Corsair: 650D

Kits were built last week and are flying to our regional hubs this week. It should be on the web store soon.

I just ordered from ShopBLT, which orders it directly from Corsair. Since it's coming directly from Corsair to them within this week, not sitting in their warehouse, then to me, will it have the fan issue fixed?

I just ordered from ShopBLT, which orders it directly from Corsair. Since it's coming directly from Corsair to them within this week, not sitting in their warehouse, then to me, will it have the fan issue fixed?

I'm curious about this as well...but I suppose I'll find out when I get it.

Right now, anything that's in the channel is still part of the first shipments, which likely all have the issue.

The second shipments won't land at customers docks until late next month, it takes 3-4 weeks on the water to get from the manufacturer to your local resellers.

That being said, I have one of the "bad" units at home with a prototype of the fix kit, and I have no complaints.

im looking to switch over to this case from my stacker 830. i already upgraded to 2500k and am currently using a scythe mugen 2 heatsink and thats what im afraid of.

is this thing gonna fit in there? will it also fit my xfx 6950 card when it comes in the mail? i had to remove 2 of the top fans on the side fan bracket as well as cut some plastic off of it to fit the mugen 2.

im looking to switch over to this case from my stacker 830. i already upgraded to 2500k and am currently using a scythe mugen 2 heatsink and thats what im afraid of.

is this thing gonna fit in there? will it also fit my xfx 6950 card when it comes in the mail? i had to remove 2 of the top fans on the side fan bracket as well as cut some plastic off of it to fit the mugen 2.

Is the Mugen 2 larger than the Silver Arrow? I am using a Silver Arrow and I still have clearance.

Is the Mugen 2 larger than the Silver Arrow? I am using a Silver Arrow and I still have clearance.

oh i jus checked heights on both the mugen 2 (158mm) and the silver arrow (160mm) so if youve got clearance then that works for me.

thanks!

Looks like the 650 fix kits are in stock on the website.

Redbeard, should we grab them from there or go through you?

Mr. RedBeard the fan kit says it addresses the issue but the 650D came with 12 hard grommets and the fan kit only replaces 8 of them. So we have to decide which fan will keep on buzzing! So the fan kit is really only a partial fix.

Looks like the 650 fix kits are in stock on the website.

Redbeard, should we grab them from there or go through you?

it wont let me add a fix kit to my cart?

Anyone actually got one ordered? Says shipping in April. Did i miss the first ones?

Looks like we are going to have to pay for the "free kit" Shipping ranges from $10 to $60 Glad to know the customers are going to foot the bill for defective cases. I am really discouraged by the support or lack of so far. Still no reply from the website message I was told to leave to get info on the kit. Then from other means find out where to order it to find would be charged shipping on it. Oh it keeps getting better. Newegg will rma it but would be out $20 shipping to me guessing $30 shipping back to newegg and a $30 restocking fee. So in the end Corsairs "taking care of the customer" is going to cost somewhere between $10 - $70 to get a case that does not sound like a hair dryer.

Looks like we are going to have to pay for the "free kit" Shipping ranges from $10 to $60 Glad to know the customers are going to foot the bill for defective cases. I am really discouraged by the support or lack of so far. Still no reply from the website message I was told to leave to get info on the kit. Then from other means find out where to order it to find would be charged shipping on it. Oh it keeps getting better. Newegg will rma it but would be out $20 shipping to me guessing $30 shipping back to newegg and a $30 restocking fee. So in the end Corsairs "taking care of the customer" is going to cost somewhere between $10 - $70 to get a case that does not sound like a hair dryer.

Lets see what Redbeard says before jumping to conclusions. I just went to the corsair site and they are charging $5.51 for UPS ground shipping for me and I honestly think thats reasonable. I agree that corsair should take responsibility for their error, but at the same time, imagine how difficult it would be to track down and verify every 650D owner.

The shipping charges have been removed, that was an accident with the way the thing was set up.

Anybody who was charged for shipping will receive a credit or will have their charge reversed.

The URL is http://www.corsair.com/650dfankit

Thanks so much Redbeard. I guess the only other thing to clarify is the number of screws/grommets/whatever it includes for the fix and why.

Thanks so much Redbeard. I guess the only other thing to clarify is the number of screws/grommets/whatever it includes for the fix and why.

