Corsair: 650D

Ya, I ended up ordering it from the sister site cause of the free shipping, and currently on hold to talk to the other place to cancel or credit my order, one way or another, I'm getting it for $180 CAD taxes in!
Can't wait!

How long are the cables on it?

Would the front panel connect to a x58a-ud3r, with the header at the bottom?

Also found it for 157.99 cdn.....

I think I will pass on newegg because I am in CA.. Don't want to pay 240 for this case!!

Thanks... 4 egg rating... apparently this doesn't perform too poorly as an electric razor according to the reviews.

The 4 egg rating was expected really. They could have used two stock 140mm fans in the front and two at the top. May have increased cost though.
I pass on cases with 200mm fans. The need to buy additional fans adds to the overall cost of the case i.e. 800D all over again.

Thanks... 4 egg rating... apparently this doesn't perform too poorly as an electric razor according to the reviews.
i second this i saw one in person and couldn't shave my beard, ok i might have lied about seeing one, but it reviewed poorly as a electric razor so i dont think its cutting my beard any time soon with that price tag

As for the buzzing noise, we actually have a fix for that. A limited number of 650Ds experience the issue, and we will have a fix we ship for free to anybody who goes to our webstore.

The issue has been addressed on all the current shipping 650Ds, but some of the early units that shipped out had the issue.

The noise only occurs when using the built-in fan controller on medium or low settings with the included 200mm fans. The fix kit will ship for free to anybody who wants it.

Is this free kit for Canadian customers too Redbeard? If not, I will have to cancel my order and wait for the newer batches.

Is this free kit for Canadian customers too Redbeard? If not, I will have to cancel my order and wait for the newer batches.

It will be free to anybody in the world that has a 650D and experiences this issue.

Thanks, my order was just pro cessed and about to be shipped.

Question, are the measurements the outside measurements?

Awesome, I just got my 650D this past week. Just waiting for my Megehalem to come in the mail and I should be all set to move all my hardware over. Overall, the case looks really nice. I'm not too keen on the window but it's not a deal breaker for me. And if Corsair makes a windowless sidepanel similar to the 700D, I'll give the aesthetics on this case a 5 out of 5.

Funny, I liked the 600t but for no window. Was my whole justification to get a 700D... But the 650D came to my banks rescue.

RedBeard can you tell us when amazon would have those cases?
i would like to take advantage of prime and no tax ofc ( ca sucks )

RedBeard can you tell us when amazon would have those cases?
i would like to take advantage of prime and no tax ofc ( ca sucks )

I, too, live in California. :)

Not sure on Amazon - my guess is end of April.

:O I picked up a used 800d for significantly less than the 650d but adding a ton of fans though bumped up the cost A LOT. I really like the 650d and kinda wish I had waited a few weeks, but I'm overall very happy with the 800 based on looks, sound, and cable management. I knew the airflow wasn't the best going in however!

For Mr. Redbeard: my 650D was ordered march 4th from Newegg and will arrive on the 9th. So it will Not have the buzzing issue? Thank you! ;)

It will probably have the issue, since Newegg has the first orders. It is only noticeable on the 200mm fans when connected to the fan controller and set to medium or low. But we'll be glad to send you the fix when we have them in stock.

Thanks Mr. Redbeard, so if I connect the Corsair 200mm fans that come with the case to say Noctua inline attenuation resistors to drop the volts there won't or will be a buzz? Is the issue the fans on lower volts or the fans/fantroller combination? I guess I'll find out when the case arrives Wednesday! Thanks! ;)

Thanks Mr. Redbeard, so if I connect the Corsair 200mm fans that come with the case to say Noctua inline attenuation resistors to drop the volts there won't or will be a buzz? Is the issue the fans on lower volts or the fans/fantroller combination? I guess I'll find out when the case arrives Wednesday! Thanks! ;)

It's a combination of the controller and the larger fans. The PWM signal from the controller causes the fans to shimmy just a little bit, and the initial shipments had the wrong rubber grommets installed on the fans.

