Counter Strike: Global Offensive

I know how recoil works just didn't see the gun walk up in the video and in one frame the guy shot his little toe and it killed him.

Its called the pulldown method. Where to aim at the head and start shooting. After 3 bullets you start pulling down. If you dont pull down the gun will start rocking up from recoil. The spray patterns of the guns go up as well. Here is a prime example of the recoil and spray patterns In CS:S(which is similiar) when just spraying.

cs__source_rifle_info_by_h0lm-d30bdss.jpg
 
Maybe it's because I haven't played Source in years, but GO does not feel right at all.

The guns feel completely inaccurate. I was really shocked when I played it. I definitely regret spending the $10.
 
Maybe it's because I haven't played Source in years, but GO does not feel right at all.

The guns feel completely inaccurate. I was really shocked when I played it. I definitely regret spending the $10.

The guns handle a bit differently (some a lot), you'll get used to it.

There's also apparently some weapon / gunplay tweaks in the pipeline
 
Its insane to me that CS1.6 is still on steams top 5 games played daily. I loved 1.6 but I could never go back to playing it

Strange you mentioned that. For laughs, I installed this on an Atom/Ion nettop and it runs pretty well. ~100 pings on a tethered droid.


Starting in again on CS:GO was like hitting the pipe after being in NA for years.
Not to say that I'm any good, but it's fun.
 
After few games I loved CS:GO. Playing it every day now approx 2h. Hope it's going to be an official CS in upcoming 2013 WCG
 
The guns handle a bit differently (some a lot), you'll get used to it.

There's also apparently some weapon / gunplay tweaks in the pipeline

Yea, it feels a lot better now. Still though, I guess I don't like style of CS anymore. I like running and gunning. You can't really move and shoot because everything is so inaccurate when you are standing still.
 
I play CS:GO actually quite alot in competitive mode right now. I wonder if I have played with any of you guys!??! <-- bash LOL
 
The guns handle a bit differently (some a lot), you'll get used to it.

There's also apparently some weapon / gunplay tweaks in the pipeline

I hope so. Playing competitive is bullshit when the other team is either A- full of Auto snipers or B- rushing with the (o)P90
 
What rank are you guys? I've got 19 wins under my belt and I'm a 4 star. I ranked in at 4 star so I haven't moved in 9 wins but yeah


I was playing last night and we played this team who was only one rank above us and they were instant head shotting us around the corner. I don't know if it was good luck, bad lag on someone's end, or what but we couldn't even get a bullet out. Instant headshots even peeking. Through doors. You name it, it was ridiculous. We lost 5 - 16. It was bad, and I never do that bad
 
I just cannot fathom why there is still no silencer attachments on the USP or M4, CS pro mod has them...

How hard cant it be for an actual game studio to make 2 fucking models of a gun
 
I've been spending all of my time in Arms Race as I felt like a hindrance during the few objective-based games that I've played (Years of MMO play have caused my FPS skills to atrophy :eek:). Arms Race has been a lot of fun though so I may try the other modes if I'm able to work my way back up to being a useful addition to a team.
 
Anybody know how to save and select certain weapon/equipment combos in the buy screen like in source.

Currently buying what I need manually every time the round starts :confused:
 
Anybody know how to save and select certain weapon/equipment combos in the buy screen like in source.

Currently buying what I need manually every time the round starts :confused:

They havent made loadouts in the game yet. They probably wont. Only way to do it is with binds.
 
I just cannot fathom why there is still no silencer attachments on the USP or M4, CS pro mod has them...

How hard cant it be for an actual game studio to make 2 fucking models of a gun

It's more of a balancing issue they're having rather than not being able to make models...
 
It's more of a balancing issue they're having rather than not being able to make models...

I really, really think they're over thinking it.

They should just add the fucking thing and play the numbers tweaking game after
 
I really, really think they're over thinking it.

They should just add the fucking thing and play the numbers tweaking game after


Right, I agree, however I just wanted to point out that the people making this game aren't mouthbreathers. It has nothing to do with "model" issue, they are REALLY pushing this game to be the next big E-sports game so they're overthinking I think is a positive thing. Now they just need to think about nerfing auto sniper.........................
 
It's more of a balancing issue they're having rather than not being able to make models...

