Crysis 3 Confirmed

HardOCP News

[H] News
What started out as a rumor has now been confirmed, Crysis 3 is in development. According to EA, more news is coming April 16th.

I've reached out to EA and Crytek regarding this alleged game. Until then I'll keep my pointy rumor hat firmly planted. Update: There goes the rumor hat. EA told the eventual Polygon.com to expect more on Crysis 3 on April 16, adding "The best kept secret in shooters just can't be contained".

I loved the first one, and I mostly enjoyed the second one. I will be looking forward to this one as well. Hopefully it comes out for Origin.

If they were developing it as a PC only game,there might be hope,but the indication is it's cross platform,which means another watered down port. Given Crytek's track record,I have zero interest in this game,Crysis 2 was a complete disaster that offered nothing new from the countless boring consolized shooters out there,and other than the Nanosuit it bore no resemblance to the original.

If they were developing it as a PC only game,there might be hope,but the indication is it's cross platform,which means another watered down port. Given Crytek's track record,I have zero interest in this game,Crysis 2 was a complete disaster that offered nothing new from the countless boring consolized shooters out there,and other than the Nanosuit it bore no resemblance to the original.

+1!

They should get back into the story of Nomad and Psycho. I would be disappointed if they didn't. Just sayin'

I would be curious to know how EA does with C3 after pissing off so many ME3 fans. I've no interest in purchasing it on Origin or purchasing EA titles, but any chance they might consider a Steam distribution? Probably not...

I would be curious to know how EA does with C3 after pissing off so many ME3 fans. I've no interest in purchasing it on Origin or purchasing EA titles, but any chance they might consider a Steam distribution? Probably not...

Yeah... they should cease all operations because a vocal minority didn't like the end of ME3.

And i'd bet my bottom dollar that 70% of those people who say they don't have Origin...have it and use it.

The only good part of the crysis games was the first half of the first one.... just saying.

EA..

The game has been doomed from the very beginning.

They will also sell you commemorative toys and give you super-duper armor in Mass Effect 4 (the re-remake of Mass Effect 3 for all of those who wanted a happy ending and less sex. Now characters give themselves high-fives).

Got the last one for $12 and will get this one for $12 also.
Only people who pay full price for consolized games get shafted like with ME3.

The PC version, new upcoming Xbox and new upcoming Playstation version of Crysis 3 will have share 3 things between them that will be 100%.

Because of the AMD APU going into both of these new consoles, all 3 versions, all 3 platforms will look identical. Gone will be the dreadful and often feared porting from console to PC we've become used to in the past. Sure, you can crank the details up on the PC version but for the most part, what you see on the new Xbox at launch, in all it's glory, for whatever it's worth. That same experience can be brought over to the PC. At the same time if they decide to launch on the PC as well.

I would expect Sony to release a controller for its next gen console for the PC in the future, sometime in 2013 to augment this expected experience.

The PC version, new upcoming Xbox and new upcoming Playstation version of Crysis 3 will have share 3 things between them that will be 100%.

Because of the AMD APU going into both of these new consoles, all 3 versions, all 3 platforms will look identical. Gone will be the dreadful and often feared porting from console to PC we've become used to in the past. Sure, you can crank the details up on the PC version but for the most part, what you see on the new Xbox at launch, in all it's glory, for whatever it's worth. That same experience can be brought over to the PC. At the same time if they decide to launch on the PC as well.

I would expect Sony to release a controller for its next gen console for the PC in the future, sometime in 2013 to augment this expected experience.

Not sure if serious...

Next-Gen consoles aren't coming for a while. I seriously doubt EA is about to reveal a game for platforms that, as of yet, don't even officially exist. This will be likely for 360/PS3/PC. I'll bet they shoot for a holiday 2012 release date, which also leaves for the possibility of a Wii U launch title. I would also wager that visually it won't differ much from Crysis 2.

Jeez, my list of "games to not buy" is growing larger than my backlog.

btw, don't have origin, don't use it, and EA will never see another penny from me ever again ;)

EA..

They will also sell you commemorative toys and give you super-duper armor in Mass Effect 4 (the re-remake of Mass Effect 3 for all of those who wanted a happy ending and less sex. Now characters give themselves high-fives).

+1
Predicting the developers pressured to release before they want to also

Seriously, fuck EA. This shit is going to be half-assed, they'll hit you for DLC, etc...

Don't care, my excitement for this series is gone. I loved Crysis 1 and Warhead (especially Warhead) but playing Crysis 2 was like pooking yourself in the eye over and over.

