Corsair: 650D

Yep the stock 24pin will fit through the opening with the MOBO already in place.
It's a tight fit, but there is a bit more room than there appears to be.

BTW, I've ordered a new red/black colour 24pin extension from PerformancePCS.com
I think it will look a bit nicer than the all black NZXT one I'm using now.

I also ordered a red LED strip for the bottom of the case.

Anyone know of a good Canadian site similar to Performance PCS ?
The shipping costs ordering from the US are pricey :(

Jamiee, I am definitely going to use that black NZXT sleeved cable for the 24pin when I get my new mobo. Just wondering, can you squeeze the stock AX1200 24-pin through that upper grommet, I mean did you try it that way first, and if so, did you have to pull the cable through and then mount the board or vice versa? It looks like a very tight fit, and a tight turn for the cable itself.

Think about squeezing that cable thru w/ a maximus iv extreme board and a ax1200 :D

Was a bitch, But I got it done, Only problem is the 24pin connector is slightly lower than 1 of the grommets and doesnt align with it.

I had to remove my psu temp in order to get my cables thru the grommet by the psu.

Yep the stock 24pin will fit through the opening with the MOBO already in place.
It's a tight fit, but there is a bit more room than there appears to be.

BTW, I've ordered a new red/black colour 24pin extension from PerformancePCS.com

I also ordered a red LED strip for the bottom of the case.

Anyone know of a good Canadian site similar to Performance PCS ?
The shipping costs ordering from the US are pricey :(

Wish I could help you man, Performance PCs is only about 6miles from my house, I use to order stuff from them all the time and just drive over and pick up, but their return policy is not the best, their prices are too high, and their customer service is pretty much non-existent. Forget any phone support they don’t like to deal with people directly, even when you go to the shop. I knew the owner at one time, he’s a pretty cool guy, has amazing water rigs in the back of the office like $8000.00 rigs easily, and they do great water mod and case mod work! But honestly, the only reason to buy there is that they carry some gear that no one else has. They still don’t have the 650D’s in stock.

Jamiee, You might wanna look at the cables from bitfenix, They look VERY nice and even have sleeved sata cables w/o heatshrinks, The sleeving is tucked under the connectors, They also have 2pin cables, audio cables, usb and now they have a internal usb3.0 adapter.

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/premium-modding/alchemy-cables/

Wish I could help you man, Performance PCs is only about 6miles from my house, I used to order stuff from them all the time and just drive over and pick up, but their return policy is not the best, their prices are too high, and their customer service is pretty much non-existent. Forget any phone support they don’t like to deal with people directly, even when you go to the shop. I knew the owner at one time, he’s a pretty cool guy, has amazing water rigs in the back of the office like $8000.00 rigs easily, and they do great water mod and case mod work! But honestly, the only reason to buy there is that they carry some gear that no one else has. They still don’t have the 650D’s in stock.

Yeah 1 of the guys at P-PCS was rather rude to me yesterday after I just asked about a order.

I have 3 orders coming from them.

Yeah 1 of the guys at P-PCS was rather rude to me yesterday after I just asked about a order.

I have 3 orders coming from them.

It's because PPCs doesn't really have a customer service department, people answering phones for order status etc. It's just about 10 employees filling orders and sleeving parts with heat guns, honest I have been in the back, so when you call, they have to get up from what they are doing and answer the phone, and they are none too happy to do it. I once went to pick up a Cooler Master case and they brought the box out and it looked like it fell off the UPS truck and rolled down the highway a half mile, and someone did a re-taping job on it, corners crushed etc. I asked them if I could have another case from off the shelf and they said, “this is the last one” like take it or leave it, so I left it. The next day I emailed the owner and he said he had 18 units in stock. The employees are either over-extended or just lazy and moody, or both. But the owner when he is in the office, he makes them sleeve a part for you even if they don’t want to do it. It’s a strange set-up. It seems they just need to add a few more people.

