Corsair Graphite Series 600T mid-tower gaming case

Very interested in this case, but I hate fan LED's. Is there really no way to shut them off? If not is it possible to replace the 200mm fans with non-LED ones?

We will look at selling upgrade kits for the fans if people want higher-RPM or non-LED fans or fans with different colored LEDs in them. Right now there are some other 200mm fans on the market and some of them might work in the place of the fans included with the 600T.

Cut the LED's off?
Simple way if you really don't want them on there.
I wish we could attach them to a switch though, that would be sweet.

Cut the LED's off?
Simple way if you really don't want them on there.
I wish we could attach them to a switch though, that would be sweet.
I've never had a fan with LED's so I'm not sure if this is a viable solution. I guess it would depend if they are wired in series or parallel with the fan motor.

We will look at selling upgrade kits for the fans if people want higher-RPM or non-LED fans

Is there a particular reason why Corsair chose not to give buyers of the 600T a choice of being able to switch the LED's on or off?

You mention upgrade kits for the fans, which will obviously cost money, so I can only assume it's just a way of cashing in a bit more?

It's just a shame that people are going to have to spend more on different fans, or possibly void any warranty by disabling the LED's somehow.

I've just recently started considering this case as an option for my next build (was previously looking at the new Lian-Li PC-9F) but I agree that those LEDs would have to be disabled somehow. It would be a disappointment to be forced to purchase new fans just to have a non blinged case.

Last edited:
Redbeard - any chance of fitting @ stock or by doing a slight mod on the 600T to fit an SR-2? (ignoring the lower amount of accessible PCIe slots)
Obviously I've seen the 700D SR-2 mod, wondered if something similar might be possible with the 600T. :) Just wondered if there's enough internal room there. (trying to figure out now but you'd probably know for sure)

It must really require some tough decisions and a lot of sleepless nights when a business like Corsair decides to bring a product to market. Obviously the more product they sell the more likely they are to recover the enormous investment it takes to design, build, and market a product like the 600T and even make a little money for their stockholders. Therefore, they have every incentive in the world to market a product that satisfies the most people. I am glad I do not have to make the decisions that decide what is the best compromise for appelaing to the most people. Just following this thread is fascinating proof of the old adage that you can't please all the people all the time. Things like deciding upon the color of the case, the materials used, dimensions, side windows, fans, size of the mesh etc., must be an overwhelming challange for the design team.

I do not like bling, either on computer cases or women (save for an elegant string of pearls). Fans with lights is nothing but ugly bling, in my opinion, but obviously not in everybodys opinion. However, it is really a very minor consideration and simply does not matter when deciding what case to buy. Based on the pictures the lights really are not overwhelming and it is easy and inexpensive to change the fans. I might change the fans on my 600T but only if they are too noisy and/or do not move a sufficient amount of air.

Well ideally it's going to be broken down by family.

Obsidian Series - 800D / 700D
Graphite Series - 600T

We are keeping our options open in both directions for both families, and we're always looking at expanding the families, too. But sales have to justify it. HTPC cases, for example, sell in tiny, tiny quantities, but there seem to be tons of them on the market. Why? Somebody thinks it's a good idea and there will eventually be a rush on them.

That being said, it's possible there might be an Obsidian 900D or 600D, it's possible there might be a Graphite 700T or 500T, and it's possible there might be a third or fourth family, in time.

These things are all on the table - we have ruled nothing out.

If there are enough people that want to buy something, we'll try and make it.

My job is to ask you what you want to buy, then build it and sell it to you.

The reason I'm here is to get the answers, but that's just part of my job.

Oooh, a 900D would be sexy and might be worth an upgrade for me. Particularly if it offered more radiator space on the inside without having to resort to using a dremel. :) I think it would compete head to head with the upcoming TJ-11, Silverstone's new monster quad-gpu capable flagship case.

If you really hate the LEDs, you can clip the wires to them and use the fans without them.

So....excited...can't....wait... I keep hearing the really nice things about this case over and over.
The bad things really aren't that big of a deal to me. I don't plan on any water-cooling, and even then it wouldn't be too bad, the LED's don't bug me, and frankly, even though its plastic, its tough, and it looks good.

