Dead Space remake (2023)

This honestly makes sense for a lot of survival horror games. I could imagine the new silent Hill remake will be great too.
Stalker 2 is all I'm waiting on.......:) I pray they maintain the dark, dour atmosphere present in the original along with the superb lighting and shadows of the underground areas. I've got a 22in Sun GDM 5410 purchased new in box over a year ago just waiting to go back to the Zone.

the Dead Space remake (along with the upcoming Redfall) are both confirmed to be using Denuvo...Dead Space also only uses RT ambient occlusion

Wccftech seems to be the only one complaining about performance and visuals as all the other reviewers with PC version mention that it runs and looks great.

Yes. I've seen little in terms of poor performance with this game. Seems people are looking for things to complain about.

YongYea's youtube review stated he saw a minimum of 90fps, average was 100-120fps on Ultra at 1440P, that was with a 3080 Ti. No mention of stutters.

comparing the Original to the Remake and it's a pretty big difference in terms of visuals...great job by Motive...

Should be able to play the game now. It unlocked globally about half an hour ago, according to EA.

Reactions: w35t
like this
Nostalgia overload, have not played the original since launch so this has been a nice throwback for me.

What a refreshing experience. AAA game running smooth as silk, at locked 75fps it's got a render latency or around 16ms which is normal for locked frames, unlocked it's 8-9ms which you can tell there's a bit of an improvement in the mouse to camera movement response so I've just kept it unlocked for now, might put it back though. Only reason I lock fps is because the 3080 Ti is loud, and locked to a lower fps it is quite a bit quieter lol. unlocked the game is running around 100fps average or so and dips slightly below here and there if lots of stuff going on.

The only niggle is that the only ray traced setting is RTAO, but the screen space shadows and lighting are so good that it really doesn't matter. Ultra settings preset does use RTAO so no need to have custom selected. I switched the DLSS file to version 2.5.1 which I've been using in Witcher 3 next gen and that works great. By default the game uses DLSS 2.5.0 for reference.

Excellent stuff, inky blacks on ultrawide OLED, and I haven't even enabled HDR mode yet!

Feels weird saying it, but there's no need to wait for a day/week 1 patch :D

In terms of micro stutters when entering a new area, there are some at the very instant you come up to a door entry of a new section /sometimes/, but it's so small that it's barely a distraction. During action and normal exploration it is just smoothness.

I will say this though, up close the texture detailing is not as highly detailed as the textures in Callisto Protocol, in that game you could get the camera right up to any object on Jacob and there would be striation marks from scratches and you could make out the fibres on threads and things like that. on DS Remake the detailing just does not go that deep. Not a huge issue as everything else more than makes up for it.

uazJp3u.jpg

1reAXo8.jpg

Last edited:
Cheapest way to play it is just pay $15 for a month of EA Play Pro. However, yes, if you have Xbox game pass it will drop the price some since that includes ea play discount.

The game generally runs well. However, there is absolutely some stutter going between areas. Nowhere near as bad as Callisto Protocol though...

I will say this though, up close the texture detailing is not as highly detailed as the textures in Callisto Protocol, in that game you could get the camera right up to any object on Jacob and there would be striation marks from scratches and you could make out the fibres on threads and things like that. on DS Remake the detailing just does not go that deep. Not a huge issue as everything else more than makes up for it.

it looks like a huge upgrade in visuals...Isaac's suit and the lighting look like a night/day difference...a remake done right...my only nitpick is that I wish the alternate ending was available in standard NG (it's only available in NG+)

Last edited:
Do you have a link to the pc version from game pass? I can't find it.
The PC version isn't on the Microsoft Store, let alone Game Pass. You get a 10% discount on the console version for being a current Game Pass subscriber.

but the 10% discount is wiped out by the subscription fee to Ea Play/Game Pass

If you already have EA Play or Game Pass you get the discount. I doubt anyone is advocating subscribing to either solely to get a discount on this one game.

I think anyone that owns the original should upgrade to the remake...even if it's not right away then wait for a sale...it's the definitive version of the game...I would love to see them remake DS2 and DS3 as well

I have never seen accessibility options like this in a game before. They are trying to please everybody, and I mean everybody.

I have never seen accessibility options like this in a game before. They are trying to please everybody, and I mean everybody.

