• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Corsair: 650D

That’s a great solution Joe, tuck the SSD away in the ODD bay, and sleeve or hide that stupid Cooler Master bare wire, why don’t they sleeve their fan cables? Gonna Crossfire the cards in a few minutes and run some benchmarks, and install the original Half Life 2 from the cityscape to the dunebuggy, thanks for the cool input!

Sounds good. I need some solid black SATA cables, and I need an extension for my intake fan. Currently the cable is so short that it is running in between the hard drives and straight to the motherboard.

I had it connected to the fan controller, but it would not start on the LOW setting. I found that if I turned all fans to HIGH, the fan started to spin, and then if I turned things back to LOW, it would continue to work. I didn't feel like doing that every single time I turned my computer on, so motherboard it is. Not even sure if they make extension cables like that, but I suppose I will look.
 
Sounds good. I need some solid black SATA cables, and I need an extension for my intake fan. Currently the cable is so short that it is running in between the hard drives and straight to the motherboard.

I had it connected to the fan controller, but it would not start on the LOW setting. I found that if I turned all fans to HIGH, the fan started to spin, and then if I turned things back to LOW, it would continue to work. I didn't feel like doing that every single time I turned my computer on, so motherboard it is. Not even sure if they make extension cables like that, but I suppose I will look.

joejoejoe, PM!
 
Heres my updated 650D build, I think I did alot better this time :D

The front fan is only temporary and waiting on a longer black round sata cable and 140mm fan.



Did I do a good job?
 
Last edited:
Heres my updated 650D build, I think I did alot better this time :D

The front fan is only temporary and waiting on a longer black round sata cable and 140mm fan.



Did I do a good job?

I just think it's ridiculous how it has that much space, even with hard drives, there is in this mid-tower... and how much money you dumped into it... it hurts my brain a bit lol.
 
Thanks man, I really appreciate the information, I ordered that adapter, should look great in the ODD bay, PPCs is like just down the street a few miles from me, so I will just drive over and pick up on Monday, should be awesome, gonna clean up those extraneous fan and fan controller wires this weekend as Joe suggested!;)

NP :)
 
Makes me want to send back my 2nd 6870 and wait for the die shrink, and pick up a triple slot 7870 later this year, hmmmmm maybe I will do that!;)
 
Last edited:
Heres my updated 650D build, I think I did alot better this time :D

The front fan is only temporary and waiting on a longer black round sata cable and 140mm fan.



Did I do a good job?

Love those ROG boards. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude you got one of those Triple slot Asus cards OUTRAGEOUS! Which one? 6950? 6970? 580? Please tell me what smartdoctor looks like, can you set the two fans individually? And in Catalyst Control Center what percent do the fans run in Auto Mode??? Asus is really putting out the best heatsinks right now. How quiet is the card? I'm blown away!;)
 
Love those ROG boards. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude you got one of those Triple slot Asus cards OUTRAGEOUS! Which one? 6950? 6970? 580? Please tell me what smartdoctor looks like, can you set the two fans individually? And in Catalyst Control Center what percent do the fans run in Auto Mode??? Asus is really putting out the best heatsinks right now. How quiet is the card? I'm blown away!;)

HELL NO not ATI. Asus 580 :)

I have the fan set to manual at 30% and the temp hovers around 29-31c
Its very quiet, Even at 50%, But if I crank it to 80, Sounds like a jet airliner about to take off :D

Its cool, If you unplug the power, The LED on the card turns amber, When connected, Its green. Wouldve liked for the side to have a lighted ASUS logo like the maximus mobo has in red.

Its a BEAST of a card for damn sure.

Cant wait to replace the Coolit Vantage w/ a corsair H100 :)
 
Well, when the H80 drops, I won't need a CoolIT unit either :) But the H80 won't be out by Tuesday and that's when I'm going to need it.
 
HELL NO not ATI. Asus 580 :)

I have the fan set to manual at 30% and the temp hovers around 29-31c
Its very quiet, Even at 50%, But if I crank it to 80, Sounds like a jet airliner about to take off :D

Its cool, If you unplug the power, The LED on the card turns amber, When connected, Its green. Wouldve liked for the side to have a lighted ASUS logo like the maximus mobo has in red.

Its a BEAST of a card for damn sure.

Cant wait to replace the Coolit Vantage w/ a corsair H100 :)

My Asus 6870s also have those LEDs letting you know if power is connected, Asus is making some great looking custom PCBs, honestly I just got a 2nd 6870DirectCU in yesterday, really think I will send it back, your triple slot 580 is just Awesome! Looks Outrageous! I want one! It looks like it must weigh quite a bit, is the black housing over the heat sink plastic or metal? And can ya uncheck the fan mode box just for a second in idle and let me know the fan %speed in Auto Mode??? THanks man!!!;)

BTW I am also planning for the H100 already have some specialty fans ordered and on the way for it! Love your rig man, Great Job! Lots of dollars!

Is that an aluminum top plate on your 580DirectCU2? and is that some sort of indicator window in the middle of it? Man I love that card!
 