Right, I agree, however I just wanted to point out that the people making this game aren't mouthbreathers. It has nothing to do with "model" issue, they are REALLY pushing this game to be the next big E-sports game so they're overthinking I think is a positive thing. Now they just need to think about nerfing auto sniper.........................

The people making this game(Hidden Path) are mouth breathers. Silencers proved to affect the weapon negatively in some aspects. The only positive is that it helps CTs not be found as quick. Most maps are T sided so it helps CT teams be more balanced. I wouldnt count on silencers coming back or this being a big esports title.
 
The people making this game(Hidden Path) are mouth breathers. Silencers proved to affect the weapon negatively in some aspects. The only positive is that it helps CTs not be found as quick. Most maps are T sided so it helps CT teams be more balanced. I wouldnt count on silencers coming back or this being a big esports title.

This game is super fun, they are hardly mouthbreathers. And it's already a pretty big e-sports title... ESEA is in on it at least. It's doing just fine
 
This game is super fun, they are hardly mouthbreathers. And it's already a pretty big e-sports title... ESEA is in on it at least. It's doing just fine

As someone whos been apart of the beta since day 1 and still to this day they are blatantly ignoring the entire communities suggestions and bug reports. So yeah. Hidden Path was also responsible for killing Counter Strike: Source.

Just because leagues pick the title up doesnt make it a big esports title. It will never be the esports title that 1.6 and Source were being broadcasted on TV. This game is doing worse as far as total adoption rate compared to 1.6 and Source. Its pretty much following in the exact footsteps of Condition Zero.
 
As someone whos been apart of the beta since day 1 and still to this day they are blatantly ignoring the entire communities suggestions and bug reports. So yeah. Hidden Path was also responsible for killing Counter Strike: Source.

Just because leagues pick the title up doesnt make it a big esports title. It will never be the esports title that 1.6 and Source were being broadcasted on TV. This game is doing worse as far as total adoption rate compared to 1.6 and Source. Its pretty much following in the exact footsteps of Condition Zero.

If you're referring to CGS as "source being broadcasted on TV" I'd of rather that never happened. It destroyed and bastardized everything good about CS. I can't seem to recall any other time CS:S really had Air time.

I also fail to see how Valve/HPE have been ignoring the community. I'd gander that 70-80% of the fixes in the last 5 or 6 patches have been community suggestions/tweaks. If you're referring to the Valve forum community as well, they don't always know what's right. HPE has been taking their suggestions from the right people notables like j3di, Volcano and many other professional NA/EU players.
 
As someone whos been apart of the beta since day 1 and still to this day they are blatantly ignoring the entire communities suggestions and bug reports. So yeah. Hidden Path was also responsible for killing Counter Strike: Source.

Just because leagues pick the title up doesnt make it a big esports title. It will never be the esports title that 1.6 and Source were being broadcasted on TV. This game is doing worse as far as total adoption rate compared to 1.6 and Source. Its pretty much following in the exact footsteps of Condition Zero.

Also, you may already be aware, but the next big points of improvement from Valve/HPE is going to be with the recoil and movement. The game is too young and there's no way to accurately predict what future it's going to have. This is the first time Valve has ever reached out to it's competitive community for mass amounts of input, and have realized that this is what CS needs to succeed. They have their niche and they don't want to lose it, there's no room for CS in the land of juggernauts like BF and CoD.

If there's money the players/teams will come, regardless of how the game compares to 1.6 and even to a lesser extent Source historically.
 
If you're referring to CGS as "source being broadcasted on TV" I'd of rather that never happened. It destroyed and bastardized everything good about CS. I can't seem to recall any other time CS:S really had Air time.

I also fail to see how Valve/HPE have been ignoring the community. I'd gander that 70-80% of the fixes in the last 5 or 6 patches have been community suggestions/tweaks. If you're referring to the Valve forum community as well, they don't always know what's right. HPE has been taking their suggestions from the right people notables like j3di, Volcano and many other professional NA/EU players.

I wouldnt say CGS destroyed or bastardized the game. CGS was great in many ways and that was the Peak of all Esports. CGS didnt manage it well however.

Your more then welcome to read this and see where they blatantly ignore with threads even on that topic the people who run communities, servers, sell servers, and people who make mods for the game.

http://www.mail-archive.com/csgo_servers@list.valvesoftware.com/

The only argument ill use the steam forums in is when They claim that the community would tell us(Valve) when the game is ready for release. They announced the release date of August 21st and there were several large threads on steam forums as well as posts in the mailing list telling them the game was not at all ready.

