Counter Strike: Global Offensive

I doubt they will make it any cheaper because of the surf, troll, and scam accounts.

So after hitting my low of nova 1, I am now up to nova master. Going to try and get my original rank of mg2 or higher.

Shooting from the hip with no aiming down site on most weapons in CSGO and no prone at all doesn't seem cutting edge like COD has. Part of the learning curve in CSGO comes from trying to figure out how to keep the bullets in a small pattern to hit the target. Crouching helps but if you hold the trigger to full auto your bullets spread a lot. COD bullet spread is far less in full auto making it seem easier. CSGO you have to properly work bullet spread to take someone down fast. That is unless you are sniping of sorts or up in someones face with an auto.

So it seems CSGO on paper is less realistic with no prone and no aim down sites on all guns, but it makes up for that with a bullet spread that needs controlled and that takes some practice. And the hit boxes seem smaller which adds to the need for good accuracy while shooting.

I'm not a fan of animation death sequences. So plus points for CSGO with their full ragdoll.

"Cutting edge like COD has"... LOL. And yes CS is less realistic because you can't dolphin dive, like in COD. Do you know how long it takes to lay down and ready your rifle? A lot more than the 0.2 seconds it takes in COD. And bullets spread in real life. CS isn't about realism though and it never tried to be.

So after hitting my low of nova 1, I am now up to nova master. Going to try and get my original rank of mg2 or higher.

I don't know if we're friends or not but you should queue up with me. I've been playing pretty well around MG1-MGE, currently at MG2.

Oh, question for those of you who do some trading. Do you know how to send a trade offer to someone you're not friends with?

"Cutting edge like COD has"... LOL. And yes CS is less realistic because you can't dolphin dive, like in COD. Do you know how long it takes to lay down and ready your rifle? A lot more than the 0.2 seconds it takes in COD. And bullets spread in real life. CS isn't about realism though and it never tried to be.

I don't know if we're friends or not but you should queue up with me. I've been playing pretty well around MG1-MGE, currently at MG2.

What's your steam name? I have over two hundred friends lol.

I was a mge, but ranked all the way down to gn2. I am currently at gn4, hoping I can at least get back to mg2. Sometimes you just get on bad teams and there is nothing you can do (I always solo queue).

I was a mge, but ranked all the way down to gn2. I am currently at gn4, hoping I can at least get back to mg2. Sometimes you just get on bad teams and there is nothing you can do (I always solo queue).

Hit me up sometime on steam. I'll queue with you. I also play solo a lot.

I said, "Seems like cutting edge." Meaning CSGO you can't even aim down the sight or go prone. That makes COD seem cutting edge. It's as if the developers were never got around to adding these in. In which case might be true considering it's been like this since CS started I imagine. And if they change it now people would be pissed off.

Ugh.

"Temporary Cooldown" for the rest of the day.

This is really obnoxious.

Fiance is working tonight. This is likely my only chance all week to play (at least to play undisturbed so I can focus on a match) and it only lets me win two of them...

Enraging.

Zarathustra[H];1041485160 said:
Ugh.

"Temporary Cooldown" for the rest of the day.

This is really obnoxious.

Fiance is working tonight. This is likely my only chance all week to play (at least to play undisturbed so I can focus on a match) and it only lets me win two of them...

Enraging.

cooldown?

what?

Yeah, I want to hear about that as well.

Means during a competitive match making game, he was either

A) Kicked for whatever reason

B) Left the game and did not reconnect within the allotted 3 minutes

C) game crashed unable to reconnect within 3 minutes

D) too many team kills

All of which have different degrees of a 'cooldown' aka ban. The least is a 30 min ban, if you keep doing whatever it is you are doing after that first cool down, you could be banned forever on that account or just face a lengthier ban of 24 hours / 7 days / ETC. That ban does not mean you can't play CS:GO , it just means you can not play valves matchmaking for that duration.

so which was it Zarathustra?

They changed the rules a few months back.

Now, when you are unranked, you are only allowed 2 competitive wins per day.

Once you win your second one, you get a 24 hour cooldown.

My team won the first two matches I played.

It's supposed to dissuade smurfs and people who buy burner accounts, but IMHO it's just a huge PITA.

Especially since my game night is only ~once a week. At this rate it will take me 5 weeks to get a rank :p

Click to embiggen:

just got csGo after years of not playing cs source. anything really major i need to know that they have added to csgo? seems like there a few more added things to pick up on

I need some people to play with. It's been nothing but griefers, hackers, and smurfs all day. In one day I went from mg2 to nova 4. W35T can vouch for me and that I can hold my own against dmgs and even eagles. I am just tired of soloing only to find a game that isn't fun at all.

I uninstalled this game today. Got a wedding to plan and need to get off this game!