I wonder what 'Hide Disturbing Scenes' means?...they edit those extremely graphic parts out of the game altogether?

I wonder what 'Hide Disturbing Scenes' means?...they edit those extremely graphic parts out of the game altogether?
In addition to these warnings, there is also the option to blur out said content if wished. If players choose to do this, they will "still hear any audio" that happens during these particular moments in the game, but "a blurring effect will hide the visuals until the scene has played out".
Hilarious.

https://www.eurogamer.net/dead-space-accessibility-options-include-content-warning-feature

I'm sorry if people are too squeamish to play a game that "features" suicide and other ailments of mankind, but for fuck's sake, this is Dead Space, this game is gory AF and suicide should be the least of their worries if they decide to play this.

Those kinds of warnings have nothing to do with people being squemish. It’s proven that showing suicide and even talking about it can be a trigger for people already considering it. I don’t really know if there’s much point adding a warning to that specific part of the game over it just being a generic warning for the game overall, but whatever. All of these things are entirely optional and shouldn’t concern anyone that has no interest in using them.

I'm sorry if people are too squeamish to play a game that "features" suicide and other ailments of mankind, but for fuck's sake, this is Dead Space, this game is gory AF and suicide should be the least of their worries if they decide to play this.

tearing the flesh of undead alien creatures is fantasy while suicide is a real-life issue so certain people might get triggered- especially those that have experienced it through a friend or family member

I only used "suicide" as an example since that was shown as a warning for it, I also said other ailments of mankind.
It is not my intention to be called out for not being PC here.
For that I apologize.
I too have had to deal with several family members that have considered and have done the deed so I'm not clueless on the emotional damaged.

Back OT:
The more these companies cater to the folks that are just wanting to bitch about games having this or missing that, the more I'm going to call them out for it, it is my right, especially when I'm paying $70 to see bullshit like that in my game. I have replayed the shit out of all 3 DS games and never would of thought they would implement these "accessibilities"

Those kinds of warnings have nothing to do with people being squemish. It’s proven that showing suicide and even talking about it can be a trigger for people already considering it. I don’t really know if there’s much point adding a warning to that specific part of the game over it just being a generic warning for the game overall, but whatever. All of these things are entirely optional and shouldn’t concern anyone that has no interest in using them.

tearing the flesh of undead alien creatures is fantasy while suicide is a real-life issue so certain people might get triggered- especially those that have experienced it through a friend or family member

EA even made a dedicated page so as to inform the snowflakes what awaits them before they even buy the game.
I thought this was suppose to be a 3rd person survival horror, not a choose your own adventure with safety rails and non-skid flooring.

Explicit Content Warnings Per Chapter​

Dead Space contains graphic violence, including explicit depictions of dismemberment, impalement, blood, gore, vomit, and death.​

Below you will find an overview of some potentially sensitive content per game chapter. Though this is not a fully exhaustive list of every scene and gameplay moment, we hope that this information may be of use to players.​

Oh noooos Ch5 has a audiolog that contains depictions of psychological manipulation and medical malpractice.

https://www.ea.com/games/dead-space...ing?isLocalized=true#explicit-content-warning

Last edited:
another excellent review from Skill Up!

I strongly recommend: Dead Space (2023)- Review

EA even made a dedicated page so as to inform the snowflakes what awaits them before they even buy the game.
I thought this was suppose to be a 3rd person survival horror, not a choose your own adventure with safety rails and non-skid flooring.

Oh noooos Ch5 has a audiolog that contains depictions of psychological manipulation and medical malpractice.

https://www.ea.com/games/dead-space...ing?isLocalized=true#explicit-content-warning
There is literally no reason to be complaining about this. None of this is forced in the game. It's there for people that want it. Who cares.

Reactions: w35t
like this
There is literally no reason to be complaining about this. None of this is forced in the game. It's there for people that want it. Who cares.
You must, since you're making it your agenda by replying to something no one cares about.

Well the game runs great for me at 4K Ultra but my key bindings are totally effed. Trying to figure that out.
I always had to run a key rebinder on the OG's for the arrow keys, I thought they would at least have that figured out in this day and age. What keys are you having issues with?

I agree with you. But how nice would it be if we got a game these days that was void of all the current modern audience bullshit.

Give me a fucking violent slasher with some jiggle physics sprinkled in. We’re here to play goddamnit.

Back