They did take criticism from people for this game and still do. The thing is its a very very few people and hand picked. There is a private forum on steam forums in which these handpicked people can access and talk to the developers. Id say there might be 20-25 people that can access that forum that arent Valve employees but i dont have a definate number. If its not within that forum it has been ignored as seen on the mailing list and as i have been told by someone who is on that special forum access list.

Also, you may already be aware, but the next big points of improvement from Valve/HPE is going to be with the recoil and movement. The game is too young and there's no way to accurately predict what future it's going to have. This is the first time Valve has ever reached out to it's competitive community for mass amounts of input, and have realized that this is what CS needs to succeed. They have their niche and they don't want to lose it, there's no room for CS in the land of juggernauts like BF and CoD.

If there's money the players/teams will come, regardless of how the game compares to 1.6 and even to a lesser extent Source historically.
Its hard to tell what the big points of improvement are going to be even if Valve specifically said that. They dont even tell the people on the mailing list what the changelog is until the update is live. There is an update coming tomorrow so i guess we will see.

The game is young but the point is there are so many suggestions and things being reported that would make the game exponentially better then what it is now and its being ignored. The game is following the same road as Condition Zero and look how that turned out. Its hard to say what will happen but i can sure see what has and is happening now. If you want to see Valve reaching out to its community for mass amounts of input then you need to look at DOTA2. Because that isnt what is happening with CSGO.
 
Last edited:
I wouldnt say CGS destroyed or bastardized the game. CGS was great in many ways and that was the Peak of all Esports. CGS didnt manage it well however.

Your more then welcome to read this and see where they blatantly ignore with threads even on that topic the people who run communities, servers, sell servers, and people who make mods for the game.

http://www.mail-archive.com/csgo_servers@list.valvesoftware.com/

The only argument ill use the steam forums in is when They claim that the community would tell us(Valve) when the game is ready for release. They announced the release date of August 21st and there were several large threads on steam forums as well as posts in the mailing list telling them the game was not at all ready.

They did take criticism from people for this game and still do. The thing is its a very very few people and hand picked. There is a private forum on steam forums in which these handpicked people can access and talk to the developers. Id say there might be 20-25 people that can access that forum that arent Valve employees but i dont have a definate number. If its not within that forum it has been ignored as seen on the mailing list and as i have been told by someone who is on that special forum access list.


Its hard to tell what the big points of improvement are going to be even if Valve specifically said that. They dont even tell the people on the mailing list what the changelog is until the update is live. There is an update coming tomorrow so i guess we will see.

The game is young but the point is there are so many suggestions and things being reported that would make the game exponentially better then what it is now and its being ignored. The game is following the same road as Condition Zero and look how that turned out. Its hard to say what will happen but i can sure see what has and is happening now. If you want to see Valve reaching out to its community for mass amounts of input then you need to look at DOTA2. Because that isnt what is happening with CSGO.

Are they blatantly being ignored or are they taking their suggestions to heart but simply don't have enough man power/time to complete what is necessary? If there's glaring issues, I highly doubt that they are just ignoring their community, especially their GSP's but you never know...

As far as CGS bastardizing the game, I would say so. MR9 / 16K / Shorter Round time all took away from what makes CS exciting and dynamic. Even pugging / scrimming during this time period was bullshit, every D2 scrim you had three awpers picking mid-dd immediately. This was also at the height of bhopping's popularity so you had people in your bombsite or on the other side of the map when they weren't supposed to there. Granted we, the community, adapted and dealt with it but it still didn't do competitive CSS any good and it took the game years to fully recover after that. The Source community was never the same Post-CGS until roughly the 2009-2012 era and it died a quick death once GO was released.

Edit: A large difference between CS:GO and CZ in it's "prime" was that there was a fall back plan. People gave up on CZ and went back to 1.6, that's not going to happen in this day and age because sponsors don't want anything to do with 1.6 or Source. If CS:GO fails, competitive CS goes away forever. Valve knows this, HPE knows this and the intelligent people within the community know this. I don't think CSP can be a saving grace either, even if the latest beta is decent and their dev's are being paid. CSP will remain a niche, within a niche and never amount to anything great, at least imo. CS:GO is it, all our egg's are in their basket.
 
