Cyberpunk 2077

I can’t believe that at 4K and with path tracing plus DLSS quality and frame gen, AMD is hovering at 80-85 fps whereas, Intel is at 120 fps. These results do not make sense to me at all.

I don't understand how a 13700K is generating 118 fps whereas, I can do max about 84 fps. Which setting is different. Very hard to spot from this image? Can you share your overall settings?
There is a bug (or used to be the case) where certain path tracing options don't get enabled if you swap out presets.
Are you running the benchmark at 4k? I ran it at 3440x1440.

Last edited:
It's my understanding that if path tracing is enabled, SSR is not used at all. Hence, the setting does nothing. (I think CDPR should grey it out).
Ahh, hmm I was mostly going off what DF said in their videos before where some reflection parts are still screen space but it would make sense when path tracing is on that no screen space takes effect - Whereas with PT off and RT on, screen space effects do play a part still. Maybe this is what I was hearing from their videos.

Last edited:
Ok, I've been seeing this thing since I started my new run through the game in the same spot on the screen, it only comes up on certain textures. Anyone know what this is? It flickers like a cursor in a text box.

whatisthis.jpg

Probably has something to do with DLSS denoising, as you can see it above the door handle at 11:30 in this digital foundry vid.

No its definitely not, its a very defined rectangle shape. It literally sits there and blinks at a steady pace like a cursor. Its like theres a window active on a layer behind the graphics almost. Very weird.

Any, it does it on both of my computers. No mods. Its something in the game, not an artifact. Its in the same exact spot every time it shows up.
Hmm, is it just that one little bit? It seems tiny really!

Also, CET and Native Settings UI mods have now been updated, so now you can install Simple Flashlight! I have my key bound to mouse button 4 (the forward button), since the F key is used by default in the game.

View: https://i.imgur.com/k9rBoJj.mp4

Can you see it if you screen record using GFE/RTSS/etc or is it only something you see in person?

It shows in recordings and screenshots. Its part of the game, not a graphics glitch with my card. I have it with both AMD and Nvidia cards. I'm just ignoring it for now.

On another note, for some reason the game thinks I'm hiding or crouched all the time now. If I walk past the cops they start shouting about "REVEAL YOURSELF" and stuff and go aggro. If I'm in a conversation they'll randomly stop their dialogue to go "hey, anyone there" etc. Very strange and buggy update. Also, I'm really enjoying ye olde Skyrim glitch where entering a room causes all the small objects to fly around in a frenzy.

I had the same glitch pop up. RX7800XT, so not DLSS related (no mods on my game).

Screenshot 2023-09-20 212131.png

Its' weird in that it stayed put, so it was not on the 'lense' of the viewer, but like a hole in the wall. It only lasted a few seconds, and I haven't seen it since (8 days ago, moderate game time since).

-bZj

very much enjoying my new playthrough on 2.0 + Phantom Liberty so far. i'm so glad they changed health items and grenades into cooldowns, it was SO needed. i think i might have even suggested this change way back in this thread somewhere. i still feel like they could have streamlined looting weapons and ammo as well but it's good enough. also the skill tree is definitely way better, with more of the perks giving instantly noticeable benefits or abilities that make you feel almost superhero-like. oh yeah, and the car combat is cool as fuck too. i love getting into shootouts with the po po and having firefights on the move.

graphically, i'm running 4k w/ DLSS performance, chromatic aberration and lens flare off, RT on but RT lighting off, all other settings maxed, and it runs alright on my 3080 ti (in the 60 fps range.) normally i would never use DLSS on lower than balanced, but they really seem to have optimized it a bunch such that i don't see THAT much difference between the settings, and the perf gains are large.

overall this is finally the game that we should've gotten at launch, even if it's not the amazing cyberpunk life simulator, bethesda style, that i hoped it would be way back when the hype was building.

Got home from vacation, pretty peeved over this update now that I sat down and messed around. Having to re-do the character traits sucks especially since i didn't know how it was setup before. I wish they had put something in place to help you figure that out. I feel like there are WAY less things I can unlock now as well because my stats or trait levels are all too low, even at level 50, to unlock more than like one tier of the trees on all but one of them.

I'm fine with the performance but I'm one of those 1080p people with a 4090 so its very nice natively with everything maxed out and no DLSS garbage needed. I can't really go any higher because monitors get bigger and after like 22/24" I get motion sick playing games. May have to get a nice high refresh rate one at some point though.

4090 1080p?

Utter madlad lol.

As for the stats bits, your old build is basically poitnless anyway because the entire skill tree, attributes and perks system has been overhauled so either way you're doing your build again, which is now better than before with meaningful specs based on the type of build you are going for.

