Crysis Remastered Trilogy

Armenius

Fully [H]
Will release sometime this fall. No word on whether this will still be an Epic exclusive yet, or if multiplayer will be supported.

I hope they optimise the performance in the second and third game because the 1st game is very poorly optimised, just like the original and so far I wasn't impressed by it.

Even the original release of Crysis 2 ran better than the first game.

Armenius

Fully [H]
I hope they optimise the performance in the second and third game because the 1st game is very poorly optimised, just like the original and so far I wasn't impressed by it.

Even the original release of Crysis 2 ran better than the first game.
The first game is supposed to run pretty well after all the patches. Hopefully they take what they learned with that release and apply it to the other two games without needing to wait.

Domingo

Fully [H]
I liked the actual games of 2 and 3 more than the first one, even if they dropped a lot of the graphical zaniness of the first game. Not sure I'm in a hurry to replay them, though. The zany graphics and semi-open world added a little bit of replay to the first game. At least the first half of it. The 2nd and 3rd games were linear shooters. That's is a one-and-done for me, even if it's a good game.

Last edited:

hajalie24

[H]ard|Gawd
I liked the actual games of 2 and 3 more than the first one, even if they dropped a lot of the graphical zaniness of the first game. Not sure I'm in a hurry to replay them, though. The zany graphics and semi-open world added a little bit of replay to the first game. At least the first half of it. The 2nd and 3rd games were linear shooters. That's is a one-and-done for me, even if it's a good game.

Agree, IIRC Crysis 3 improved a bit on the gameplay and level design with larger maps and more options, but still nowhere near Crysis 1's open worlds. It's been such a long time since I played, but I remember Crysis 2 being a generic corridor FPS and having a slightly better reception towards 3.

Crysis 1 and Warhead still rules supreme by far though.

Mchart

Supreme [H]ardness
I was never able to complete Crysis 3. When it came out, or even if I installed it now on my 100% different system build. I always get a crash when you first enter the forested area within the dome, it crashes right at the checkpoint right before, I assume, you encounter the new alien enemy hunters. I really liked what I saw of Crysis 3 otherwise..

Crysis 1 is pretty awful to play now, honestly. It hasn't held up. I don't even remember Crysis 2 that much, I remember not liking it. I did think Warhead was pretty decent, and holds up better.

Armenius

Fully [H]
I was never able to complete Crysis 3. When it came out, or even if I installed it now on my 100% different system build. I always get a crash when you first enter the forested area within the dome, it crashes right at the checkpoint right before, I assume, you encounter the new alien enemy hunters. I really liked what I saw of Crysis 3 otherwise..

Crysis 1 is pretty awful to play now, honestly. It hasn't held up. I don't even remember Crysis 2 that much, I remember not liking it. I did think Warhead was pretty decent, and holds up better.
I disagree. I had the most fun I've ever had in the first game when I did another playthrough a few months ago. I enjoyed Warhead, but I honestly don't think the pacing was as good.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Crysis 3 still holds up pretty good today in terms of graphics...I'm not sure it really needs a remaster, has the potential to screw things up more then improve it...even Crysis 2 with the HD Texture Pack looks pretty impressive...the first game was the one that could have benefited most from a remaster but they seemed to have broken more things then they fixed

M76

[H]F Junkie
Crytek is fully committed to cashgrabs now, release remasters of games individually then immediately release them as a pack, lol.Also Crysis3 is not that old that it needs a remaster anyway.

Drexion

[H]ard|Gawd
Crytek is fully committed to cashgrabs now
Wasn't there a report a couple years back that said their studio was in the red and couldn't pay staff? I think their fate was sealed a decade ago when they tried to make a move into the console market, rather than remain focused on the high end PC platform which their reputation and the reputation of their engine was built upon. Sure the high end PC market was niche but the licenses/royalties from other devs using their engine would have probably been more than enough to keep them afloat.

Last edited: