Crysis Remastered Trilogy

I hope they optimise the performance in the second and third game because the 1st game is very poorly optimised, just like the original and so far I wasn't impressed by it.

Even the original release of Crysis 2 ran better than the first game.
The first game is supposed to run pretty well after all the patches. Hopefully they take what they learned with that release and apply it to the other two games without needing to wait.

I liked the actual games of 2 and 3 more than the first one, even if they dropped a lot of the graphical zaniness of the first game. Not sure I'm in a hurry to replay them, though. The zany graphics and semi-open world added a little bit of replay to the first game. At least the first half of it. The 2nd and 3rd games were linear shooters. That's is a one-and-done for me, even if it's a good game.

Last edited:
I liked the actual games of 2 and 3 more than the first one, even if they dropped a lot of the graphical zaniness of the first game. Not sure I'm in a hurry to replay them, though. The zany graphics and semi-open world added a little bit of replay to the first game. At least the first half of it. The 2nd and 3rd games were linear shooters. That's is a one-and-done for me, even if it's a good game.

Agree, IIRC Crysis 3 improved a bit on the gameplay and level design with larger maps and more options, but still nowhere near Crysis 1's open worlds. It's been such a long time since I played, but I remember Crysis 2 being a generic corridor FPS and having a slightly better reception towards 3.

Crysis 1 and Warhead still rules supreme by far though.

I was never able to complete Crysis 3. When it came out, or even if I installed it now on my 100% different system build. I always get a crash when you first enter the forested area within the dome, it crashes right at the checkpoint right before, I assume, you encounter the new alien enemy hunters. I really liked what I saw of Crysis 3 otherwise..

Crysis 1 is pretty awful to play now, honestly. It hasn't held up. I don't even remember Crysis 2 that much, I remember not liking it. I did think Warhead was pretty decent, and holds up better.

I was never able to complete Crysis 3. When it came out, or even if I installed it now on my 100% different system build. I always get a crash when you first enter the forested area within the dome, it crashes right at the checkpoint right before, I assume, you encounter the new alien enemy hunters. I really liked what I saw of Crysis 3 otherwise..

Crysis 1 is pretty awful to play now, honestly. It hasn't held up. I don't even remember Crysis 2 that much, I remember not liking it. I did think Warhead was pretty decent, and holds up better.
I disagree. I had the most fun I've ever had in the first game when I did another playthrough a few months ago. I enjoyed Warhead, but I honestly don't think the pacing was as good.

Crysis 3 still holds up pretty good today in terms of graphics...I'm not sure it really needs a remaster, has the potential to screw things up more then improve it...even Crysis 2 with the HD Texture Pack looks pretty impressive...the first game was the one that could have benefited most from a remaster but they seemed to have broken more things then they fixed

Crytek is fully committed to cashgrabs now, release remasters of games individually then immediately release them as a pack, lol.Also Crysis3 is not that old that it needs a remaster anyway.

Crytek is fully committed to cashgrabs now
Wasn't there a report a couple years back that said their studio was in the red and couldn't pay staff? I think their fate was sealed a decade ago when they tried to make a move into the console market, rather than remain focused on the high end PC platform which their reputation and the reputation of their engine was built upon. Sure the high end PC market was niche but the licenses/royalties from other devs using their engine would have probably been more than enough to keep them afloat.

Last edited:
Exclusive: Inside Crysis 2 Remastered- The Crytek Tech Breakdown- First PS5 Footage

there won’t be any native next-gen console versions of Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 – they’ll simply be playable via backward compatibility, with the PS5 offering 1440p resolution and a target 60fps...none of these limitations apply to the PC version, where a full range of visual options, including ray tracing, will be available

Saber Interactive is once again taking the lead on development, but this time around Crytek is taking more of a hands-on approach...the Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 remasters will also be based on PC code across all platforms...

I think they were damn fools not to make a true remake of the original game from the ground up on their newest engine instead of this remastered garbage that still has most of the same limitations the original game has. It was so funny for years and years and years that people kept thinking they needed to throw more hardware at it and here we are 14 years later and that piece of shit game still can't even maintain 60 FPS even with a modern $5,000 computer. Trying to remaster that old game was nothing but a waste of time and you still have to turn down settings just to keep 60 FPS from the CPU standpoint which is laughably ridiculous considering modern CPUs are orders of magnitude faster than what was available when the game originally came out.

I think they were damn fools not to make a true remake of the original game from the ground up on their newest engine instead of this remastered garbage that still has most of the same limitations the original game has. It was so funny for years and years and years that people kept thinking they needed to throw more hardware at it and here we are 14 years later and that piece of shit game still can't even maintain 60 FPS even with a modern $5,000 computer. Trying to remaster that old game was nothing but a waste of time and you still have to turn down settings just to keep 60 FPS from the CPU standpoint which is laughably ridiculous considering modern CPUs are orders of magnitude faster than what was available when the game originally came out.

Crysis 2 (with the DX11 High-Res Texture Pack) and Crysis 3 already looked pretty good on PC so hopefully the remasters won't be a downgrade...

Fully agree and this is why I haven't bought Crysis Remastered still. The biggest issue by far with the original game was that it was mostly single-threaded and this should have been priority 1 to fix on the remaster. I don't care if they would have had to port it to a new engine; it simply wasn't worth doing until they could fix the CPU/performance bottleneck first and foremost, IMO.

