• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair: 650D

Picked up a case from MC, they price match Amazon. :D Quality is very good, except for the plastic window. In direct light, it looks like someone cleaned it with steel wool, I would prefer metal mesh with fan mounts and a magnetic dust filter.

Faulkton, where did you score the black SLI bridge? I've been searching hard for one and EVGA is out.

Also, did the original PWM fan controller come with 4-pin connections? If so, does anyone want to donate or sell their old wires/connectors?
 
Picked up a case from MC, they price match Amazon. :D Quality is very good, except for the plastic window. In direct light, it looks like someone cleaned it with steel wool, I would prefer metal mesh with fan mounts and a magnetic dust filter.

Faulkton, where did you score the black SLI bridge? I've been searching hard for one and EVGA is out.

Also, did the original PWM fan controller come with 4-pin connections? If so, does anyone want to donate or sell their old wires/connectors?

Which MC did you go to? The one in tustin doesnt price match :/
 
Cambridge. First time I ever stepped inside one. It is a dump and most the employees and consumers on that particular night, to be honest, looked pretty haggard. Most stores will haggle if they have competition. For example, Dell runs 25-30% coupons every few months for the U3011, but people have been successful in getting the discount outside the window of the coupon. Print out the page from Amazon, go to the store, find a person who speaks your language and works on commission, and let him/her know you would like to buy this case, but only if they can meet Amazon's price. Sounded like he was even willing to accept a lower price. I should have aimed higher.

The case and a 2500K each cost me $180 and with Assachusetts tax it was still cheaper than Newegg. Amazon and Newegg do offer a $10 MIR, but it's not worth the trouble contacting Corsair over. Picking up a case in brick-n-mortar store is a smart move in my opinion, because (if required) you can cherry pick the box and don't have to take the hit with return shipping (within 30 days). The first box he brought out was punctured and ripped in multiple places, so I asked for another.
 
Which MC did you go to? The one in tustin doesnt price match :/

=[

I wonder when Amazon will be shipping these out. I want to order but I would like to take advantage of that 10 dollar rebate. I don't want to order, have 21 days pass, and not be able to postmark it :(

Interesting.. Just found out I can go pick up items @ Newegg.. They also sent me a 10% discount coupon recently so that will negate tax.. tempting! It's about $20 more expensive than amazon though
 
Last edited:
I work at worst buy and they carry it online, so i had it special ordered so ill have it at 5% above cost.
 
I wonder if I'd just be able to prop up a 140mm fan for the intake since there's no real mounting capability.

Not exactly sure why we were given numerous options for the top fan, but pretty much nothing for the intake fan. Currently I have no intake...Is that bad?
 
I used rubber plugs to mount a TY-140 to the front intake. Works fine. I believe, the flow going in should be a little greater than the flow going out. This keeps dust and hair from getting in.
 
I used rubber plugs to mount a TY-140 to the front intake. Works fine. I believe, the flow going in should be a little greater than the flow going out. This keeps dust and hair from getting in.

Any chance I could get a picture of that?

What can you tell me about the noise difference between that and the 200mm standard?
 
I got this case 3 days ago and ive been "playing" with it since and im so disappointed as i like almost everything about it except the airflow
as i have increased temps compared to my old case

The main cause is the front 200mm fan sucks big time and due to the limited space its difficult to find a decent replacement like the 200x30 Coolermaster megaflow

The stock 200mm fans are pretty loud at the full 1000rpm and the airflow sucks
when i lowered the speed to around 500-700rpm its was finally quiet(ish) but now the airflow sucks even more

I was using a TJ09 before this

Before my 3 HDDS were 33-36c max (GT 1450 in HDD fan bay)
CPU (920 @ 4.2 1.25v) Megahalems + GT 1850 and 2x 120 Silent Eagles SEs as top intake
41c idle 71c load while x264 encoding
GPU Zotac Ref 570 @ 825/2000 42c idle 86c load fan at 64%

now with the 650d with the fans at full speed

my cpu temps rose to 46-48c idle and 78c load after encoding and the idle speed for my 570 rose to 47c and still 86c load but the fan was louder at 67% instead of 64%
the 3x HDDs rose to 37-41c

turned the top exhasut into top intake to see if that could help and that took 1-2c off the cpu temps at best and it had no effect on HDD or GPU temps

Corsair really need to come out with a new revision with improved options for the front intake like 2x120 or 2x140

:(
 
if you move a hard drive cage to behind the PSU you can replace the front 200mm with any fan you want.
 
i already tried that and its not practical
i have 3 HDDs and 1 ssd that ive taped to the top of the cage

i cant move the cage to the 2nd position because there are too many cables to route through

and ive tried using cable extenders and molex to sata power connectors etc

if i used 2 drives then i could possibly move it there as there wont be so many cables to route through
 
I'm not sure why people complain of poor air cooling with this case.
Mine is pretty darn great for what it is.
My HDDs idle at about 30-33C while fans are on low, and top out at about 36/37C on low.
My GPU idles at about 35-40C (case fans on low) and load at about 70C (case fans on high).
My CPU idles at about 30-35C and loads at about 60C.

