Corsair: 650D

For thoughs who purchased the mesh side panel, does it drop temps enough to justify the $23 shipping to Canada?.....

I freaking missed the free cdn shipping last year by 2 days, but summer heats making me rethink the need for it.
i dunno if it's worth it for that. i recently put one in with a 200mm spectre pro and am kind of disappointed. i liked the look of the window better and this doesn't seem to give that much of an improvement that i can see...

your ssd is mounted in the exact same place as mine, i drilled holes and used screw however. it will mount flush if you pull out the grommet right next to it.

yea i drilled mine there too but cut into the grommet on the left so that it fit in there nice and snug

ah, you put em in the back then. i drilled mine in the side lip. didn't consider doing that with the grommet, think i'm going to do it next time i have my case open.

Yea i thought i would look a lot cleaner and hide the cables still than if i took it out.

I just had a look at your's and its brilliant!

Just wondering, any 650D owner reversed their top 200mm fan?
Once I install my h80, it just seems to make more sens to have 2x200mm intake, the h80 in the back + gpu as outake

Alright installed a Bitfenix Alchemy LED strip this morning and took some new pictures.
Also got a new replacement front from corsair for free which was awesome of them when
I only asked how to restore its colour. Anyway i need to snap some shots when its darker tonight for the full effect of the lights but i think it looks awesome already. Check em out and let me know what you think :)

Looks better in RL the light hit it too much its actually nice and dark
7248466616_f118e3f841_z.jpg

7248463882_f9cbd3e8d5_z.jpg

Hidden lights and hid the wire too connecting it

7248459366_e0bf81bf92_z.jpg

7248438678_b406d11762_c.jpg

Hidden HDD's
7248443952_f500f41809_c.jpg

7248453928_c9337c4120_c.jpg

7248456660_001c0c1a85_c.jpg

I'll get a better one in the night..
7248430958_1d03798dc6_c.jpg

Sorry for picture spam too

i think i am almost done, until i decide to do water cooling that is...
the switch did go to the fan on the side panel (a 200mm spectre pro white led) but the fan was defective and i don't think i am going to keep the mesh side panel on. going to get some white cold cathodes to hook up to it instead and see how i like that. i tend to not like case lights in general so we will see.

here are updated pics:

29qjp0x.jpg

33thzeb.jpg

2yl1sls.jpg

took off green painted geforce logo on cards and painted ends of sli bridge so they aren't orange
2dvq0sx.jpg

2hi1klg.jpg

decided i like it without the grommet
bg8o5x.jpg

made a logo to cover up fan stickers
rcvcc4.jpg

a better look at the stickers
2yvtf1f.jpg

replace fc touch with an fc 5v2. the lights look purple in the pic but they are very much white.
vyb66a.jpg

and yes, i need a better camera.

that was explained in the post, it was hooked up to an led fan on the side panel but i'm taking the fan out, im going to hook it up to some cold cathodes instead and see how i like it.

you gotta one up me.. haha looks awesome dude :D
What have you used to pad the bottom with? have you done it to cover the holes?

Just waiting for some stuff to come in stock and then finals will be added to mine. Another LED strip and some red braided cables! :D

lol, sorry

it's some sound foam stuff that was offered as a 2 dollar extra when buying something else from frozen cpu. and yes, i basically did it just to make things look cleaner.

i think after trying out the cold cathodes i will be done until water cooling time... but that's what i said the last few times too >_>

anyone have any ideas on where i should put the cold cathodes? got them today and wired them to the switch and the wires from the transformer are very short so i didn't bother trying to place them just yet.

i just placed them both here for now:

28ssoxe.jpg

Thinking about replacing my P182 with the 650D. I plan to get the side mesh panel and get 3 Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm for the side, front, and top.

What do you guys think about this cooling setup?

my name normally they look good with one on the bottom and one on the left side on your picture.

Coolguy i heard that the bitfenix 200mms are louderd than the coolermaster megaflows 200mm. I have megaflows in red and really quiet

Oops had a front panel USB 3.0 problem but it turned out to probably be a driver issue. Apparently the front panel is a USB hub and not just some ports. Got it working by using a different header on my mobo.

