Days Gone

Yes.
The best? No. But it's fun, worth picking up, especially if you liked the Mad Max game.
It's Mad Max with a motorcycle instead of a car, and the zombies from Will Smith's I Am Legend.

I played it on PS4, I enjoyed the gameplay and story, but one playthrough was enough for me. It's easy to catch everything in one playthrough, the only real difficult part might be clearing out the hoards, which consists of 2-3 required missions and the rest are optional objectives for an achievement. Clearing hoards is actually fun if you're good at strategizing, because you can scope out the area, setup traps and lead them through choke points to knock them down.

Days Gone– Features Trailer | PC

PC features include ultra-wide monitor support, unlocked framerates and improved graphics...coming to PC on May 18, 2021...

Looks pretty damn good/cool. Not my favorite game in the world, but there's a lot to see and do. The graphical updates in the trailers look noticeable, too. The PS5 update for the game already looks fantastic and runs at a stead 60fps, so a gaming PC should be able to mimic that level of performance.

I'm not sure why this got very average reviews on PS4 as it looks pretty good...this has a Red Dead Redemption with zombies feel to it combined with a bit of Last of Us...are there really 500 zombies on screen at once?

I'm not sure why this got very average reviews on PS4 as it looks pretty good...this has a Red Dead Redemption with zombies feel to it combined with a bit of Last of Us...are there really 500 zombies on screen at once?

Yes.

The game is fun, my biggest gripe was the controls were a bit clunky at first. I got used to them though, and really enjoyed the game after that.
The story was decent, and the human enemies were varied enough. My favorite part was the later half, when you go to the Mad Max styled section of the game.

It's really repetitious and tedious at times. I feel like it's a 7 to a 7.5 / 10 as a result. It's very much a mashup of RDR2 and TLoU, but not as good as either.
I don't think there are ever 500 zombies onscreen at once (maybe 200?), but there are definitely very, very large groups of them. Those usually have between 75-150 zombies, although I think you see larger groups of them from a distance on a couple occasions.

It's decent, but not great, filling up your bike with gas all the time get's tedious fast, you can barely make it to the end of the road with a full tank.

The story felt a bit forced, the gameplay is a bit wonky as stated by others, cleared places get repopulated once you leave the area, it could have been better if they executed it a bit better.

I'm not super far in though, got fed up with one of the boss fights, nothing to ruin a openworld ish game with silly bossfights

Don't post anything about Epic having preorders and not the Steam version =)​

I wanted the Steam version but I didn't see anything about it be listed there.

it's available for pre-order on Steam...the link is in the first post

I completed this game on the PS5 and the improved FPS made a huge difference. I recommend picking this up if you've never played it.

I completed this game on the PS5 and the improved FPS made a huge difference. I recommend picking this up if you've never played it.
I’m definitely picking this up for PC. Looks like a fun game. Sony exclusives don’t ever seem to disappoint me and the fact that some are coming to PC is all the better.

I played the beginning of this on the PS5 since it was free on PS+. It seems fun. I'd probably buy it if it was on GoG day 1 but at the moment I will pass on it for now and either wait for a GoG version to show or a real steep discount before I buy.

Looking good. But so did Horizon before release and that launched with a plethora of issues (that are now fixed). Hopefully they learned from that release with this one.

It sucks there is no Raytracing or DLSS support. 😭 You think Bend studio will add it later 😭😭😭? "sniffles sniffles"

Gameplay looks ok but loot and the world would drive me nuts. Fights a guy who has an axe but doesn't appear you can search those guys for loot or take the axe. You can open the cars to shut off the alarms, but nothing worth looting.

Gameplay looks ok but loot and the world would drive me nuts. Fights a guy who has an axe but doesn't appear you can search those guys for loot or take the axe. You can open the cars to shut off the alarms, but nothing worth looting.
If I remember correctly, you can loot better weapons from enemies, but there's not a huge variety. Pretty sure I looted a nice melee weapon before I was able to craft it and then you keep loot scrap from vehicles so you can maintain your melee weapon.

I'm considering it. Because Deathloop was pushed back, seemingly Far Cry 6 and FF7 Remake is nowhere to be seen on PC there isn't much I want to get right now. This does look generic but kind of playable. Graphics look nowhere near as good as Horizon Zero Dawn. Looks like it is a long game at 50+ hours. Might be too long for its own good seeing how average it is.

I'm considering it. Because Deathloop was pushed back, seemingly Far Cry 6 and FF7 Remake is nowhere to be seen on PC there isn't much I want to get right now. This does look generic but kind of playable. Graphics look nowhere near as good as Horizon Zero Dawn. Looks like it is a long game at 50+ hours. Might be too long for its own good seeing how average it is.
It’s sorta predictable, generic and there’s a lot of cliches, but the gameplay is pretty solid — fun enough to forgive the former. I enjoyed the playthrough I did on PS4. Not as enthused about multiple playthroughs, I recommend doing absolutely as much as you can first time through. I got tired of hearing “Boozer,” or “Booze man” after the 500th time, can’t imagine stomaching dialogue like that all over again.

