Craigslist finds

well that fan is also set as intake, and there is no rear exhaust fan. So the heat of the GPU and CPU are going to be fighting hard against that fan trying to bring cold air in from the top.
Any fan is going to be fighting hard to get cold air from the top since heat rises. :D
When I googled buying an iPhone on Craigslist the first thing that came up was some guy held at gunpoint. I was like nah.
:eek:

It's interesting--I've met some of the most genuinely nicest people via cl transactions. :)

I don't buy things like phones, video games, shoes etc. from sites like CL.
Anything that will attract jobless knuckle heads, I buy retail/online used or new.
So my takeaway is "jobless knuckle heads...like phones, video games, shoes etc." :ROFLMAO:

Not CL, but just found this on FB marketplace, it's just a little too far for me (2hr round trip) otherwise I would've picked it up!

Picked up this Mac pro for $40 locally, I really only wanted the case to do a PC build (Yes I know it requires customizing). According to the guy it would not power on anymore. So I get it home and the plugged it in and it powered on as soon as I pressed to power button........ It booted up and got the folder with question mark, because there's no hard drive of course. So I install my SSD and install Mac os and everything is working as it should for the past 8 hours as I type this on the PC. Not really sure what the guy was talking about.

3.2 ghz 6 Core xeon with 6gb ram and even has the original AMD 5770 1gb vga. Not sure what to do now and the guy saying it was broke and turns out it isn't ruined my plans....
image0.png

Wow, if it's working fine, turn it around and post it back up as a working machine for more than you paid for it. (y) These machines in working condition have a pretty good following too so check what ebay prices are running as well. Oh, and you can always post it here too. :D

CPU + my 1080ti is cranking BO4 180-200fps @1080p
Came with a Wraith Prism.
3.9ghz 1.35v Corsair 2x16gb lpx 3200 insta boot
It's going in a box I'm building for my buddy's 10yo for a 1st gaming box.

Screenshot_20190907-101552.png

Love the IT deals in the bay area and Chicago markets--lots of stupid cheap stuff because there's just so much of it. And the used enterprise gear--it's heaven!

Wow, if it's working fine, turn it around and post it back up as a working machine for more than you paid for it. (y) These machines in working condition have a pretty good following too so check what ebay prices are running as well. Oh, and you can always post it here too. :D

Strongly considering it since I don't want to take apart a good Mac Pro that someone can use.

Mid 2012 Mac Pro just like the guy said. According to Apple's support site, Mac Pro was purchased in September 2013. So it's only 6 years old. I've been using it for the past few days and haven't powered it down. I'm dumbfounded right now as guy said its broke and it isn't...

Score for me I guess? Ha

Yeah, I would put it out to pasture so a mac person can enjoy it. I'd basically state everything you did about it working fine but previous owner said it had an issue in full disclosure.

Definitely a score for you. (y)

McNASTY

Really nasty NZXT case missing both panels

Hyper 212 that had bent fins that I 'fixed'

Corsair 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz So far good

Corsair RM750X PSU Missing most cables

Samsung 970 EVO 500GB Good

Asus Strix Z370 E Motherboard So far good

Star of the show *8700K* So far good

UNBELIEVABLE Price... $150!!

McNASTY

Wow that's the deal of the year right there.

But looks like it has a crap ton of dust and pet hair. Does it smell? Nothing a good ole pure isopropyl alcohol bath won't fix.

McNASTY

I'm so jealous. Any reason why the seller sold it? Found any dark secerts on the SDD?

Judging by the white stains on the front fans maybe a watercooling rig gone bad? Or maybe just the case was used in one. Either way a super-steal--here's how I added it up:
Really nasty NZXT case missing both panels - $20
Hyper 212 that had bent fins that I 'fixed' - $10
Corsair 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz So far good - $30
Corsair RM750X PSU Missing most cables - $20
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB Good - $30
Asus Strix Z370 E Motherboard So far good - $50
Star of the show *8700K* So far good - $300
Total $460 :eek:

Wow that's the deal of the year right there.

But looks like it has a crap ton of dust and pet hair. Does it smell? Nothing a good ole pure isopropyl alcohol bath won't fix.

Definitely my best deal 2019 I've gotten deals before that we're so good it would have been a crime to post here LMAO. They were definitely head scratchers!

No smell, but looks a lot nastier in person then does in the pics.

I'm so jealous. Any reason why the seller sold it? Found any dark secerts on the SDD?

Honestly did not ask why he was selling but originally the deal was only for the CPU $180 but because it was a 2-hour round trip I was dragging my feet getting out there. He said he would throw in the ram and SSD the case cooler motherboard and PSU was a very unexpected bonus. The case is most likely going in the trash.

The SSD was loaded with data (only 10 gigs free space) was even told that there was sensitive data on there but I chose to respect his privacy and did a clean format.

Judging by the white stains on the front fans maybe a watercooling rig gone bad? Or maybe just the case was used in one. Either way a super-steal--here's how I added it up:
Really nasty NZXT case missing both panels - $20
Hyper 212 that had bent fins that I 'fixed' - $10
Corsair 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz So far good - $30
Corsair RM750X PSU Missing most cables - $20
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB Good - $30
Asus Strix Z370 E Motherboard So far good - $50
Star of the show *8700K* So far good - $300
Total $460 :eek:

Not sure on the history of the rig didn't really ask.

McNasty part 2

MSI GTX 1070 TI Gaming X w/box

The fans had little dust and pet hair but the back plate had a sticky substance in multiple areas see pic. Removal of the back plate revealed that the PCB was super clean little bit of isopropyl alcohol and my x power blower 5 minutes later looks/works great past a couple stress tests including an hour of gaming so far. Perfect upgrade for my SFF.

