Corsair H100i $69.99

This is an absolutely great cooler. I'm a big fan of these closed loop coolers, and I used to be fairly into custom loop "real" water cooling in the past. This does a pretty darn good job with the main advantage being that it takes such a small amount of space on the motherboard and doesn't require hassle; Whereas if you get something like a Noctua NH-D14 it is just a hulking monstrosity that is hard to work around and just way too large. In fact, having used the NH-D14...it was so large that it warped a slight bit and nearly covered some of my DIMM slots. I hate large coolers. So with the H100i, the CPU portion takes up basically no space and you redirect the cooler to a radiator area. It really does a great job at cooling and takes up essentially zero space on the motherboard itself. Love the thing, and I paid over 100$ for mine. The obvious caveat being that it doesn't fit all cases, but if it does...it's awesome.

Anyway. Long winded explanation. Great deal, great cooler. :) Thanks for posting, might pick another up.

That is a great deal on an excellent cooler. I don't need another at the moment, but it's almost worth picking up a spare for my next build. Hmmmm...

This is an absolutely great cooler...it takes such a small amount of space on the motherboard and doesn't require hassle; Whereas if you get something like a Noctua NH-D14 it is just a hulking monstrosity that is hard to work around and just way too large.

I loved working with the D14 to simply say I had installed a few and know how they run. They are amazing air coolers. But I agree, I would do a loop like this all day every day compared to that chunk of metal. Again, like you said, WITH the right case.

Edit/Question: Are the i models much different if at all from the original other thank the link system?

Last edited:
I may end up getting this now since it's the same price as the Noctua and then I'll spend a little extra to replace the noisy stock fans with new/quieter fans.

I remember paying that much for the H50's that I still have in two systems. Sweet price.

i'm not sure if newer asrock motherboards are like this, but be aware that this will not mount with sufficient pressure if used with an asrock z68 extreme3 gen3 mobo. you'll need some washers or o-rings. as for the cooler's performance; absolutely phenomenal. if you get one that doesn't have a noisy pump, this thing is near dead silent on the quiet preset. my 2500k never goes over 60 C, regardless of load. i think the loudest things in my computer at this point are my older mechanical hard drives.

Are your temps higher than you would like them, or are you trying to get a bigger OC? If not and your current setup works fine then why bother.

I loved working with the D14 to simply say I had installed a few and know how they run. They are amazing air coolers. But I agree, I would do a loop like this all day every day compared to that chunk of metal. Again, like you said, WITH the right case.

Edit/Question: Are the i models much different if at all from the original other thank the link system?

I think the only thing the "i" model adds is more software control for the fans and what-not; the original H100 had a button on the water block itself which you could press to change fan settings. Whereas the H100i has software control if you want to use it.

The software control is completely optional, you can still control via PWM and hardware/BIOS if i'm not mistaken. It's up to you really. I'd say if you can get an H100 vanilla for really cheap, go for it, but those models have been out of production for some time. Might be difficult to find, as it was replaced completely by the h100i and h110 models.

Great price. Pain in the ass install, so much more hassle vs h80 types

i'm not sure if newer asrock motherboards are like this, but be aware that this will not mount with sufficient pressure if used with an asrock z68 extreme3 gen3 mobo. you'll need some washers or o-rings. as for the cooler's performance; absolutely phenomenal. if you get one that doesn't have a noisy pump, this thing is near dead silent on the quiet preset. my 2500k never goes over 60 C, regardless of load. i think the loudest things in my computer at this point are my older mechanical hard drives.

Yeah I ended up going to the hardware store for rubber washers. Only cost me a couple of bucks and the fit was perfect

I have an asus z87 mobo by the way

FWIW...Shipping is $11-12 depending on carrier for 2-6 day delivery

You can always try ordering from Amazon and then do a live chat to request a price match.

If you guys are new customers you can try this code:
NEWCUSTOMER10INSTANT022014
Not sure if it works but $10 off $75 Instant

Or if your buying more ($150):
NEWCUSTOMER20GC022014 For $20 Ncix GC

Both are pre tax.

Last edited:
if i replace this on an exisiting h70 setup will i notice any difference?

They always have a sale on these things when i've already gotten my cooler...:D
I went with the 110 version though, so happy anyhow.

Both my Asus and Asrock need washers to make a tight seat, otherwise, the thing is loose. The mounting mechanism is made to fit better with thicker PCB motherboards, since the Asus and Asrock PCB motherboards are so thin, it creates space. Haven't tried it on other brands of boards, but Asus and Asrock do have this glitch.

$80 after rebate H110:D

I don't like the mounting mechanism of the H110 (similar to H70). They should make it like the H100 or H100i (or other similar models).