Last edited:
Nothing but the best for me, Bruce.

Very clean case. Amazing what getting rid of mechanical hard drives can do.

That SSD sure sticks out though. I can only imagine how fast those Excel spreadsheets open with that baby. What CPU and CPU cooler are you using? Wasn't expecting to see a passive solution there.

Joe, the CPU cooler is just an old Noctua NH-D14, it keeps the cpu a very constant 30C all the time, really works well even without the two fans that come with it. Lots of people use it with both fans attached and get amazing overclocks. But as I said I am getting over my Noctua phase, getting the Corsair Hydro H100 as soon as it is released, top mounted 240X120mm radiator that will custom fit right up inside the 650D ceiling, and I ordered some ultra-quiet specialty fans for it, so I can undervolt them down to 10db, and keep my rig quiet while I work. Honestly, your Silver Arrow has better specs than my Noctua, try running your cooler passive and see what your temps are, it will definitely run quieter, but if your temps go way up then it's not worth it.
 
Last edited:
My Asus 6870s also have those LEDs letting you know if power is connected, Asus is making some great looking custom PCBs, honestly I just got a 2nd 6870DirectCU in yesterday, really think I will send it back, your triple slot 580 is just Awesome! Looks Outrageous! I want one! It looks like it must weigh quite a bit, is the black housing over the heat sink plastic or metal? And can ya uncheck the fan mode box just for a second in idle and let me know the fan %speed in Auto Mode??? THanks man!!!;)

BTW I am also planning for the H100 already have some specialty fans ordered and on the way for it! Love your rig man, Great Job! Lots of dollars!

Is that an aluminum top plate on your 580DirectCU2? and is that some sort of indicator window in the middle of it? Man I love that card!

Thanx :)

Its appears to be metal. Ya it does weigh alot, Nearly 3 lbs. :eek:.

As for automode, When I installed it and SmartDoctor, It was at 60%.

I like MSI Afterburner better though, Because with Smartdoctor, You can only go in increments: 20%, 30% etc, With AB, You can set it where you want.

Didnt cost alot, As I sold a my other mobo, cpu, ram, case, camcorder and videocards, So that helped tons :)
 
getting the Corsair Hydro H100 as soon as it is released, top mounted 240X120mm radiator that will custom fit right up inside the 650D ceiling, and I ordered some ultra-quiet specialty fans for it, so I can undervolt them down to 10db,

Any idea of a release date for the H100?

Can you do P/P with it too?

What fans you getting for it?
 
im thinking about getting this, do you guys think $180 is a good deal for this? or has it been lower?
 
Thanx :)

Its appears to be metal. Ya it does weigh alot, Nearly 3 lbs. :eek:.

As for automode, When I installed it and SmartDoctor, It was at 60%.

I like MSI Afterburner better though, Because with Smartdoctor, You can only go in increments: 20%, 30% etc, With AB, You can set it where you want.

Didnt cost alot, As I sold a my other mobo, cpu, ram, case, camcorder and videocards, So that helped tons :)

So auto mode idle normal room temp is 60%fanspeed, thanks man. Your card is super high performance and my Asus 6870DirectCU is more like medium performance, but out of the box my fan speed is only 15% in auto mode, something strange going on there. Completely agree with you about Afterburner, so much better software, gives you the graphic information even while you have a game on, that you can review later. Just asking about smartdoctor for reference, thought with your two fans they might have improved it and have independent fan control, and it’s still the only way to increase the Vcore to the gpu for overclocking, I have version 5.74. I have seen the 3slot cards at the websites, but your’s installed in your 650D changed my mind about my new 2nd 6870, sending it back and gonna go single card and find a card like yours after I get the new mobo. Thanks for all your help fantomau!;)

Let me get you that info on the specialty fans I ordered for the H100, they might not be what you are looking for but for me they were perfect, give me a few minutes and I’ll send it out.
 
Last edited:
Joe says: What CPU and CPU cooler are you using? Wasn't expecting to see a passive solution there.

Joe, the CPU cooler is just an old Noctua NH-D14, it keeps the cpu a very constant 30C all the time, really works well even without the two fans that come with it. Lots of people use it with both fans attached and get amazing overclocks. But I am gettin' over my Noctua phase, getting into the Corsair Hydro H100 as soon as it is released, top mounted 240X120mm radiator that will custom fit right up inside the 650D ceiling, and I ordered some ultra-quiet specialty fans for it, so I can undervolt them down to 10db, and keep my rig quiet while I work. Honestly, your Silver Arrow has better specs than my Noctua, try running your cooler passive and see what your temps are, it will definitely run quieter, but if your temps increase?
 
Last edited:
i'm looking forward to reading some h100 reviews. If it beats the silver arrow i have now i'm going to be trying it out myself.
 
Joe says: What CPU and CPU cooler are you using? Wasn't expecting to see a passive solution there.

