(dead) [woot] SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer $179.99 (40% off)

SPARTAN VI

[H]F Junkie
I always find a reason to fire up my 3D printer, especially on cold days. The most recent draw has been to make Peppa Pig toys for my 2 year old daughter, and my 4 and 6 year old nieces.

Screenshot_20190226-072410__01.jpg

I basically 3D printed the windows, the door frame, and the door. Then found a $3 paper mache box at the craft store, 70¢ tube of blue paint, then cut out the openings. Typical Peppa Pig play house would run you... $30 or so? This box can be used for storage, and I really don't care if she bangs it up.

RE: This deal, it looks hot to me. $179 for that print volume, all metal frame, heated bed, i3 clone is excellent.

Last edited:

MrMitch

Spinning Drives Rule!
I've been thinking about getting a 3D printer, I wish I knew more about them to know what exactly I'd be getting myself into with this deal.

Off to do youtube research!

Joust

Supreme [H]ardness
I always find a reason to fire up my 3D printer, especially on cold days. The most recent draw has been to make Peppa Pig toys for my 2 year old daughter, and my 4 and 6 year old nieces.

View attachment 144463

I basically 3D printed the windows, the door frame, and the door. Then found a $3 paper mache box at the craft store, 70¢ tube of blue paint, then cut out the openings. Typical Peppa Pig play house would run you... $30 or so? This box can be used for storage, and I really don't care if she bangs it up.

RE: This deal, it looks hot to me. $179 for that print volume, all metal frame, heated bed, i3 clone from a reputable brand is excellent.

I'm Peppa Pig (oink oink).

What's happened to me?

MavericK

Zero Cool
According to some of the discussion on Woot, this thing is never $299 - in fact, on Amazon right now (who owns Woot), it's $239. Someone also suggested getting the Ender-3 Pro which is $279.

Still, for $179 this sounds like a pretty decent deal.

Viper16

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought my ender 3 pro for 220.00 from a third party seller. My buddy just purchased his Ender 3 from banggood for around 190.00-ish. I wonder what parts are sainsmart on this...you can get the OEM for same price.

BTW this was my first 3D printer ever and within a couple hours, I was printing some legit models.

///AMG

2[H]4U
I bought my ender 3 pro for 220.00 from a third party seller. My buddy just purchased his Ender 3 from banggood for around 190.00-ish. I wonder what parts are sainsmart on this...you can get the OEM for same price.

BTW this was my first 3D printer ever and within a couple hours, I was printing some legit models.

Seems to be mostly the same except the psu which imho I would just get the oem on with the better meanwell psu since the ended 3 had psu connector related fires.