Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Yeah man most people can be pretty cool. It seems to be 2/3 a "mature" community, but hell, my team was winning 13 to 6 the other day and some moron got mad because I did one thing he didn't like and started verbally trying to attack me for a single mistake. I try to not feed into their bullshit, but sometimes the best thing you can do is prove them wrong and call them out. Most of the time they respond "Quit now fegget" or "eat a dick fuggut" or something equally as stupid. People are funny. I try to play with people I've played with in the past or real life friends. Luckily all my buds group up with PC gaming and played 1.6 so I never had to worry too much

I love it when they call me bad but they have more deaths, less kills, and a lower score then i do. LOL

I love it when they call me bad but they have more deaths, less kills, and a lower score then i do. LOL

That always seems to be the case doesn't it? The particular case I was referring to I was number one on the score board. Keep this conversation in mind because sometimes I catch myself being too critical, so patience is key...and CS will teach that to ya ;)

That always seems to be the case doesn't it? The particular case I was referring to I was number one on the score board. Keep this conversation in mind because sometimes I catch myself being too critical, so patience is key...and CS will teach that to ya ;)

critical of your self or of others?

All-chat or whatever Valve is calling it is ruining the game. How do I filter this shit? I never really liked voice chat to begin with but on some servers they have it enabled for all players, at all time, for both teams. Usually, I would disable the thing entirely but then again, how do I know if this shit is enabled :(

Anyway,. I get kicked pretty often on German severs if I am having a good day and beating the crap out of them. Too bad German servers ping well.

I've been playing Arms Race pretty much exclusively since I got this a couple of weeks ago and am loving it. I started out doing terribly but have moved up to not-quite-as-terrible status.

Does anyone have issues with the AK47 and Desert Eagle? The AK seems to spread like crazy even when burst firing and the Eagle seems to do no damage unless I'm 10 feet away or get a headshot.

I've been playing Arms Race pretty much exclusively since I got this a couple of weeks ago and am loving it. I started out doing terribly but have moved up to not-quite-as-terrible status.

Does anyone have issues with the AK47 and Desert Eagle? The AK seems to spread like crazy even when burst firing and the Eagle seems to do no damage unless I'm 10 feet away or get a headshot.

Yep, I notice that...

It feels completely different from CS 1.6 / Source...

Looks like I am no the only one...:p

apparently it's not a bug, it was an intentional shifting of the ranks.

apparently it's not a bug, it was an intentional shifting of the ranks.

I just read that and came here to type it. What was it that they wanted to accomplish with this? Make the higher ranks even harder to get? I'm confused.

I just read that and came here to type it. What was it that they wanted to accomplish with this? Make the higher ranks even harder to get? I'm confused.

A rank isn't something that you are supposed to try to achieve, it is a reflection of your current skill. They are probably trying to make the ranks more accurate.

Is this why I've been getting thrown into games where I just get raped for the last couple of days?

Is this why I've been getting thrown into games where I just get raped for the last couple of days?

This is why I care about ranks. That and it's fun to try and get better and acheive a higher skill level. Harder competition is always fun! The problem is the competition was so far off the scale that it wasn't even fair.

Also, anyone else having trouble getting into matchmaking games? I can't even connect with friends =/

Jesus christ this new update.

The deagle does 75 damage, through armor, in a single shot to the body. It can 1 headshot you at any range, and will kill you in 2 hits to the body at any range. Like seriously, wtf were they thinking.

People wanted the pros to provide feedback. Thats what they got.

MAJOR CHANGES ]
- A new game mode has been added to matchmaking and offline play: Deathmatch.
- Weapon balance and recoil were adjusted with pro community input ( Thanks to J3Di, NiP, VeryGames, ESC, 4NOT, mTw, and FM TOXiC )
- In addition to global changes that affect all weapons, specific adjustments have been made to: rifles, pistols, and the P90.
- Weapon purchasing changes:
- The AWP's kill reward was increased from $50 to $100.
- The Glock is now a Terrorist only weapon.
- The FiveseveN is now a CT only weapon.
- The Terrorists' molotov price has been reduced to $500. The CT's incendiary grenade remains $850.
- Note that the pistol arrangement has changed in the buymenu.

- The messaging system has been converted to protobuf.
- Demos recorded with previous versions of CS:GO will not be compatible as of this update. In order to view old demos, set your 'beta' to 'demo_viewer' in the CS:GO betas property panel, in Steam. Don't forget to set it back to 'NONE' when you want to play online again.
- If you are running SourceMod on your server, you will need to update to the latest version. For details, see: http://www.sourcemod.net/index.php

