Cyberpunk 2077

Yep, 2.11 is out now. So far the only difference I've noticed is this super-annoying glitch effect in the inventory screens. I think it's supposed to be a transition effect that lasts a split second (I'd be ok with it lasting 0.25-0.5-ish seconds) but now I'm getting this for like 3-5 seconds every time I change anything in inventory.

That glitch effect isn't just a headache-inducing eye-sore, it's a major slow-down when trying to browse cosmetics in inventory. It's like something has slowed down the loading by a massive amount and now it's taking 3-5 seconds to load every item/outfit. Really hoping there's a fix for this soon.

Doesn't exactly show up well in a still screen-shot, but this:
1706828721579.png

BTW, I picked up a new video card a few weeks ago (then exchanged it for the Super last week) and have been enjoying the hell out of 2.1 for the last ~140 hours of game time.

The game looks amazing and smooth at 4k RT-Ultra settings.

Everything they fixed since launch has really added up, and besides a few hilarious physics glitches here and there, the game has been relatively bug free the whole time for me.

I'm really milking it this play-through to see everything the current version has to offer. Hoping to find some key save points along the way to ensure I can see a few endings I missed my first time through.

Really just want to get rid of that glitching delay in my inventory browsing. That is giving me a headache now.

Yep, 2.11 is out now. So far the only difference I've noticed is this super-annoying glitch effect in the inventory screens. I think it's supposed to be a transition effect that lasts a split second (I'd be ok with it lasting 0.25-0.5-ish seconds) but now I'm getting this for like 3-5 seconds every time I change anything in inventory.

That glitch effect isn't just a headache-inducing eye-sore, it's a major slow-down when trying to browse cosmetics in inventory. It's like something has slowed down the loading by a massive amount and now it's taking 3-5 seconds to load every item/outfit. Really hoping there's a fix for this soon.

Doesn't exactly show up well in a still screen-shot, but this:
View attachment 632099

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3251?tab=description

Posts in the mod thread confirm this fix still works with 2.11

Problem solved friendo ;)

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3251?tab=description

Posts in the mod thread confirm this fix still works with 2.11

Problem solved friendo ;)

Awesome - thanks! I saw another mod to do this, but it was removing a bunch more effects from the game that I don't want to mess with. I'll probably give that a try, unless anyone happens to know there's now an in-game setting to switch this somewhere?

Edit - wow, think that was the easiest mod installation I've ever seen - worked like a charm - thanks again!
...now it just seems like inventory items are loading in a lot slower - not sure why that's happening either. Maybe I just didn't notice before, but could have sworn changing random clothing in inventory was nearly instant before... now it's taking multiple seconds to change any clothing items

Last edited:
Finished the main quest line in Phantom Liberty earlier this week, absolutely fantastic and on par quality/story wise with The Witcher 3 expansions. I think I put about 20-25h into it, including a bunch of side quests/gigs in Dogtown. Still doing gigs/follow-on Phantom Liberty stuff now and enjoying it.

Still surprised how well it runs at 1440P on my system with max RT/path-tracing thanks to DLSS (2.0 quality). Even the dips into 30fps range it is still playable.

is CP2077 fully path traced?...which game is more demanding with PT enabled- CP2077 or Alan Wake 2?

Patch seems to be causing worse issues than it solves, apart from the annoying glitch effect, it keeps CTD-ing for me. It happened like once in 100 hours pre 2.11, now it happened twice just today in 2 hours.

is CP2077 fully path traced?...which game is more demanding with PT enabled- CP2077 or Alan Wake 2?
Okay, I'm wrong and am able to admit when I'm wrong.

CDPR says that in Path-Tracing Mode CP2077 is fully ray-traced. However I am uncertain if that means there are zero traditional lighting effects, and I was under the impression that there were.

The apparent definition of "path tracing" being: "fully ray-traced".

Okay, I'm wrong and am able to admit when I'm wrong.

CDPR says that in Path-Tracing Mode CP2077 is fully ray-traced. However I am uncertain if that means there are zero traditional lighting effects, and I was under the impression that there were.

I read that Alan Wake 2 mixes rasterization with path tracing so I'm not sure why AW2 is more demanding than CP2077

I read that Alan Wake 2 mixes rasterization with path tracing so I'm not sure why AW2 is more demanding than CP2077
Everything is per shader computation.