They should get back into the story of Nomad and Psycho. I would be disappointed if they didn't. Just sayin'

They should get back to the originally planned sequel where you play as Prophet going back to the island (hence the cliffhanger ending), but oh wait, they can't cause they killed him off in Crysis 2 so you can play some nobody using Prophet's suit.

If it is anything like Crysis 2 I will not buy it. Crysis 2 wasn't a bad game, it was just average. I don't waste money on average games.

Maybe they'll perform a bulletstorm and not make it for PC. One could only hope.

EA..

Not at all. EA has put out quite a few good games. BF3, BF2, Dragon Age, Mass Effect series, Deadspace 1/2, C&C3, Mirrors Edge, etc... were all published by EA and were all fine games.

Wait, not sure if I am serious? If you don't know about game development and the massive amount of resources and "time" it takes, then, don't comment. Crysis 3 will most definitely launch on the new Xbox platform. The new Xbox will have an AMD APU and from the sound of it, so will the new Playstation. Experts have said this was going to happen, over the last 20 years, that eventually the PC and Consoles would merge. That the cost savings would be astronomical.

And if you think a year + a handful of months is a long time, your mistaken. That's right around the corner.

They don't need to reveal what platforms. With the AMD APU, they get the PC platform for free when developing for the Xbox. This is just, well, common sense.

I was only speculating on Crysis 3 and how it would appear identical between the 3 platforms. This is what irks me the most about some people is that they solely and just for the sake of trying to prove someone wrong, they abandon all logical common sense, hijack the context of the comment and steal it away down some other path the author never intended. It's frustrating and very annoying.

I know that Crysis is a very important IP for the devs and the publisher. I also know there were many performance issues with the Xbox version of Crysis 2 due to the lack the consoles limited power. I suspect they will use the next year + a handful of months and polish this up for Xmas 2013 for the new Xbox. Crysis 3 on the new consoles, with the added GPU power, 4 or 6 cores and proper 1080p would look pretty damn good on my new 70" Sharp Quattron.

But, then again we are talking with the worse rated company in the US, Electronic Arts. Knowing them, they will push Crysis 3 out as shovelware and have it in stores by Dec. That gives them only 7 months from now, which, even for shovelware, seems impossible.

Woohoo! Maybe we'll actually get a proper PC game this time around!

If EA is involved in any way, then it's going to suck. We will get shorted in some way, or it will end up half done and we will never see a patch. Plus we won't be able to buy it on Steam and it will have EA's lame copy protection crap built in.

I loved the first Crysis and Warhead. I also loved Crysis 2 but felt it was a game that took place in a universe separate from the one Crysis and Warhead took place in. The only thing the two games had in common was the idea of the Nano suite - and even then - they, too, were very different from each other. I, personally, like the universe of the orginal Crysis better than the one in the sequel. Hopefully they expand upon what happened in the first game instead of building off of Crysis 2.

Yeah... they should cease all operations because a vocal minority didn't like the end of ME3.

And i'd bet my bottom dollar that 70% of those people who say they don't have Origin...have it and use it.

If they want to continue working on games that's fine. I'm curious to see IF the fallout from ME3 will affect their future business. Personally I hope so -- it might help them learn from mistakes (day 1 DLC, DLC content found on retail disc hinting at a money grab, Origin, etc).

I guess I'm one of the 30% then. You know 93% of all statistics are made up on the spot, right? To be fair I've considered using Origin but only if I could sandbox it from my main OS install (and my data) with a minimum of trouble. Since I don't have a dedicated HTPC/DVR rig it isn't possible for me to properly dual boot (and I'm serious when I say dual booting is the only option where I would feel comfortable running Origin).

i've been paying crysis 1 at 2560x1600 maxed out - hands down best looking game ever made. and that was 2007.

Crysis 2 with the textures and dx11 on ultra looks pretty good, but DAYM they nailed it on crysis 1

I'm still waiting to put together a rig that can play crysis, full visuals. I give that a couple more years :D

crysis 1? how many times can you play that damn game ? and why are you so obsessed with spending a couple thousand dollars just to play it with max graphics...

crysis 2..... meh

crysis 3.... double meh. and yeah, it will have a shitty story line, and it will be rushed out.

"The best kept secret in shooters just can't be contained". They're wrong. Everyone knows it will suck, so it's hardly a secret.

Probably this game will end up like Crysis 2, completely riddled with bugs and developed for consoles and poor support. I have very little hope for Crytek since they released Crysis 2.

Back