Dead Space remake (2023)

DS2 was the one I was looking forward to THE MOST!

(as I'm certain almost everyone else was)
Nope, I can just install the original and play through that again. I was not a fan of the changes and pandering done in the remake of the first game.

The death knell for all remakes:

1712836736150.png

The Callisto Protocol sold better.

why does Dead Space 2 never seem to go on sale?...currently the 2023 remake ($41.99) and Dead Space 3 ($4.99) are on sale on Steam...even during the recent Steam Summer Sale DS2 wasn't discounted...I have a disc copy of DS2 but the activation key doesn't work on Origin or Steam

the game is on sale during the Steam Summer sale for $3.99...I bought it, so now I have all 3 games available through Origin and Steam...I still need to buy the remake

does the Steam version of DS2 come with the story DLC?...I don't see any mention of it in the storefront

the game is on sale during the Steam Summer sale for $3.99...I bought it, so now I have all 3 games available through Origin and Steam...I still need to buy the remake

does the Steam version of DS2 come with the story DLC?...I don't see any mention of it in the storefront
DS2's story DLC, Severed, is only available with the Xbox 360 & PS3 versions. Emulation is the easiest way to get around that headache.
https://deadspace.fandom.com/wiki/Dead_Space_2:_Severed

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYS5OlRQweo

Console only. Severed isn't important, and all it is is walking backward through the first area of the game. I finished it in around 30 minutes and feel it doesn't add anything to the base game. I'd just get the mod that unlocks the doors that you need to have played the console-exclusive puzzle game Ignition for. Be sure to read the description for the mod, though, as there are some concessions to make it work. I think it's worth it solely due to the extra resources you get, including more power nodes, which are vital for the Zealot and Impossible difficulties.

Back