I'm not sure specifically for AW2, you could probably watch a DF tech video to find out all the particulars. But how many photons of light are being calculated and how many bounces are calculated alone could drastically alter performance.

Then the amount of RT systems also affects that. Shadow casting (occlusion), reflections (not just on water/mirrors, but on all objects... even down to foliage), color reflection, soft lighting, etc. CP2077 has to balance more with an open world. AW2 is all about min/maxing on its relatively tight corridors.

It's also simply a game that got to cook 3 years later chronologically than CP2077 did. Meaning they had more recent tech they could jam in (not about dev time).

Look up benches for both on a 4090, you should get a good reference. I don't have AW2 so I can't test.

Edit - wow, think that was the easiest mod installation I've ever seen - worked like a charm - thanks again!
...now it just seems like inventory items are loading in a lot slower - not sure why that's happening either. Maybe I just didn't notice before, but could have sworn changing random clothing in inventory was nearly instant before... now it's taking multiple seconds to change any clothing items

"As identified in this thread on Steam, I experience this issue as well, with the cause being having the Gorilla Arms cyberware slotted (though nowhere near the timing mentioned by that OP. They mention 9 seconds; I have ~2 seconds)."

Maybe test this "theory" and see if that's what is causing your delay??

Finished DLC and main story missions with every gig and side job that I could find. This game is probably my favorite game I have ever played. The stories, characters, choices and emotions are unparalleled for me. When a game makes me feel the choices I make and actually feel regret, that just elevates the experience to a new level. I am actually sad that I reached the end because I know the journey is over. I do plan to play it again but with mods and a new playstyle so I can atleast try the different paths and choices so there is still some new stuff for me to experience again.

Finished DLC and main story missions with every gig and side job that I could find. This game is probably my favorite game I have ever played. The stories, characters, choices and emotions are unparalleled for me. When a game makes me feel the choices I make and actually feel regret, that just elevates the experience to a new level. I am actually sad that I reached the end because I know the journey is over. I do plan to play it again but with mods and a new playstyle so I can atleast try the different paths and choices so there is still some new stuff for me to experience again.
Same feelings as you when I finally completed the final ending of the expansion (after doing all the side gigs etc). I kept a save file from just before as I haven't done the car racing or boxing quest lines, not sure there is much story there but might give them a go. Also only got about half of the cyber psychos. I put this game up there with Witcher 3 + expansions as my two favourite RPGs ever, ahead of Mass Effect 1-3 and Dragon Age 1.

Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.12 Full Notes​

PC-specific

• It will now be possible to properly rebind the Radioport and dropping bodies to a different key on AZERTY keyboards. Switching quest objectives will now be assigned to the T key on all keyboards.
  • Fixed an issue where trying to bind the T key to actions in Exploration & Combat resulted in a "Binding Failed" error.
  • Together with Intel we fixed the stuttering issue that occurred while the "Prioritize P-Cores" option was enabled.
  • Together with Razer we fixed a crash that occurred when using Razer Chroma enabled devices.
  • Fixed an issue where NPC hair could appear extremely bright inside vehicles when Ray Tracing is enabled.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred on Steam Deck when playing with Ray Tracing enabled.
Xbox-specific

• Addressed an issue where the game could enter an infinite loading state, hang up or crash on Xbox when using some saves.
All Platforms

• Fixed an issue causing the inability to access the menu, inventory, stash, holocalls and fast travel.
  • Updated the description of the Sonic Shock quickhack so that it properly reflects the changes made to its behavior in 2.1.
  • Improved visibility of the controller cursor in menus and when using computers or keypads. This change will primarily help Steam Deck users, but will also benefit consoles and PC when using a controller.
  • New Dawn Fades - Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to open the phone to read the notification from the Automated Delivery System.
  • I Can See Clearly Now - Lowered the Body attribute check required to move the dumpster.
  • I Walk the Line - Sasquatch's jump attack will now properly register as a hit and deal damage.
  • Riders on the Storm - Enemy cars in the chase sequence will now shoot at Panam's van.
  • Nocturne Op55N1- Fixed an issue where, after choosing to call Reed, the conversation sometimes wouldn't trigger, blocking progression.
  • Sonic Shock will now be properly categorized as a Covert quickhack.
  • Fixed instances where groups of immortal enemies could appear across Night City.
  • Fixed an issue where some elements on the perk screen wouldn't change after switching to Colorblind Mode.
  • BioDyne Berserk will now properly have increased Crit Chance from its Reflexes Attunement.