Joe, the CPU cooler is just an old Noctua NH-D14, it keeps the cpu a very constant 30C all the time, really works well even without the two fans that come with it. Lots of people use it with both fans attached and get amazing overclocks. But I am gettin' over my Noctua phase, getting into the Corsair Hydro H100 as soon as it is released, top mounted 240X120mm radiator that will custom fit right up inside the 650D ceiling, and I ordered some ultra-quiet specialty fans for it, so I can undervolt them down to 10db, and keep my rig quiet while I work. Honestly, your Silver Arrow has better specs than my Noctua, try running your cooler passive and see what your temps are, it will definitely run quieter, but if your temps increase?

This is what I am looking at right now, and it is with an overclock to 3.3Ghz, but energy saving settings (C1E, etc) are still enabled:

2m6r593.jpg


Any idea what I'd be looking at if I took those fans off the Silver Arrow?

Maybe I could take them off the Silver Arrow, and then use them as replacements for the exhaust fans. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Tempting. Might unplug the fans in a few and test it.
 
I had some guy tell me that if the 650D had a side fan, That it would drop gpu temps by a good 10 degrees. I told him he was full of shit. A degree or 2 MAYBE, But not 10 and told me that he bets that w/o a side fan, GPUs get very hot. W/ my dual 460s, My 2 cards NEVER went passed 33 degrees and my new 580 hovers around 29-31. and a side fan, IMO, Would make it look kinda ugly.

I'd say thats good temps. NOT hot.

Said the 600T looks better, Well thats a matter of opinion, But I think the 650D is nicer.
 
I dropped 5C the other day very easily.

1. I took the side panel off.
2. I lowered the temperature of my air conditioning.

PRESTO CHANGEO!!!
 
First off, this is a great thread, and has helped me decide on the 650D as the case for my new build which I'm in the process of ordering everything right now. :D

I've been looking around trying to find the best price on this case, and I just had a quick question. What is the difference between the model CC650DW and CC650DW-1? Amazon tells me that the -1 model is newer, but what is the difference?

I ask because the CC650DW without the -1 is $25 cheaper. If it is something small or insignificant, I'd like to know so I can save every dollar possible. Thanks in advance! :)

And my apologies if this question has already been answered, I tried to go through this thread and look, but I might have missed it. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
First off, this is a great thread, and has helped me decide on the 650D as the case for my new build which I'm in the process of ordering everything right now. :D

I've been looking around trying to find the best price on this case, and I just had a quick question. What is the difference between the model CC650DW and CC650DW-1? Amazon tells me that the -1 model is newer, but what is the difference?

I ask because the CC650DW without the -1 is $25 cheaper. If it is something small or insignificant, I'd like to know so I can save every dollar possible. Thanks in advance! :)

And my apologies if this question has already been answered, I tried to go through this thread and look, but I might have missed it. Thanks.

The -1 has the new fan controller fix kit installed. The other model does not. Do not purchase the other model unless you want to request a fan fix from the Corsair website and install it yourself. You can decide if that is worth the 25 dollars.

The -1 model has smooth airflow and the fan speeds work just as they should. The other model (basically the one that everyone who ordered right away got) buzzed, made noises, and had airflow problems.
 
Corsair H100 specialty fans: faulkton and fantomau, anyone else interested in the H100. The fans that come with the unit might work just fine, but I am going to mount some very quiet Sanyo-Denki fans almost the exact fan that is in the Corsair AX850 PSU, and you know how quiet that fan runs in silent mode...

http://db.sanyodenki.co.jp/product_db_e/coolingfan/dcfan/cooling_dcfan.html

If you load up this page, click on the 120mm graphic, and drop down to the bottom of the next page you will find the S-Type fans, the one rated at .19amps 2200rpm is the exact same fan that comes in the AX850, except the non-pwm version of it. I went one step lower and ordered the .13amp 1850rpm fans so I could undervolt them even a little more making an even quieter cooling solution than the AX850, I am going to use two of them for the H100 when they become available. Not recommending this to everyone, just my personal choice, I want to make sure the H100 fans run around 10db with undervolting. All of the Sanyo-Denki S-types are very high quality quiet fans, you just have to choose the amps and rpms that will work best in your rig. Hopefully tomorrow May 30th we will get more information from Computex on the H80 and H100!
 
Last edited:
This is what I am looking at right now, and it is with an overclock to 3.3Ghz, but energy saving settings (C1E, etc) are still enabled:

2m6r593.jpg


Any idea what I'd be looking at if I took those fans off the Silver Arrow?

Maybe I could take them off the Silver Arrow, and then use them as replacements for the exhaust fans. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Tempting. Might unplug the fans in a few and test it.

Joe, I am not overclocking my CPU, the Noctua Cooler does a great job [30C] with no fans attached and the rear Corsair case fan blowing IN on the cooler. If you are overclocking I wouldn't recommend going passive with your Silver Arrow.

But if you remove the overclock on your CPU, definitely take the fans off your silver arrow and give it a try, redirecting your rear Corsair 120mm to blow in on the cooler will help a little. Yup, and then you can use those two extra fans for top exhaust or front intake or something!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top