[ MINOR CHANGES ]
- Added some performance improvements for low-end clients.
- Fixed some fence materials that were allowing players to see through smoke grenades.
- GOTV spectator UI will now correctly show kevlar and helmet information for players.
- Avatars will now correctly load for all players when connected to a GOTV server or when watching a demo.
- Added support to notify players during servers maintenance downtime.
- Fixed a dedicated server exploit where community dedicated servers could masquerade as official and get players searching for official game modes connected to them (saigns.de)
- Fixed a rare problem when clients matchmaking for Classic Competitive game could be stuck on green Accept screen
- Fixed a rare problem when clients could connect to a Classic Competitive game and then later be disconnected for failing to accept the match.
- Improved algorithm pinging whitelisted dedicated servers when searching for Classic Competitive games, pinging less addresses fixes occasional problems for some customers where address translation tables on their routers would fill up and their routers would fail to route required packets to display the green Accept screen.
- Added support for mm_dedicated_search_maxping to restrict client's ping when matchmaking for Classic Competitive games. ( Matchmaking algorithm will still be prioritizing best servers to minimize ping of all party members. )
- Fixed a rare server crash when bots attempted to shoot the bomb defuser.
- Fixed a client crash when downloading a lot of custom assets from community servers.

[ NOTES TO MAPMAKERS ]
- DEATHMATCH:
- Deathmatch uses the nav mesh to create spawn points. Make sure that your nav is contained within the bounds of your map to ensure that players aren't spawned outside of it. Use map_showspawnpoints to see where spawn points were generated.
- If you want to use mapper-placed spawnpoints instead of the randomly generated ones, place an info_map_parameters in your map and set usenormalspawnsfordm ("Use Normal Spawns in Deathmatch?) to true.
- WORKSHOP:
- We're launching the private beta for workshop maps.

- Please use the CSGO SDK list for discussions about Deathmatch and Workshop.

i'm pretty sure literally nobody asked for the deagle to have an infinite 1 shot range and to kill in 2 hits everywhere else in the game. that's not how it's ever worked.

edit: you can actually 1 shot people to the chest if they have no armor.

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure literally nobody asked for the deagle to have an infinite 1 shot range and to kill in 2 hits everywhere else in the game. that's not how it's ever worked.

Everyone is all for putting what the pros say into the game. Thats what they have been doing the whole time and is one of the biggest contributor of issues in the game.

Wait so Deagle is now OP from the patch?

Wait so Deagle is now OP from the patch?

I one shot someone several times as they were exiting t connector on train. I was back ivy. A headshot at that range was nearly 300 damage.

The rest of the changes seem reasonably in the right direction.

We can all agree that this patch fucked up the game pretty bad right? I have seen an influx of people RUNNING around corners and headshotting me single shot with rifles.

i'm thinking of getting this from steam, is it enjoyable as in pickup and play for an hour or two?

I use to play BF3 but quit because of the hackers and lag and use to play CS way back in the day.

I don't understand why they keep messing with the deagle. Valve just needs to go back how it was before the buff. It's pretty damn unusable at all. Shooting it is like trying aim while riding down a rocky mountain. It's fucked up!

What a waste of $15. Why did they even bother making this game? Marginally better textures, still the same atrocious physics model with the magic disappearing bullets with no hit reg. 2 people, 6 feet in front of me...30 bullets, not a single hit.

People bitch about BF3, but at least if I put the bullets on target, they actually hit.

Sounds like you're the only one with that problem. The Source Engine is one of the best when it comes to netcode.

What a waste of $15. Why did they even bother making this game? Marginally better textures, still the same atrocious physics model with the magic disappearing bullets with no hit reg. 2 people, 6 feet in front of me...30 bullets, not a single hit.

People bitch about BF3, but at least if I put the bullets on target, they actually hit.

That's because BF3 is easy, CSGO is hard, and you're bad at playing it. Please don't flame a game because of your own incompetence or connection issues.

couldn't agree more, but I think a huge part of it is the overdone fake recoil. That shit ruins fps's. It's the sole reason I don't play this game anymore.

couldn't agree more, but I think a huge part of it is the overdone fake recoil. That shit ruins fps's. It's the sole reason I don't play this game anymore.

welcome to CS where you actually have to learn / practice recoil to get better at managing it.

welcome to CS where you actually have to learn / practice recoil to get better at managing it.

I can understand a gun going up some for a recoil effect but having it go left and right and all over the place is fucking stupid. Maybe you find trying to figure out some absurd bullet pattern is fun, but I do not.

I can understand a gun going up some for a recoil effect but having it go left and right and all over the place is fucking stupid. Maybe you find trying to figure out some absurd bullet pattern is fun, but I do not.

You're not supposed to be dumping your magazine every time you see someone. CS is a deep game, and a reasonably difficult one at that. If you have no intention of learning the game mechanics and expect to be some kind of aim god because you were good at BF3 or something then you're out of luck.

I can't get this game to run at all. I keep getting Error Code 53 - "The Steam servers are too busy to process your request at this time". Boooooo

We can all agree that this patch fucked up the game pretty bad right? I have seen an influx of people RUNNING around corners and headshotting me single shot with rifles.
I've done that in 1.6, with the terrorist noob cannon. CS's biggest problem with its sniper rifles was the first shot was always deathly accurate, regardless of scope.

Last edited:
Back