*DEAD* eVGA GTX 780 Superclocked $360 at Amazon

I noticed the 780 SC I just received came with the high flow bracket. It actually seems to run a few degrees cooler than my other 780 SC that came with the standard bracket, and that is even while being the top card!

Between the back plates and the EVGA light up SLI bridge, this is the nicest looking build I've ever had. :p

Those of you who picked up two @ $360 each made out like bandits!

how's your AX850 holding up? i'm running the same PSU, just curious how it's doing for you with 2 780's.

Seems to hold up well. PSU stays pretty quiet, no louder than when I had the 7990 in here, so I assume it's coping with the load well. 780s are clocked at @ 1071 MHz.

I don't know if I'd want to mess with overvolting the cards on a 850w though, may move to a 1 kW+ in the future. Anyway, doesn't matter right now as they are plenty fast for all games.

I played CSR roulette again and lost once more. Only this time I got a lot more information out of them than I thought I would.

Its interesting what they will say if you just keep them on the line semi-permanently...

Well what did they say about it then? What is interesting is all the different stories that are going around now though.

I played CSR roulette again and lost once more. Only this time I got a lot more information out of them than I thought I would.

Its interesting what they will say if you just keep them on the line semi-permanently...

hopefully all the people who got in on this deal will do the honorable thing and sell the Nvidia game codes for cheap or free :D :p

Well what did they say about it then? What is interesting is all the different stories that are going around now though.

First it was canceled because of lack of stock to meet the order. Then it was an error in processing...now its:

"The inventory came from the manufacturer and we needed to stop the delivery of the orders due to an error encountered. I hope you do understand. We just wanted to provide a quality item and avoid having future issues with it."

"We wanted to ensure that the expected quality of the item based from the price you paid will be met and fulfilled."

Because EVGA doesn't do any QC right?

That is pretty crazy there. I guess whatever it takes to get you off their back. Crazy, congratulations to those who got it. To the others perhaps the next time you will get lucky. I have no luck, so I'm excluded from the beginning.

After you speak to a representative, who will most likely shoot you down, you must do the follow up rating. Rate the Amazon service low and itll give you a call option or an email option. Most people are calling, I chose to email.

Email or call and tell them that you had ordered and it was cancelled on Amazons end and that your friend had his price honored for another item. Then give them a suggestion link of a comparable EVGA card.

After you speak to a representative, who will most likely shoot you down, you must do the follow up rating. Rate the Amazon service low and itll give you a call option or an email option. Most people are calling, I chose to email.

Email or call and tell them that you had ordered and it was cancelled on Amazons end and that your friend had his price honored for another item. Then give them a suggestion link of a comparable EVGA card.

Tried it...got denied 2 times once on phone and once on a chat. Had a first ever with any company, a CSA straight up dropped me from chat...

I wish I could read the chat transcript of anyone that got a card price adjustment just to show it to the CSA people and prove that they are finding a way to "price-match" even though its supposedly IMPOSSIBLE to do. Am I entitled to a card? NO, but when they say they pride themselves on fair treatment of all customers this will stick out in my mind of evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:
Even those of us that didn't "get lucky" in terms of getting a card still got at the very least $25 in amazon credit. Overall I got $55 in credit that I can use on the next deal, there's always another deal.

No complaints here. Disappointed I didn't get a 780 Classified like some others? Sure, but disappointment is a far cry from anger.

There were no losers in this deal, only winners and jackpot winners.

Tried it...got denied 2 times once on phone and once on a chat. Had a first ever with any company, a CSA straight up dropped me from chat...

I wish I could read the chat transcript of anyone that got a card price adjustment just to show it to the CSA people and prove that they are finding a way to "price-match" even though its supposedly IMPOSSIBLE to do. Am I entitled to a card? NO, but when they say they pride themselves on fair treatment of all customers this will stick out in my mind of evidence to the contrary.

I ended up in your situation. Eventually I switched to the word "adjustment" or "creditted similar item" and had to escalate to a supervisor and complained that I found this to be unfair treatment to a loyal amazon customer. Took me 3-4 hours and 5 different CSR's to get them to do it.

Anyone thinking about the step up? My amazon order shows $550. Can step-up for $150 or $170 for an ACX.

Anyone thinking about the step up? My amazon order shows $550. Can step-up for $150 or $170 for an ACX.

Thought crossed my mind, but then I'd have to sell my other one and probably take a bath on it.

Plus shipping!

It is nice that some people were able to get the cards for that price.
Unfortunately, with this type of event, it really comes down to getting a rep that actually cares about the consumer or, should I say, cares more about the consumer than their company. :p

The sad thing they are popping up on all the forums now for sale. It seems a few are going to use them. While the others are making a big profit off them now. I seen a few in here make a little off of them. But most have it at $550 on up. We all need to make money but that is just crazy there. But this is just my opinion on the matter.

They finally ended up caving for me, I don't feel bad about it at all. I plan to replace my 680 with it so its not like i'm trying to make a "quick" buck with it.

Jeez, for what you get, that's an insane price. Just got mine (superclock ed.) from a FS forum seller and I'm really happy with it. Wasn't expecting to get almost the same frame rate I got with 280x/7950 Frankenfire. And the big shocker is all the software. I just didn't know. This card freakin' breathes. You can set the LED to light up like it's breathing. It's creepy and totally satisfying. I don't mind that I paid $450 for it and some of you guys got it for $360--that's just great. Wasn't expecting to feel like I got my money's worth, though. At 360 that really is way too good to be true.

The other thing is the custom resolution program that comes with this. For me, that was a big big perk. Don't need EDID override anymore. I'll probably go SLi anyway because I'm set up for it and I'm at 120Hz, but damn I am impressed with just one of these.

Which card did they give you Kaos?

They ended up matching me with the EVGA GTX 780 SC with the reference cooler. The build quality is definitely the best I have ever seen on a reference heatsink, it just screams quality.

Nice blue sun... Yeah, they cost a bit more but there are reasons generally other than brand notoriety :). These cards purr.

Nice. I'm still waiting to buy mine though(saving cause I ordered two). They said mine will be honored when back in stock.
If they still have these in stock by Thursday, I'll place my order.

Just tried this. Amazon did not honor the original price. I actually had a transcript saved with the previous support agent saying they would honor the price when the item became available. When I went to see if they would honor it, they said that the $25 credit they issued was compensation. They offered to split the difference with me if I ordered at full price and then they would give me $75 credit.

Oh well, so much for Amazon keeping their word. I kept a transcript of them turning down the request to match the price even with the previous transcript available to them, so maybe I'll open up a complaint later on.

If you really want to get the card just keep pressing the issue, if you have the chat transcripts then so do they. Mention EVERYTHING you can regarding the fact that you have their word on the price match. They promised you that they would honor the original price that they canceled on you make them keep that promise.

Amazon has honored my order placed in November 2013 on the EVGA GTX780 and canceled then. I noticed the card was back in stock and opened a chat that ended up in a phone call from Amazon and they gave me the $359 (which was promised by them) price from last November with no problems. The only thing I had to pay state sales tax which started the first of 2014. Anyway received the card last Friday the 24th and it's installed and I am happy with Amazon.

i was one of those that pre-ordered and it got cancelled. they wouldnt honor another gtx 780 i missed the boat by a day since everyone on slickdeals was doing it and they caught on. oh well. i had a 770 that i ended up doing a step up for a 780 for $80 cant complain. i did get $50 gc from amazon though.

Back