Dead

swiftwind

Gawd
PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC for SOLD OUT

This is a hell of a deal, period.

=========================
Edit: from Archea - you can still buy the PNY Technologies GeForce GTX 1070 for $405 or less here.

"you can get a 1070 here for $405 - 6% - $10 = $375 (which is cheaper than used 1070 cards on eBay)." -- Archea

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning this deal. It looks like a well reviewed card.

I ordered three of these 1080TI cards for mining. You can drop the TDP down to about 65% - so that's running the card at about 165 watt instead of 255 watt - and still get within about 5% of full performance.

$633 - 6% at BeFrugal = $595 per card before tax. That's pretty much unbeatable.

1080 TI now out of stock :(

But you can still get a PNY 1070 card (part number 490-BDNL) for $375 or $385 after BeFrugal referral deal. (which is cheaper than the 1070 is selling for used on eBay now.)
http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/pny-...i-3-x-displayport/apd/490-bdnl/parts-upgrades

If you use my BeFrugal referral link you'll get the current Dell 6% promotion plus another bonus $10 off.

https://www.befrugal.com/referral/?ref=SCTNAIE

To do the BeFrugal thing - log in at BeFrugal (if a new member click my link above to get the extra $10 and create an account), then search for Dell, click the Dell 6% off coupon referral link on the right side of the page. After the click through to Dell, then search for A9763688 to find the PNY 1080TI or 490-BDNL for the 1070.

A9763688 is the part number for this 1080TI at that $633 price and 490-BDNL is the 1070 part number at $405.

The BeFrugal credit will likely take a few days, but they have been 100% reliable for me in the past - I expect no different here. (If you try to use other coupon codes for Dell with BeFrugal you risk losing your 6% -- YMMV)

After BeFrugal 6% credit it should be $595. (and -$10 less referral credit = $585)

Dell does charge tax in some states.

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning this deal. I ordered three of these cards for mining. You can drop the TDP down to about 65% - so running the card at about 165 watt instead of 255 watt - and still get within about 5% of full performance.

$633 - 6% at befrugal = $595 per card before tax. That's pretty much unbeatable.

To do the befrugal thing - log in at befrugal, click the dell 6% off coupon referral link and then search for A9763688 on Dell's site.

A9763688 is the part number for this 1080TI at that price.

The Befrugal credit will likely take a few days, but they have been 100% reliable for me in the past - I expect no different here.

That's a heck of a deal...... They're $733 direct from PNY.
I assume Dell charges tax?

I wonder if one could be sold locally on Craiglist for a bit of a profit? It would be hard to make a profit on ebay due to the fees. Speaking of the fees, do you plan to try to sell your 470's anywhere besides ebay?

That's a heck of a deal...... They're $733 direct from PNY.
I assume Dell charges tax?

I wonder if one could be sold locally on Craiglist for a bit of a profit? It would be hard to make a profit on ebay due to the fees. Speaking of the fees, do you plan to try to sell your 470's anywhere besides ebay?

I might list my RX470's on cragislist and see how they go. Otherwise I was planning on selling one big lot of the RX470 cards. Eight of them at say $325 ish each?

Dell charges tax for me on this 1080TI deal in Missouri. I'm not sure if that's across the US or only States they have a presence.

Last edited:
That really is a nice deal... PNY makes great cards, I've owned several of their vid cards over the years and had zero issues.
However this card is huge at 12.4 inches- measure your case if you are not sure.
Also : ships 7/18/2017

Now- do I buy two and SLI or pick up a Titan xP?

hmmmm
hmmmmmmmm

That really is a nice deal... PNY makes great cards, I've owned several of their vid cards over the years and had zero issues.
However this card is huge at 12.4 inches- measure your case if you are not sure.
Also : ships 7/18/2017

hmmmm
hmmmmmmmm

Titan Xp doesn't make sense to me. It's like 5% more performance for $500 more!?!?! If you are considering mining the choice is obvious - get a pair of 1080TI. When/if SLI works, then the pair of 1080TI will be much faster for gaming too -- at a comparable price to the Xp.

Do note that with these cards to get full SLI performance you'll need a High Bandwidth SLI bridge and chances are your motherboard didn't come with one.

Benchmarks:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3087...ayoff-in-buying-nvidias-40-sli-hb-bridge.html

You can buy the new high bandwidth SLI bridges for about $20 off eBay from private parties. Or pay $40 for it new.

Last edited:

hmmmm
hmmmmmmmm

The Titan XP only really made sense before the 1080 Ti was announced.

That said, SLI is not a super great solution, either, but I don't see any real reason to replace a 1080 Ti with a Titan XP.

This things on the front page of slickdeals. I can't believe it's lasted this long already!?!

The Titan XP only really made sense before the 1080 Ti was announced.

That said, SLI is not a super great solution, either, but I don't see any real reason to replace a 1080 Ti with a Titan XP.

This and this.

Mainly just e-peen, I think. But I'm comfortable with my Ti manhood. :p

topcashback has 8% cashback at dell small business.

Last edited:
I jumped on a pair of the 1080Ti's early Wednesday morning. I sure hope they will actually ship 7/18.