I had to give up CS GO Bravo. I'm basically failing all my classes this semester haha.

Then.....I picked up World of Tanks.... GRRRR I gotta stop.

I need some people to play with. It's been nothing but griefers, hackers, and smurfs all day.

Seems to be a lot more since the last update :|

I didn't buy the last operation and man I hate what they did to train :( Looks pretty but it should have been tooled as a new map not a replacement IMO.

I'm extremely sick of the people I get queued up with in MM. So rare to find a legit team of players that act like adults. Time to give CEVO/ESEA a try.

I stopped playing it.

I just found it too unrealistic and fast paced.

I mean, I played it since 1999, so I knew this, but it was fun for a little bit.

I've shifted back over to Red Orchestra.

As much as I love CS, RO2 makes it tough to go back, as it feels like a child's toy by comparison.

Last edited:
Anyone see the mass vac ban? LOL reading the forums on false bans... yeah right.

Anyone see the mass vac ban? LOL reading the forums on false bans... yeah right.

Oh hey guys! guess what the #2 seller on steam is right now?

fucking bullshit. i think valve has sold more copies of csgo than any other game in the world.

This is such horse shit, the entire reason CS became popular was because it was what gooseman thought was more realistic at the time with the limited coding capabilities and engine he had. It blew up specifically because of that and the vast majority of CS players liked it and claimed they liked it because BECAUSE it was more realistic. That is why they did many things like removed bunny hopping. Then CS players got their panties in a bunch when COD came along added more elements of realism. Please do tell me what the point of guns having a spread pattern like a backwards 7 has anything to do with anything at all let along skill? Why don't I make a game where guns have draw the pattern of an erect penis and force you to memorize it? It would be the same skill right? After years of playing as players started seeing the player base erode and unwilling to adapt or change now CS players think they can count themselves amoung the quake, unreal and DM players saying oh well its not about realism. Give me a break, if its not about realism them wtf do you have to stare and random charecters and try to figure out if they are on your team or not instead of having an indicator like the non realisitic games?

The fact of the matter is COD was the next evolution that CS should have taken and didn't and that is why CS lost its spot as the top game in the world.

This is such horse shit, the entire reason CS became popular was because it was what gooseman thought was more realistic at the time with the limited coding capabilities and engine he had. It blew up specifically because of that and the vast majority of CS players liked it and claimed they liked it because BECAUSE it was more realistic. That is why they did many things like removed bunny hopping. Then CS players got their panties in a bunch when COD came along added more elements of realism. Please do tell me what the point of guns having a spread pattern like a backwards 7 has anything to do with anything at all let along skill? Why don't I make a game where guns have draw the pattern of an erect penis and force you to memorize it? It would be the same skill right? After years of playing as players started seeing the player base erode and unwilling to adapt or change now CS players think they can count themselves amoung the quake, unreal and DM players saying oh well its not about realism. Give me a break, if its not about realism them wtf do you have to stare and random charecters and try to figure out if they are on your team or not instead of having an indicator like the non realisitic games?

The fact of the matter is COD was the next evolution that CS should have taken and didn't and that is why CS lost its spot as the top game in the world.

Please notice on the right hand side where is says 6.2 million unique users last month.
http://blog.counter-strike.net/

You are right. The initial appeal of CS in 1999 was that it was more realistic than anything else out there. While the realism aspect was what initially drew people in, over time why people stayed was because the game mechanics hit the correct formula for fast paced team based shooters right on the nose, and that is why the competitive gaming crowd has grown up around it.

If you want realism today, neither CS or Call of Modern Battlefield are the way to go. CoD may have added prone modes but calling it realistic is the biggest fucking joke ever. It's a run and gun game, more reminiscent of paintball than anything else.

The problem with realistic FPS games though is that if you make them too realistic, they just aren't any fun. There is nothing wrong with sacrificing realism in the name of making a game fun to play. After all they are games, and not tactical simulators.

A realistic CS would be you and your SWAT team responding to T's having killed 5 civilians, and then sitting outside a building where the terrorists are hiding with their hostages with NOTHING happening for 48 hours, followed by 2 minutes of intense flattening of the terrorists when the 100:1 ratio of CT to T players absolutely stomp them.

Wouldn't make for a very good game, now would it?

IMHO there are some games that hit a middle ground of perfection though. Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad and the pacific based Rising Storm expansion hit this sweet spot of perfection between the two for me, but this spot is going to be different for different people.

It took me some getting used to at first (the fact that in world objects create interference, so you can bump your gun against that wall and not turn as far left as you want - for instance, and if you are used to a twitchy CoD/CS gameplay, the speed of the game can feel like you are moving through soup at times, but it makes for a very interesting game, where diving behind cover, proper use of smoke grenades to hide your approach, and understanding of realistic bullet physics are absolutely crucial.

