Crysis Remastered

Everyone getting the same performance like me only you getting awesome fps . Weird. I dont tell you i not believe you. But look here.
4k. V.HIGH. 30fps

1:13:07 even 28 fps

So you have not tried the settings and these are modified settings that Digital Foundry put out for 60 fps game play. So yes others who can adjust settings to something less than Very High or Can It Play Crysis on a few settings can get decent frame rates. I have no idea what your video was about, 1 hour+ Really? Digital Foundry recommended RT Off, I keep it on Performance because it adds a significant amount of IQ to the game and seems to run fine on my setup.

Different location, 05 Onslaught, a lot of foliage, water (RT reflections) settings in beginning of video, 1440p. Over 60fps with only a few blips. Game is running well, smooth with Freesync monitor. I would have to go to 1080p for higher fps. Geometry is a little bit flat as in the ground due to settings.

res 4K , V.HIGH.Raytracing off, still drops to 40s.50's fps.

45:45 that misssion

Last edited:
res 4K , V.HIGH.Raytracing off, still drops to 40s.50's fps.

45:45 that misssion

So what is your point? At 4K with very high settings it drops to the 40s? It is 4K, other games have that issue as well. Turn down the settings is the key, put shadows to Med, Vegetation to Med maybe High, Objects quality to High or Med -> Presto faster speed, smoother. Turn down more settings if needed to get RT running in Performance, that greatly increases IQ in this game. If you want 4K and V.High, buy a 3090, I don't think the 3080 has enough VRAM for this game with all VHigh settings. I hit the vram wall at 1440p pretty quick with the 5700XT, the Vega FE goes close to 10gb in this game as it is (less than 5gb with low settings) at 1440p. This game on higher settings have 8K textures, very long draw distances (meaning a ton more objects, textures, shaders etc.). I run smooth with the settings I have in previous video. Turning up a few more settings and I get the frame time pauses, hitches etc. => Not Enough Vram is most likely cause.

So what is your point? At 4K with very high settings it drops to the 40s? It is 4K, other games have that issue as well. Turn down the settings is the key, put shadows to Med, Vegetation to Med maybe High, Objects quality to High or Med -> Presto faster speed, smoother. Turn down more settings if needed to get RT running in Performance, that greatly increases IQ in this game. If you want 4K and V.High, buy a 3090, I don't think the 3080 has enough VRAM for this game with all VHigh settings. I hit the vram wall at 1440p pretty quick with the 5700XT, the Vega FE goes close to 10gb in this game as it is (less than 5gb with low settings) at 1440p. This game on higher settings have 8K textures, very long draw distances (meaning a ton more objects, textures, shaders etc.). I run smooth with the settings I have in previous video. Turning up a few more settings and I get the frame time pauses, hitches etc. => Not Enough Vram is most likely cause.
Just considering to rtx 3090, but not sure

Just considering to rtx 3090, but not sure
Game can also be the issue, Drivers etc. I would expect the 3090 would run this game rather well but until tested it could just be a bad optimization or lack of in the game that does not handle the higher settings transitions from one area to the next right. Eventually I will test it on the 1080Ti with 11gb. The Vega FE just does not have the performance level but does seem to do much better smooth wise with the higher settings, big difference is the 16gb of vram.

Crysis Remastered PC Review: Beautiful Tech, Brutally Limited Performance

judging by that DF video there seems to be some really nice graphical/tech improvements but also some really bad downgrades...seems like a total mixed bag...I'm going to hold off and hope that a few patches improves things or at worst maybe by the time the Steam version is released things will be in better shape

I turned on some more of Radeons software as to push the image detail and bumped some settings to med but ..keep the game running smooth as I can. I didn't see those heck up's in game but It may have something to do with finding a way for Relive to start in game and not on desktop .

Reactions: noko
like this
I turned on some more of Radeons software as to push the image detail and bumped some settings to med but ..keep the game running smooth as I can. I didn't see those heck up's in game but It may have something to do with finding a way for Relive to start in game and not on desktop .

I use AMD Link (phone) to start and stop video's plus take screenshots. What is interesting one machine the hotkeys work fine and on another they don't work at all, same drivers. Maybe I need to look more at the driver settings.

Great FPS, smooth as well. When one exceeds the vram of their GPU is when it gets really jumpy in frame rates. Beautiful game for the most part.

Last edited:
Did tests to see what the vram requirements are for the five presets at 4k, "Can It Run Crysis?", "Very High", "High", "Medium" and "Low". The higher settings are very vram demanding to say the least. I went with the highest quality preset "Can It Run Crysis?" and worked down to the lowest setting "Low" while never exiting the game session or level. The game allocates the vram and at the highest setting, it used around 13gb for this game level and when set to Very High it went down accordingly and stayed there, all presets were tested in the same game level/session. The game has no indication of using the available vram unnecessarily. You can look at the time stamps on the images top left and can see from the higher levels to low it reduced the memory usage which when playing for a given level stays relatively constant. Using a 16gb Vega FE turned out to be sufficient in determining how much vram is used. FPS monitor in top left corner shows vram used as well as other data.