And if you are using path tracing then the game looks significantly better in terms of lighting and shadowing, and you have to be using DLSS anyway as a result of the requirement for it using RT Overdrive.

At 1080p you are seriously restricting yourself to poor image quality and as a result the DLSS results are going to be poor due to the much smaller working internal resolution.

So it turned in dlss by turning on path rt? The settings dont nite that when i turned on path RT

If someone made a 22,23,24 4k monitor, id buy it

So it turned in dlss by turning on path rt? The settings dont nite that when i turned on path RT

If someone made a 22,23,24 4k monitor, id buy it
The Dell up2414q was a 4k 24" ips 60hz monitor I had a decade ago :p. Running at 1080p is seriously limiting your image quality and is horrible combined with a 4090 card. Get a 27-28" 4k 144hz panel and slide it back a bit on your desk. You'll be very happy you did!

The Dell up2414q was a 4k 24" ips 60hz monitor I had a decade ago :p.
Aw man, I had one of those too. Good times. Well, not good times... Displayport wasn't as capable then and that monitor was cursed in regard to actually being able to consistently recieve a 4K60 image. But when the GPU and monitor were playing nice, damn did it look mind-blowingly good for 2014.

Aw man, I had one of those too. Good times. Well, not good times... Displayport wasn't as capable then and that monitor was cursed in regard to actually being able to consistently recieve a 4K60 image. But when the GPU and monitor were playing nice, damn did it look mind-blowingly good for 2014.
I loved it, but yeah I got tired of the fiddling and went to an acer xb280hk later for gsync.

Hearing all tje changes i almost wish they had an option to play the old way.

I hate when games do this. I want to continue where i left off and not have to rebuild a character because you felt the games systems were bad.

Maybe someone will make a mod to put it back
You can download the legacy 1.63 version if you own it on GOG. It is an offline installer that can be found under extras.

You can download the legacy 1.63 version if you own it on GOG. It is an offline installer that can be found under extras.
You can also do this in Steam. Go to Properties of the game and then betas. You can enable the 1.6 patch there.

Up to 31% faster on Linux vs Windows

Flame suit on :D
Strange. At least in the first test, the GPU was being used less on Windows, suggesting something unrelated to the OS, but more to the game (or driver) itself.

-bZj

I picked up the Phantom Liberty pack and getting the RTX 3070 going and also A 770 16Gb, both need help getting to 60fps in 4K.

Last edited:
Well after waiting almost three years I've finally decided to play Cyberpunk. First thing I've noticed is raised blacks in HDR. Anyone have the simple answer for us OLED users on how to get those perfect HDR deep blacks in this game? There's a few menu options plus Windows Auto HDR to play around with. Yes I'm being lazy and I know Google is my friend but figured I'd ask here since a bunch of you are running OLED TV's.

Well after waiting almost three years I've finally decided to play Cyberpunk. First thing I've noticed is raised blacks in HDR. Anyone have the simple answer for us OLED users on how to get those perfect HDR deep blacks in this game? There's a few menu options plus Windows Auto HDR to play around with. Yes I'm being lazy and I know Google is my friend but figured I'd ask here since a bunch of you are running OLED TV's.

I don't think you can get it absolutely perfect.

Make sure you're using the not scRGB HDR option, and try lowering the tonemapping midpoint setting to like 1 instead of the default 2.

You should get pretty close to perfect black, but I don't think you can get all the way no matter what.

Simple answer: you don't get deep blacks. HDR was completely busted when the game came out 3 years ago, and it's still pretty terrible now. Lowering the tone mapping midpoint setting helps, but you'll never be able to get true black. Really disappointing, since this game would be a true HDR showcase if they implemented it properly.

Well, the driver 4826 that I was using on the Arc A 770 16Gb was a beta from TechPowerUp, Intel does not want me to use it! as to have already reinstall 4502 driver on my computer without asking when I walked away from the computer for about 15 minutes. when you sign on with Intel! you are only a test pig so follow orders!

So now I have to try the game again, watching back and sorry for that pause as I needed a pee break! so, I learned to leave vsync off with this TV, it can go down to 23.98Hz /24Hz/29.97Hz/30Hz/59.97Hz/60Hz and why the shutters with vsync on, it does not matter to the TV if the frame rate drops below 60fps as it will still look smooth at 42fps without vsnyc, as to be built with consoles in mind to look good at 30fps.

Installed the update, but as others noted I can carry less inventory now. Hate messing with my inventory but I suppose I will need to drop some equipment. Thankfully my save was in the apartment. Path tracing knocks a good 25 or so frame rates off over regular ray tracing at Ultra. Looks the same but I just looked in the apartment so far. I get up to 90 or so frame rates with DLSS Quality and Frame Gen with everything maxed out, minus path tracing and motion blur. With path tracing I drop to around 60-64.

Back