• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Control Resonant

Well, those were quick nerfs. Lame. I was looking forward to the reported difficulty. I don't get why they didn't just add an easy mode rather than nerf it for everyone :(.
They sort of do with the Accessibility modes or whatever its called. That "cheat mode" could've been leaned on w/o nerfing anything else.
 
Regarding the hotfix blunder, Remedy apologizes
1790303514502.png
 
Well, those were quick nerfs. Lame. I was looking forward to the reported difficulty. I don't get why they didn't just add an easy mode rather than nerf it for everyone :(.
i feel its plenty difficult still in the early stages. 6 hours in and its fine. enemies arent sponges though, which i think was the case pre-hotfix.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The Assist Mode menu lets you dial in difficulty aspects quite a bit.

The game is definitely fun. I need to dial in my performance settings some more.

Overall I feel like Remedy is still cranking which is nice to see considering all the incredible blunders, implosions, and Concord-esque blast craters we have been seeing in recent times.
 
Last edited:
once you get the gravity shift ability, things get confusing... hooooo-lyyyy...
10hours in, still loving every second.

combat is getting more hectic after you "liberate" a zone too, basically you get to a new one, clear it, kill the boss for that area, and everything respawns with new quests and events and the enemies this time around an fuck you up pretty fast if you're not careful.
 
Bought this, got to TOS, which has one of the nastiest clauses I have ever seen -> refunded.
 
Bought this, got to TOS, which has one of the nastiest clauses I have ever seen -> refunded.

these were the only things I could find online but Take Two is not the publisher of Resonant...maybe they just got caught up in the backlash:

Take-Two updated its global EULA and TOS, applying the changes retroactively to games released over a decade ago (such as the Borderlands series and Rockstar titles)...the new policy introduced forced arbitration clauses, waived class-action rights for US citizens, and officially made utilizing game mods, exploits, or even VPNs a bannable offense on their servers

the updated TOS also legally permitted the companies to log extensive personal data—including precise location data, hardware setups, internet activity, and voice/text chat recordings—which led to massive community backlash and immediate review-bombing across Steam
 
Really fun so far, and definitely takes the prior game to the next level. It feels like remedy has taken every major aspect from all their prior games and successfully put it into this one. The replay value is also insane here.

I can’t rate it perfect though because we didn’t get a new old gods of Asgard song. Really surprised they dropped the ball on that.
 
Really fun so far, and definitely takes the prior game to the next level. It feels like remedy has taken every major aspect from all their prior games and successfully put it into this one. The replay value is also insane here.

I can’t rate it perfect though because we didn’t get a new old gods of Asgard song. Really surprised they dropped the ball on that.
Hopefully in a DLC
 
Really fun so far, and definitely takes the prior game to the next level. It feels like remedy has taken every major aspect from all their prior games and successfully put it into this one. The replay value is also insane here.

I can’t rate it perfect though because we didn’t get a new old gods of Asgard song. Really surprised they dropped the ball on that.
Ashtray maze was pretty late in the game...
 
On my 4090 I just cranked everything to the max, set DLSS to quality, and turned on normal 2x framegen. It looks good and it my FPS don't ever seem to fall below 75'ish even with lots of stuff going on. Indoors it's usually pegged out at 120fps.
Game-wise, I'm enjoying myself. They do a pretty solid job of throwing all the movement and battle mechanics at you right away. They also don't skimp on the difficulty, either. I know some people who would probably bail without killing the first boss. It's definitely not a casual game.
 
Anyone playing this on a dualsense? The haptics are unreal. Every time the board speaks there's a magnitude 10 earthquake in my hands. It's one of the coolest combinations of touch and sound that I've ever experienced in a video game.

The haptics in general are super detailed, perfectly mirroring ambient sounds, the pitter patter of rain, etc... Haven't felt haptics this detailed since Astro Bot.

They also make really good use of the controller speaker for radio conversations with Zoe. Super cool stuff!
 
Anyone playing this on a dualsense? The haptics are unreal. Every time the board speaks there's a magnitude 10 earthquake in my hands. It's one of the coolest combinations of touch and sound that I've ever experienced in a video game.

The haptics in general are super detailed, perfectly mirroring ambient sounds, the pitter patter of rain, etc... Haven't felt haptics this detailed since Astro Bot.

They also make really good use of the controller speaker for radio conversations with Zoe. Super cool stuff!
I got it on PS5 Pro, and yeah it makes use of dualsense pretty good.
 
"the sinkhole" will stick with me for a long time. what an awesome part of the game. the design, the soundtrack, the story. never quite played anything like it before.
 
The patch that rolled out on Thursday tanked my performance. Getting major FPS drops any time I'm near spotlights or fog effects. I figured dropping my DLSS settings to balanced or performance would help, but it just lessened the effect slightly.
 
The patch that rolled out on Thursday tanked my performance. Getting major FPS drops any time I'm near spotlights or fog effects. I figured dropping my DLSS settings to balanced or performance would help, but it just lessened the effect slightly.
there was a mini patch today, 156mb, maybe that fixed it
 
20261002141809_1.jpg


I killed that thing the part that kept getting me was the Rocks that fell while chasing her just gotta stay out of the path. I choose the nunchuck thing and throwing rocks or items for my specials to start off with.
 
Last edited:
done after 35.5hrs. did everything ecxept for the random tasks left over in every zone. loved it. 10/10 game.

switched weapons for the last part, not because the first one wasnt working anymore, just cause i wanted to try a new playstyle. second choice rocked as well. what an experience!
 
done after 35.5hrs. did everything ecxept for the random tasks left over in every zone. loved it. 10/10 game.

switched weapons for the last part, not because the first one wasnt working anymore, just cause i wanted to try a new playstyle. second choice rocked as well. what an experience!

Did you play the first one as well? How do they compare?

I bought the first one on a deep discount and enjoyed it, but beat in ~15 hours and didn’t feel compelled to go for another run.
 
Did you play the first one as well? How do they compare?

I bought the first one on a deep discount and enjoyed it, but beat in ~15 hours and didn’t feel compelled to go for another run.
nah, went through a big slump the last couple of years, not playing much.
watched a lot of streams and playthroughs in that time though, of control too, so i kinda knew what was going on.

only got back into gaming this year, sitting down and playing games from start to finish.
 
Did you play the first one as well? How do they compare?

I bought the first one on a deep discount and enjoyed it, but beat in ~15 hours and didn’t feel compelled to go for another run.
I had an absolute great time with playing through Control & Resonant is no different. Currently at 34 hours in with plenty more to do.

Control is small to large "indoor" environments with slower paced combat & Resonant has small indoor to large open world areas with fast paced combat. Different styles of traversal with either, but similar mechanics overall.
 
  • Like
Reactions: w35t
like this
Oddly, I've been struggling to get into this game. It checks the right boxes on paper, but I just don't feel motivated to play as much as I expected to. With Gears and the Star Wars racing game popping up tomorrow, maybe I just need a break.
 
Back
Top