I have no major complaints with this case from an air cooling standpoint, prior to the linear fan controller yes, but now with the new controller, things are great.
 
Cooling issues
:(

Sem, just a quick question - were you testing these cases in the same ambient temps? I've personally got a TJ09 here that produces worse temps than the 650D - so it's not necessarily a case issue. I'm not sure how you got a 7C jump in CPU temps, even with the top fan turned around as an intake - that just doesn't make sense at all. We're talking 92CFM blowing right over the CPU cooler, so from a logical basis, something's off there.

Sorry you're having such cooling troubles, but to be honest, it sounds like even if you had dual 120mms in the front of the case it wouldn't fix the problems you're having right now.
 
Sem, just a quick question - were you testing these cases in the same ambient temps? I've personally got a TJ09 here that produces worse temps than the 650D - so it's not necessarily a case issue. I'm not sure how you got a 7C jump in CPU temps, even with the top fan turned around as an intake - that just doesn't make sense at all. We're talking 92CFM blowing right over the CPU cooler, so from a logical basis, something's off there.

Sorry you're having such cooling troubles, but to be honest, it sounds like even if you had dual 120mms in the front of the case it wouldn't fix the problems you're having right now.

How can one person have cooling problems and everyone else is doing fine? That's not chassis related, come on, sometimes you just get a transient temp from another variable. George I was trying to send you a .pdf as an attachment PM but it seems impossible, so I will just send it regular email, its pretty cool!;) Hey today I found out there is also a Bluebeard, totally rad. Ok George it is in your mailbox with the subject line "Standing on the Shoulders of Giants" Peace Brother!;)

Healthy addendum: Next time you want to get your gym going treadmill burning gee eff a bit frisky without a leash, just warm up her flat tummy with a banana/watermelon smoothie. Awesome, we made ‘em tonight by happenstance since we ran out of strawberries. Just a tip for when you need to break away from fan speeds, linear controllers and cuda cores!;) Hmmm maybe I'm a linear controller, back to that leash.
 
Last edited:
Can anyone on liquid measure the gap between the back 120 and their radiator/fan assembly? Im curious as to how large of a radiator i can fit back there.
 
So far my 650D is cooling efficiently.

My 2 460s stay around 32-34 idle
CPU idle is 33c
HDs are around 34-36c.
 
I'm glad I found this thread. I'll be picking one up next week.
 
Hello, I've been bitching about it since day 1.

I litteraly pulled my parts out of my Antec 900, put them into the 650D and instantly seen 6C on my cpu and 10C on BOTH my 260's.
The switchover took 4hrs, and I had very constant temps before and after.

I was running 75C folding before, now its 81C. So from a "Safe" OC to a ummm, a room temp change = burning.

I've tried different exhaust directions for my nh-12u, I've gotten 140mm top fans with a miriad of intake/outtake setups, and have have right now got 1 140 exhaust at mid speed, and the other an intake on low, blowing air to where the cooler can suck it in better.
 
Does the CC650DW-1 have the fix-it kit pre-installed or does it have the linear fan controller pre-installed?

My order is supposedly going to arrive at Amazon next week. Was the delay in Amazon's shipment due to the need to wait for the linear controller or is this just wishful thinking on my part?
 
Can the logo be removed on the front without leaving a hole?

I just ordered one today from egginyourface. Can NOT wait til it arrives. Looks like the bet case I've ever had. I was considering modding a G5 case, but I'd spend about as much, and WAY too much effort for a small interior.
 
Here is a pic of the 650d with a Lamptron FC-5V2 installed.

650DLamptron.JPG


Lamptron.JPG
 
can anyone give me any recommendations to replace the top and front fans. they are kinda loud even at the lowest setting
 
can anyone give me any recommendations to replace the top and front fans. they are kinda loud even at the lowest setting

I'm still waiting on somebody to tell me to go with something else other than the Thermalright TY-140. There are some even lower RPM and lower db units out there, including some from Noctua, but I don't know how much air they would move.

Still not sure how to attach it, but right now I have no intake fan and the top 200mm is still loud. Maybe I should cut the mesh?
 
ya my top 200mm is kinda annoying. it makes an annoying squeaky sound like it is not oiled right or something. must replace!
 
ya my top 200mm is kinda annoying. it makes an annoying squeaky sound like it is not oiled right or something. must replace!

The fan I mentioned should be absolutely perfect for the top exhaust. I might experiment, buy just one, and see what happens when I run it as an intake from the front with no top exhaust, and then when I run it as the top exhaust with no intake. I still have the stock 120mm fan going out the back. I wonder if I should replace that as well...

I haven't seen much about people modding the front intake with anything other than Megaflows or whatever. Not sure why Corsair didn't include the mounting option for the front even halfway like they did for the top.

