Dead Island: Riptide, The New Vegas of Dead Island?

annoying shit, using default for now until someone create a .75 Data0 pak

While slightly refined, the PC version still suffers from the same control issues and overall polish

sad to hear...unless this was in development at the same time as Dead Island there's no reason why the same issues should still exist

While slightly refined, the PC version still suffers from the same control issues and overall polish.
I'd wait for it to hit $15 or lower.

theres no control issues, using a wireless g700 and a kbc poker on usb. the game is all fucking overall better, polished, maybe the problem is with you (i'm a athletic dude with no coordination or eyesight problems).

heh? bad crash yo, with no response from mouse, had to ctr-shift-esc alt/tab/enter my way out of it. now thats something i never saw on the first one (goty ed) hmmm... fuck.

ahem.. so.. am i the only one playing this game?

foreveralonej.png

shieet, guess the joke is on me then :p

Nothing wrong with those.

MOBAs are dumbed down RTS, with no base building, only one unit, only one map and then to give you something to do they ripped out the grind elements of MMORPGs so you can grind off for an hour. Then the whole "tactics" involves remembering which character hasn't been tweaked that month so is the most OP then who gets the least bored grinding.

TF2 is just a very bad, very bland arena shooter for people who can't play proper arena shooters, played in slow motion with a lame trading/microsaction game added on for...fun...

Do the weapons still break down as easy as in first ? that really sucked...

c'mon, seriously, whats not to like on this game lol i cant have enough of it!

bugs: plenty! but i call them "features" :D

finished!! NOW i finally can start metroll in peace! i did everything, the game is great, hilarious fucking thing, it crashed twice and i found no bugs that prevents you to completing quests/sidequests, if anyone has any doubt, just ask me :D

Do weapons still disappear randomly into terrain when you throw them?

Do weapons still disappear randomly into terrain when you throw them?

i guess not, it never happened to me, also the game has weapons like harpoons, nail guns and expensive throwing knifes (stackable on inventory, same as nails and harpoons, etc) that are made to be recovered from the bodies after use so i guess they tweaked that :p

Do the weapons still break down as easy as in first ? that really sucked...

no! finally! i had to use a mod on the first one. on this one i guess you have to kill a hundred zombies before it breaks, also theres workbenches everywhere, i never saw one of my weapons get below 50%

oh yeah, and most all vendors sells all kinds of ammo, harpoons, nails, flares for flaregun etc.. if youre into this kind of thing (BUT I LIKE GOREEEE!!). also, the game is EASY compared to the first one, no more epic fight everytime you encounter a buncha zombies, epic fights are reserved for bosses, only fun this time :)

MOBAs are dumbed down RTS, with no base building, only one unit, only one map and then to give you something to do they ripped out the grind elements of MMORPGs so you can grind off for an hour. Then the whole "tactics" involves remembering which character hasn't been tweaked that month so is the most OP then who gets the least bored grinding.

TF2 is just a very bad, very bland arena shooter for people who can't play proper arena shooters, played in slow motion with a lame trading/microsaction game added on for...fun...

Damn dude, really? I didn't know gaming had to revolve around pure skill and properness.

Little harsh, don't you think? :confused:

I've been playing this, I have over 9 hours into it and I'm using my character from the first game (Sam B). So far I'm enjoying it because it's easy and I'm in a hurry to complete a buncha games so I don't want a huge challenge. I can't really remember the whole story from the first game and being 9 hours in I can't really say that the story is progressing much except that I have finally met a scientist that seems to know about the infection. Anyway, this game seems to be a simple continuation from the last game. Gameplay and zombies appear to be the same.

For how shoddy this game is, my only real issue is that this game has some funky issue with vsync or... something. Tools report it's running 60FPS but it feels stuttery like it's being internally rendered at 20-30FPS. In the NVIDIA Control Panel for Riptide, I disabled vsync (also disabled in-game) and I set pre-rendered frames to 4. This seems to have let the game really run at 60FPS with a barely noticeable amount of tear. Fortunately it seems to do fine without using DI Helper but I might try the helper to see how it performs with some anti-aliasing since that appears to be completely absent from this game. I wanna say that the last time I tried to bump the settings with DI Helper, even with vsync disable, the game performed rough but maybe something changed with the current driver.

Is the coop any better than the first?
Haven't played it co-op yet but I did play the first one co-op. I imagine that it's exactly the same. I'm almost 40% complete and the mechanics are exactly the same.

Annnd, I just did. well, 5.99 anyway.

Got the Dead Island Franchise pack, even though already played original.

Not bad...not great....I still miss playing my Shadow Warrior.

I love riptide! Plus there are some really good mods out there that are worth a couple more playthroughs

I think my son got this free, or at least a demo of it, with his Xbox One... Looks like a riot!

Have they fixed a lot of the bugs in this game? I played it way back when it was released and ended up stuck about a 1/4 of the way through because of a bad save. Somehow the save ended up with state information from before the save point, so I couldn't progress when the game got bugged. Really bizarre and totally killed my interest in the game.

Have they fixed a lot of the bugs in this game? I played it way back when it was released and ended up stuck about a 1/4 of the way through because of a bad save. Somehow the save ended up with state information from before the save point, so I couldn't progress when the game got bugged. Really bizarre and totally killed my interest in the game.

ON the vanilla game I never experienced any bugs. SO I would say yes. the latter half of the game is the best. you should pick it up again. Once you get to henderson you start to see some crazy fun zombies roaming the town. I still have nightmares about the big guy in the straight jacket.

ON the vanilla game I never experienced any bugs. SO I would say yes. the latter half of the game is the best. you should pick it up again. Once you get to henderson you start to see some crazy fun zombies roaming the town. I still have nightmares about the big guy in the straight jacket.

Yea, I'm going to give it another go. I liked the original Dead Island quite a bit.

I just finished it recently. It's pretty weak compared to the original. I think they made getting from point A to B on a lot of the quests too much of a bore. I skipped a lot of the neat side blueprint stuff because it was just too much of a boring walk to get there for minimal payout.

There's a mini game where you're defending your bases but it's incredibly easy making it fun but not really worth upgrading your NPC's who are idiots.

The plot is stupid but you knew that going in.

Looking back on it immediately after it was done I was definitely sad it was over. Dead Island is the best zombie killing action RPG I've played to date. It's fun, varied and pretty to look at. I think they should just release or sell the code. The shell of the game is amazing, but the writing is like they had a 12 year old (huh hardforums edits out the w word. Lets say a 12 year old white kid that listens to really bad thug rap.) design the story and plotting.

It's worth $5 but no the first was far better bugs and all. (I played it looong after release I only saw 1 or 2 bugs.)

The whole setting and idea was great, but I agree, the story is where they lack. (I only played the original, but the story got kinda weird at times). L4D is fun, but nowhere near this game. Killing zombies has never been as fun as this game :D.

The community mod was pretty good though. Headshots only was fun

Are there any mods that would be recommended for a first-time playthrough of a fully patched Dead Island?

Back