*DEAD* eVGA GTX 780 Superclocked $360 at Amazon

Mine was cancelled and I thought nothing of it, I didn't expect to get it and I wasn't going to harass some poor CSR.

Without contacting anyone, I got a $25 gift card for their error.

Glad to see some people still have some morals.

the people that begged and threatened to buy less from Amazon going forward or cancel your accounts were lying trying to take advantage of Amazon's liberal and user-friendly policies...no one was going to buy less...and no one mentioned that they got Amazon to give them these deals after linking them to [H] or other forums where other people got them...Joe X got the deal so I should too!!...not fair!

congrats on the cards though...you've successfully cheated Amazon!

the people that begged and threatened to buy less from Amazon going forward or cancel your accounts were lying trying to take advantage of Amazon's liberal and user-friendly policies...no one was going to buy less...and no one mentioned that they got Amazon to give them these deals after linking them to [H] or other forums where other people got them...Joe X got the deal so I should too!!...not fair!

You're officially "That guy".

So you didn't get in on the deal I take it?

Had they just sent that email days ago, I would have been completely fine with it. Even without the $25.

Same here.

Had they owned the issue and just sent a cancellation email, even without the gift card, I'd have thought nothing of it. However, when they started letting people get a substitute and offering gift cards for the issue, after just stealth-cancelling it, why wouldn't I try to get the card for that pricing when they clearly were honoring it for many others?

Also, don't put your random thoughts out there as everyone else's, I was annoyed due to the stealth cancel and no explanation of why, so yes, I would have bought less from them. It sounds like you're mainly bitter that you didn't get the opportunity, to me.

As far as morals? It's honestly absolutely nothing to do with morality here, it's a business transaction where they are offering it to us. I said nothing to them about "canceling my account" or "not buying from them", I simply told them I was dissatisfied with how they had handled the situation and made that very clear. Get off your high horse before your neck gets strained from holding your nose so high in the air... If they didn't want to do it they could have easily just told people "This conversation is the end of the issue for your account." when they were asked again. However they clearly thought it was worth it, and in my case it sure is for them considering how much I buy there.

Last edited:
Thread is starting to get bitter now. I fear it will get pretty ugly in here now.

Had they owned the issue and just sent a cancellation email, even without the gift card, I'd have thought nothing of it. However, when they started letting people get a substitute and offering gift cards for the issue, after just stealth-cancelling it, why wouldn't I try to get the card for that pricing when they clearly were honoring it for many others?

Also, don't put your random thoughts out there as everyone else's, I was annoyed due to the stealth cancel and no explanation of why, so yes, I would have bought less from them. It sounds like you're mainly bitter that you didn't get the opportunity, to me. It's honestly got nothing to do with morality here, it's a business transaction where they are offering it to us. I said nothing to them about "canceling my account" or "not buying from them", I simply told them I was dissatisfied with how they had handled the situation and made that very clear.

see that's the issue...it's not the deal that you guys got...it's the fact you felt entitled to a pricing mistake...you admit that you would have bought less from them in the future because of a pricing error and them not giving you a free replacement upgrade?...seriously?...the fact that you didn't get a cancellation e-mail is a flimsy excuse...you can easily go into your Amazon account to look at the Order Status and see your cancelled order (I always do that with any online order until the item actually ships and then until I receive it)...you wanted an explanation of why lol?...it would be obvious why it was cancelled (hello pricing error!)...you got over on them...nothing wrong with that but at least admit that you did and not try and justify why you are in the right for demanding a free replacement on a mistake by a retailer

Last edited:

I didnt tell them Id cancel or buy less. I told him that I knew people who were given the substitution and I asked them if they would do the same for me. They said no problem. Not sure whats wrong with that?

Maybe upset you didnt get in on the deal :D I was good with the automatic $25 credit but then people were getting them filled with anothe rproduct. If Amazon is going to allow it, how is it cheating them? Seriously poor logic there.

I didnt tell them Id cancel or buy less. I told him that I knew people who were given the substitution and I asked them if they would do the same for me. They said no problem. Not sure whats wrong with that?

Maybe upset you didnt get in on the deal :D I was good with the automatic $25 credit but then people were getting them filled with anothe rproduct. If Amazon is going to allow it, how is it cheating them? Seriously poor logic there.

Simple answer: he's jealous. Long answer: He's bitter at something in his day/week/month/life or some other event, and even if he didn't want in on the deal, he saw an "opportunity" to rant and roundabout troll regarding it to relieve himself.

see that's the issue...it's not the deal that you guys got...it's the fact you felt entitled to a pricing mistake...you admit that you would have bought less from them in the future because of a pricing error and them not giving you a free replacement upgrade?...seriously?...