This is my Sandy Bridge/Bulldozer case, it's absolutely perfect for me, a roomy mid tower with excellent cable management, I can't wait!! :D

I just have a question about the 200mm fans, if I feel they're too loud or the LED's too bright, could I replace them with smaller, quieter ones like the Noctua 140mm

Will the mounting holes support smaller fans?

That recently-linked review raised one question: if we choose to move the drive bay(s) closer to the PSU (as has even been suggested as a possibility in the Corsair presentation at Computex), is there a way to secure the bay to the floor of the case, so it won't shuffle around when and if we transport the case?

Last edited:
Hmmm, random question: how difficult would it be to install a 2x120mm radiator into the bottom of the case in front of the power supply location?

That recently-linked review raised one question: if we choose to move the drive bay(s) closer to the PSU (as has even been suggested as a possibility in the Corsair presentation at Computex), is there a way to secure the bay to the floor of the case, so it won't shuffle around when and if we transport the case?

Yes, there are mounting holes in the floor of the case and a the thumbscrews provided will secure the drive bay to the bottom.

Fantastic! Thanks for clearing that up. I'm even more eager for my case to arrive--if that's possible. :D

I just have a question about the 200mm fans, if I feel they're too loud or the LED's too bright, could I replace them with smaller, quieter ones like the Noctua 140mm

Will the mounting holes support smaller fans?

All things being equal, larger fans are generally quieter than smaller fans for the same amount of air flow. I think it is unlikely you will find quieter smaller fans with the same total capacity to move air.

If the lights are too bright for you, just cut the wires to the LEDs. From the pictures I've seen, I don't think it will much matter.

One of the many features that contributed to my decision to buy the 600T is the large 200mm fans. I feel my system will be much quieter using the larger fans.

Just took a gander at that LegitReviews review and wow this thing looks like it's built like a tank. Looks very solid and has some amazing features. What really got me was the $160 price point! Amazing mid-tower. I'd immediately replace the 200mm fans with some by NZXT or something. I don't like a ton of light radiating from my rigs. :p

You're right; I preordered my case with Amazon, so I'm still a bit in the dark as to when I'll be expecting mine.

:(

Correction: Newegg.com now has Corsair 600Ts "In stock".
I wonder if we can reasonably assume Amazon.com will have their units within the next couple days?

Last edited:
Newegg changed my order from "Hold" to "Charged" today. I suspect this means they intend to ship it very soon.

It will be available by the end of the year, we have a window and mesh version. They might ship in the same box and be user swappable. More info as it develops, working on tools now.

^^ I cancelled my preorder with Amazon and went with Newegg. I'm getting a bit antsy for my case, since I've had my new computer components sitting on my work desk for several weeks. Newegg just reduced their shipping a bit, too.

^^ I cancelled my preorder with Amazon and went with Newegg. I'm getting a bit antsy for my case, since I've had my new computer components sitting on my work desk for several weeks. Newegg just reduced their shipping a bit, too.

Big spender:p I'm not willing to forgo the 143.00 price I paid from Amazon. Good luck!

I'm in the same position but I think I'll just stick it out with Amazon. I'm an Amazon Prime member and the $4 overnight shipping and the $143 cost of the case is just too good to pass up. I've had all the components for my build up and running caseless on my bench for a few weeks now. It will be nice to give them a home when the Corsair 600t shows up but until that time I'll just be careful about where I spill my beer LOL. With Civ V coming out on Tuesday I may never have gotten around to installing everything in the case anyhow.

Newegg.com is taking their sweet time shipping it out, anyway, even with the Rush Processing.

I thought I read in the Tech Report that Newegg won't have the cases till the 23rd.

Here is a quote from the article:

"Corsair hasn't actually released this puppy into the wild yet—Newegg currently quotes a September 23 availability date—but it shipped us one to pick and apart and study earlier this month."

My case with Newegg has "Shipped". I have a tracking number, with an expected delivery date of the 20th. I think the assumption that cases from Newegg won't ship until next week is false, as such.

Back