Last edited:
Are they blatantly being ignored or are they taking their suggestions to heart but simply don't have enough man power/time to complete what is necessary? If there's glaring issues, I highly doubt that they are just ignoring their community, especially their GSP's but you never know...

As far as CGS bastardizing the game, I would say so. MR9 / 16K / Shorter Round time all took away from what makes CS exciting and dynamic. Even pugging / scrimming during this time period was bullshit, every D2 scrim you had three awpers picking mid-dd immediately. This was also at the height of bhopping's popularity so you had people in your bombsite or on the other side of the map when they weren't supposed to there. Granted we, the community, adapted and dealt with it but it still didn't do competitive CSS any good and it took the game years to fully recover after that. The Source community was never the same Post-CGS until roughly the 2009-2012 era and it died a quick death once GO was released.
I would say blatantly being ignored from what i have been told by someone who does have direct contact with the dev team of the game. Some things are pretty important. Moreso then many of the things they have released in updates. MR9 was around before CGS. Many other leagues used it as well so you cannot fault CGS for that. Competitively Source died a fast death when HPE ported it to orange box. I think i got with some friends and tried to get a scrim on irc and it was just sad. Community wise the source is doing far better then CSGO.

I put about 300 hours into CSGO then went back and tried source and it really shows you how off the movement in csgo is.
 
I don't know man, I guess I just hear a lot of complaining from people that haven't put a lot of time into the game. You can't edit netcode, and I get that-that is frustrating, but I mean that really doesn't ruin the game. A lot of people's other arguments are "it just doesn't feel like CS", just not a valid argument. Like TheBlueChannell said they are taking a lot of people information into consideration but they can't just implement every single idea.

I understand what you're saying German, especially since you've put a lot of time into GO, but this still is the beginning of the game. I think a lot of positive benefits are coming.

What changes to movement are coming? I would like to read about upcoming fixes.
 
I don't know man, I guess I just hear a lot of complaining from people that haven't put a lot of time into the game. You can't edit netcode, and I get that-that is frustrating, but I mean that really doesn't ruin the game. A lot of people's other arguments are "it just doesn't feel like CS", just not a valid argument. Like TheBlueChannell said they are taking a lot of people information into consideration but they can't just implement every single idea.

I understand what you're saying German, especially since you've put a lot of time into GO, but this still is the beginning of the game. I think a lot of positive benefits are coming.

What changes to movement are coming? I would like to read about upcoming fixes.

the game is fun, It is CS its just not 100%. Alot of us guys on the mailing list are giving them crucial feedback to get it to that point and none of the devs will say a single word. Anyone can understand the frustration there. Especially when community operators are having a hard time with stuff and spending so much money hosting servers.

I will give valve credit for rolling back the dec 24th update that crippled every single non default server. That was a major engine change and broke every mod there was. They then deployed a beta update for the mod makers to test with.

I hope your right on positive benefits coming though.

If you and chanell want you can add me on steam and maybe we can play in CSGO.
 
I would say blatantly being ignored from what i have been told by someone who does have direct contact with the dev team of the game. Some things are pretty important. Moreso then many of the things they have released in updates. MR9 was around before CGS. Many other leagues used it as well so you cannot fault CGS for that. Competitively Source died a fast death when HPE ported it to orange box. I think i got with some friends and tried to get a scrim on irc and it was just sad. Community wise the source is doing far better then CSGO.

I put about 300 hours into CSGO then went back and tried source and it really shows you how off the movement in csgo is.

MR9 / 16K was not around prior to CGS. That rule set was crafted entirely by and for the CGS. CAL/CEVO both adopted MR9 to stay in feature parity with CGS but after it's demise quickly moved to an MR12 / 16K format and then back to our tried and true MR 15 / 800.

I can't recall, nor do I care what Europe was doing at the time but at least in the NA CSS scene, MR9 didn't bloom until the CGS created the rule set.

NA Source didn't die until the end of the last year. ESEA seasons 8-12 were highly competitive in both the Invite and Main divisions.
 
the game is fun, It is CS its just not 100%. Alot of us guys on the mailing list are giving them crucial feedback to get it to that point and none of the devs will say a single word. Anyone can understand the frustration there. Especially when community operators are having a hard time with stuff and spending so much money hosting servers.

I will give valve credit for rolling back the dec 24th update that crippled every single non default server. That was a major engine change and broke every mod there was. They then deployed a beta update for the mod makers to test with.