I'm really considering this case for the future, but I'm curious, is there any case at all that is as good as this but cheaper? Personally, I would be going from a Thermaltake ElementS to this.

I'm really considering this case for the future, but I'm curious, is there any case at all that is as good as this but cheaper? Personally, I would be going from a Thermaltake ElementS to this.

I can think of an extremely functional case, extra-large mobo cut out, full black interior usb 3.0 front panel, window side panel , 2X200mm fans, ventilated rear slots, Full ATX, dust filters, removable HDD cages, fits large PSUs room for a 6990, all black hardware, extremely well ventilated overall, tool-less ODD and HDD, medium-high build quality and only $99dollars, but it’s uglier than stink!

I can think of an extremely functional case, extra-large mobo cut out, full black interior usb 3.0 front panel, window side panel , 2X200mm fans, ventilated rear slots, Full ATX, dust filters, removable HDD cages, fits large PSUs room for a 6990, all black hardware, extremely well ventilated overall, tool-less ODD and HDD, medium-high build quality and only $99dollars, but it’s uglier than stink!

Umm... what is it?

Umm... what is it?

I actually have one, purchased it last November, extremely good value, extremely, but only if you can put up with the appearance which I could never really get use to. It’s a Cooler Master 912 Advanced, they make a 912 Basic, and a 912 Plus, this is the better of the three. At the time you could only purchase them direct from the CM Store, don’t know about now. But trust me the build quality is not even close to the 650D, but as a secondary PC or a home theatre PC, check it out, just don’t cringe too hard when you get your first glimpse of it.

You have nothing to worry about, my system is quite similar to yours (check my specs in sig) and it is more than adequately cooled with the stock setup.

Mind you I recently changed things up just to quiet down the system a little, but there was no problem with cooling my overclocked system with all the stock fans in the 650D. It's a really great case that looks awesome and has plenty of space to accommodate most systems.

So I should just stick with the stock fans?
I'm asking this because I have to order everything online and I can't just walk to a store to get a fan or two later on. Paying more for the shipping than the actual product I'm buying is not a thing I like doing. :p

I actually have one, purchased it last November, extremely good value, extremely, but only if you can put up with the appearance which I could never really get use to. It’s a Cooler Master 912 Advanced, they make a 912 Basic, and a 912 Plus, this is the better of the three. At the time you could only purchase them direct from the CM Store, don’t know about now. But trust me the build quality is not even close to the 650D, but as a secondary PC or a home theatre PC, check it out, just don’t cringe too hard when you get your first glimpse of it.

I never minded the design of the HAF cases. The interior is bland as hell, but I don't mind the outside. Still think the LanCool K63 looks a bit worse by an external standpoint, but looks better inside. I just kinda don't want a door anymore. But I wonder if the 650D would literally be a case that could last a long, long time. I've been making my own computers for over 7 years, and I've been through 3 cases and on my 4th.

I never minded the design of the HAF cases. The interior is bland as hell, but I don't mind the outside. Still think the LanCool K63 looks a bit worse by an external standpoint, but looks better inside. I just kinda don't want a door anymore. But I wonder if the 650D would literally be a case that could last a long, long time. I've been making my own computers for over 7 years, and I've been through 3 cases and on my 4th.

Well if you dont mind the look of the HAFs then by all means look into it, the feature list is extremely long and I can't really think of anything negative about the case except for me the overall look. Also the power button is a bit on the flilmsy side, its purely mechanical, not electro-mechanical like the 650D, but for 99bucks it is better thought out than many case I purchased in the past for $220 and $260 like the CM Stacker 830 and CM Cosmos S. The steel they are using in the 912 is very thin but folded so its very strong and very light, and the plastic front is about as high quality as plastic can get, I just didn't care for the subjective aspects of the case. But functionally if you are aircooling there is no better value that I know of.

Well any case where you don't have to slide the goddamn side of the door on. If you look at the TT ElementS case, you have to the side door just right and slide it forward, but it's retarded and actually annoys me. The front is kinda nice with that it has filters, but the filters are on the separate 5.25" covers, which takes forever to clean. Also, the whole front cover... I still don't completely trust it. I mean, the fan placement, paint job and interior are really nice, but still...