Though I can somewhat empathize with them if they're that desperate for money right now and can tell that the ROI for porting the game to a new engine likely wouldn't have been nearly as much as remastering the game in its current engine. Maybe if they make enough from this remaster trilogy and other games in the next few years, they can do a Crysis "remake" and do it right at some point, lol.

Fully agree and this is why I haven't bought Crysis Remastered still. The biggest issue by far with the original game was that it was mostly single-threaded and this should have been priority 1 to fix on the remaster. I don't care if they would have had to port it to a new engine; it simply wasn't worth doing until they could fix the CPU/performance bottleneck first and foremost, IMO.

Though I can somewhat empathize with them if they're that desperate for money right now and can tell that the ROI for porting the game to a new engine likely wouldn't have been nearly as much as remastering the game in its current engine. Maybe if they make enough from this remaster trilogy and other games in the next few years, they can do a Crysis "remake" and do it right at some point, lol.
Same here. It is painful to see when remasters get screwed up. The only thing I want is a graphical update and perhaps some QoL changes if necessary.

Crysis 3 to this day still looks incredible, but fuck me is it boring. I tried playing it again recently and I just couldn't stick with it. Honestly I just couldn't get into any Crysis game after the first one for some reason.

Good to know it's actually coming to Steam, but what about the other two games coming out that day? Are they going to do the same idiotic exclusivity period with these two? I guess I can wait another 1.5 years, then, and just buy the whole bundle when it finally comes out.

1629907258068.png

Are they going to bundle all 3 games into a single install or is this going to be 3 separate games?

Are they going to bundle all 3 games into a single install or is this going to be 3 separate games?
Consoles get a bundle. EGS also probably gets a bundle. I'm not seeing a bundle or the other two games on Steam, which is why I brought it up.

Consoles get a bundle. EGS also probably gets a bundle. I'm not seeing a bundle or the other two games on Steam, which is why I brought it up.

it is weird that they're advertising the Remastered Trilogy everywhere except on Steam where only the first game is being promoted...

Crysis Remastered- Official Steam Launch Trailer

Last edited:
Crytek has announced that the Crysis Remastered Trilogy will launch on October 15th...it's an all-in-one bundle that features the remasters of the iconic Crysis, Crysis 2, and Crysis 3...players will also be able to purchase Crysis 2 Remastered and Crysis 3 Remastered individually on the same date

the Trilogy will come at a cost of $49.99...Crysis 2 and 3 Remastered will launch on the Epic Games Store, the PlayStation Store, the Microsoft Store, and the Nintendo Switch eShop on October 15 for $29.99 each

I'm curious what kind of enhancements Crysis 3 will have on the PC. If you crank up the details/res in the shipping version it looks great as-is. That one might mainly be for the consoles.

I'm curious what kind of enhancements Crysis 3 will have on the PC. If you crank up the details/res in the shipping version it looks great as-is. That one might mainly be for the consoles.

ray-tracing will be added to the remastered PC versions

"But can it run Crysis"?

So is there some kind of discount if you already bought the first remastered game?

the Crysis 1 remaster sounded very uneven so I'm not sure I have faith in them remastering the next 2 games which didn't really need a remaster to begin with...

Crytek was much more involved in the Crysis 2 and 3 remasters so hopefully it's a more worthy upgrade...Crysis 2 and 3 were also built using PC code/assets unlike Crysis 1 which was based on the console port

Last edited:
Crysis remastered is the only game I have returned. I bought it on an impulse to test out my 3080 back in fall but it ran like garbage so I returned it and got control instead.

Crysis remastered is the only game I have returned. I bought it on an impulse to test out my 3080 back in fall but it ran like garbage so I returned it and got control instead.
If you had done a little research you would know that the game is insanely CPU limited a great deal of the time so a 3080 is not going to magically fix anything. There's a couple of settings you have to turn down that impact the CPU if you want to even get 60 FPS. Bottom line is the game is just as big as an unoptimized piece of shit in the remastered version as it was in the original version. There are games that look way better while running at twice the freaking frame rate.

If you had done a little research you would know that the game is insanely CPU limited a great deal of the time so a 3080 is not going to magically fix anything. There's a couple of settings you have to turn down that impact the CPU if you want to even get 60 FPS. Bottom line is the game is just as big as an unoptimized piece of shit in the remastered version as it was in the original version. There are games that look way better while running at twice the freaking frame rate.
I bought it in the first weeks it was out, so not many complaints yet and already said it was an impulse purchase. Thanks for the tip though.

So how is the performance in Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 Remastered? I want to get it, but since being burnt by the poor quality of the first game I'm a bit hesistant.

So how is the performance in Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 Remastered? I want to get it, but since being burnt by the poor quality of the first game I'm a bit hesistant.
its good with dlss on 3080

I have actually Gigabyte Gaming Rtx 3090 so no problems. I decided to buy Crysis 3 RM instead of 2 Crysis RM. Because 3 looking better hehe ;)

I have a question. Is this a must to download drivers for Crysis Remaster 3 or just i can stay with current ? I have few months old drivers.

Last edited:
Back