I've gone fan crazy. Need SILENCE.
 
haha I hear you.. thanks for the suggestions. for me it is not all THAT bad except for the annoying top fan. the thing is super loud on highest setting though
 
haha I hear you.. thanks for the suggestions. for me it is not all THAT bad except for the annoying top fan. the thing is super loud on highest setting though

No problem. Be sure to post whenever you decide on a solution. The customization posts seem to have died down a bit. You and I could start a great revolution...
 
Joe3 [cubed], there is so much good information and well-intended advice within this thread regarding ultra-low db fan set-ups. You just have to make a real decision, and spend a few dollars, dude.
BTW those Noctua 140mms produce a great deal[at least to me] of low frequency rumble when used as a case fan, much more than the megaflows. I installed one inside a Corsair HX850 PSU and got the same rumble.

Joe, maybe you should try the shotgun effect: Go to Amazon and order every fan on your menu 4 or 5 designs try them all out and send back what you don’t like for credit within 30days. That has to work out for you!;)
 
Last edited:
BTW those Noctua 140mms produce a great deal of low frequency rumble when used as a case fan, much more than the megaflows.

aw that sux :( i have that right now w/ my top stock fan

My idle temps right now for not overclocked i5 2500k are about equal to the temps I had overclocked to 4.5ghz in the coolermaster 692 case. noise is about the same except top fan is rumbling/whining

are the coolermaster megaflows improvements over the stock 200mm fans in either noise or air flow? i'll probably make a decision by tomorrow for the fans. Need to do some cable re-management again anyways and I just got my ssd drive in. Possibly planning to get a gpu next week too :( sucks cuz I just spent a lot of time yesterday managing everything and now I have to take it apart to install the fans!

i do have the -1 revision case though. I didn't check but maybe because the fans are attached with screws instead of the rubber pieces. I'll try switching that up
 
Last edited:
I hzave 2 nh-p14flx on top. Its not to loud at all, They claim under 20dba full ougt, 100cfm, and 13.5dba at 88cfm, which I'm at.
 
I hzave 2 nh-p14flx on top. Its not to loud at all, They claim under 20dba full ougt, 100cfm, and 13.5dba at 88cfm, which I'm at.

Ok, you are right, not a great deal of rumble, but a little bit using the Noctua brown grommets, did not try the NF-P14 with the softer Corsair grommets that might help. If you are happy at the 13.5db level, thats cool, I just wanted my pc quieter since it is on my desk right next to me while I work. I had my P14 set at the 10.1db level using the blue resistor provided and even then I could hear that low hum. I think Joe is trying to get his PC super quiet like 10db or less. The Noctua NF-S12B ULNs produce only 6db, I have 4of those, have them in a home theater rig, not the 650D, thats something you can try out Joe. Just a cool factoid, normal healthy human breathing generates 10db, difficult to get a pc that quiet overall but it can be done!;)

The Corsair USB 3.0 Flash Voyager drives were announced today, way cool!
 
Last edited:
aw that sux :( i have that right now w/ my top stock fan

My idle temps right now for not overclocked i5 2500k are about equal to the temps I had overclocked to 4.5ghz in the coolermaster 692 case. noise is about the same except top fan is rumbling/whining

are the coolermaster megaflows improvements over the stock 200mm fans in either noise or air flow? i'll probably make a decision by tomorrow for the fans. Need to do some cable re-management again anyways and I just got my ssd drive in. Possibly planning to get a gpu next week too :( sucks cuz I just spent a lot of time yesterday managing everything and now I have to take it apart to install the fans!

i do have the -1 revision case though. I didn't check but maybe because the fans are attached with screws instead of the rubber pieces. I'll try switching that up

I don't know if you received the fan kit that Corsair offered, but they came with some very soft rubber gromms that are just excellent, much better than the screws. I have some pics back on page 36 if you want to see how I mounted the front megaflow, I switched from the Noctua grommets to the Corsairs and got much less noise transmission, something to try out.
 
Last edited:
thx guys. i will probably get 2x nh-p14 and a coolermaster megaflow. might take a couple days to a week before they get here and get them installed. I'll try to come back with my experience. i'll also try the rubber grommets later tonight
 
All the 650D photos I have seen, not one shows anyone using both HDD cages in their original stacked position, isn’t that curious? One cool thing about Noctua, this may be off-thread, so I apologize in advance, but helpful to anyone who owns Noctua fans and CPU coolers. If you scan your invoices for your Noctua fans and CPU coolers and send them email as an attachment to Noctua, they will keep them on file and send you out the White CPU cooler rubber Vibration Compensators, the Brown fan Vibration Compensators, and replacement inline resistors, at no cost, for the entire 6years that the warranty covers, I have gotten two shipments of replacement grommets, you would think they would be sent from a US location/distributor but they send them airmail straight from Austria in these strange little European envelops. Another Noctua thing, and this is not a rumor, I got this info straight from an email from Noctua, they are considering case design. As hyper-technical as that group is you can only imagine what a chassis from Noctua would be like, most likely air pressure measurements taken at various locations inside the case and I am guessing it would be a mid-tower, and extremely well ventilated. Just hope they don’t use their beige/maroon color scheme for the case, yuk!;)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top