Looks like I should be able to get about $375 for each of my Asus Strix 980Ti (DC3OC 6GD5) on eBay based on the sold listings for the last week or so. There are a lot of suckers out there still. lol

I jumped on a pair of the 1080Ti's early Wednesday morning. I sure hope they will actually ship 7/18.

Looks like I should be able to get about $375 for each of my Asus Strix 980Ti (DC3OC 6GD5) on eBay based on the sold listings for the last week or so. There are a lot of suckers out there still. lol

If you bought the same ones I did, it looks like they're cancelling those orders now. They did mine anyway.

Same here. But I just got an email that the order was cancelled. Called Dell, and got what sounded like an East Indian. I think she was saying that I could try again, but that the same price would not be available.

Anyhow, the 1080 Ti is no longer listed. She did say that the order for two 1070's, which I placed a couple hours later, was still on. I hope so, because that price is now $429, up from 404.

1070 better than getting the 1080 TI Founders Edition? For mining? I was going to use them for gaming, then mining in my offtime.

They canceled my 1080ti order as well :(

Last edited:
1070 better than getting the 1080 TI Founders Edition? For mining? I was going to use them for gaming, then mining in my offtime.

They canceled my 1080ti order as well :(

I meant a better ROI (return on investment)

If you bought the same ones I did, it looks like they're cancelling those orders now. They did mine anyway.

My order still appears to be intact. This is the current status:

dellorder.JPG

What would these card prices be without miners? Wouldn't the 1080s be stupid expensive regardless?
I got my EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 card a few months ago for ~$340 after stacking jet coupon codes.

Miners can all go die in an electrical fire. These prices are pure stupidly.
He's got a point. SSDs, RAM and video card prices are going up, not down. It's making our lives miserable.

I posted this deal to try and help people get the cards they have been waiting for but couldn't afford it until now. I admit I hope that the more cards make it back into the market, the more this silly market will stabilize.

Miners can all go die in an electrical fire. These prices are pure stupidly.
You sound like someone whose jealous that they make money with their hobby. Also, if you're going to call something dumb try to avoid misspelling. :p

Supply and demand. Your beef should be with the video card companies not supplying enough to meet demand.:troll:

He's got a point. SSDs, RAM and video card prices are going up, not down. It's making our lives miserable.

I posted this deal to try and help people get the cards they have been waiting for but couldn't afford it until now. I admit I hope that the more cards make it back into the market, the more this silly market will stabilize.

SSD, RAM was going up before the mining craze drove up GPU prices in may/june so can't really blame miners for that, blame price fixing. GPU market will only stabilize once mining prices/rewards drop to be near unprofitable.

SSD, RAM was going up before the mining craze drove up GPU prices in may/june so can't really blame miners for that, blame price fixing. GPU market will only stabilize once mining prices/rewards drop to be near unprofitable.
My bad. I didn't mean to sound like I was blaming miners for anything. It's just frustrating to see prices skyrocket. It's becoming more and more expensive to upgrade / build computers these days.

Trying to add 2 more 1070's to my cart, and keep getting this. Might be sold out already.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/serviceselection/490-bdnl

Sorry, this page failed to load or no longer exists.

Try this:
Dell part 490-BDNL
Or just Google search "Dell + 1070"

It seems like Dell is changing the links actively. (or it's a cookie on the search that is timing out or something?) This is the second time a valid link didn't work when the product was still in stock.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop...acd=12309152537501410&VEN3=100603328789127849

Dell 1070.JPG

I don't think RAM and SSD prices have anything to do with miners.

RAM prices ALWAYS go up in the summer -- EVERY year -- then they fall back down in fall and winter. I have no idea why. I've just observed it like clockwork for years and years.

SSD's aren't even required for mining machines. HD speed doesn't matter in the least. And if anything SSD prices seem to be coming down on the new stuff. You can get a 256GB NVME SSD 960 for $120. (stupid fast read and write and IOPs - 5-6x's faster than a typical SATA based SSD). More likely it's just that the older SSD hardware (sata based) is not being produced in as high of volumes to make way for the new PCI-EX NVME type SSDs. As quantity drops due to manufacturing the prices will edge up.

GPUs -- yes -- totally the miners fault.. You can look forward to the crash, when you'll be able to buy a 1060 or RX480 for like $60 bucks because the market will be absolutely flooded with them. :)

GPUs -- yes -- totally the miners fault.. You can look forward to the crash, when you'll be able to buy a 1060 or RX480 for like $60 bucks because the market will be absolutely flooded with them. :)

This is what I expect. When it no longer becomes profitable miners will dump these cards.

Try this:
Dell part 490-BDNL
Or just Google search "Dell + 1070"

It seems like Dell is changing the links actively. (or it's a cookie on the search that is timing out or something?) This is the second time a valid link didn't work when the product was still in stock.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop...acd=12309152537501410&VEN3=100603328789127849

View attachment 29792

Oh, I can get to the product page. It's only when I click the BUY button, that the not found message appears. And not with other items, as I tried...wanna try clicking on the BUY link for me, as a test? I even tried in "Edge" browser, same thing.

Last edited:
Back