Actually that had nothing to do with it. I had no concept that I would even think of trying to get the deal after they cancelled, until A) they sent no email which is common practice to do if it's an error, and B) people reported being given it. So yes, if I hadn't gotten it then it would have left a bitter taste in my mouth with the uneven treatment.

Actually that had nothing to do with it. I had no concept that I would even think of trying to get the deal after they cancelled, until A) they sent no email which is common practice to do if it's an error, and B) people reported being given it. So yes, if I hadn't gotten it then it would have left a bitter taste in my mouth with the uneven treatment.

so you would have bought less from Amazon in the future because others got a better free/replacement deal then you?...OK...so you check your e-mail frequently for order cancellations but you don't check the retailer's website for Order Status?...OK

so you would have bought less from Amazon in the future because others got a better free/replacement deal then you?...OK...so you check your e-mail frequently for order cancellations but you don't check the retailer's website for Order Status?...OK

Technically, the order simply disappeared from your order list on their site. You'd have to manually dig up the order number if you still had your original email to see what happened.

Its pretty much assumed this day in age that if you order from a reputable site that if there is an issue, an email will be sent regarding that issue. If theres no issue, your order will go through and be shipped as per the order.

Its pretty much assumed this day in age that if you order from a reputable site that if there is an issue, an email will be sent regarding that issue. If theres no issue, your order will go through and be shipped as per the order.

again you're not addressing the issue directly and detailing semantics to make your point...do you not check your Order Status through any other means???

So if an ice cream vendor told the guy in front of you in line he could have two ice cream cones for a dollar, then asked you for two dollars for one cone... you wouldn't care? Ok... so yes, I check my email pretty often, I use it for many things as do most people in this day and age. I do not check my order status on the numerous places I order from constantly, since emails usually are sent when the status changes. My email is a central place for communication. Are you really pretending to not understand that in the year 2013?

So if an ice cream vendor told the guy in front of you in line he could have two ice cream cones for a dollar, then asked you for two dollars for one cone... you wouldn't care? Ok... so yes, I check my email pretty often, I use it for many things as do most people in this day and age. I do not check my order status on the numerous places I order from constantly, since emails usually are sent when the status changes. My email is a central place for communication. Are you really pretending to not understand that in the year 2013?

I don't know why you just don't admit that you conned them into getting a good deal...it worked...you're not going to get arrested...no need for flimsy 'I didn't receive an e-mail cancellation and I am outraged' silliness or 'I demand an explanation from Amazon on why my item which was mispriced was not shipped'...how dare they!...you pulled one over on them...good for you and all others but don't pretend it's something that it's not

I don't know why you just don't admit that you conned them into getting a good deal...it worked...you're not going to get arrested...no need for flimsy 'I didn't receive an e-mail cancellation and I am outraged' silliness or 'I demand an explanation from Amazon on why my item which was mispriced was not shipped'...how dare they!...you pulled one over on them...good for you and all others but don't pretend it's something that it's not

+1

The only people who really deserved a price match were the few if any people who were actually browsing for a new GPU and stumbled upon what they thought was nothing but a good deal. No one else. No one who followed the OP link, SD link, etc.. should feel entitled to anything. Consider yourself con artists.

Yes, clearly I'm a con artist for being offered, not requesting, a substitute (and and upgraded one at that). There isn't a person on this forum that would turn down a $360 GTX 780. Anyone claiming otherwise is lying out their ass.

Wait, so I somehow tricked them into offering me an item at a price? AMAZING! I wish I had such powers of control and trickery as you believe I do, to force them into doing so unwittingly and write me an apology email regarding how the customer service had handled the issue!

Yes, clearly I'm a con artist for being offered, not requesting, a substitute (and and upgraded one at that). There isn't a person on this forum that would turn down a $360 GTX 780. Anyone claiming otherwise is lying out their ass.

File truth.dat received, parsing.... truth.dat == true.

+1

The only people who really deserved a price match were the few if any people who were actually browsing for a new GPU and stumbled upon what they thought was nothing but a good deal. No one else. No one who followed the OP link, SD link, etc.. should feel entitled to anything. Consider yourself con artists.

I actually found it on my own an hour+ before it ever showed up on SD etc., bud. You know what they say when you ASSume.

polonyc, would you like to buy a video card? Ill give you a deal for $450 shipped! :D Help ease the pain.

polonyc, would you like to buy a video card? Ill give you a deal for $450 shipped! :D Help ease the pain.

I plan on waiting until the 290 (non-x) reviews are up tomorrow plus Mantle benchmarks before making a purchase decision...the $360 780 card in this thread is a steal so I'm glad I missed it

careful doz, Amazon might have sent you a used card for that price...they probably went through their inventory and told all the warehouses to send the 780-mistake-pricing customers the bad batch :D

And to speak on checking order status, I generally dont for Amazon. They are always so good at filling my orders that I dont have to worry about it.

