Cyberpunk 2077

Welp, after yet again, sincerely, more ADD levels of tinkering - I've decided to "settle" with just ray-traced reflections and local shadows (ray-traced lighting even at Medium gobbles up 10+ fps)

Also (heads up), the FSR FG mod caused my game to crash on multiple occasions, so F that noise.

But with everything set to High @ 1080p, DLSS @ Quality, and only RT reflections/local shadows.... I'm now in the "butter-zone" of a solid 90 fps.

.... It only took 3 years worth of patches and a CPU/GPU upgrade, but I'm finally content.

(I don't think I've messed around with a game this much, settings-wise since fiddling with Oblivion ini files over a decade ago)

Welp, after yet again, sincerely, more ADD levels of tinkering - I've decided to "settle" with just ray-traced reflections and local shadows (ray-traced lighting even at Medium gobbles up 10+ fps)

Also (heads up), the FSR FG mod caused my game to crash on multiple occasions, so F that noise.

But with everything set to High @ 1080p, DLSS @ Quality, and only RT reflections/local shadows.... I'm now in the "butter-zone" of a solid 90 fps.

.... It only took 3 years worth of patches and a CPU/GPU upgrade, but I'm finally content.

(I don't think I've messed around with a game this much, settings-wise since fiddling with Oblivion ini files over a decade ago)
This is why I hesitate to play cp again.
Fighting the graphics settings is just not something I'm up for with this game.

seconded- with a 3090 and less than 4K monitor, you can run ray tracing and everything with that dlss+FSR mod. And that's just drop in the .exe folder and run a script.

My V is now dressed to kill, quite literally lol.

1704895776010.jpeg

1705015820864.jpeg

Last edited:
My V is now dressed to kill, quite literally lol.

View attachment 626134

View attachment 626532
Nice pumps!

I finally finished PL with an ending I felt really fit well with my whole experience with the expansion. What a great game.. I mean really glad I waited for all the updates and to have the system to really play it in all it's glory... The ending I chose dropped me right back in the city so gonna keep working on gigs and side quests... there are a bunch of races I never did and some others... plus I can try for some more alternate endings too.. and do some more modding.. Good stuff!

Yeah my current playthrough (2nd time round) I'm already done with PL when it launched so am doing the gigs, races and side stuff on this with my current character build. I will shortly switch to a Sande build as have always been netrunner biased. Will be different for sure not being able to quickhack, but the upside is raw power and action which is also really cool now since 2.0+.

That and the sheer speed of driving with the new car mods is amazing in first person view:

View: https://i.imgur.com/ZuUcdnW.mp4

Yeah my current playthrough (2nd time round) I'm already done with PL when it launched so am doing the gigs, races and side stuff on this with my current character build. I will shortly switch to a Sande build as have always been netrunner biased. Will be different for sure not being able to quickhack, but the upside is raw power and action which is also really cool now since 2.0+.

That and the sheer speed of driving with the new car mods is amazing in first person view:

View: https://i.imgur.com/ZuUcdnW.mp4

I was all about my katana (and guns sometimes) and now want to try a netrunner. :)

I was all about my katana (and guns sometimes) and now want to try a netrunner. :)
It almost feels like cheating most of the time because you are so lethal at high levels as a netrunner, and every time your scanner is out you slow down time anyway so can effectively nethack your way through any battle if you're got buffed up RAM capacity and re-gen.

I'm on over 100 hours on this current playthrough (382 hours total since launch) so would be nice to do raw action without any netrunning.

Oh and for those that liked the pool table shot, colour co-ordination with my car :D

1705276884559.jpeg

Oh yeah, today this happened too lol:

View: https://i.imgur.com/RuwX6Z5.mp4

First time playing since release... It's still janky AF. I reach a traffic jam and accidentally bump into an AI car. Well that set off a ridiculous chain of events where the AI car decided to floor it and drive around in circles, colliding with nearly every car on the road. Eventually cars started exploding from the repeated impact of the car driving in a circle. Meanwhile there's a cop car just 2 lanes over not reacting at all. Until the AI car hits it in and then the cop starts shooting ME. WTF?

First time playing since release... It's still janky AF. I reach a traffic jam and accidentally bump into an AI car. Well that set off a ridiculous chain of events where the AI car decided to floor it and drive around in circles, colliding with nearly every car on the road. Eventually cars started exploding from the repeated impact of the car driving in a circle. Meanwhile there's a cop car just 2 lanes over not reacting at all. Until the AI car hits it in and then the cop starts shooting ME. WTF?

The open world really is the weakest part of the game. The simulation is still barely coherent. Which is still an improvement over launch.

It's fun roaring down the highway to the outskirts of the city, but the driving still isn't spectacular any way you slice it. It's just nice to turn your brain off for a few minutes when a good song comes on and you can forget everything is barely held together for a minute.

But all the main story beats are just exponentially higher quality than anything else in the game. I'm pretty confident it would have been a better game if it was more linear.

Honestly, I feel it's better to remember it's not GTA. Call one of you vehicles to prevent that weirdness (and I agree driving sucks), everything else is great to me.

There are easy to drag and drop mods that change the way traffic behaves and how alive the city feels. night City Alive being one such example of a mod that makes the experience dynamic and interesting.

