Crysis Remastered

It looks good but, Jesus Christ, what's it gonna take to run it at 8K with Ray-Tracing enabled???

I doubt even a 3090 will be able to cut that with 60 FPS!

Looks decent, hope the VTOL mission is in the game though. Still think a proper remake would've been better.

Several years ago they did. Employees not being paid, studios closing, games getting canceled. I haven't heard anything about it recently. Sounds like they restructured pretty heavily and are working on a rebound. It would make sense that they're still playing it safe though. This release, after all, is safe. I'm sure the cost of significantly less than developing a new AAA release, and should do well on consoles (I expect particularly good results on Switch since that seems to be a platform people are more likely to double dip on). It's an easy way to get a quick cash infusion and move onto something more ambitious. To that end, I absolutely agree... making a deal with EGS is smart. People don't have to like it, but it's a smart business move for a company that needs to be making smart business moves.

For all we know they didn't even make any deal and just went in for the lower fees. 12% vs 30/25% is a great deal of savings, I doubt this game will sell enough to get to the 20% level Steam offers. Sales of the original game were pretty low and I don't see this remaster being a huge seller, especially with the low amounts of marketing. As you mentioned, quick cash grab and to show off ray tracing tech.

I do wonder what Crytek is up to engine/game wise.

As I already addressed, this isn't likely to be a huge seller on PC anyway...

I agree...I don't see this as being a major seller...most people are happy with their vanilla version of Crysis...the Remastered graphics look nice but I don't think it's going to be some night/day difference

I couldn't care less what store it's on. My main concern is if it's still based on the console port (like the Switch version is) or if it's based on the original PC game.

This actually doesn't look to bad. Framerate looked questionable though. If it consistently looks like that, and I can get it to run at 4K 60fps... i'd probably revisit it.
Looks pretty friggin awesome to me. And yep, looks a lot like Hunt Showdown.

Worth mentioning is that this is all SOFTWARE Ray Tracing. Will not require a specific GPU. We will see where perf lands.

Although I'm sure they will mostly focus on the graphical upgrades, I'm mostly looking forward to the performance enhancements on the newer engine since the original game is pretty much bottlenecked by only using 1-2 threads and is highely reliant on clock speed for performance. I just played the whole series for the first time earlier this year and both my CPU/GPU utilization was at like 30% while playing the game and frame rate varied wildly between 30-100+ FPS for me on a 2700X/2080 setup. Plus it was pretty unstable for me, crashing every so often despite downloading the 64-bit GoG files for my Steam version. The only thing that fixed the instability for me was lowering a couple of the IQ settings (can't remember which now..) or maybe running in DX 10 or 9 mode, whichever lowest one it supported.

Although I'm sure they will mostly focus on the graphical upgrades, I'm mostly looking forward to the performance enhancements on the newer engine since the original game is pretty much bottlenecked by only using 1-2 threads and is highely reliant on clock speed for performance. I just played the whole series for the first time earlier this year and both my CPU/GPU utilization was at like 30% while playing the game and frame rate varied wildly between 30-100+ FPS for me on a 2700X/2080 setup. Plus it was pretty unstable for me, crashing every so often despite downloading the 64-bit GoG files for my Steam version. The only thing that fixed the instability for me was lowering a couple of the IQ settings (can't remember which now..) or maybe running in DX 10 or 9 mode, whichever lowest one it supported.
Hunt Showdown runs my 6 core 8600K at 5GHz+ at 85%+. With a 2080Ti at 2GHz+ and almost everything turned on graphically it will run about 120FPS at 1440p.

Crysis Remastered system requirements

The remaster boasts better textures, improved assets, SSDO, SVOGI, "state-of-the-art depth fields," particles effects and more...Crysis Remastered releases September 19th...

minimum system requirements

Processor: Intel Core i5-3450 / AMD Ryzen 3
Memory: 8GB
Storage: 20GB
Direct X: DX11
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti / AMD Radeon 470
GPU memory: 4GB in 1080p

recommended system requirements

Processor: Intel Core i5-7600k or higher / AMD Ryzen 5 or higher
Memory: 12GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti / AMD Radeon Vega 56
GPU memory: 8GB in 1080p

What they should do is use the gameplay systems for using your special abilities from Crysis 3. I think that game played like butter.

This is a nostalgia hit. I’ll take it at bargain bin prices.

Oh and by the way, I like the aliens. My graphics card at the time, did not.

t1MeEGL.jpg

vs

soDfJKu.jpg

Crysis Remastered system requirements

The remaster boasts better textures, improved assets, SSDO, SVOGI, "state-of-the-art depth fields," particles effects and more...Crysis Remastered releases September 19th...

minimum system requirements

Processor: Intel Core i5-3450 / AMD Ryzen 3
Memory: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti / AMD Radeon 470
GPU memory: 4GB in 1080p

recommended system requirements

Processor: Intel Core i5-7600k or higher / AMD Ryzen 5 or higher
Memory: 12GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti / AMD Radeon Vega 56
GPU memory: 8GB in 1080p

I gots a 2080super and wonder if this will max out a 1440p ultrawide

I gots a 2080super and wonder if this will max out a 1440p ultrawide

Same card and res here, so hoping for 50+ FPS with G-sync. If not, I may wait until I can acquire a 3080 to play through this. If only it had DLSS support.

Yeah, Digital Foundry did a video yesterday showing ray tracing on Xbone X:

Pretty cool, despite it being restricted to 1080p/30 with RT enabled and not everything is ray traced. It's amazing current consoles can do it at all and bodes well for next gen consoles.

Same card and res here, so hoping for 50+ FPS with G-sync. If not, I may wait until I can acquire a 3080 to play through this. If only it had DLSS support.

Yeah, Digital Foundry did a video yesterday showing ray tracing on Xbone X:

Pretty cool, despite it being restricted to 1080p/30 with RT enabled and not everything is ray traced. It's amazing current consoles can do it at all and bodes well for next gen consoles.

I'm holding off on a GPU upgrade. Still on a 7700k and intel 750p U.2 drives. My stuff is all locked into intel sockets for cooling so the next move is off to z490 and a 10900k or 10700k and then just port everything everything else over and consider all that "done" and then wait a few CPU/GPU generations and do one from scratch and make this the GFs box.

What you think guys. I will be able to get min 50 fps on maxed out on 1440P? On 2080 Ti and 9700K

35fps on 2080 ti on 1080p after preload stream lol

Last edited:
I didn't know about Ray Tracing .. so I will see if it will come on .. this is min specs Ryzen 3 3100 /RX 5500 XT in 1080p Med .. I have to start Relive from the desktop is my only issue so far ,

Ray Tracing is a no go .. maybe 25 fps .. So I decided to go 1080p Low and use Radeon Image Sharpener and it looks good like that to me .

2070 Super. This thing is killing my system in "Can it Run Crysis" settings, even at 1080P. It is beautiful though.

Back