Both my Asus and Asrock need washers to make a tight seat, otherwise, the thing is loose. The mounting mechanism is made to fit better with thicker PCB motherboards, since the Asus and Asrock PCB motherboards are so thin, it creates space. Haven't tried it on other brands of boards, but Asus and Asrock do have this glitch.

I don't like the mounting mechanism of the H110 (similar to H70). They should make it like the H100 or H100i (or other similar models).

The original H60 sits fine on my Asus P8Z77I-Deluxe without any extra stuff. I wouldn't think they redesigned the hold down between coolers.
H100 and H80 also fit fine on my Msi Z68 and Z77 boards I had when I used a 600T

dayum thanks i never thought i could do that . I know fry"s have this kind of service but i nerver asked them

I have never once got amazon to price match anything, and I've tried countless times. They always regurgitate their "we always strive for competitive pricing but we don't price match" policy.

Great price on the h100i for sure though.

Owned a H100i. Cooled my 4770k but the pump had a nice ticking sound. Googling appears that its a known issue. Ended up returning it and went with a XSPC/EK system.

Owned a H100i. Cooled my 4770k but the pump had a nice ticking sound. Googling appears that its a known issue. Ended up returning it and went with a XSPC/EK system.

yeah, shame these units suffer from quality control issues. the perfect ones are absolutely excellent. seems that's how things are starting to go nowadays.

Yup, absolutely beautiful and easy way to water cool your CPU. Quality control is an issue though, but like you said, it's a widespread issue. Mine was a ticker and also noticed that when it first booted sounded like a hurricane. Kept my CPU in the mid 20's.

Yup, absolutely beautiful and easy way to water cool your CPU. Quality control is an issue though, but like you said, it's a widespread issue. Mine was a ticker and also noticed that when it first booted sounded like a hurricane. Kept my CPU in the mid 20's.

oh it always maxes out the fan rpm on boot, regardless of your profiles

I have one of these on my 4770k. The thing hardly reaches 98F at load.

Keep in mind, the fans Corsair includes with this are total crap. Noisiest damn things I've ever owned, the motor noise at low RPM's is like a powered crab pot winch. I bought 2 SP120's to replace them, and I'm not convinced they're all that great either; I think one is already spinning off balance. Having gotten the cooler on a deal like this though I wasn't that cranky about having to replace the fans.

There is a limit to the power output from the Corsair link. Make sure you read up on it before buying non-corsair fans to replace the steaming junk ones they include with this absolutely amazing low profile, closed loop cooler. It works VERY well considering it's size.

I have one of these on my 4770k. The thing hardly reaches 98F at load.

Keep in mind, the fans Corsair includes with this are total crap. Noisiest damn things I've ever owned, the motor noise at low RPM's is like a powered crab pot winch. I bought 2 SP120's to replace them, and I'm not convinced they're all that great either; I think one is already spinning off balance. Having gotten the cooler on a deal like this though I wasn't that cranky about having to replace the fans.

There is a limit to the power output from the Corsair link. Make sure you read up on it before buying non-corsair fans to replace the steaming junk ones they include with this absolutely amazing low profile, closed loop cooler. It works VERY well considering it's size.

have you found a fan setup that you do like?

use the fans it comes with and if they don't suit you buy new ones. personally, the fans i received are completely silent. he either has higher standards than i do (doubtful) or got bad fans.

use the fans it comes with and if they don't suit you buy new ones. personally, the fans i received are completely silent. he either has higher standards than i do (doubtful) or got bad fans.

The stock H100i fans are not silent at full speed or at 7V, no matter how subjectively one chooses to define the word. They are not just audible, but also have a rough bearing noise which doesn't go away even when they are slowed down to 5V. I switched to 2x Noctua NF-F12s running off the motherboard CPU fan PWM header and am very happy with the performance. The NF-F12s are not silent either, but much quieter, and the tonal quality of the noise is not bothersome to me.

have you found a fan setup that you do like?

I'm still using the SP120's despite the one that annoys me. I have my case side removed so I can whack it when the one starts buzzing... lol

At some point I'll hassle Corsair about it and hopefully they'll replace it.

At medium the motor noise is acceptable, but they are really whooshing a crapload of air. The real problem with them is there is no silent mode. When they're running at low RPM the motor noise is atrocious. At mid/high they sound mostly like any other high pressure fans, I just don't want a computer that always sounds like a jet engine.

it's funny reading all the great reviews people are leaving on here. Because, these break all the time at my work and people smell like piss all day.

Edit: actually it was the h80i. But still; closed loop watercooling isn't that great.

Back