DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

I emailed Cryorig regarding to the OOS status of the C7 and they responsed that they have no plan to bring it back to US market anymore. What is an alternertive option?
So will they not release that prebuilt cylinder case in the US that comes with a C7? Are they not aware of the demand for the C7? At the very least Cryorig appears to be aware that the C7 performs well in the A4-SFX as per their tweet.

Interestingly I came across recent review where the C7 was paired with a 6700K and overclocked to 4.2ghz at 1.25V. In an open case environment with a room temperature of 23c, the max temp after an hour of prime95 was 81c, and 59c in PCMark 8. The reviewers pointed out that at this tested voltage a lot of 6700Ks should reach 4.5 or 4.6ghz.
CRYORIG R1 Universal Cooler Review - Page 3 of 4 - FunkyKit

Looking at the pic of the 55mm tall Kinetic cooler prototype, excluding the protruding heat pipes, like Pantera mentioned, the cooler appears to be 47mm tall assuming that the scale of the pic is correct. If we could get a special order with the heat pipes not protruding more than a couple mm this will probably fit in the A4-SFX. Considering the size of the heat sink in comparison to the C7 (the fan is part of the heatsink!), perhaps it would allow to push skylake and similar processors to >=1.35V allowing for a decent OC. Altough this may just be wishful thinking as the cooler may not deliver.
hardforum.com/attachments/coolchip-png.4947/

Last edited:
Currently I focus on the A4-SFX after that I will focus on a next project.

Cool. I'm curious what your next project is? I'm curious if you're as full of awesome ideas like the A4 as I imagine.

what we need is a 240 class radiator with a custom designed shroud to replace the top panel....

Yes!! (っˆڡˆς)

That would be wider than the case.

10 - 15mm maybe? In my opinion, that's not too bad but I can see how some people would not be okay with it

Last edited:
I ask you, what the hell is with the infatuation to ruin this case with water-cooling-induced increase in volume?

In gaming, it makes no difference whether your CPU is running 60 or 70 degrees. You might gain a frame or two — That's all. GPUs are still the bottleneck and the A4-SFX can accommodate only one (1). So why ruin the concept of the smallest case possible while still using high-end standardized components? Sure, it's nice to have things running cool but it's not worth it while keeping the purpose of this case in mind. In short, your infinitely tacky radiator top panel ideas make me sick.

it makes no difference whether your CPU is running 60 or 70 degrees.

I thought hotter temperatures decreased lifespan?

GPUs are still the bottleneck and the A4-SFX can accommodate only one (1).

There is a thread I saw on this one earlier about bifurcation, but it's definitely not for everyone.

We're not trying to ruin the concept of the smallest case possible, rather create a new concept of the smallest water cooled case possible. You have every right however to not like this and I agree it is pretty tacky.

So will they not release that prebuilt cylinder case in the US that comes with a C7? Are they not aware of the demand for the C7? At the very least Cryorig appears to be aware that the C7 performs well in the A4-SFX as per their tweet.

Interestingly I came across recent review where the C7 was paired with a 6700K and overclocked to 4.2ghz at 1.25V. In an open case environment with a room temperature of 23c, the max temp after an hour of prime95 was 81c, and 59c in PCMark 8. The reviewers pointed out that at this tested voltage a lot of 6700Ks should reach 4.5 or 4.6ghz.
CRYORIG R1 Universal Cooler Review - Page 3 of 4 - FunkyKit

Looking at the pic of the 55mm tall Kinetic cooler prototype, excluding the protruding heat pipes, like Pantera mentioned, the cooler appears to be 47mm tall assuming that the scale of the pic is correct. If we could get a special order with the heat pipes not protruding more than a couple mm this will probably fit in the A4-SFX. Considering the size of the heat sink in comparison to the C7 (the fan is part of the heatsink!), perhaps it would allow to push skylake and similar processors to >=1.35V allowing for a decent OC. Altough this may just be wishful thinking as the cooler may not deliver.

(Future) Proud owner of a A4 Dan case. Maybe cryorig is waiting for the AM4 platform to come out and lanch the same product, but with compatibility for it !!????

I ask you, what the hell is with the infatuation to ruin this case with water-cooling-induced increase in volume?

In gaming, it makes no difference whether your CPU is running 60 or 70 degrees. You might gain a frame or two — That's all. GPUs are still the bottleneck and the A4-SFX can accommodate only one (1). So why ruin the concept of the smallest case possible while still using high-end standardized components? Sure, it's nice to have things running cool but it's not worth it while keeping the purpose of this case in mind. In short, your infinitely tacky radiator top panel ideas make me sick.

it's more about the fact that you can, not need.