First image is the Graphics Resolution and then the preset "Can It Run Crysis?" just to show what the settings looks like, when I do the other presets all the settings would just reflect the change, as a note not all settings have a "Can It Play Crysis?" setting

GraphicsResolution.jpg
CanItPreset.jpg

"Can It Run Crysis?" Preset vram usage 4K - 13gb, I played a few minutes after the setting looking out to the ocean and then the fort below and it basically stayed at 13gb. As a note on another level I've seen this preset hit 14.6gb so it may vary depending upon the level. Any card which does not have 16gb will most likely have erratic frame rates and pauses. On my 5700 XT it is unusable with frame rates all over the place, with the Vega FE while the fps is uber low it is still consistent and not erratic.

CanIt13gb.jpg

"Very High" preset - 11.2gb, sorry even a 11gb card will probably have periodic frame hitching and pauses. I do not think the 3080 would fare good here, the good is if you do some custom tuning and get the vram usage to less than 10gb, it should run well and still look outstanding

VeryHigh112.jpg

"High" preset - 6.7gb. A 8gb card should do well here, except in this case turn down the Raytracing Quality setting to like Performance for much better fps, still even with high Raytracing Quality your card may do well anyways

High67.jpg

"Medium" - 4.8gb. This turns off raytracing, 6gb cards should work well, my Vega FE does 45fps at 4K and is smooth

Medium48.jpg

"Low" - 4.4gb. Raytracing is still off and this setting still would require a 6gb card at 4K, Vega FE was running around 60fps with dips in the low 50's

Low44.jpg

Of course with lower end cards 1440p and 1080p would be more appropriate allowing higher settings and frame rates. I do not think the presets are well thought out, you can get some really good frame rates, much better visuals by customizing them. If within the vram limits of the card, the game runs really consistent and smooth, even during heavy explosions, gun fights the frame rates remain rather constant. If you exceed the vram of your card, the game will pause, hitch, have erratic frame rates, you see it going from like 50fps down into the low teens etc. At least that is my experience. My 5700XT has better fps but I cannot push too many settings, while on the Vega FE I can push the settings and still have good consistent frame rates albeit slower. So a powerful GPU but without sufficient vram you won't be able to push it as much in this game.

The biggest hit for fps besides when running out of vram is "Raytracing Quality" setting, for me the "Performance" option adds a great amount of noticeable IQ with the least amount of performance loss, while the other higher settings don't add that much more but are brutal to performance. Some settings you can set it to "Can It Run Crysis?" with very little hit to the fps. Just like the original game, doing custom settings was the best way to optimize and get the most out of it.

Three games now I know of that need over 8gb vram when using the higher options, Doom Eternal, Flight Simulator 2020 and Crysis Remastered. Longer draw distances, higher resolution textures, more complexed environments with more objects adding more geometry, shaders, textures and ray tracing. Next generation of games will require more resources for max settings. Games should allow lower vram cards to play just fine, just not maxed out or at higher resolutions.

Last edited:
Thank you for reminding me to check RTX games (this and control) on a 1080ti. I won a duke and can't see going from 12Gb to less...

Reactions: noko
like this
Crysis Remastered has been updated to version 1.1.0..."We listened to your feedback and are happy to present our first set of bigger changes, additions and fixes to Crysis Remastered."

those changes include the reinstatement of several features from the original game—leaning, a quick-throw key for grenades, and Classic Nanosuit controls...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Crysis/comments/izkpcc/crysis_remastered_pc_update_110/

Crysis Remastered has been updated to version 1.1.0..."We listened to your feedback and are happy to present our first set of bigger changes, additions and fixes to Crysis Remastered."

those changes include the reinstatement of several features from the original game—leaning, a quick-throw key for grenades, and Classic Nanosuit controls...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Crysis/comments/izkpcc/crysis_remastered_pc_update_110/

Wow they removed all that for the initial release. Garbage.

Wow they removed all that for the initial release. Garbage.

It does look like they are looking to address the concerns that DF raised. This is a good sign.

Though I'm still not on-board. If this was a 100% upgrade I would think about it, but as it stands it is 50% upgrade, 50% downgrade.

The performance of this screams poorly-optimized. The game does not look good enough to justify bringing a 3080 to its knees.

I was in the level where you discovered the opposition has nano-suits. The graveyard area was rendering so slow I couldn’t maneuver properly because I couldn’t see the yet to be rendered barriers.

The performance of this screams poorly-optimized. The game does not look good enough to justify bringing a 3080 to its knees.

I think the original game is the one that is poorly optimized making any attempts at a remaster suffer because of it...there are some nice improvements in terms of graphics but there are also some major downgrades as well...

