Corsair: 650D

I love love love that fan controller.
You won't be disappointed.

oh, just looked that up. looks really nice. might have to return my nzxt sentry lx, i haven't been all that pleased with it. it just looked so pretty...

Any of you guys with dead fan controllers, we'll gladly replace them.

Out of curiosity, what fans do you guys plug into it? Just the stock fans?

I'd be curious to know if there's some similarity (like if you're all using AP-15s or something).

Mine seems to be on its way out, I PM'd you today.

I have the two stock 200mm fans and the stock 120mm rear fan plugged into it. Last night I noticed that all 3 fans were off. I used my finger to spin the two 200mm fans and they started up again and have been running since (~10 hours now), but the 120mm fan wouldn't start. When I switched the controller setting from low to medium it still didn't, but when I switched it to high it started up. They are all running now on high, but I would guess the controller is on its way out.

Would the fan controller on the 650d be be capable of running 3 or 4 San Ace H1011s (not the h101)?

i'm curious to see how you guys managed the cables on the back. this is where i had the hardest time. looks super clean up front, but i had a very hard time getting all the cables down without the side panel bowing. maybe my 24pin power cord is just too thick... maybe i'll take the sleeve off it so i can spread it thin. i couldn't move my hdd caddies either because it made the problem significantly worse. i will need to find a fix for this when my fans get here because i am not putting them back.

Here's the back of mine:

142x9gk.jpg

is there a place to buy cables that hook up directly to a modular psu? my sata power and 4 pin power cords that came with my psu are all 4 on one cord. i think it might be part of the problem.

nvm... found i can easily take them apart and i think i'm going to try and make all my cables custom length and do my first individual sleeving.

Last edited:
If you don't take it out, then underneath the bottom internal hard drive caddy, there's room to stuff cables down there. That might help as well. It did for me. You just have to do a little planning when hooking all your cables up, so that you don't have a whole lot of cables criss-crossing each other adding unnecessary bulk to that side.

Would the fan controller on the 650d be be capable of running 3 or 4 San Ace H1011s (not the h101)?

The fan controller on the 650D barely handles the fans it comes with, so despite not being familiar with those fans, I'm going to say, probably not.

If you don't take it out, then underneath the bottom internal hard drive caddy, there's room to stuff cables down there. That might help as well. It did for me. You just have to do a little planning when hooking all your cables up, so that you don't have a whole lot of cables criss-crossing each other adding unnecessary bulk to that side.

yeah, that is what i am currently doing and why cable management is so hard without the hdd caddies there.

I still haven't been able to find any specs for the fan controller, so maybe someone with that knowledge could help me out (hem hem Redbeard, lol). Here's some more info for the fan's I want to run.

Model No 109R1212H1011
Manufacturer Sanyo Deki Co ltd., Japan
Size 120mm x 120mm x38mm
Rated Voltage (V) 12 DC
Operating Range 10.2 – 13.8
Rated current (A) 0.52A
Rated input (W) 6.24
Rotaing speed (min-1) 2,600
Air flow (m3/min) (102.4 CFM)
Static pressure (Pa) 64.7 Pa (0.260inchH2O)
Noise (dB[A]) 39
Mass (g 330
Bearing Type Dual Ball Bearing
Life Expectancy-MTBF 40,000 Hrs

Would I be able to run three of those and one Cooler Master MegaFlow 200 with the onboard fan controller (I have the newer model 650d if it makes a difference) without frying it?? And what are the voltage ratings for the three settings of the controller? Thanks to anyone who is able to answer this (with facts) for me!!

Like Daggah said, probably not. I have the two stock 200mm fans and the stock rear 120mm fan and the stock fan controller is failing. I've had the case since mid December of last year and have had them running on low the whole time. That means it lasted all of 3 months running on low. The fans will no longer run if the controller is set to low or medium, so I have to run them on high until I hear back from Corsair about a replacement.

You might have to e-mail tech support for your facts, the Corsair website doesn't include tech specs for the controller. The controller going out seems to be a fairly common problem (Google 650D fan controller), so if you want to replace all the stock fans and add an additional fan, maybe you'd be better off getting a controller for them as well.

Last edited:
Here's a few pics of mine...I clipped the the USB 3.0 and the 1934 cables as I had nowhere to shove them and they will probably never be used anyway , as for the fan controller..Its worked flawless from day one...with 3 Cooler Master SickleFlow 120's and I'm adding a BitFenix Spectre Pro 2mm tomorrow...so we'll see what happens.

I love this case even though it has some issues. The top bay sliding door broke on my first case, so Corsair replaced the whole case lol.

snc10050.jpg

snc10052.jpg

snc10056.jpg

you didn't have to cut them. if you take the front panel off then take apart the box that all the front panel connectors run to they come out very easily with no damage.

did it with my 1934 cable. took out my fan controller and sata cables for top port too because i got a nzxt sentry lx and didn't need the controller and i fit my phone dock into the sata drawer.

i'm not going to post any pics until my sleeving is done and i get my second 580. it's gonna be awhile.

contemplating a mesh side panel too. they look really nice, but i really like the window too.

started on making my wires custom length before i order the sleeves and was able to move the hdd caddy now. makes a huge difference.

my psu is semi modular... you think it would be okay too cut the wires out from the non modular cords i don't need?

you didn't have to cut them. if you take the front panel off then take apart the box that all the front panel connectors run to they come out very easily with no damage.

did it with my 1934 cable. took out my fan controller and sata cables for top port too because i got a nzxt sentry lx and didn't need the controller and i fit my phone dock into the sata drawer.

i'm not going to post any pics until my sleeving is done and i get my second 580. it's gonna be awhile.

contemplating a mesh side panel too. they look really nice, but i really like the window too.

started on making my wires custom length before i order the sleeves and was able to move the hdd caddy now. makes a huge difference.

my psu is semi modular... you think it would be okay too cut the wires out from the non modular cords i don't need?
Ah well...my bad, I think Corsair sells them for $14..if I ever need one. And I spoke too soon, my fan controller died this morning :(

Last edited:
Spoke with Corsair customer support today and they said they'd replace my fan controller, I just had to file the RMA form. They have great customer service!