Too bad about the C7. What are other folks planning on doing as an alternative? Noctua?

Might as well get a Thermolab LP53 and get a thin fan cooler.

Based on my measurements that still leaves you with a nice gap between the fan and the side panel (5~6mm, can't recall exactly). C7 was the best because it left a 1mm gap.

I may just import a C7. We'll see what happens this autumn.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
ThermoLab LP53 performed the best out of all the cpu coolers in Dondan's test. The 5-6mm gap did not matter all that much.

I'm really surprised that Cryorig aren't planning to sell C7 in the US.
Might contact them to find out more detail next working day, since I live at their HQ Taiwan. :/

Just snagged one from outletpc. It's marked up but it seems to be the best cooler in terms of temps for this case.

Wow, I just bought an NCase, but this thing looks amazing!!! Should have held out a bit longer for a case.

I'm a one PC kind of a house. Maybe when the Dan Case is more readly available I might swap into that case.

I got it from Aamzson, It was 29.99 on the 25th of May when I ordered mine.
amazon-new-used.png

FeelsBadMan

So which CPU is recommended to use with the Dan A4? I was thinking the 6700, but I'm not sure which one to choose between 6700T, 6700 and 6700K.

I have a 4790K but that might get too hot.

Wasn't Dan looking into sourcing a custom CPU cooler made specifically for this case? I swear I remember reading something along those lines.

I will directly participate to this Kind of project.
That would be really great.

Wasn't Dan looking into sourcing a custom CPU cooler made specifically for this case? I swear I remember reading something along those lines.
Was that him talking about possibly of going to Coolchip to get a slightly shorter version of their 55mm tall Kinetic cooler (if the heat pipes do not protrude from the cooler by more than a couple mm it should fit)?

Was that him talking about possibly of going to Coolchip to get a slightly shorter version of their 55mm tall Kinetic cooler (if the heat pipes do not protrude from the cooler by more than a couple mm it should fit)?

From the dan-cases.com website…

CPU Coolers
Note: Some heatsinks will also fit if used with a thinner fan

• Max. height 48mm:
A couple of mm is 2, a few mm is 3 or more… You are looking at needing to trim off a minimum of 7mm…

From the dan-cases.com website…

CPU Coolers
Note: Some heatsinks will also fit if used with a thinner fan

• Max. height 48mm:
A couple of mm is 2, a few mm is 3 or more… You are looking at needing to trim off a minimum of 7mm…
Although I should have worded that differently, I didn't say slim it down by 2mm, but slim it down so it that the heat pipes are protruding no more than a couple mm. Judging from the pic, the cooler without the protruding heat pipes appears to be no taller than 47mm, hence why it would probably fit.

Man, just check Dondan's posts in his profile before speculating.
Those Cooltek coolers also hasn't been tried and proven and has no reviews. It'd be strange to think about getting them custom made at this point.

Hey! I just happen to notice that The WAN Show featured by LinusTechTips just noticed about DAN A4-SFX case.
Here's the video:

He's taking about it around 10:30, the review is coming soon with an update to his "Ultimate Compact Gaming PC".

Made me smile when he basically meant that it was a kickass case. Glad I chose this over the Ncase which I wanted to purchase for years ahha.

Linus Hype!!!!!!!!!! Best tech youtuber reviewing our case, yes! Did I say.... HYPE???!
at this point hype is either bit late or early. I mean i hear of A4 just now and really-really wanna get one, its going to take awhile. So If i was hypemaster, id have tried to make it during the kickstarter or much later when there will hopefully be the 2nd run.

...but as there is zero idea of the 2nd run, i played it safe and ordered myself two while i could ;)

---

ive been thinking a bit about the cooling options and atm feel like going for the cryorig c7 or noctua. Got to see whats available on the markets at the end of year. i actually have two LP53 in use atm, but i believe the stock fan was too thick and youd need to tinker a bit to attach some other fan? im not sure if wanna do that. also i felt that attaching the LP53 was real pain in the ass. sure its just 4 screws but as there is no backplate or anything you kinda have to do it upsidedown and cant tighten it all that much.

But i do have to say that cooltek has good customer service. one of the LP53 was making bit odd noises and they sent me new one really fast.

So which CPU is recommended to use with the Dan A4? I was thinking the 6700, but I'm not sure which one to choose between 6700T, 6700 and 6700K.

I have a 4790K but that might get too hot.

Depends on the cooler. You should be fine

Back