.... Still no FSR3 :(

Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.12 Full Notes​

PC-specific

• It will now be possible to properly rebind the Radioport and dropping bodies to a different key on AZERTY keyboards. Switching quest objectives will now be assigned to the T key on all keyboards.
  • Fixed an issue where trying to bind the T key to actions in Exploration & Combat resulted in a "Binding Failed" error.
  • Together with Intel we fixed the stuttering issue that occurred while the "Prioritize P-Cores" option was enabled.
  • Together with Razer we fixed a crash that occurred when using Razer Chroma enabled devices.
  • Fixed an issue where NPC hair could appear extremely bright inside vehicles when Ray Tracing is enabled.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred on Steam Deck when playing with Ray Tracing enabled.
Xbox-specific

• Addressed an issue where the game could enter an infinite loading state, hang up or crash on Xbox when using some saves.
All Platforms

• Fixed an issue causing the inability to access the menu, inventory, stash, holocalls and fast travel.
  • Updated the description of the Sonic Shock quickhack so that it properly reflects the changes made to its behavior in 2.1.
  • Improved visibility of the controller cursor in menus and when using computers or keypads. This change will primarily help Steam Deck users, but will also benefit consoles and PC when using a controller.
  • New Dawn Fades - Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to open the phone to read the notification from the Automated Delivery System.
  • I Can See Clearly Now - Lowered the Body attribute check required to move the dumpster.
  • I Walk the Line - Sasquatch's jump attack will now properly register as a hit and deal damage.
  • Riders on the Storm - Enemy cars in the chase sequence will now shoot at Panam's van.
  • Nocturne Op55N1- Fixed an issue where, after choosing to call Reed, the conversation sometimes wouldn't trigger, blocking progression.
  • Sonic Shock will now be properly categorized as a Covert quickhack.
  • Fixed instances where groups of immortal enemies could appear across Night City.
  • Fixed an issue where some elements on the perk screen wouldn't change after switching to Colorblind Mode.
  • BioDyne Berserk will now properly have increased Crit Chance from its Reflexes Attunement.

.... Still no FSR3 :(
Linkage:
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49912/patch-2-12

Nothing better than breaking my mods and the game, again. 2.11 just relased not so long ago. And WTF is this new launcher? The change notes never mentioned that. Instead of starting the game it shows a launcher asking me to upgrade to the ultimate version or play gwent.

I wanted to play and instead I'm stuck here re-downloading the game, after I already wasted 20 minutes troubleshooting why it won't start.:mad:
Thank fuck my internet is not metered, but it still takes ages.

Nothing better than breaking my mods and the game, again. 2.11 just relased not so long ago. And WTF is this new launcher? The change notes never mentioned that. Instead of starting the game it shows a launcher asking me to upgrade to the ultimate version or play gwent.

I wanted to play and instead I'm stuck here re-downloading the game, after I already wasted 20 minutes troubleshooting why it won't start.:mad:
Could get the GOG version, download installers so you can install mods and not worry about updates that break mods

Last edited:
Could get the GOG version, download installers so you can install mods and not worry about updates that break mods
It was the GOG version. But after this incident I turned off auto updates.

Add
Code:
--launcher-skip
to the command line options to skip the RED launcher. In Galaxy it's the customization button on the top-right after going to the game page. It works a little different than Steam.
  1. Go to Manage installation -> Configure
  2. Enable Custom executables/arguments
  3. Click Duplicate
  4. Add above argument to the Arguments text field
  5. Launch from customization -> Additional executables
You can just add it to the shortcut, too, if you don't want to launch from Galaxy.

Just started playing this game last week after owning it for years but not having a PC I can play it properly on. With a 7800x3d and 4080S It is gorgeous on 3440 UW. Most everything visually maxed, it is such a nice looking game. I find myself just cruising randomly in vehicles once the sun goes down, big time vibing. My only gripes are that vehicle handling is garbage as hell, it has Diddy Kong Racing controls where the back moves before the front, almost like every four+ wheel vehicle has some sort of crappy 4 wheel turning. The other is that except for the teleporting enemies combat is too easy. I wish I had started the game at a higher difficulty. Currently trying to rizz up Panam and work on her clan's missions. Oh also, I hate how her clan goes instant hostile with V in the city, but out in the desert they are my BFF's.