I'm also using Nova LUT which can dramatically change the colour grading and exposure compensation of the rendering for the better. Did a comparison here:

https://imgsli.com/MjMzNTA5/0/2

As someone who played release night, I can confidently attest that the jank is 0.001% of what it was 3 years ago.. It's almost like a sequel at this point

I don't know... Here's a few examples in my 1 hour of play:

- Pedestrians randomly freak out, start screaming, and running for their lives despite nothing happening
- First firefight I get in one of the pedestrians just stands there, stares into space, and every 10 seconds yells out "she's crazy!"
- I started randomly following a car and the car came to a complete stop in the middle of a highway entrance ramp for no reason
- The out of control car driving in circles as I mentioned in my previous post

Nothing game breaking, but just a lot of oddities that remind me that this is in fact Cyberpunk.

Started this game recently. Game has come along way since release (new PC since also helped). Playing a melee focused playstyle and its been a fun time.

Played through phantom liberty with a level 50 character when it came out and it was really nice, but at the same time I didn't know too much about how the skill trees worked and impacted the game. Started another playthrough on patch 2.1 and game plays very different than pre 2.0 patch. Also a nice advantage to know which skill trees has the good stuff from my PL playthrough.

The combat feels a bit better and focus is more on ranged weapons than quick hacking as the quick hacking is less powerful than it used to be. Having dash and air dash makes combat far more dynamic and using a combo of different weapons while using dash to quickly adjust engagement range is a game changer. I've usually had a quick hacking build with decent combat ability and some stealth, but the 2.1 patch feels nudged more towards Rambo than Deus Ex. You can still play Deus Ex style, but you have slightly worse tools for that while all out combat is much easier.

Kind of mixed feelings about the leveling up tree as the jumps between the stuff you want to access is quite big. E.g. most trees need level 9 in them to get to the somewhat useful stuff and level 15 to get to the good stuff. So far I've just done a minimum of mainline missions to just level up my character to get to the good stuff that lets you change up how combat works, but it would have been nice if some stuff was accessible earlier, e.g. opening up stuff at level 8, 12 and 16 instead of 9 and 15.

Oh shoot, I never saw the Jackie tag. Kinda good, it would have broken me a bit. About to start another playthrough to do PL, which background jibes best to y'all? (I'm always torn Street/Corp).

Oh shoot, I never saw the Jackie tag. Kinda good, it would have broken me a bit. About to start another playthrough to do PL, which background jibes best to y'all? (I'm always torn Street/Corp).
The life path stuff doesn't really make much of a difference. The biggest difference is that first mission. They are all good.

Are the enemies harder in the expansion? Probably my only real negative remaining in its current state besides the still random glitches. Once you reach a certain stage in your build, you're damn near immortal and the game morphs into basically a fetch quest chain like FarCry.

Are the enemies harder in the expansion? Probably my only real negative remaining in its current state besides the still random glitches. Once you reach a certain stage in your build,
2.0 did massive rebalancing.
The skill trees are really different, their max level affect(s) are different. And mobs are tougher.

In general play, at a certain point if you can play the game with any ability, you still will be effectively immortal, but hopefully in a "best ever" Edgerunner sort of way and not because your toolbox is imbalanced.

A very basic one I can point out, is that Netrunning skills like Contagion can't just take out every enemy in an area. And it's no longer possible for Netrunners to just "see" every enemy through solid substances.

Conversely, it's still possible to be someone with edged weapons specializations, tank a bunch of damage, jump around everywhere and win. Still will have some trouble with enemies that have Sandevistan (especially if you do not) and dealing with power armor is trickier. Still all doable though in the world where you are the best Edgerunner that has ever lived.

The interactions between tools is also more balanced. Clothing armor is no longer a thing and now it's all dependent on cyberware. And there are cyberwares that can be used to maximize your uptime and prevent a good chunk of deaths from happening. In the very late game it's more than possible to stack cyberware and skills to be able to tank absurd amounts of damage. Still more than possible to die though especially at max difficulty, not playing well, and not using appropriate skills/cyberware (but admittedly pretty hard to do).

Probably more info than you wanted, but I think the main "challenge" with CP2077 combat is knowing how deep the box of tools goes and being able to use them all effectively and not necessarily whether or not you can simply go in guns blazing, no plan. If you want a tank, you can still have it if that's how you want to play. On each character play through I intentionally choose different play styles (even ones that I don't necessarily normally do or like) just to experience what that's like.

you're damn near immortal and the game morphs into basically a fetch quest chain like FarCry.
It definitely gets there near lvl 50 in CP2077 (level cap is 60 if you have PL expansion, 50 on vanilla).

Certainly depending on how much you like combat in games in general it can get to a place of feeling like it's something you have to do rather than being exciting like perhaps the early game is. But perhaps if you play playstyles you like then it feels like less of a chore: eg you stealth kill everyone without raising alarms because the challenge aspect is something you like even though it doesn't affect game/story whether you go in guns blazing or not.

Also in lore I actually think it makes sense that eventually the combat gets easy. In the sense that you are the best Edgerunner that has ever lived, greater than legends in the Afterlife. Eventually, infiltrating and killing everyone is just your daily life. Something you do easily and dispassionately. I really spent a lot of time thinking about that particular meta quality. That as I stopped caring about the "human toll" in the game, that V was more or less the same. Chasing after fame and money has made V a monster.

Last edited:
Choo CHoo MFers! lol

There's a mod called Vehicle Customiser that adds a menu to CET when centred on any car you own to allow you to cycle (and keep) any colourway it has available in the game. really quite neat. This combined with the Car Customisation Shop up north means you can customise the paint jobs and handling of any car in your garage.

And the GTA6 trailer caused people to go mad over the speckled paint on that green truck in the sun, well we've had speckled paint since 2020 in Cyberpunk:

View: https://i.imgur.com/0YMIHwX.mp4

I actually forgot how well modelled the stock cars are, too:

78PpAwu.jpg

Back