Corsair: 650D

Ok andi, I get ya brother, first build? Your are starting out high!;) Poop happens more often to those that seek try create and build. Corsair is a contributor and this is the best pc case on the planet right now, just hold on a few more days. I pulled my fans up raw with no attenuators on the fantroller oh it's not pretty, I get ya man but I already had a fix in the worx before my 650D arrived heard ahead of time. Help ya any way I can! ;)

Gotta figure out what to do with the USB 3.0 cables I tried to tuck away into the optical drive bay space.

The case is in stock in my local microcenter now. May drop by and check it out in person

Hey triple Joe, yea I got my USB 3.0s tucked into the optic bay also, I won't be using them till LGA2011 comes out Q3/Q4 then I will finally be getting a quad core and dropping my old 775 Core2 Duo. Gonna get Sandy Bridge-E processor 3.4GHz or faster, Asus Rampage 4 Extreme mobo, and Corsair Dominator quad channel memory 8GBs. Yea I am running a Noctua NH-D14 with no fans in the Corsair 650D and temps are GREAT! I mounted 2 Cooler Master 200mm megaflows in the case pulled out both hdd cages since I just have an Intel ssd and kept the stock Corsair 120mm rear in place but I have all 3 running attenuated at or below 10dB no fans on the Noctua cooler like I said, and the Corsair AX850 psu fan never spins up so zero dB there too. My video card is an Asus 6870 DirectCu and the fan runs at 15percent on auto. The entire rig produces less than 10dB at idle and running office apps according to my Noctua 140mm 10dB refererence fan which I plug in just to check noise levels. Hope some of this info helps you with your new build, personally I could not be more pleased, just sittin' tight until the fantroller fix kit comes in! ;) Thanks Corsair this bad boy is a work of art! ;)

Last edited:
An interesting development: anyone using the Corsair AX850 psu, Mr. Faulkton! The unit is designed to use it's outer metal housing/chassis as a heatsink and you are going to notice that the heat is intelligently transferred to the 650D! Just place your hand on the left side panel rear to the window and the metal surface will be warm to the touch also the rear psu exit grill and the rear of the 650D just above the psu dock, yet the fan still does not spin up so zero decibels, Corsair is brilliant! ;)

Last edited:
Hey triple Joe, yea I got my USB 3.0s tucked into the optic bay also, I won't be using them till LGA2011 comes out Q3/Q4 then I will finally be getting a quad core and dropping my old 775 Core2 Duo. Gonna get Sandy Bridge-E processor 3.4GHz or faster, Asus Rampage 4 Extreme mobo, and Corsair Dominator quad channel memory 8GBs. Yea I am running a Noctua NH-D14 with no fans in the Corsair 650D and temps are GREAT! I mounted 2 Cooler Master 200mm megaflows in the case pulled out both hdd cages since I just have an Intel ssd and kept the stock Corsair 120mm rear in place but I have all 3 running attenuated at or below 10dB no fans on the Noctua cooler like I said, and the Corsair AX850 psu fan never spins up so zero dB there too. My video card is an Asus 6870 DirectCu and the fan runs at 15percent on auto. The entire rig produces less than 10dB at idle and running office apps according to my Noctua 140mm 10dB refererence fan which I plug in just to check noise levels. Hope some of this info helps you with your new build, personally I could not be more pleased, just sittin' tight until the fantroller fix kit comes in! ;) Thanks Corsair this bad boy is a work of art! ;)

Sounds like an awesome setup man. Yeah, I'm not too concerned with the USB 3.0 cables, I know the technology is young so soon enough there will be an internal adapter and then i can route everything beautifully and have full speed front connectors. Corsair is ahead of the game. Cannot fault them for that.

What's your hard drive situation? Right now that is the loudest part of my rig I do believe.

No stealth covers? Boo. Guess I stick with PC-K7B Its a pretty nice case but I like a sleek look..

Saw it last night @ MC, it's very nice. I don't know about fans bigger than 120mm though... :eek:

yeah.. nice but severely overpriced Imo. i just came back from the store. compared it side by side with the 690iia and wasn't that impressed tbh when considering the cost :(. It would be a serious contender if the price was maybe $50-60 cheaper.. Even at that price, I might consider a phantom (which I didn't like before until I saw it in person)

The more pics I see of this case, the better it looks. Some of those earlier pics I guess had crappy lighting.

yeah.. nice but severely overpriced Imo. i just came back from the store. compared it side by side with the 690iia and wasn't that impressed tbh when considering the cost :(. It would be a serious contender if the price was maybe $50-60 cheaper.. Even at that price, I might consider a phantom (which I didn't like before until I saw it in person)

You just need to shop...... I got mine for $157cdn. Love price matching too.

50153893.jpg

22299858.jpg

31662429.jpg

57018051.jpg

67024520.jpg

56506088.jpg

27023351.jpg

I should have wiped stuff off before taking pics.. the smudges dont show that much in real life lol.

Here is a short video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKgyvG9Re5c

I havent built a computer in like 10 years and i figure this is a good start. There is still a lot of room for improvement :p

I agree with you on the Phantom. I just got back from CompUSA and saw the red one and a white one in person and was very impressed with the looks and quality. I was never into them, but after seeing it in person the Phantom is a great looking case.

the only real improvement i could see being done is that all the psu cables could go through the hole, which looks like its intended for all psu cables, before the one that they are all going through

i'm not really happy with the sata power and data cables.. because i removed the hdd cages and used a 5.25 odd drive cage it makes them all jacked up. I'm not happy with it. Same goes with my mess of fan wires. I should probably address those too.