Eight soft rubber fan mounts to replace the harder rubber mounts the 200mm fans use, and an in-line capacitor to smooth out the PWM signal of the fan controller, which reduces the stop/start signals that cause the excessive vibration in large diameter fans.

Eight soft rubber fan mounts to replace the harder rubber mounts the 200mm fans use, and an in-line capacitor to smooth out the PWM signal of the fan controller, which reduces the stop/start signals that cause the excessive vibration in large diameter fans.

That's what I thought. I wasn't sure why people were expecting 12, as I was under the impression the rear fan was not impacted by the issue at all.

Only other issue is that the store is still trying to charge me 10 bucks for shipping. I guess I'll give it a few hours or so and hopefully shipping shows up as free soon.

xf411t.png

Just ordered one. Free shipping. $0 cost. Thanks Redbeard.

Thanks Redbeard for the update, just ordered it, glad that was fixed! :)

Now how do I get help for an RMA for other issues with my 650D, can't fill out the form on Corsair as it doesn't include the 650D. Can I PM you or something (please?).

Just curious how the buzzing was solved for new cases? Is the fix kit just installed at the factory or was there another change implemented in production?

I can't get past the select shipping part.

I'm in Canada, anyone able to finish it?

Overall, I'm slightly saddened, or extremely surprise by my Antec 900, that my Temps are 5 to 7C higher with this case, with all fans on high too.. Both gpus and my cpu.

Just curious how the buzzing was solved for new cases? Is the fix kit just installed at the factory or was there another change implemented in production?

In the rest of the cases we've fixed it at the fan controller end so an in-line capacitor is unneeded.

I got a lian li bezel to work.. not really happy with the gap.. which isnt quite this noticeable in real life...

even with the gap it is better than the bezel i painted IMO.

img2215t.jpg

img2221n.jpg

i have a plan to fix the gap and better intake on this fan:

22299858.jpg

If i can get Corsair to sell me another mesh front intake filter i could cut it lengthwise to fit where I have the drive bay covers at right now.

It would fix the gap and offer better airflow for the fan in the ODD bay.

I emailed asking if i can buy a replacement cover and i hope they will sell me one!!

corsair should just provide stealth drive covers for people who want them. I don't know why only Lian Li does it consistently.

So how much power adjustment is there actually for the fan controller?

It's a PWM controller so it's always 12V, but it varies the speed of the 200mm fans from ~700 RPM to ~1000 RPM (fans are +/- 15%).

so redbeard will it be possible to buy a spare mesh front filter for the 650d?

Yeah, if you contact customer service, the part is CC600T-FRONTMESH I believe. The mesh panel is the same on 600T/650D.

Redbeard, so this is a single in line capacitor, or do we get one for each fan input?

The capacitor has four inputs and outputs. You basically just plug it into the fan controller on one side, and then plug your fans into it on the other side.

I guess we all are having different experiences, but I have the dredded buzzing in my rear fan bypassing the controller just 12v off the psu with the stock fan, with a Noctua 120mm uln 6dB fan with the Corsair black screws/Corsair hard grommets and with Noctua male grommets/Corsair hard grommets. All combinations in the rear fan create that awful noise the only constant is the rear Corsair grommets. This is beginning to suck.

I guess we all are having different experiences, but I have the dredded buzzing in my rear fan bypassing the controller just 12v off the psu with the stock fan, with a Noctua 120mm uln 6dB fan with the Corsair black screws/Corsair hard grommets and with Noctua male grommets/Corsair hard grommets. All combinations in the rear fan create that awful noise the only constant is the rear Corsair grommets. This is beginning to suck.

That sounds like a different issue, and it sounds like you've got a faulty fan. We'll gladly replace it for you.

In all the samples I've tested the rear fan is near silent.

That sounds like a different issue, and it sounds like you've got a faulty fan. We'll gladly replace it for you.

In all the samples I've tested the rear fan is near silent.

Yeah, thankfully I haven't noticed any noise from the rear fan. Only issues I have are the 200mms and HDD noise.

I've noticed a whining sound with my Caviar Black that I did not notice before I upgraded the case from an Antec P180. I do know they are not the most quiet drives by any means. I'm looking into a new drive and modifications for sound dampening.

Perhaps it is because of the drive cages being right next to the front intake, which allows for good airflow, but basically leaves nothing between the drive and me but a filter. Not exactly the best for soundproofing.

Back