Corsair: 650D

i would like to know this as well

Not sure on when Amazon placed their order. If they were in the initial shipment they definitely got some units with the issue, if they won't have inventory until late April, then they're likely to not have the issue.

Hello everyone!!!

Here is my new baby 650D :D

As you can see, I don't have issues with the 200mm fans; I just removed them and replaced the intake fan with a super silent 140mm (fitted perfectly in the front grill holes)

The system is silent and the temps are cool...

l1050693.jpg

l1050695.jpg

That first shot is practically a corsair ad minus the top exhaust fan (why do you have no exhaust fan??)

That first shot is practically a corsair ad minus the top exhaust fan (why do you have no exhaust fan??)

I removed both 200mm fans, they were too noisy!

I replaced the front intake fan with a super quite 140mm fan that fits perfectly through the front grill holes. I don't think I will need top exhaust fans as the temps are really good so far; CPU idles at 37c an loads at 56c (2600k).

Hello everyone!!!

As you can see, I don't have issues with the 200mm fans; I just removed them and replaced the intake fan with a super silent 140mm (fitted perfectly in the front grill holes)

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3228/l1050693.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4903/l1050695.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
very nice! I'm loving the sabertooth in that case
more pics! higher resolution :)

Hmm, yeah I have read from many that the H70 is quite the beast, in cooling and noise. At CES in January, at the Corsair booth, they showed me the H60 installed in a 800D, told me all the improvements (very good cooling with only one fan) and that it was cheaper, and I fell in love with it - most likely my build will incorporate it!

Not sure on when Amazon placed their order. If they were in the initial shipment they definitely got some units with the issue, if they won't have inventory until late April, then they're likely to not have the issue.

should i place order on fix kit right now? is there something i have to present before i'm allowed to place order on kit?

I removed both 200mm fans, they were too noisy!

I replaced the front intake fan with a super quite 140mm fan that fits perfectly through the front grill holes. I don't think I will need top exhaust fans as the temps are really good so far; CPU idles at 37c an loads at 56c (2600k).

Too noisy at full blast maybe. Did you run them on high to avoid the buzzing?

Hello everyone!!!

l1050693.jpg

l1050695.jpg

amazing that this case has so much space :D

One thing i really don't like about this case is super ugly window.. it is completely misplaced. Not only it shows too much (psu), like in 800d, but what is even worse, it doesn't show upper part of motherboard. Ideally these plastic things that force window position could be at the bottom of side panel, so window would be showing entire motherboard, and covered part would be exactly what most people like to be covered - power supply compartment. It is really quite big design flaw.
Or even if they would sell solid side panels, to mount with regular screws, so everyone could cut his own window.

While I'm here, I'd just like to take a moment to thank Corsair (should Redbeard be reading!).

As an earlier adopter of the 800D, I'm so very pleased that Corsair offers, for incredibly affordable prices, a SATA6 backplane upgrade and USB3.0 front panel upgrade! Lots of companies would have created a "800E" and said "Too bad, buy another case", but stuff like this is why I consistently buy Corsair and feel it is quality and money well spent! Thanks for not forgetting about your enthusiast-do-it-yourself types and just letting you know some of us are paying attention! I really hope this trend continues, so we can feel secure in being able to upgrade our Corsair gear when possible without having to purchase a whole new one!

Just for seeing this, I'm going to either buy a 650D or Graphite Special Edition White for my server box which really needs some room, and an H70 for my main rig!

One thing i really don't like about this case is super ugly window.. it is completely misplaced. Not only it shows too much (psu), like in 800d, but what is even worse, it doesn't show upper part of motherboard. Ideally these plastic things that force window position could be at the bottom of side panel, so window would be showing entire motherboard, and covered part would be exactly what most people like to be covered - power supply compartment. It is really quite big design flaw.
Or even if they would sell solid side panels, to mount with regular screws, so everyone could cut his own window.
i really like the window size and placement. The ax850 i'm using begs to be shown off. I'm betting most people who buy the case also have a nice modular psu they wont mind showing off.

I also like the latches on the door, which require the window to be a little shorter than it could be. I'll admit i dont really like the molding around the window, it looks a little bit like a DIY job covering a rough dremel cut. I'd prefer a flush mount with the panel and no visible screws, but i assume corsair did it this way so that end users could easily swap it out with a mesh side if/when it becomes available.

I was sort of bummed when i got the 650 and it didnt come with a mesh side, after watching the CES video saying it would. However i probably wouldnt have used it anyways, so it really wasn't a big deal.

i really like the window size and placement. The ax850 i'm using begs to be shown off. I'm betting most people who buy the case also have a nice modular psu they wont mind showing off.