So is having a team with a good commanding officer, and players that play as a team, don't care about their own statistics, and do what the commander says. As soon as you have the "fuck you, I'm doing it my way" players, you are going to lose, pathetically so.

To me, I can't go back to CS once I get used to RO2. It just feels silly by comparison, even though I played it for 16 years and have put more hours into it over the years than I care to admit.

That doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with CS. It just means that my preferences were always more on the realism side, and I have found a game play style that better suits me.

Please notice on the right hand side where is says 6.2 million unique users last month.
http://blog.counter-strike.net/

Player count doesn't necessarily mean a game is better. It means it is more popular - certainly - but popular isn't necessarily better.

I'd take CS over Call of Modern Battlefield any day though. It's just that neither of them really suit me anymore.

Source2 can't come soon enough. Hoping it will breathe some life into CS:GO, it's been feeling stale for awhile now with these lame updates.

Source2 can't come soon enough. Hoping it will breathe some life into CS:GO, it's been feeling stale for awhile now with these lame updates.

I don't think the newer engine will improve things.

At first I was really disappointed with CS:GO in the graphics department. It was a 2012 title that looks like a 2005 title. Sure, looks better than Source, but still not what you expect these days.

The reason they do it though, is because of it's competitive nature. They want everyone - even those people with low end GPU's to have the same playable experience, so people don't have to tweak settings to get the optimum framerate.

They want it to look the same on everyones screen, so you don't have such BS as people tweaking various texture settings on and off to get an advantage, etc. etc, which you would have, if you had a modern title able to max out top end GPU's.

Since competition is now the priority, rather than anything else, I don't see this changing much with the source2 engine. I expect any update to keep it within the playability range on a reasonably up to date mid-range IGP.

Zarathustra[H];1041555517 said:
You are right. The initial appeal of CS in 1999 was that it was more realistic than anything else out there. While the realism aspect was what initially drew people in, over time why people stayed was because the game mechanics hit the correct formula for fast paced team based shooters right on the nose, and that is why the competitive gaming crowd has grown up around it.

No the "new" competitive gaming crowd grew up on it because it was the easy game to play during the dot com boom when all the noobs where getting on AOL and getting slaughtered in the existing DM games this slow as molasses shit where camping was the way to play suited them well when they didn't even know how to strafe. What too many people here fail to realize is popularity makes a game competitive not the other way around. Get enough players playing anything and competition will turn to that game, see MOBAs, clearly inferior the RTS games they replaced but doesn't matter they have more players so that means more money now. And just to show how delusional CS players and yourself are nice try calling it a fast paced game.......The popularity of CS stemmed exactly from the fact it was slow as molasses.

I like the mission packs even though I dont buy them. But I just wish they would stop making things worse :( I like new modes and options but leave the ones people like in place. Train & Cobble were great maps as they were, the new ones blow (their play time seems to show more people think this as well).

Arms race used to be one of my favorite modes and a great warm up. Jump in quick 5 minute 26 kill round off to normal play. Once they built in wall hacks and turned it into a gun game it lost all appeal to me. I used to play that 4 to 5 times a night. Played two rounds once they did that and have not touched it since.

Even the rotations have become very consolidated this last patch meaning it's Office, Italy, or Dust 2 90% of the time. They are great maps but I like all of the maps, they are all good... :( There are so many maps out there that they could (and have) included but wont post to the rotations or make another rotation for people to play.

No the "new" competitive gaming crowd grew up on it because it was the easy game to play during the dot com boom when all the noobs where getting on AOL and getting slaughtered in the existing DM games this slow as molasses shit where camping was the way to play suited them well when they didn't even know how to strafe. What too many people here fail to realize is popularity makes a game competitive not the other way around. Get enough players playing anything and competition will turn to that game, see MOBAs, clearly inferior the RTS games they replaced but doesn't matter they have more players so that means more money now. And just to show how delusional CS players and yourself are nice try calling it a fast paced game.......The popularity of CS stemmed exactly from the fact it was slow as molasses.

Join a competitive match with nova 4 or above. It's not an easy game by far. The game isn't simply aim and kill. You have economy, rotations, predicting where the enemy might be, holding angles, knowing when to back out of a spot, knowing when you can't win to save your weapon, etc... It's like a chess match with aiming. A lot of reasons people hack on this game is the don't understand tactics. You have a COD player come in and just rush everywhere. When you do that, instead of 5v5, you put yourself in a 1v5 situation. It's teamwork, communication, and planning that wins games.

Looking for some more people to join our team. Have almost a five man team. Would like to have at least eight. PM me if you are interested. ESEA league registration ends tomorrow night.

Back