DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Personally not a fan of the "tribal" font, I prefer the more subtle/minimalistic options. The top one you posted in 795 is the best so far imo.

Apart from looking really good the EVA font really goes with the lines of the case as well with its rounded square edges. From a pure design perspective I'd say that's a win.

There are lots of different stylized fonts that that can look very good in specific settings, but when it's supposed to go on every A4, I would pick one that goes with the actual case.

AS for thicker lines, like JoeOnePack mention, It would make it pop more. Also if you are considering using other colors than black, there won't be as much contrast between the logo and the case, and it wil probably need to be thicker to show up properly. Actually that might be a good argument for keeping the font as simple as possible too.

I'm in for the EVA font style with 1.5-2.0x thicker lines. As Urulere said, it really goes with the case lines.

My vote is for Eurostile Bold Extended, but my vote will always be for Eurostile Bold Extended..

Apart from looking really good the EVA font really goes with the lines of the case as well with its rounded square edges. From a pure design perspective I'd say that's a win.

There are lots of different stylized fonts that that can look very good in specific settings, but when it's supposed to go on every A4, I would pick one that goes with the actual case.
Exactly, EVA would be my choice for that exact reason. The tribalistic font doesn't really match the curved modern/look of the case IMO, that kind of font would look more in place for a more gamer-oriented case.

Ok guys :) i will add two rendered pictures of the eva later. So you can see how it will look like.

Other than the case badge, what else needs to be finalized before a production run?

I would like to know that, too. The A4 already has a working prototype, but dondan said the SFX one would be easier to produce.

Quote from the first post:

"The case is nearing completion in the design part of things, and I am looking to launch a kickstarter soon."

I think he would like to have everything sorted before doing that.

Other than the case badge, what else needs to be finalized before a production run?

The first prototype wasnt build by LianLi so before i produce a case with them i need a prototyp from LianLi to see the quality of it. Also the layout changed and nothing is same as before with the A4default, so i have to check if everythings work fine in the new prototyp. This means temperatures, vibrations, hardwarecompatibility and stability. I think the crowdfunding campaign is realistic in april or mai for the final product if everything works fine and i have no problems with the new prototyp. I have the aim togive you a perfect product with no issues with it. And i am a one man team that do this project besides my normal work. But i gove my best to make it real :)

Update: Here is the rendered picture of the eva-font. Maybe i will change the thickness of the lines as mentioned.

(Click for 4K)

Last edited:
I have a fully built M1 and I would still heavily consider buying this, looks very nice! Great job

Honestly I kept out of this discussion because I didn't like any of the previous fonts, but the new one is really good.

Thanks :) ok then i go with eva, it is also the favorite in the german forums. And what do you think still as sticker or milled?

Thanks :) ok then i go with eva, it is also the favorite in the german forums. And what do you think still as sticker or milled?

If the sticker comes unattached with the case it could be awesome. It gives the people the choice if they want the logo present or positioned otherwise. Personally I find the latest font really slick and classy!

^ I was just thinking something along these lines. I think that using a sticker instead of permanently milling the logo on is a very smart idea, as you are going to get the interest of people who are very picky about visual details with this case. You could ship the case out with one sticker applied and a second in the box to let people choose a different location (if it is not too expensive to do so).

Great job on this, Dan! I have been lurking this thread for a long time. I started thinking about building a gaming PC a while ago, but I am definitely going to wait until the A4 is available; it is just perfect for my needs.

Dondan,

Outstanding this last one. I confess that, from previous iterations regarding fonts, the first image that come out from my head was the movie AVP (that's right, alien vs predator)!!!

(Click for 4K)[/QUOTE]

Eva... They should now name it Dan. Could not be a better match, really. People will start throwing money on their screens.

Its official... Run the production! The font looks like it is meant to be.

Whats left to do now?

The first prototype wasnt build by LianLi so before i produce a case with them i need a prototyp from LianLi to see the quality of it. Also the layout changed and nothing is same as before with the A4default, so i have to check if everythings work fine in the new prototyp. This means temperatures, vibrations, hardwarecompatibility and stability. I think the crowdfunding campaign is realistic in april or mai for the final product if everything works fine and i have no problems with the new prototyp. I have the aim togive you a perfect product with no issues with it. And i am a one man team that do this project besides my normal work. But i gove my best to make it real :)

Here is your answer :)

Excellent.

I've raised my concern about noise/sound performance vs cooling performance (there will always be a tradeoff) in the past.

I'm most interested in that ratio in comparison to other SFF and full cases. That ratio is hard to test and quantify but it's the metic that matters to me.

For example, to cool a stock 4690 CPU to 35C idle, case A will perform at X dB and case B will perform at Y dB. Then also compare them again under full GPU load and full CPU load.

It appears every single minimal size and SFF case will perform worse than ATX cases and this should not surprise anyone.

It appears every single minimal size and SFF case will perform worse than ATX cases and this should not surprise anyone.
The limiting factor in SFF cases nowadays is the PSU. You basically get two models to choose from (even if branded differently) and neither of them is above criticism.

So the A4 will largely be as quiet as the SFF PSU permits. Though under load conditions the small size of the CPU heatsink might show.

The limiting factor in SFF cases nowadays is the PSU. You basically get two models to choose from (even if branded differently) and neither of them is above criticism.

So the A4 will largely be as quiet as the SFF PSU permits. Though under load conditions the small size of the CPU heatsink might show.

It's not just the PSU. As I said in my example, the difference is how loud a small system gets (RPM on various fans) to achieve the same level of cooling as a case with better airflow, larger fans etc. Perhaps under gaming, case fans need to spin much faster in order to keep the GPU and CPU cooler and not so loud.

But this is all compounded by how close the case is to you and whether anything is blocking the way - such as a solid side case panel vs side panel with holes.
The PSU is only one part of it.

No, it will be crowdfunded like the M1
I don't understand, then there'll be two crowdfunded campaigns, one for the prototype and one for the final product (in may)?

I think the crowdfunding campaign is realistic in april or mai for the final product if everything works fine and i have no problems with the new prototyp

Yup, this font is something else entirely. Much, much, much better.

I don't understand, then there'll be two crowdfunded campaigns, one for the prototype and one for the final product (in may)?

In theory there will be two, but as you can see dondan might pay for the prototype himself.

Back