Def. hit up Nexus mods- there are many great additions, and a few RT things that can really improve framerate with RT (the Nvidia / AMD mod is crazy, and works pretty well)

Just started playing this game last week after owning it for years but not having a PC I can play it properly on. With a 7800x3d and 4080S It is gorgeous on 3440 UW. Most everything visually maxed, it is such a nice looking game. I find myself just cruising randomly in vehicles once the sun goes down, big time vibing. My only gripes are that vehicle handling is garbage as hell, it has Diddy Kong Racing controls where the back moves before the front, almost like every four+ wheel vehicle has some sort of crappy 4 wheel turning. The other is that except for the teleporting enemies combat is too easy. I wish I had started the game at a higher difficulty. Currently trying to rizz up Panam and work on her clan's missions. Oh also, I hate how her clan goes instant hostile with V in the city, but out in the desert they are my BFF's.

Believe it or not, the handling used to be way worse - somehow

Believe it or not, the handling used to be way worse - somehow
And I think it used to be better, but it's still not bad, compared to other similar games it is on the better end of the spectrum.

Most AAA games also suck. But obviously some of us have different tastes. I'd spend a month in prison before I played another hour of RDR2.
Xeno clash also an indie game. CDprojectred is triple A but they aren't owned by a major publisher

This is funny coming from people who probably have never been to jail, let alone prison. Any game is worth playing all day every day vs. prison. ;)
And yes I speak from experience.

LOL

No, no you would not sir.
Yeah. People have no freaking clue what they're talking about. Prison is balls, and it cannot be described in words how horrible it is to another person that's never been there.

This is funny coming from people who probably have never been to jail, let alone prison. Any game is worth playing all day every day vs. prison. ;)
And yes I speak from experience.
Exactly. They say try everything once, and it turns out, incarceration just wasn't for me.

The car handling is still garbage. The solution is to use one of the many available motorcycles. Night and day difference in the driving experience and lets you actually enjoy driving from point A to point B while blasting around all the traffic going 100+ mph the entire time.

The car handling is still garbage. The solution is to use one of the many available motorcycles. Night and day difference in the driving experience and lets you actually enjoy driving from point A to point B while blasting around all the traffic going 100+ mph the entire time.
LOL, reminds of Mafia, when that came out most people were bitching about the handling of cars in that one too. Turns out they just sucked at driving. This is why we can't have nice driving models in most games.

I did a comprehensive comparison of RT vs PT vs Raster vs Frame Gen vs DLSS vs DLAA. The results are telling, and the quote from Nvidia that DLSS is better than native is 100% accurate - When a game implements all these technologies properly.

https://imgsli.com/MjQ2MTQ2/4/3

Notice the GPU usage when FG is off but DLSS is on in Raster,

Also bear in mind that Ray Reconstruction doesn't make a huge diff to fps, but does make a diff to RT quality and accuracy. It is only usable when DLSS is on, not DLAA as it uses the Tensor cores. DLAA is merely a modern AA methdo, and isn't as sharp as DLSS.

LOL, reminds of Mafia, when that came out most people were bitching about the handling of cars in that one too. Turns out they just sucked at driving. This is why we can't have nice driving models in most games.
At night I play Cyberpunk for a while then switch to Horizon 5 to chill, this is definitely a Cyberpunk has crap car controls issue. Actually, I would be happy if Forza vehicle physics were present in all games with vehicles.

Just beat the expansion. Man if their goal was to make you feel hopeless and depressed after that ending they sure succeeded.

After waking from a 2 year coma Panam is gone, possibly suicided (I doubt that one) because she thought you abandoned her, probably just wants nothing to do with you anymore.
Judy is out of your life with her new wife.
Your good friend and former cop is clearly into something and his life fell apart.
Vik is a Corpo sellout which he always hated and is clearly depressed, at least he is still your pal though.
Johnny is dead and gone after spending the entire story as your conscious and pretty much best friend along every mission.
Misty's ok, but I thought she was a little TOO Zen and her hippy dippy attitude bugged me the entire game regardless.
I wish it was Takemura or someone cool that showed up to reintroduce you to your new way of life.
Even if it was something like Delamain driving you off into the sunset to start your new adventure that would have been ok.
Instead you are weak and powerless, destined to never do what you loved again.

Back