Last edited:
Hmm, I didn't solve my problem after all. Has anyone had trouble with the front USB 3.0 ports? With mine it will either complain that the 3.0 device can operate faster on a different port or it will say the drive needs formatting before it can be used. Then sometimes it just won't show up in Windows Explorer at all. And then very rarely it will just plain work. I'm wondering if it's a driver issue, apparently there's a USB hub in the front panel.

Hmm, I didn't solve my problem after all. Has anyone had trouble with the front USB 3.0 ports? With mine it will either complain that the 3.0 device can operate faster on a different port or it will say the drive needs formatting before it can be used. Then sometimes it just won't show up in Windows Explorer at all. And then very rarely it will just plain work. I'm wondering if it's a driver issue, apparently there's a USB hub in the front panel.
I wouldn't know, mine are tucked up in a 5.25" bay, all ziptied together... It does, however, sound like a driver issue. What motherboard are you using?

I wouldn't know, mine are tucked up in a 5.25" bay, all ziptied together... It does, however, sound like a driver issue. What motherboard are you using?
I'm using a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H and I installed the Intel USB 3.0 driver from the website of the motherboard. The USB 3.0 ports on the back of the board work fine, it's just the front panel ports that are a problem.

I'm using a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H and I installed the Intel USB 3.0 driver from the website of the motherboard. The USB 3.0 ports on the back of the board work fine, it's just the front panel ports that are a problem.

I just started building my UD5H in this case, I'll let you know if I have any issues with the USB 3.0 front panel ports. What header are you plugging them into?

Heres my 650D, Nothing special on the cables, But I guess its decent ;)

img0733va.jpg

Is that 200mm front intake fan a "COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 R4-LUS-07AB-GP" ? I have the same fan and it is measured at 200mm x 200mm x 30mm. My only issue is that the hard drive trays do not fit loosely while next to the Coolermaster. In your picture is doesn't look like the drive caddys are bending to the left at all. The cooler master fan is too wide and my hard drive trays are shifted to the left (towards the power supply) when I make them fit.

I'm thinking of buying a 200mm x 200mm x 20mm fan with LEDs or just installing the original fan.

The specs for the original are
• Fan Speed: 1000RPM
• Air Flow: Up to 92 CFM
• Noise: 28.8dBA
• Bearing: Sleeve

The replacement BitFenix Spectre LED 200mm Fan - Blue (BFF-BLF-20020B-RP) doesn't push out nearly half as much as the Original Corsair and Cooler master fans.

Are there other recommendations besides filing down the Cooler Master fan?

I had read from some people that they modified the hard drive cage and sawed off the bend lip of metal that would touch the Cooler Master fan.

Last edited:
I've finished routing my cables as good as they're gonna get, ready to post some before/after photos. I plan to upgrade my mobo/cpu/ram/heatsink next month so I should have some black SATA cables to replace these orange ones at that point, and will try to do the cables a little better. The components are identical between the before/after, only the case has changed.

Before (Lian Li case I bought in 2002)
IMGP5366a.jpg

Your old 2002 Lian Li case was the same exact one that I had so many years ago. That mid-tower was a cable nightmare and there weren't many places to hide the cables. Back then, in seemed like the only thing to improve cable management was to own a Full tower for the extra room.

Things look a lot better now! 100% improvement!

done. i opted for the silverstone slot load bay instead of the stealth bay i made because i was an idiot and tried to take the front panel off without taking the dirve out first and the front came off the drive. i couldn't get it back on flush and i wanted to use that bluray drive for turning my previous computer into an HTPC anyway.

2z7najb.jpg

Do you have 2-sided tape holding the Corsair SSD to the 650D case? I guess you don't have that many hard drives. I have about 3 x 2TB drives and 2 x DVD-R so I don't think I'll have as clean of a look. Maybe you use network storage so local storage wasn't as necessary for your build.

Looks nice and clean! I would still need the drive space.

I discovered that product a couple weeks ago, but the reports of it setting itself on fire in the Amazon reviews scared me off so I just bought another can of air.