Also a tad off topic, but am I the only one who thinks that hard drive cages that go parallel with the case (the back of the hard drives could hit the video card) is kinda stupid? Perpendicular for me.

Well the HAF 912 HDD cages can be rotated either para or perp, but only the top cage the bottom is fixed to the floor of the chassis, but perpendicular cabling near the right side panel not the video cards, but the HAF 912 is also one of those place the panel and slide it forward type cases. I think the 650Ds are going for $179 now, and the design is just lightyears ahead of even the HAF X look around but you really can't go wrong with the Corsair 650, water or air and the panel latching design is the best on the market, don't mean to sound like an ad, but I have had mine for almost 3months and its really the best case out there right now, truly worth the extra 80bucks.

Also, I kept reading about something with the USB 3.0 connection not being with the motherboard or something like that, can someone explain the whole deal to me on what's going on with those connections?

Jamiee, You might wanna look at the cables from bitfenix, They look VERY nice and even have sleeved sata cables w/o heatshrinks, The sleeving is tucked under the connectors, They also have 2pin cables, audio cables, usb and now they have a internal usb3.0 adapter.

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/premium-modding/alchemy-cables/

Looks like they do some nice work!
They list N-C-I-X as a reseller, but unfortunately they don't seem to carry much from Bitfenix as of yet.

On the plus side, my order has shipped from PPCS :eek:
Should arrive Friday.

Think about squeezing that cable thru w/ a maximus iv extreme board and a ax1200 :D

Was a bitch, But I got it done, Only problem is the 24pin connector is slightly lower than 1 of the grommets and doesnt align with it.

I had to remove my psu temp in order to get my cables thru the grommet by the psu.

I didn't have too much of a problem routing my PSU cables through the grommets on the 650D. The R3E is an extended ATX board as well, and has very similar placements of components compared with M4E.
All it took was a little bit of pre-planning to decide which cables would be run first (generally the largest ones) through the grommets.
Getting the large ones through first meant there was plenty of room for the smaller cables to follow.

I was anticipating much more of a battle with the cabling than I actually ended up having...

I'm coming from a Thermaltake Level 10 case, and I can easily say that the 650D is easier to work with.

I didn't have too much of a problem routing my PSU cables through the grommets on the 650D. The R3E is an extended ATX board as well, and has very similar placements of components compared with M4E.
All it took was a little bit of pre-planning to decide which cables would be run first (generally the largest ones) through the grommets.
Getting the large ones through first meant there was plenty of room for the smaller cables to follow.

I was anticipating much more of a battle with the cabling than I actually ended up having...

I'm coming from a Thermaltake Level 10 case, and I can easily say that the 650D is easier to work with.

A Level 10 or Level 10 GT?

But what I meant by the USB 3.0 connection problem, some are saying that it doesn't have a header for the motherboard or something. Can someone explain what they mean? Such as this reviewer has said: http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/corsair_obsidian_650d_review,10.html

Dude, you paid $700 for that 50lb case?

If you goto checkout, It asks for country, Canada is listed.

True, but when you proceed it says contact them for details and reading on their FAQ or somewhere on the site it states they don't ship outside of the US yet...

So I should just stick with the stock fans?
I'm asking this because I have to order everything online and I can't just walk to a store to get a fan or two later on. Paying more for the shipping than the actual product I'm buying is not a thing I like doing. :p

Well, it cooled adequately with the stock fans, just depends how much of a stickler you are when it comes to noise, I'm big on noise, so I like to get quieter fans that cool well.
If you're fine with noisier fans, you have no reason to change out the stock 200mm fans.

But what I meant by the USB 3.0 connection problem, some are saying that it doesn't have a header for the motherboard or something. Can someone explain what they mean? Such as this reviewer has said: http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/corsair_obsidian_650d_review,10.html

Like alot of cases, to use the usb ports that are the 3 ones, you need to run a cable from the panel to the back panel of your mobo.