I routed all the power cables through the hole i did because it made for less to work with on the rear where i had to worry about bulging the panel out.

There is definitely room for improvement in my wiring, but i dont think its too bad.

I got Amazon to honor the $204 dollar price on a maximus iv today.. so i'll probably have the chance to work on it a little bit when i swap out the $365 dollar one i got at newegg thats in there now :p

Nice work there falkton, I have a hard drive bay with 120mm fan that would work perfectly with that case if you are interested, let me know.

Nice work there falkton, I have a hard drive bay with 120mm fan that would work perfectly with that case if you are interested, let me know.

I'm also interested in this, as I am looking at options as what to do with the hard drives and the cages to best isolate as much noise as possible.

Anymore details on what you've got?

What is the cooler height restriction ? will a 170mm tall archon fit in there ? is that a cogage arrow in the posts above or a silver arrow ? that is 160mm tall how much room to play with ? and I take it there's no longer the issue of being able to fit thicker fans in the front lower intake ?

What is the cooler height restriction ? will a 170mm tall archon fit in there ? is that a cogage arrow in the posts above or a silver arrow ? that is 160mm tall how much room to play with ? and I take it there's no longer the issue of being able to fit thicker fans in the front lower intake ?

I can't give you an exact measurement of the height restriction, maybe Redbeard knows the specifics. That is my Silver Arrow in the pictures, and there is room to play with still. I'm trying to think of a way I could measure it for you. Also, one of the fans on my Silver Arrow is slightly raised because of the memory module beneath it. It is not touching the window and it appears you would still be able to put a finger (or two) in the space between the top of the fan/cooler and the window.

As for the lower fan, if you remove the HDD cages, I believe you can use as thick a fan as you want. I have not changed the fan yet, and I might not depending on the fan fix. But yeah, if you remove the default HDD cages, you can do a lot of things. If you keep them in place, you are limited.

Hope that helps a little bit!

Been wanting a Corsair 650D for a month or so now, but there continues to be only one in-stock option. Newegg, at full shipping charge, tax in California, and a $10 premium.

Microcenter doesn't charge higher than MSRP generally speaking, but they still don't have stock in Silicon Valley and are a few days delayed on their website ... which generally translates to who-knows-when-it-will-ship-or-if-we-really-have-stock.

I would like to know why companies continue to give Newegg preferential stock whenever their products are new to market, only to see Newegg jack the price over MSRP for the weeks it takes those products to filter into other retail channels.

I've seen Newegg do it time and time again. It's well within their rights to gouge when products are scarce, but I just don't understand why so many companies go along with it and keep giving them early-adopter dibs with all the extra little profit margin that goes along with preferential stock.

ended up getting one at the microcenter in santa clara. took advantage of the 10% off coupon so it ended up being slightly under $200 :) havent assembled it yet though.

ended up getting one at the microcenter in santa clara. took advantage of the 10% off coupon so it ended up being slightly under $200 :) havent assembled it yet though.

Didn't even think to check my local Microcenter for this. I've been waiting a while for a mid tower version of the 800D, and was going to be ordering it off NewEgg soon. Looks like I'll be taking a drive to Microcenter though :)

You can order from MicroCenter for $199 and about $17 shipping which is less than Newegg. I placed the order three days ago and it shipped out today.

It's only $183 at shopblt.com, with no tax and free shipping: http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?action=enter&thispage=01100500U0111_BDZ6839P.shtml

Never heard of them before but they have good feedback: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Bottom_Line_Telecommunications_15

I feel dumb, thanks for reminding me of ShopBLT. I ordered my 30 inch HP ZR30W monitor from them and one of my Intel SSDs (back when Newegg was gouging $75 over MSRP), and they've been great. But I always forget to check them for stock.

Ordered at $185.

Oh man, that ShopBLT deal is really tempting me...I've been trying to find the 650D for a sane price.

The 600T looked alright, but the lackluster cooling variation between low and high fan speeds was bumming me out (making the HUGE fan dial essentially useless in the process :().

I've never spent this much on a case before...but I assume that the quality makes up for it, based on the early opinions.

Coming from an early Antec 900, I'm really cramped for space with my cables and HDD's.
Plus, the level of dust that builds up in that case is driving me crazy :p.
I'm most likely going to bite, I can't imagine a better deal than this any time soon.

*I bought it, there was no way I could resist any longer! :D*

Last edited:
Just got mine built up... really nice but due to the whine, I added my nh-u12 1100rpm dongle, totally removed the whine but my gpu temps up 4-6C on both cards.

My da700 looks tiny now, as I too had a A 900.

My 1 gripe was the panel button/led cables being all loose. I did a simple braid and it neateneds it up. Also shortened them as man theyre nice and crazy long!

If i can get bthem gpu temps down It'll be a perfect case.

Just got mine built up... really nice but due to the whine, I added my nh-u12 1100rpm dongle, totally removed the whine but my gpu temps up 4-6C on both cards.

My da700 looks tiny now, as I too had a A 900.

My 1 gripe was the panel button/led cables being all loose. I did a simple braid and it neateneds it up. Also shortened them as man theyre nice and crazy long!

If i can get bthem gpu temps down It'll be a perfect case.

Our fix-it kit should remove the buzz/whine without affecting the fan RPMs.

Does this case collect dust easily on the top vents since it doesn't have any filters there?

well i finally removed all my stuff from my old antec three hundred and moved it all into my 650d. this is a really nice case...but yeah i have to keep my fans on high because of the buzz :(

Back