Dead Space remake (2023)

That was it. The tentacle section sucked with a mouse for sure, and I think it took me two tries to pass the cannon sequence... but that was the only time I got at all irked about the controls. That I remember at least - it's been YEARS.
If I recall correctly the changing camera angles during the tentacle fight would mess with the orientation of your aiming, which was easier to deal with using a controller for sure.

If I recall correctly the changing camera angles during the tentacle fight would mess with the orientation of your aiming, which was easier to deal with using a controller for sure.
That was it. Just rewatched a video of it - you were chasing the aim points as it moved the camera.

the new user interface looks better

New EA App for PC is officially out, replacing Origin

Today, we’re thrilled to announce that the EA app has officially left its open beta phase and will soon replace Origin as our primary PC platform...the EA app is our fastest and lightest PC client to date...with the new streamlined design you will easily find the games and content you’re looking for and discover your new favorite games...

https://www.ea.com/news/ea-app

Dead Space remake will be 'native' on Steam, no Origin client required

EA didn't say whether or not the decision is part of some broader plan to phase out the Origin client for Steam releases, but I doubt it...the upcoming Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will require Origin...

https://www.pcgamer.com/dead-space-remake-will-be-native-on-steam-no-origin-client-required/

God I hope so, as it seemed like for a while every game company had its own launcher. I am tired of multiple launchers, steam and GOG is enough for me.

I'm playing Dead Space 3 and it launches origin inside of steam to play it while
1 and 2 didn't. It's kinda annoying, and
3 is also the only one that doesn't have an official steam deck controller configuration. Yet.

Is three decent? I was turned off by the microtransactions and never picked it up.

Is three decent? I was turned off by the microtransactions and never picked it up.

It's okay. It's nowhere near as good as the other 2, there's an interview out there with the developer(s) that management forced things on them, such as micro transactions.

Biggest problem I had with 3 was that it was turned largely into an action game, and moved completely away from being horror. The first game is brilliant. The second game wasn't bad either, and still kept some horror elements. The third game just felt like a Capcom action game from the era. It wasn't bad, but not what I wanted out of the series.

Biggest problem I had with 3 was that it was turned largely into an action game, and moved completely away from being horror. The first game is brilliant. The second game wasn't bad either, and still kept some horror elements. The third game just felt like a Capcom action game from the era. It wasn't bad, but not what I wanted out of the series.
I remember a designer interview where they talked about that - they couldn't see both how to keep resetting issac back to "baseline" without it being silly, but by the end of each game he was an OP killing machine ... so they tried action, and that's what they thought the market wanted too - but still horror elements that got deleted along the way. Only played 1 - got started on 2 and didn't have the energy for another at that time.

The amount of cool guns you can make are fun in 3, but the story gets kinda meh at the end.
It gets better toward the end.
I remember a designer interview where they talked about that - they couldn't see both how to keep resetting issac back to "baseline" without it being silly, but by the end of each game he was an OP killing machine ... so they tried action, and that's what they thought the market wanted too - but still horror elements that got deleted along the way. Only played 1 - got started on 2 and didn't have the energy for another at that time.
I think the extended ending DLC makes up for that. It was a very satisfactory ending to the trilogy. I also thought the game got really tense once you're on the ice planet and you need to
fight through the now necromorph native species.

You should really play through 2. It's still the scariest game I've ever played.

I think the extended ending DLC makes up for that. It was a very satisfactory ending to the trilogy. I also thought the game got really tense once you're on the ice planet and you need to

I don't even remember if I played the DLC (I don't think I did)...now I'm interested in picking that up...

It gets better toward the end.

You should really play through 2. It's still the scariest game I've ever played.
Thinking about doing a replay of all 3 again for like the 10th time, and I have to say that 2 is far superior then the rest, especially the last 3 levels.
Since your also a console player, have you ever gotten the Hard to the Core achievement? This guy showing his progression of trying to earn that achievement is hilarious!

Thinking about doing a replay of all 3 again for like the 10th time, and I have to say that 2 is far superior then the rest, especially the last 3 levels.
Since your also a console player, have you ever gotten the Hard to the Core achievement? This guy showing his progression of trying to earn that achievement is hilarious!

I have never played the console version of Dead Space 2. When I was reading up about that achievement, I made the decision I would never go for it :ROFLMAO:.

I have never played the console version of Dead Space 2. When I was reading up about that achievement, I made the decision I would never go for it :ROFLMAO:.
Yeah I bet there was a lot of thrown controllers and smashed 360's because of that achievement. :LOL:

Yeah- the light in the engine room demo a while back looked really good, and makes me want to try at least a demo...

Dead Space | Extended Gameplay Walkthrough

I'm happy they improved the interface while keeping the same design language. The thin font was hard on the eyes at high resolutions like 4K in the original.

There are some hitches and stutters in the footage I have been watching today so that has me a bit worried. Also saw some shadows getting drawn in and what looks like some flickering in spots. I would have expected better for what is supposed to be a next gen only release. And the game seems a bit too dark overall.

I did go ahead and pick up the Origin version for 40 bucks on cdkeys though...

The amount of cool guns you can make are fun in 3, but the story gets kinda meh at the end.

I thought this as well. I enjoyed making guns and tweaking them to my play style. Yeah it had micro-transactions but they weren't required. I don't recall every buying any and have played the game through several times with no problem.

I thought the atmosphere was really good in 3. It wasn't as "horror" as the first or even the seond but it was still pretty damn creepy and there were several scenes that made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

I thought the acting was really good too, especially Carver. The "you're a good man" scene at the end is very well done and one of my favorite cut scenes in a video game.

Check out the first 18 minutes of Dead Space gameplay running in 4K 60fps on PC...

Looks great, but they nerfed Kendra's boobs 😭

1670260661669.png

1670260732865.png

Looks great, but they nerfed Kendra's boobs 😭

looks like they completely changed her character model...I liked the way she looked before- much more curvy with a prettier face

that being said I love the new lighting...a night/day difference compared to the original

looks like they completely changed her character model...I liked the way she looked before- much more curvy with a prettier face

that being said I love the new lighting...a night/day difference compared to the original
Same with Nicole, though they "normaled" her up first in Dead Space 2.

Need to make sure we don't cater to the male gaze, am I right?

Yep I liked what I saw, looks like ray traced reflections and GI too at play. I like the fact that they didn't crush the blacks so it looked like a faded colour grade (old dead space had this, Callisto has this) - So playing on my QD-OLED is going to be amazing with this lol.

It was being played on a PC at 4K 60fps, I saw no major stutters, just a few minor fps drops randomly when an item or something was loading or the camera panning into an area - Minor optimisations perhaps before launch..The fact that it was running and llooking flawless at 4K 60 on PC means I should have no trouble at 3440x1440 hopefully.

The audio also was top notch, Calisto is amazing already but I don't recall the sound directing being this cinematic from DS1.

It would indeed appear that EA have not messed this one up from those 18 minutes lol.

I'm replaying DS1 right now and that is a substantial improvement in terms of graphics. Hopefully they don't make any boneheaded moves on this one.

Isn't "The Callisto Protocol" basically a Dead Space remake? It looks just like DS with better graphics, even the main character moves the same, it's made by the same people who made DS.

I played all 3 DS games and the 2nd one was the best. The 1st one had mouse issues that made it lag like crazy and the 3rd one, well, that's when they jumped the shark, way too much focus on action instead of survivor horror. DS3 was one of the worst games I have ever played (besides Big Rigs) and it was a chore just finishing it to see how it ended.

Back