I also like the latches on the door, which require the window to be a little shorter than it could be. I'll admit i dont really like the molding around the window, it looks a little bit like a DIY job covering a rough dremel cut. I'd prefer a flush mount with the panel and no visible screws, but i assume corsair did it this way so that end users could easily swap it out with a mesh side if/when it becomes available.

I was sort of bummed when i got the 650 and it didnt come with a mesh side, after watching the CES video saying it would. However i probably wouldnt have used it anyways, so it really wasn't a big deal.

I agree with you. I like the window also and think that it shows a good part of the interior. The only thing I really hate about the case is the front 200mm fan.

I agree completely, The handles and molding look terribly out of place on this case. I appreciate the understated aethetics (square off corners, brushed/matte black finishes) of the Obsidian series so I'm kind of confused as to why Corsair decided to stick a bunch of plastic doo-dads on the side of the 650D. Also agreed on the window showing too much PSU. While I guess I see why somebody might want a giant advertisement for Corsair PSU's right there on the side, PSU's pretty much all look the same: its a box with wires. To me the PSU is an important part of the rig, but I'd much rather show off the CPU and upper area where you can do a lot more individualized stuff (different HSF's or custom WC, different RAM etc)

That said, none of these are really a deal breaker for me, and I'd be looking pretty hard at a 650D if I was in the market for a mid-tower
While I'm here, I'd just like to take a moment to thank Corsair (should Redbeard be reading!).

As an earlier adopter of the 800D, I'm so very pleased that Corsair offers, for incredibly affordable prices, a SATA6 backplane upgrade and USB3.0 front panel upgrade! Lots of companies would have created a "800E" and said "Too bad, buy another case", but stuff like this is why I consistently buy Corsair and feel it is quality and money well spent! Thanks for not forgetting about your enthusiast-do-it-yourself types and just letting you know some of us are paying attention! I really hope this trend continues, so we can feel secure in being able to upgrade our Corsair gear when possible without having to purchase a whole new one!

Quoted For Truth!!

Doesn't anyone run air cooling?

Damn, little dark

Any drawbacks to running CPU heatsink 90 degree rotated if you have a top exhaust? I'm wanting to avoid RAM clearance issues with a traditional push pull that exhausts out the rear of the case.

One thing i really don't like about this case is super ugly window.. it is completely misplaced. Not only it shows too much (psu).

Thanks for your post - I'll keep the window position stuff in mind for future cases, of course.

However, if I make the window shorter, then your systems won't show off our awesome PSUs. :)

Maybe just finding a better way to conceal the cables and show off the PSU logo...

If I block that PSU logo with my next windowed case, my buddy Steve (PSU product manager) is going to kill me.

A flush window would have been a better design i.e. 800D
What made Corsair go with the rubber around the window?

A flush window would have been a better design i.e. 800D
What made Corsair go with the rubber around the window?

It's not rubber, it's actually a plastic frame.It made sense based on window mounting techniques, and made the window easier to remove if we ever decide to offer a mesh side panel, etc.

For those who don't like it, the sides are reversible, so we'll be offering a solid side panel if you don't want a window at all.

It's not rubber, it's actually a plastic frame.It made sense based on window mounting techniques, and made the window easier to remove if we ever decide to offer a mesh side panel, etc.

For those who don't like it, the sides are reversible, so we'll be offering a solid side panel if you don't want a window at all.

The solid panel would be a good option in the future if I decide to pick one up then.

Thanks for the quick response.

Thanks for your post - I'll keep the window position stuff in mind for future cases, of course.

However, if I make the window shorter, then your systems won't show off our awesome PSUs. :)

Maybe just finding a better way to conceal the cables and show off the PSU logo...

If I block that PSU logo with my next windowed case, my buddy Steve (PSU product manager) is going to kill me.
Ahh, it all becomes clear now!

But how does your buddy over at the corsair CPU cooling division feel about the extra attention being given to the PSU section?? :D

Excellent news!

Ahh, it all becomes clear now!

But how does your buddy over at the corsair CPU cooling division feel about the extra attention being given to the PSU section?? :D

I'm the Corsair CPU cooling division and the Corsair Case division. :)

And a few other divisions as well.

Btw, the main issue is that it doesnt show entire motherbeard, if you look at horizontal point of view. You basically start to see motherboard from about middle of cpu socket.
The fact if a window shows power supply is more of a preference, first issue is more important.
This is also quite often mentioned in 800d threads on various forums, people often complain that window shows power supply. And not everyone is using corsair psu, at least not with such good looking black cables, and then window basically shows messy cables.

Seriously, is Corsair working on a closed-loop gpu solution?

You guys are winning almost everything in my book.

Seriously, is Corsair working on a closed-loop gpu solution?

You guys are winning almost everything in my book.

I can't comment on unannounced products, but nothing has been taken off the table.

Back