I hope your right on positive benefits coming though.

If you and chanell want you can add me on steam and maybe we can play in CSGO.

I'd love to bud. What's your steam name? I'm not the greatest but I have been playing a lot more lately. I think I have around 80 hours played.
 
MR9 / 16K was not around prior to CGS. That rule set was crafted entirely by and for the CGS. CAL/CEVO both adopted MR9 to stay in feature parity with CGS but after it's demise quickly moved to an MR12 / 16K format and then back to our tried and true MR 15 / 800.

I can't recall, nor do I care what Europe was doing at the time but at least in the NA CSS scene, MR9 didn't bloom until the CGS created the rule set.

NA Source didn't die until the end of the last year. ESEA seasons 8-12 were highly competitive in both the Invite and Main divisions.
Your right. I was thinking MR12. My bad. I dont pay to play games on a monthly basis so i dont ESEA.
I'd love to bud. What's your steam name? I'm not the greatest but I have been playing a lot more lately. I think I have around 80 hours played.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tbrown7552
 
I just bought this game during the Steam sale. Never played any of the originals surprisingly. Always intrigued by the gameplay.

Anyway, being a total freshman to the game, I played the tutorials and offline bots (on easy), and I could tell that this game will take time for me to be any good at.

I played some multiplayer and no surprise that I got my butt handed to me. Did OK in later matches though. Just curious if there is a beginners clan out there?
 
I just bought this game during the Steam sale. Never played any of the originals surprisingly. Always intrigued by the gameplay.

Anyway, being a total freshman to the game, I played the tutorials and offline bots (on easy), and I could tell that this game will take time for me to be any good at.

I played some multiplayer and no surprise that I got my butt handed to me. Did OK in later matches though. Just curious if there is a beginners clan out there?

honestly bud the best thing that you can do is add people you play with to your friends list that you enjoyed playing with. That's what I do and I've had a pretty good time so far
 
How different is this from Source? I just started playing that and still haven't gotten the whole when to spray/shoot/aim type thing down.
 
How different is this from Source? I just started playing that and still haven't gotten the whole when to spray/shoot/aim type thing down.

Id say a lot. When I move from cs go back to source I am headshotting everyone like nobodies business.
 
I just bought this game during the Steam sale. Never played any of the originals surprisingly. Always intrigued by the gameplay.

Anyway, being a total freshman to the game, I played the tutorials and offline bots (on easy), and I could tell that this game will take time for me to be any good at.

I played some multiplayer and no surprise that I got my butt handed to me. Did OK in later matches though. Just curious if there is a beginners clan out there?
If you want you can add me. I can show you quite a bit.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tbrown7552

Id say a lot. When I move from cs go back to source I am headshotting everyone like nobodies business.

This is exactly how it is for me.
 
honestly bud the best thing that you can do is add people you play with to your friends list that you enjoyed playing with. That's what I do and I've had a pretty good time so far

Yea, I created a rookie league for anyone that wants to just have fun. There is probably a few of them out there already, but feel free to join if there are any new players out there. Although Rookies or Vets are welcome. Right now its just me and a few friend invites.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGORL

Most of the players have been pretty cool. There are a few guys that take trash talking to that hate level, but its not as bad as when playing COD or other mainstream FPS.

If you want you can add me. I can show you quite a bit.

Thanks! I sent an friend invite. So far, just getting out there and playing real players has been the best. Even with my atrocious kill\death ratio. :eek:
 
Yea, I created a rookie league for anyone that wants to just have fun. There is probably a few of them out there already, but feel free to join if there are any new players out there. Although Rookies or Vets are welcome. Right now its just me and a few friend invites.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGORL

Most of the players have been pretty cool. There are a few guys that take trash talking to that hate level, but its not as bad as when playing COD or other mainstream FPS.

Yeah man most people can be pretty cool. It seems to be 2/3 a "mature" community, but hell, my team was winning 13 to 6 the other day and some moron got mad because I did one thing he didn't like and started verbally trying to attack me for a single mistake. I try to not feed into their bullshit, but sometimes the best thing you can do is prove them wrong and call them out. Most of the time they respond "Quit now fegget" or "eat a dick fuggut" or something equally as stupid. People are funny. I try to play with people I've played with in the past or real life friends. Luckily all my buds group up with PC gaming and played 1.6 so I never had to worry too much
 
Back
Top