In the lab we've fixed this a couple of ways, the most basic of which is to put the much softer rubber grommets on the fans (which prevents the motor noise from being transmitted to the chassis) and another way is to smooth out the PWM signal from the fan controller with an in-line capacitor.

If not using the built-in fan controller, the issue doesn't exist. Not sure on the Noctua inline attenuation resistors - let me know how it works out for you!

And of course, if you have any problems at all just PM me here and I'll take care of it.

which is better? 650D or the 600T special white edition?

It mostly comes down to aesthetic preference. I saw both machines at CES and the interiors are pretty much identical. The other big difference is the SATA hotswap port at the top of the 650D. Otherwise the differences are more cosmetic than anything else.

It mostly comes down to aesthetic preference. I saw both machines at CES and the interiors are pretty much identical. The other big difference is the SATA hotswap port at the top of the 650D. Otherwise the differences are more cosmetic than anything else.

which one looked nicer in your opinion?

I feel bad for people ordering in the US where its $200+shipping. Compared to here where its $165+tax with free shipping.

Don't feel too bad for us. We Americans get a comparatively great price on many goods vs most other countries, so having to pay extra on luxuries like a computer case should be an easy pill to swallow or else we need to be smacked upside the head.

There's also the better positioning of the upper fan and the higher rpm of the frontal intake which should greatly improve cooling. The 600t was average on the cooling front whereas the 650d should post better numbers.

where are these shipping from? please say from east coast location, NOT cali!

Last edited:
wohoo, coming from new jersey, should definitely have mine by friday! (i am in VA)
- i will def. be taking pictures and posting them as well as standing it up next to my friend's 700D

i also ordered some G930s. i have always used $20-$40 headsets, this should be amazing.

It's a combination of the controller and the larger fans. The PWM signal from the controller causes the fans to shimmy just a little bit, and the initial shipments had the wrong rubber grommets installed on the fans.

In the lab we've fixed this a couple of ways, the most basic of which is to put the much softer rubber grommets on the fans (which prevents the motor noise from being transmitted to the chassis) and another way is to smooth out the PWM signal from the fan controller with an in-line capacitor.

If not using the built-in fan controller, the issue doesn't exist. Not sure on the Noctua inline attenuation resistors - let me know how it works out for you!

And of course, if you have any problems at all just PM me here and I'll take care of it.

Interesting to hear.

Got my 650D today, finally had the time to move everything over, routed the cables as best I could (I've never had a case with cable management like this before, the backside is definitely crowded) and finally fired it up only to hear the horrible buzzing noise.

It was obvious it was the fans, but I wasn't sure why. Glad I found this thread, and glad to hear there is a fix on the way. Any time frame on that and do you know what exactly it will consist of?

In the meantime, I connected the front fan to the motherboard, and I totally disconnected the top fan. The top fan was the worst offender, while the front fan isn't exactly quiet, but it's tolerable. Temps look fine, so if it really bugs me I might unplug the front fan also. Silly me for ordering this so soon!

Interesting to hear.

Got my 650D today, finally had the time to move everything over, routed the cables as best I could (I've never had a case with cable management like this before, the backside is definitely crowded) and finally fired it up only to hear the horrible buzzing noise.

It was obvious it was the fans, but I wasn't sure why. Glad I found this thread, and glad to hear there is a fix on the way. Any time frame on that and do you know what exactly it will consist of?

In the meantime, I connected the front fan to the motherboard, and I totally disconnected the top fan. The top fan was the worst offender, while the front fan isn't exactly quiet, but it's tolerable. Temps look fine, so if it really bugs me I might unplug the front fan also. Silly me for ordering this so soon!

We'll be able to ship them likely by the week of the 20th. It'll probably include an in-line capacitor and the right rubber grommets.

which one looked nicer in your opinion?

Oh boy, that's a tough one. Both look great, and photos do a good job of bringing across what they look like. I will say that the paint job on the white 600T is very good, just in case that is a concern of yours.

It all comes down to what you like. If price is the factor, then get the white 600T. The hotswap bay in the 650D is honestly not a dealbreaker for me, if we are talking about functional differences.

Back