People who have cut out the front mesh, does it dramatically reduce the noise of the front fan?

Last edited:
huh, i just installed my spectre pro 200mm about 2 hours ago. you are kinda making me regret not choosing the red. it would have matched my system but i have a thing against clear plastic and leds. but that looks really nice.

for those of you who cut the mesh out, what did you used to rubberize the edges?

Last edited:
i have a project idea... maybe someone else has done this and can give some insight.

i wan't to take the face off my optical drive, attach one of the 650d inserts to the drawer and w/e cutting is necessary to make it flush and open and close without snagging. only down side is no physical eject button... not really a downside for me as i always use the one on my keyboard anyway.

well... never mind on that project insight.

i did it... it was really easy.

just used dremel to cut off and smooth out all the backing leaving just the thin front piece. took off front plate and drawer plate of drive and super glued case piece to the drawer.

works perfect, looks like there is no drive at all and you can't tell i did anything.

thinking i will try and put some kind of bracket to support it to the drawer better. but i don't know how i would do that.

yeah, i know i post a lot in here... pics of finished drive:

25i50gj.jpg

f1dqpz.jpg

33mamf7.jpg

1tn678.jpg

i sent back my sentry lx an ordered a lamptron fc touch instead, will put it in the top slot when it gets here.

25i50gj.jpg

f1dqpz.jpg

33mamf7.jpg

1tn678.jpg

i sent back my sentry lx an ordered a lamptron fc touch instead, will put it in the top slot when it gets here.

That looks great and gives great inspiration! Thanks!

I'm not brave enough to do that lo...nice job though. Does anyone have an idea what could go in the top bay ? the one with the sliding door on top of the case.

I'm not using the fan controller and I'll never use the HD swap thingy...just need something to fill up that hole.

I'm strongly considering buying this case to replace my ancient Lian Li PC-65, and this thread has been a valuable resource to me. I was wondering if anyone can confirm that this case comes with no internal LED lights? It doesn't seem to but I read a review about it having blue lights that light up the whole case. I was thinking of getting an Antec TriCool 120mm blue LED fan and put it in the back, to light up the inside.

Also, do I need to be on the lookout for the -1 UPC code (fan controller problem) and chipped paint on the front, or are those a thing of the past? The posts I've read which discussed those two problems were from last June. Thanks.

Last edited:
Well i can't really comment on the fan controller, i took mine out right away. I got my case last month and didn't have negative experiences with it at all. No paint chips or anything. It does not come with any leds.

Thanks for that information. Does the case still come with external USB 3.0 connectors instead of a motherboard header connector?

That's disappointing but not a deal-breaker. Back in the posts I was reading from June they were talking about a fix for this being in the works, I guess it never happened.

To be honest, there were some other priorities and we're kind of resource limited. We do have something in the works, it's just been a race to finish stuff like the 550D and 300R, and other things planned for later on this year.

Fear not, we'll offer a solution soon.

If we have to pay for the solution then I'd just as soon order one of the adapters that's currently available. Either way, I've decided to buy the 650D, going to pick it up tonight. Thanks to everyone in this thread, I spent hours reading through it. I'll post photos of my system when I get everything installed.

Last edited:
i've been rocking an Antec 900 for a long time.... debating on if i should upgrade to this case. my cable management sucks right now and my psu is not modular. actually worth the upgrade? better off getting a modular psu instead?

I ended up buying the 650D and an Antec Tricool 120MM fan. I realized afterward that this fan has no 3 pin connector, it's an OEM model that only has it's own 3 speed switch and a molex power connector. I was wondering what most people do, do they use the case's fan controller for all their case fans, or do they plug any of them into the motherboard? I'm trying to decide how valuable that 3 pin connector is, if I should return this fan and get a more expensive one with the right connector. I've never dealt with case fans before, just used the stock fans that came with my last Lian Li case.

This Obsidian case seems to be great quality, no paint chips and it did have the -1 revision on the UPC code. I'm going to put it together tomorrow, looking forward to it. The way the front panel hatch door slowly opens after you push it is real slick.

such as . . .

how bout just tease us with the category the products belong in.
or when this year they'll be announced.
or both.

Can't comment on unannounced products, sorry man.

We've got stuff planned for all our product categories.

i've been rocking an Antec 900 for a long time.... debating on if i should upgrade to this case. my cable management sucks right now and my psu is not modular. actually worth the upgrade? better off getting a modular psu instead?

I was in the same boat. I used an antec 900 for a long time. When i picked up my i5 2500k, i decided to get a new case and saw a great deal on fleabay for a corsair 650d. Never knew about this thread and decided to buy it anyway. What a great decision.

Your psu wont need to be modular as you can hide EVERYTHING behind the bottom plate. Having a modular PSU helps, but isnt necessary for this case.

I dont have a pic of my cable management, but if one would look inside the case window, they would see the beauty of the parts without the mess of any cables. And this view would be true with a modular psu or not.

Back