Glad to hear it's running well on PS5, as performance was an issue even on PS4 Pro. Been wanting to give this a try.One more update on this game as I think I'm approaching the end portions of the game.
Anyway, it's pretty decent for a game I got for free. If you have a PS5, you should give it a go and see what you think.
- Performance is pretty fantastic. No slowdowns, hiccups, or framerate drops occur even with hundreds of zombies onscreen at once. It's a solid 60fps all of the time.
- The game world is pretty good. It looks and feels like rural Oregon, and the devs definitely added some nice details along the way.
- The game is pretty repetitious. You end up doing the same 4 mission types over and over again. They aren't bad, but the flow of the game becomes very predictable.
- It's one of those games where difficulty decreases as you go further. Same enemies, but you have better weapons, more health, more gear, more abilities, etc.
- Killing normal enemies doesn't serve much purpose beyond going for achievements. You get everything you need just playing normally and the extra stuff you get for grinding isn't necessarily better. If things go awry, you're better off reloading rather than toughing it out.
- It's hard not to compare it to The Last of Us 2. There are a LOT of similarities and other than the open world, this game loses on most fronts. It's not bad, but it's simply not as good. Not the story, characters, acting, combat, or much else. It's even technically smaller even if the open map deceives you.