I guess I didn't look long enough to see the review about catching on fire. Another reviewer suggested the same thing could be done with a Air Dryer using the "cool" mode. Though Hair Dryers are not that strong.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Finally done building
heres pics

396004_10151006871088425_1737182518_n.jpg

484125_10151006870928425_167963132_n.jpg

still working on cables :p:p:p:p

I just purchased the Corsair H100 heatsink. Did you have to unconventionally use mount your fans to the non-standard 120mm case fan screw mounts in order to make room for the mandatory 8Pin connector to the motherboard? I have the Asus Maximus V Formula and at the very top of the board I have to plug in the 8PIN connector.

Some case owners had to mount the H100 offset from the original 120mm holes in order to make enough room for hte 8Pin plug and cable.

My 650D arrived in the mail Monday! I have wanted this case for ages! I'm waiting on some more parts to arrive before I put it together.

Years ago, I'd have said the same thing; I had one of the biggest towers on the market in the late 90's (AOpen HX-08).

Now I know the drawbacks as well --huge, heavy, difficult to transport to LAN parties, etc. I also like the SATA dock of the 650D. I don't need more than 2-3 hard drives; I have a server keeping track of my important data. As cool as the hotswap feature of the 800D is, I also don't need it; again, I'm covered by my server. The 800D is also significantly higher in price.

There are pros and cons to both the 800D, 600T, and 650D. However, I think the 600T/650D are reasonably large cases as it is, and I'm satisfied with their cable management and the amount of room they offer. I'm also more comfortable with the lesser impact to my overal hardware budget.

Did you finish your mod instructions for modifying the hardware cage so that it wasn't bent and pressed against the 200mm x 200mm 30mm Cooler Master Megaflow fan?

I have the same problem in that my Cooler Master fan is installed but it makes using the hard drive cage very difficult because you have to Force the cage to be in place in turn this causes the cages to bend towards the power supply.

Last edited:
i have a 1tb in one of the optical drives and 4 more tb on the network. i will be adding another 3tb drive locally, i'll make it fit in the optical bay as well. if i need more local space there is room for 4 2.5" hdd's in the silverstone slot load bay.

why do you need two optical drives anyway? i barley ever use the one i have.

as for the front fan are you looking at the spectre pro or just the regular spectre? there is a difference, the spectro pro is what i'm using.

I just purchased the Corsair H100 heatsink. Did you have to unconventionally use mount your fans to the non-standard 120mm case fan screw mounts in order to make room for the mandatory 8Pin connector to the motherboard? I have the Asus Maximus V Formula and at the very top of the board I have to plug in the 8PIN connector.

Some case owners had to mount the H100 offset from the original 120mm holes in order to make enough room for hte 8Pin plug and cable.

yea it was offset to make room
i guess if u DO NOT use push pull config, there might be room for 8pin cables.

531672_10151011309793425_446320546_n.jpg

385515_10151011309913425_1229624268_n.jpg

I didn't have to offset and the motherboard has the 8 pin on the top left corner.

Any one done a door mode to this. i hae it and i dont really like the doors on it. Im thinking about just buying a sheet of high quality glass or see through acrylic and putting it on as the door. Just dont know how i would take the door off or something. Any one?

Any one done a door mode to this. i hae it and i dont really like the doors on it. Im thinking about just buying a sheet of high quality glass or see through acrylic and putting it on as the door. Just dont know how i would take the door off or something. Any one?

Just get the door and cut out the middle and glue in the acylic.

Or if you wanted to replace the whole side, simplest way would be hinges at the bottom and magnets at the top of an acrylic sheet (glass would be more breakable, and heavier).

Looking to upgrade the two stock 200mm fans that come with this case as well as the stock rear 120mm fan and get a controller for them as well, do you guys have any recommendations? My stock controller went out last year and my replacement seems to be on its way out as well, so I figured I'd take this opportunity to do a little upgrading.

Looking to upgrade the two stock 200mm fans that come with this case as well as the stock rear 120mm fan and get a controller for them as well, do you guys have any recommendations? My stock controller went out last year and my replacement seems to be on its way out as well, so I figured I'd take this opportunity to do a little upgrading.

for the 200mm up front i'd recommend the bitfenix specre pro or a coolermaster megaflow. if you get the megaflow i believe you have to have your hdd rack on the farthest away option as the fan is quite thick.

for 120mm fans im using cougar vortex fans as intake on my h100 rad and exhaust for the case. a little bit expensive but ive seen them go on sale a few times on newegg.

Back