Picked up a back plate and fancy EVGA SLI bridge off Amazon. My "cheap" card isn't so cheap anymore!

Did Amazon owe everyone a price adjustment? No. They owed us absolutely nothing. But do they owe us equal and fair treatment? You're god damn right.

Received my card this afternoon. Swapped out the 660ti in my HTPC for this guy. :)

This should get me through "next gen" for a while. Was able to max out Far Cry 3 and BF4 easily. The reference cooler is excellent so far. With the size of the Fractal 605, and how it sits in my entertainment center, it is not super efficient at expelling heat, especially when the card dumps it into the case. Now that I can exhaust it, everything runs much cooler.

vqpy.jpg

bkd0.jpg

I got my 780 today. I chose the one with the reference cooler. I did have to chat with a rep on Saturday. At first he refused to adjust the price for me, but I eventually said I could afford the order I originally made but I could not afford a different model and he let me have it.

I really like the card so far. Because of the cooler it's a lot smaller than my Sapphire 7970 with the Vapor-X cooler. It fits in my case way better.

I talked to a rep today and sh said she couldnt price match it for another one, but when it comes in stock next week she said they will sell it to me for the same price and I get free 1 day shipping.

My cards shipped out today! They will be here tomorrow :D

Total cost? $698 for 2 cards :D Take that R290!

Got my Classy in today. HOLY SHIT this thing is huge! Sexy as hell though....almost makes me wish I had a window on my case again lol.

If you had any reading comprehension skills, you would see I thought you were entitled to the [incorrect] price..

Read before you assume.

Then again, you are GoldenTiger.. attention whore and troll.

Except you very strongly acted like no one could have found it prior to deal sites posting it :rolleyes: . And you call me a troll? (insert ROFLMAO smiley here) Maybe learn to understand what you're even writing before trying to flamebait. Then again, you are 45454asasa, some random guy trying to bait for attention.

Quick play with one of the EVGA GTX780 FTW cards netted me a 1254mhz clock. Played for about 20 minutes of BF4 no crash! Didnt want to push it as I had accumulated some points :D

It is louder (the ACX cooler) than the DCu2 cooler by far, but the EVGA is already clocking better. The DCu2 would crash instantly above 1228mhz.

Received my card this afternoon. Swapped out the 660ti in my HTPC for this guy. :)

This should get me through "next gen" for a while. Was able to max out Far Cry 3 and BF4 easily. The reference cooler is excellent so far. With the size of the Fractal 605, and how it sits in my entertainment center, it is not super efficient at expelling heat, especially when the card dumps it into the case. Now that I can exhaust it, everything runs much cooler.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5062/vqpy.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2605/bkd0.jpg

jesus 780's are sexy looking cards. though if it were in my case i'd turn off the LED lighting, assuming you can. congrats on the new card man.

Quick play with one of the EVGA GTX780 FTW cards netted me a 1254mhz clock. Played for about 20 minutes of BF4 no crash! Didnt want to push it as I had accumulated some points :D

It is louder (the ACX cooler) than the DCu2 cooler by far, but the EVGA is already clocking better. The DCu2 would crash instantly above 1228mhz.

I find the ACX to be quieter than the dcii on my 680. Perhaps Asus improved the design a bit for the 700 cards. It could also be the fact that my Classified's ACX is a little different to fit the custom PCB.

Absolutely loving the card though. Just completely fooling around I got it up to 1292mhz (seemed stable in game, I'd have to test it more though). I think I'm going to run it stock for now until I get my new monitor for Xmas. It's already extreme overkill for my 1080p monitor out of the box.

Just got mine today

9fz.png

And man, these cards run super quiet... I had a single 290x before getting these and it was MUCH louder just by itself.

Mine came in yesterday, popped it up to 1228mhz core and 6850mhz mem and have logged around 12 hours of gaming in BF4 and another game (an upcoming major MMO launching next year) + half an hour of testing Far Cry 3 (which tends to be a notorious one for sussing out OC instability with Keplers) + a bunch of runs through the Tomb Raider benchmark (another one that seems to artifact or crash readily on an unstable OC). Honestly it runs really cool/quiet at these speeds and obscenely well on the eye candy for 2560x1440 110hz. BF4 runs a mix of ultra/high settings at 80-120fps (usually 95+), quite happy with it.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I'd be willing to pay $420 shipped for the card.

Sorry Champ, just sold mine for $400 :( Wasnt trying to molest anyone too bad.

I'd actually prefer $400 (what I wanted to put originally) but after the last 680 deal people forget that H is about helping one another not flipping it for near regular price. :c

But good for you for being reasonable. :)

Back