It's definitely a 1 and done game. You can do basically everything in one pass and it's a huge game. There is minimal motivation to play it a second time, but there were a few cool/unique missions that you only experience once.
It's one of those games that gets easier the further you get, too. You're basically fighting the same enemies at the end that you were facing at the beginning - but all your gear and stats = way better. It's relatively challenging early. By the time you find the 3rd camp you're borderline invincible outside of a horde. Plus, the further you get the more repetitious things start to feel. I wish the game was about 20% shorter, but there were more story missions and fewer "rescue this person" or "burn these nests" missions.

I want to play this but not at $50...too many other games to fill the time until the price drops under $30...Biomutant looks like it might be worth full price

Only $41 on GMG, but I agree. There is so much shit right now.

I'll probably give it a game even though it sounds pretty forgettable. Not too much else I have interest in at the moment. There is Watch Dogs Legion but that looks even more bland. Hopefully the launch will be more smooth that HZD.

This is one of the few PS exclusives that didn't do much for me even after trying it again on PS5 with the 4K/60 patch. It just seemed like a grindy open world zombie game to me and the story on it didn't grab me. I keep meaning to go back to it at some point to get more than a couple hours into it to see if it gets better, but another game keeps coming along to distract me from it. I'd say at most this would be worth $30 to play through if you like these types of games though, esp. considering it has been on sale for much less than that on PSN or even free on PS+ I think. I guess Sony is really trying to cash in on the PC ports since they haven't really discounted them much so far, like Horizon ZD was literally free to PS owners for the last few weeks (no PS+ needed even) and yet I haven't seen it go on sale for less than $40 or so on Steam, I think.

Days Gone PC Review "Buy, Wait For Sale, Never Touch?"

Verdict: Wait for Sale...

The graphics look really good. The additional detailed foliage and view distance are a solid bump up from the PS5 patched version. Trick is, the PS5 version was basically bulletproof outside of weird audio overlap bugs. The issues in the ACG video make it sound a little like the launch version of Horizon. Hopefully they can get everything cleaned up quickly, because Days Gone isn't as good of a game as Horizon is.

I will say, watching a 4k PC stream with max settings, the game looks fantastic.

5 17% off coupons for GMG if you don't have a gold account already.
#R50534-AVM84Z-M1NUBK
#R50534-5TJNG8-IFWK05
#R50534-T26OQP-YPN87I
#R50534-FK7X8A-HWNEA0
#R50534-IBOH72-ORE8LL

The graphics look really good. The additional detailed foliage and view distance are a solid bump up from the PS5 patched version. Trick is, the PS5 version was basically bulletproof outside of weird audio overlap bugs. The issues in the ACG video make it sound a little like the launch version of Horizon. Hopefully they can get everything cleaned up quickly, because Days Gone isn't as good of a game as Horizon is.
If there's one thing I've learned about console to PC ports, it's that Unreal Engine-based ones will ALWAYS have stuttering issues, to a varying degree of severity, especially with unlocked framerates.

I was looking at it on steam, I wanted to play it but yeah, its $50 and im right in the middle of Mass Effect Legendary edition and I havent touch Resident Evil Village since ME Legendary came out..........

Days Gone Review

Days Gone is a fun post-apocalyptic road trip simulator, but the things it does well are ultimately overwhelmed by the dreary story, repetitive missions, sluggish controls, and lifeless world

the PC version is pretty good...with an RTX 2080 Super and an i7-9700K, I was able to play in 1440p at max settings with a completely stable frame rate—even with hundreds of freakers filling the screen...I had to knock a few settings down for a smooth experience in 4K, but nothing that majorly affected the quality of the image...it is, however, missing a few things we've come to expect from modern PC games—namely DLSS and raytracing...it's a pretty game, but it won't make a high-end graphics card sweat...

https://www.pcgamer.com/days-gone-review/

I played up to Copelands camp and, while cut scenes seem to have some odd pacing/hitching issues, gameplay is 100% smooth. I have everything cranked (i7-9700K + RTX 3090) @ 1440p and I've set the refresh rate to 120Hz. Haven't had any control issues, but I'm also using a PS4 gamepad. The native PS4 pad support is very nice.

Sounds like other video reviewers are having smoother experiences than ACG did.

Yeah, it's running great @ 4k w/ max settings at around 60FPS on my 2080ti. No hitching. Occasional framerate drops in certain sections, but not that far under the 60FPS average. Runs surprisingly well for what it is.

The graphics look really good.

I haven't played it yet but honestly it looks fairly outdated. Like a 5-6 year old. Which is fine because it is a port of a 2 year old PS4 game. HZD looked far better in the videos/screens I saw and ended up looking great on PC.

Suppose I'll see for myself eventually.

Yeah, it's running great @ 4k w/ max settings at around 60FPS on my 2080ti. No hitching. Occasional framerate drops in certain sections, but not that far under the 60FPS average. Runs surprisingly well for what it is.

Going to play this next, excited for the PC release. Glad to hear it runs well on your rig. I got a PS5 a couple weeks ago finishing up Ghost of Tsushima but I wanted this game specifically for PC since it's more shooting focused.

Been playing it about an hour. Like it so far. Rig in sig is getting some massive framerate fluctuations at 1440 ultra. Going from 70+ to 30s and back in certain areas. Updating drivers now, seems the newest ones have support for it and see if it helps.

Back