Creative versus Daniel_K

Now, if you do and still think that COD4 sounds better, I am gonna have to invite you over for some BF2 and beers and get this set straight. :D

I uhh... think BF2 < CoD4.... now where's my beer?? :D

I have had x-fi elite pro, fatality, xtreme gamer, prelude.

I also am using a Trends Audio usb to coax converter into my old Sony 1000ESD digital pre-amp and TA-N110 stereo amp. The Pre mixes output into 2 channel dolby "surround". It appears to be a better 2 channel "surround" solution than the X-Fi.

I am using electro-stat headspeakers so I hear more detail than 99% of gamers out there.

Not being a blowhard truly. To my ears, what I have is better than the Prelude.

Metal and atech each person has a diffent opinion. what sounds good to you might not sound good to them. It just how things are.

Like for a example almost bought the OPA637 OPamp but reading some people like it and some doesnt I opt for the OPA627 so I dont in up with a opamp I doesnt like. If you get what I mean.

Also it would have been nice if I had my OPA627 this week instead of next. auzentech had to go backorder right after I ordered it last thursday =(

I never heard of a Electro-stat Headspeakers.

Metal and atech each person has a diffent opinion. what sounds good to you might not sound good to them. It just how things are.

Like for a example almost bought the OPA637 OPamp but reading some people like it and some doesnt I opt for the OPA627 so I dont in up with a opamp I doesnt like. If you get what I mean.

Also it would have been nice if I had my OPA627 this week instead of next. auzentech had to go backorder right after I ordered it last thursday =(

I never heard of a Electro-stat Headspeakers.

Yup. It is individual tastes. I like speed, detail and a bit of punch but tight bass and midbass.

I spent a total of $370 for my 2.1 stereo. I fond the ADS L420 speakers on the curb and replaced their fuses. The previous owner must have been a dumbass lol. The digital pre amp is a sony that I inherited and I bought the amp on audiogon for $120, same for my TAD 12" sub. I spent $120 on my TA usb converter.

huh, wtf? I just realized that I spent $120 for each piece. lol

Ok, so what is the point? Maybe my stereo is just plain better than a x-fi card. The usb to coax converter alone makes a HUGE difference by cleaning the signal up. Detail is way better now. Dynamics through the ceiling and accurate bass.

My STAX head speakers are made of lighter than air material and you can see through the translucent membrane or "woofer". They are rectangular and the most comfy headphones ever. They trump my speakers in terms of absolute detail, speed, and realistic sounds. Just as close to reality as I have gotten so far. I appear to be on a quest for virtual realistic game sound lol. No idea why. Just happened.

My STAX head speakers are made of lighter than air material and you can see through the translucent membrane or "woofer".

Hmm. Since they're lighter than air, they must be made gaseous in nature. I'd think the second you took them out of the air tight container they'd instantly float away and you'd have no head speakers.

I like good sounding audio, but I just don't see how anyone could use these unless they were frozen. When I think of comfort, frostbite isn't the first thing that comes to mind.

I need to get hooked up with someone that actually knows how to play Arma so I can learn the ropes from them. The game looks amazing, but the learning curve is brutal.

I have had x-fi elite pro, fatality, xtreme gamer, prelude.

I also am using a Trends Audio usb to coax converter into my old Sony 1000ESD digital pre-amp and TA-N110 stereo amp. The Pre mixes output into 2 channel dolby "surround". It appears to be a better 2 channel "surround" solution than the X-Fi.

I am using electro-stat headspeakers so I hear more detail than 99% of gamers out there.

Not being a blowhard truly. To my ears, what I have is better than the Prelude.

Uncle Uncle, I concede!

EDIT: Just wanted to add. In BF2 with the Ultra mode and X-Fi, you get 128 voices. I think the next highest mode is only 96 and its down from there with the other modes. The improvement is amazing, you get to hear things that just are not played and in 3D. Things like bullets wizzing by you, its almost like a wall hack that runs on sound.

I need to get hooked up with someone that actually knows how to play Arma so I can learn the ropes from them. The game looks amazing, but the learning curve is brutal.

Uncle Uncle, I concede!

EDIT: Just wanted to add. In BF2 with the Ultra mode and X-Fi, you get 128 voices. I think the next highest mode is only 96 and its down from there with the other modes. The improvement is amazing, you get to hear things that just are not played and in 3D. Things like bullets wizzing by you, its almost like a wall hack that runs on sound.

people still play BF2? :D

I kid. I had to quit the bf series after getting my 37. I hated playing at 1280x1024.

Sorry to necro a year old thread, but daniel_k is still contributing at the Creative forums. He compiles "support packs" for almost all creative cards and operating systems doing tweaks that allow the original install CD applications such as EQ, mixer, speaker settings, etc... to not be broken by current Creative drivers (which he includes). Alchemy, Dolby Digital Live Pack and a number of other items are included in most of his support packs.

His compilations are the only things that keep my Audigy 2 Value in my PC. Great stuff.

people still play BF2? :D

I kid. I had to quit the bf series after getting my 37. I hated playing at 1280x1024.

You can force any resolution with the command line.

+widescreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050 ...change that to your res and you should be golden

Holy necromancy batman!

First post I saw was me... I don't really remember posting it. But hey, Met-AL, you still owe me beer! :D

They should be giving this guy a job. Not banning him from the forums. Creative's drivers have become little more than a joke. I've had nothing but problems with them in the last couple of years.

They should be giving this guy a job. Not banning him from the forums. Creative's drivers have become little more than a joke. I've had nothing but problems with them in the last couple of years.

I have had no problems, but then again I have steered clear of NVIDIA chipsets and SLI.

I'd play with you. I've been playing ARMA online now for awhile but no one uses voice and I need a squad mate. Learning curve really isn't that bad unless you are playing the SP and need to manage your men. I guess the learning curve is forgetting everything you learned in a FPS and having to start over. You can't play it like an FPS or you just die. You need to think like a soldier.

I'd play with you. I've been playing ARMA online now for awhile but no one uses voice and I need a squad mate. Learning curve really isn't that bad unless you are playing the SP and need to manage your men. I guess the learning curve is forgetting everything you learned in a FPS and having to start over. You can't play it like an FPS or you just die. You need to think like a soldier.

And that is what makes ARMA so gooood! :D

Back