I think the original game is the one that is poorly optimized making any attempts at a remaster suffer because of it...there are some nice improvements in terms of graphics but there are also some major downgrades as well...

The remaster is not well done.

Hey guys. Its awesome. I managed to get 90-100fps :). Just all settings on the right --> ALL MEDIUM. Raytracing OFF. Rest options above Ray Tracing,like shadows,shaders etc V.HIGH . Thats with 1440P. On 2080 Ti and 9700K.

ps:
Now i readed that update to 1.1 v was in saturday. Maybe that helped too:) . I just run today game after few days break.

Last edited:
They say 1080p Med of Remastered is equal to 1080p V High of the first Crysis .. which comparing a 8800GTX or 8800GT in 2007 to just an RX 570 today I would say there correct as I could not image an 8800GT with 512Mb of vram running 1080p Med .. maybe Low

RX 570 in Med and it's pulling over 7 Gb of vram - start at 2:04

Last edited:
Hey guys. Its awesome. I managed to get 90-100fps :). Just all settings on the right --> ALL MEDIUM. Raytracing OFF. Rest options above Ray Tracing,like shadows,shaders etc V.HIGH . Thats with 1440P. On 2080 Ti and 9700K.

ps:
Now i readed that update to 1.1 v was in saturday. Maybe that helped too:) . I just run today game after few days break.
So how do those visuals and performance compare to the original on ultra? If they are both lower, I wouldn't consider that too awesome.

So how do those visuals and performance compare to the original on ultra? If they are both lower, I wouldn't consider that too awesome.
Game overall looks awesome, better in many ways from the old version. Still some things like sub surface scattering for facial material I think look better in the original version. I would definitely prefer this version over the previous. Even on lower settings it look better than the best settings of the original in my experience.

Is this worth getting for any reason other than seeing your hardware perform worse than it should?

OK guys. Game was updated to 1.2v. Feeling smooth alot now. More fps . But i must turn down VEGETATION to MEDIUM to have 50+80+fps. This thing on high decrease -15fps.
All other V.HIGH ,RAYTRACING ( performance ) on 1440P. Game is now patched and its a lot better. Thats with 2080 Ti Aorus Waterforce Xtreme ( boost in game 1890-1920mhz ) and 9700K.

Just played replayed fast 2 mission ( the most demanding ) and third.PA16dAB.jpg

Last edited:
I have updated the game and my MSI B550m Mortar to 1.44v beta bios .. Host of Windows updates for AMD and this is 20.9.2 driver with all AMD software disabled as to only run the game settings of 1080p Med which is pulling 7Gb of vram from the RX 5500 XT 8Gb card .. Ryzen 3 3100 is in default mode = fast forward to 1:50 mark .. I like how it plays but that's about max for my vram

Crysis Remastered 1.3.0 update patch notes...

Performance:

· General performance improvements for high spec systems
· Improvements made to the performance of AMD based systems where ray tracing is set to Very high.
· Improvements made to the Optimal settings option in graphics settings. The selections should now be more in line with your pc's capabilities.
· Fixed some lighting that was missing in-game when the shadow quality setting was set to "Very high" or "Can it run Crysis".
· Improvements made to raytracing when set to "very high".

· Improvements made to look of the water in different instances for RTX GPUs (glare looks more natural, removed glowing artifacts/grain effect).
· Fixed an issue that resulted in a decrease of ~10fps when using Borderless over windowed or fullscreen.
· Fixed an issue that caused the framerate to drop when crawling through the body of a dead enemy.
· Fixed a memory leak that could occur at the beginning of Recovery - Village.
· Fixed an issue where launching the game with HDR enabled could cause artifacts to appear during cutscenes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Crysis/comments/k0tcow/crysis_remastered_updated_130_pc/

I been in the hospital for 2 weeks and have a lot to catch up with .. I am back on my 3700x / RX 5700 flashed and I did buy the Wal - Mart Black Friday Acer ED32DQR - EDO Series 32" FHD 1920 x 1080 VA panel with 1800R curvature gaming display with 165Hz Display Port and 144Hz HDMI with AMD Free Sync Premium for $155 ... Moving from 72Hz to 144Hz with video card that can reach that in a game like World of Tanks 1080p Max HD is Night and Day ... Not one dam issue with it on 20.1.11 driver and a ref XFX RX 5700 Blower

I been in the hospital for 2 weeks and have a lot to catch up with .. I am back on my 3700x / RX 5700 flashed and I did buy the Wal - Mart Black Friday Acer ED32DQR - EDO Series 32" FHD 1920 x 1080 VA panel with 1800R curvature gaming display with 165Hz Display Port and 144Hz HDMI with AMD Free Sync Premium for $155 ... Moving from 72Hz to 144Hz with video card that can reach that in a game like World of Tanks 1080p Max HD is Night and Day ... Not one dam issue with it on 20.1.11 driver and a ref XFX RX 5700 Blower
glad youre out but what does any of that have to do with crysis?!

Back