Crysis Remastered

The game definitely looks cool. The draw distance is especially impressive. I dunno if it justifies the kind of hardware needed to run it like that, but maybe those settings are just fluff, too. With lots of games it can be tough to tell whether they're set to "ultra/max/etc." vs. normal old high or very high. Yet performance might be 30-50% better.

With Very High settings, motion blur off, Ray tracing on Performance I am getting between 45 - 61 FPS, turning up Ray tracing to high knocks that down into the 30's and very high in the 20's. Game look FANTASTIC! Having a really great time in it. It definitely eats a lot of ram, the textures supposedly 8k, definitely looks like it on certain materials. This is with a 5700XT, which is runs it well. Have not tried HDR yet.

With Very High settings, motion blur off, Ray tracing on Performance I am getting between 45 - 61 FPS, turning up Ray tracing to high knocks that down into the 30's and very high in the 20's. Game look FANTASTIC! Having a really great time in it. It definitely eats a lot of ram, the textures supposedly 8k, definitely looks like it on certain materials. This is with a 5700XT, which is runs it well. Have not tried HDR yet.

Resolution?

I decided to go a different way and put the game in 1080p Low as it states for my hardware , then as stated applied Radeon Sharping to 80% .. I like it as 1080p Med is to much for a RX 5500 XT .. video starts at 1:37 mark as Relive will not start in game .

Reactions: noko
like this
Just ran through the first mission, 4K, high settings, no AA on my 2070 Super. Video incoming... if it will ever finish uploading to youtube.

Here is video at 1440p, Very High with Performance Raytracing. You can see initial problem with what happens when you go over the video card memory by looking at the frame times. Going back into settings and out cleared that out for the most part. This only really occured when recording the game which appeared to pushed the video ram up to its limit of 8gb. FPS monitor is running with frame times, GPU usage and memory usage. Lost a few fps with FPS monitor as well as from the recording. Game looks spectacular and as fun as it was over a decade ago. Recommend you skip the loading part, had to start recording before launching the game since in game none of the short cuts for video recording worked, even changed the shortcuts without success. The game eats vram for breakfast.

noko .. back the textures down until the frame times drop and use Radeon Image Sharping to bring the look back without the hit . Don't mean to spam with videos .. but this game is fun again

settings I like so far using AMD 's tools

Last edited:
Its something not right with game. I am playing on Aorus Waterforce 2080 Ti and 9700K . 1440P and details CAN IT RUN CRYSIS.
Have smooth 45-55fps with gpu usage 90%. And when i am looking at distance gpu usage drops to 60-70% and fps go to 30-35fps. When i turn camera usage back to 90% and fps goes up . Something not right. Also not only me ,the same thing on other youtube gameplays with same pc.

Heard at that setting they disable distance LoD and just render the full detail, to (I'd argue dubiously) have a performance impact for the setting's namesake. Though wouldn't have expected the GPU usage to lower if that was the cause.

Heard at that setting they disable distance LoD and just render the full detail, to (I'd argue dubiously) have a performance impact for the setting's namesake. Though wouldn't have expected the GPU usage to lower if that was the cause.
I was thinking thats only me,but on youtube gameplays the same usage drops on 2080 ti ,9900k.

16:18

There will be not difference in buggy spots in this game even with 3090. Its denuvo issue or game not optimized. There will be still gpu usage drops to 35fps when looking at distance. Who knows. :) I report back when i buy Rtx 3090 in next week ;)

I bought that game with promotion. Had Epic ticket or something. 50% lower prize.So i take it.

I saw a post on another forum and I learned the benchmark for the game is in Bin64 folder of the game

I decided to go a different way and put the game in 1080p Low as it states for my hardware , then as stated applied Radeon Sharping to 80% .. I like it as 1080p Med is to much for a RX 5500 XT .. video starts at 1:37 mark as Relive will not start in game .

I had just seen that the game is apparently still single-threaded and, judging by the CPU usage in this video, that appears to be correct. Majority of the work is on one core and then spilling over to the rest.

Says the game is available now, but I'm not seeing it any where. Is this an Epic exclusive or some equally vapid bullshit?

Is this remaster worth getting? Loved the game when it first released but I heard this game has performance issues and judging by the screenshots people posted the graphics are outdated and not so graphically beautiful as people hoped it to be.

None of the videos I've seen so far look particularly great, and the performance is shit on top of that.

I lived the moment back then and still have all the hardware /boxs and game poster .... $29 is noting compared to what I spent on the game back then just to move to DX 10 hardware .. I do feel is run smooth for the way I have it set but I don't remember to many 1080p Ultra pushers in 2007 so take that into account as 1Gb vram cards where GOD like and 1080p low is already passed that 1Gb card because my 8800GT had 512Mb and would never run 1080p low ..

I have 9700K and 2080 Ti waterforce. 35fps most with 50% gpu usage on 1440P with all maxed CAN IT RUN CRYSIS. And guess what? I turn off raytracing still 35fps.I go to 1080p still .
So my cpu is weak or what?

watch the ltt one at the top of the page. it show the difference. yeah, so was the first one, its part of the point.

I watched the Linus one, it looks average at best. And the point is not just to run like shit, it's supposed to to have jaw dropping visuals to showcase what preference of visuals over performance can do. When it looks average AND performs like shit, it's a total fail.

The games multi threading capability is non existent that is why the game performs like trash..... I refunded after 20 mins and went back to the 2007 original.

Its something not right with game. I am playing on Aorus Waterforce 2080 Ti and 9700K . 1440P and details CAN IT RUN CRYSIS.
Have smooth 45-55fps with gpu usage 90%. And when i am looking at distance gpu usage drops to 60-70% and fps go to 30-35fps. When i turn camera usage back to 90% and fps goes up . Something not right. Also not only me ,the same thing on other youtube gameplays with same pc.
I loaded up the original and at 1440p@165hz very high settings with AA off, rtx 2080ti and a 8700 and I can't get the gpu usage over 45%. Jesus christ, I don't remember it being that badly optimized. Is there a way up up gpu usage at 1440p?

I loaded up the original and at 1440p@165hz very high settings with AA off, rtx 2080ti and a 8700 and I can't get the gpu usage over 45%. Jesus christ, I don't remember it being that badly optimized. Is there a way up up gpu usage at 1440p?
I turned raytracing off and go to 1080P and still 50-60% usage most of the time,lol. I think we must wait for patch or engine is broken.

Back