The case has routing holes for it though.

You can see the back hole in this shot:

Like alot of cases, to use the usb ports that are the 3 ones, you need to run a cable from the panel to the back panel of your mobo.

The case has routing holes for it though.

You can see the back hole in this shot:

Oh so the cables that connect via from USB 3.0 would actually HAVE to to be hooked up to the back of the motherboard, not within the motherboard? That's a bit odd. Curious, is there an adapter so it would work inside the case or that's not really possible? I asked about the USB thing because I really confused on what they meant.

Thanks, by the way.

Oh so the cables that connect via from USB 3.0 would actually HAVE to to be hooked up to the back of the motherboard, not within the motherboard? That's a bit odd. Curious, is there an adapter so it would work inside the case or that's not really possible? I asked about the USB thing because I really confused on what they meant.

Thanks, by the way.

It's actually not odd, sadly, pretty much 99% of the cases out there with USB 3.0 use the method of connecting to the back of the motherboard I/O rather than the headers.

There are products out there that allow you to use the headers though, such as the Lian-Li UC-01.

I just removed the bracket on the 3.0 USB PCI extension that came with the ASUS Z68 PRO, plugged in the 650D cables to that, and tucked everything under the plastic shelf below the drive cages. No wires are visible. Almost done building and testing. I made some other minor modifications significantly improving airflow and will post photos when it's finished. The electric meter rpm will double come November. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiTJbr9m04&feature=player_embedded
modern warfare 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc
battlefield 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6mc0LAlMaw
bioshock infinite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjqsYzBrP-M
skryim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHHcM6aHPnE&feature=relmfu
uncharted 3

omg this humming clicking noise from the fans suck.. :(
I just setup my case today I think I had some rubber grommets in the case package is that the fix / solution? or is it a another fan controller im a bit confused there was no directions on what i needed to do to fix the problem.. or do i need to order and request the fix part on the website?

It was the full size Level 10.

I still think it's a neat case (although overpriced for what it ultimately is) but a bit too big
for what I want at this point in time.

The 650D seems just about right IMO :cool:

It was the full size Level 10.

I still think it's a neat case (although overpriced for what it ultimately is) but a bit too big
for what I want at this point in time.

The 650D seems just about right IMO :cool:

Holy fucking piss buckets your really spent that much? I can upgrade my computer easily with that money lol.

Does anyone know if the EVGA P67 FTW Mobo (EATX Form Factor Length: 12in - 304.8mm, Width: 10.375in - 263.5mm) will fit in a 650D Case without any problems?

Does anyone know if the EVGA P67 FTW Mobo (EATX Form Factor Length: 12in - 304.8mm, Width: 10.375in - 263.5mm) will fit in a 650D Case without any problems?

I have a MSI P55-GD65 in there and newegg says that the specs on it are 12.0" x 9.6". There is plenty of room over the width of the board. You may loose access to the first row of pass through holes.

I have a MSI P55-GD65 in there and newegg says that the specs on it are 12.0" x 9.6". There is plenty of room over the width of the board. You may loose access to the first row of pass through holes.

Thank you!

Are the Linear fan controllers still being sent out? I sent an email to Redbeard and received one back from Kelvin requesting my address and such, I answered that and haven't had any communication since, I sent Kelvin an email asking if the controller had been sent or if there was a tracking number or anything, but nothing yet.

Thanks, by the way.

Yha it sucks, but there is an internal header........
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...035&cm_re=usb_3.0_card-_-15-201-035-_-Product

Ho0nestly the front header door makes using the front panel annoying.

Are the Linear fan controllers still being sent out? I sent an email to Redbeard and received one back from Kelvin requesting my address and such, I answered that and haven't had any communication since, I sent Kelvin an email asking if the controller had been sent or if there was a tracking number or anything, but nothing yet.

You won't get tracking, it'll just show up at your place one day.

Back