$130

Oh and I got some of the power supply cables from the first deal, now it's only missing two cables. :)

Nice! I'm hoping to find some deals for my cousin on a trip up to Chicagoland--his fx-6300 based system is begging for upgrades...

Yeah crazy good deals are far and few but you have to be consistent and look at least once or twice daily. Most people are asking way too much they're looking at eBay and basing their prices off of that but they forget that sales on eBay are insta 13% less money to the sellar because of PayPal and eBay and then most people include shipping so that has to come off the final price as well but no one on craigslist normally considers that.

Right on, and then there's those deals where people is just trying to get rid of something fast. I actually gave away a lot of furniture and even $40 car ramps when we moved from Chicagoland.

I actually got enough stuff at a deal on cl that I didn't mind (plus it would have cost more to keep the stuff or have the apt complex dispose of it).

I got a 32 inch 1440p EOC Freesync monitor 1 year old, in perfect condition with MC Receipt for 100 bucks. I consider that a good craigslist find!

Picked up this Mac pro for $40 locally, I really only wanted the case to do a PC build (Yes I know it requires customizing). According to the guy it would not power on anymore. So I get it home and the plugged it in and it powered on as soon as I pressed to power button........ It booted up and got the folder with question mark, because there's no hard drive of course. So I install my SSD and install Mac os and everything is working as it should for the past 8 hours as I type this on the PC. Not really sure what the guy was talking about.

3.2 ghz 6 Core xeon with 6gb ram and even has the original AMD 5770 1gb vga. Not sure what to do now and the guy saying it was broke and turns out it isn't ruined my plans....

I would say working it's worth a couple hundred bucks. Hell the CASE is probably worth 50 or 60. That's a good find man.

Or it's just a custom paint job or a decal. Looks like an 8800gts, and a ton of those had decals from different brands.

Paid $200 for:

- 1TB Samsung 850 Evo

- 500GB Samsung 850 Evo

- MSI GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

- XFX RX 580 8GB XXX Edition

- 24GB DDR3 (6x4GB sticks)

Bought from an old dude who lives in a senior apartment high rise and hoards computer gear. Not only did he sell me these items, but he also had 3 high end desktop PCs in his apartment lol. I tried my hardest to get him to sell me a GTX 1080 for $150 but he wasn't having that :LOL:

Not an insane haul but pretty damn good. I sold the 1TB Evo for $100 and the 500GB Evo for $60, used the RAM to upgrade some PCs, so I ended up getting both GPUs basically free.

Paid $30 for:

- Asus Maximus VII Hero LGA 1150 Mobo

- Rockit 88 Delid Kit

- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Guy destroyed his own i7-4790K with the Delid kit :woot:. He didn't know if the motherboard was still working and thus said $40 OBO for it. After some talking he said take the Delid kit and cooler free, since he had upgraded to Ryzen. :D

I think the old dude was needing rent money. :(

It's always a risk on parts that were involved in an 'incident'--great to hear you came out okay on that deal.

Where did you find these things? CL? Or some other place?

Asus ROG Swift PG278Q. The video output is a bit finicky meaning if you move it the screen might turn off but I've had it working perfectly for 3 weeks now.

Paid $100 for it.

I MIGHT take it apart and resolder the Display Port if it becomes an issue but so far so good.

Paid $100 for:
- Bombproof 36" rackmount enclosure (12U) on solid casters with a lockable window up front
- 2x rando 1U systems (haven't gotten around to taking them apart yet)
- 2U APC Smart-UPS with new batteries which was throwing a site fault warning (took it apart, cleaned it, and wired it back up and it is good to go)

Nice haul, and will let me finally move the servers down to the basement (and give me plenty of space for a full-depth norco, lol)

I think the old dude was needing rent money. :(

It's always a risk on parts that were involved in an 'incident'--great to hear you came out okay on that deal.

Where did you find these things? CL? Or some other place?

He wasn't hard up for rent, think he was just trying to declutter a bit

He wasn't hard up for rent, think he was just trying to declutter a bit
And didn't give a hoot about the going rates. :eek:

Paid $100 for:
- Bombproof 36" rackmount enclosure (12U) on solid casters with a lockable window up front
- 2x rando 1U systems (haven't gotten around to taking them apart yet)
- 2U APC Smart-UPS with new batteries which was throwing a site fault warning (took it apart, cleaned it, and wired it back up and it is good to go)

Nice haul, and will let me finally move the servers down to the basement (and give me plenty of space for a full-depth norco, lol)
I got lucky like this once getting a small open rack like that and a 2950 maxed out with dual x5450s 300GB sas drives and 16GB all for $65. Too bad it's only the rack that's gotten any use so far.

I just picked up an absolutely mint ASUS STRIX 1070 for $150. Box, accessories. Dust-free. Super nice, older gentlemen selling it since upgrading to a 2080 Ti. Should work nicely with the $129 2700X I just picked up at Micro Center for my 1080p projector gaming setup.

Definitely my best deal 2019 I've gotten deals before that we're so good it would have been a crime to post here LMAO. They were definitely head scratchers!

No smell, but looks a lot nastier in person then does in the pics.

Honestly did not ask why he was selling but originally the deal was only for the CPU $180 but because it was a 2-hour round trip I was dragging my feet getting out there. He said he would throw in the ram and SSD the case cooler motherboard and PSU was a very unexpected bonus. The case is most likely going in the trash.

The SSD was loaded with data (only 10 gigs free space) was even told that there was sensitive data on there but I chose to respect his privacy and did a clean format.

Not sure on the history of the rig didn't really ask.
Honorable man. Respect

Back