CONTROL (Remedy)

What option RAYTRACING makes the best visually difference? I have Rtx 3090 and when turning off all raytracing i have always 100fps thats good. 1440P.
But want only turn 1 option. Reflections are not necesarry.

Well, that is the biggest noticeable improvement, the reflections. Everything else is mostly gee-whiz better shadows & AO.

What option RAYTRACING makes the best visually difference? I have Rtx 3090 and when turning off all raytracing i have always 100fps thats good. 1440P.
Use DLSS and turn all on? Control has very good DLSS with the newest versions.

Use DLDSR 2.25x on your 1440p screen to run 4k and then use DLSS on quality or balanced. Then run all the ray tracing settings on but you can go without ray traced shadows if you want more fps. The shadows in this game are inconsistent anyway and look like pure trash in spots no matter what setting.

Use DLDSR 2.25x on your 1440p screen to run 4k and then use DLSS on quality or balanced. Then run all the ray tracing settings on but you can go without ray traced shadows if you want more fps. The shadows in this game are inconsistent anyway and look like pure trash in spots no matter what setting.
you are right. I dont see huge differences between native 1440P <no dlss> and dlss 960P. :) And fps is better

Does AMD cards support realtime raytracing, reflections and SSRTGI ?
The 6000 series does support raytracing but is to weak to run it well above 1080p. If you turn on all options then even the 6900xt will be barely playable at 1440p and 60+ fps average is only possible at 1080p with 6800xt and higher. Full Ray tracing at 1440p without DLSS requires a 3080 or higher to get decent framerates. Afaik only Cyberpunk 2077 is more demanding when it comes to running with raytracing on.

I turned reflections off,transparent reflections OFF and ray traced contact shadows off. All rest on. Indirect Diffuse Lightning ON,Rau trace Debris ON. And in fights , i tested research facility lvl ,min 80 fps

1440P 4MSAA :) No dlss

The important thing is that you like the way it looks. I'm a graphics whore, and if I had the card to swing it I'd be running everything on because it's such a good looking game. Enjoy!

Primarily because the 9900K has 2 cores and 4 threads fewer than the 10850K, 4 cores and 8 threads fewer than the 5900X.

Secondary is because the 3080 Ti and 3090 are much more powerful compared to the 2080 Ti, meaning they are getting work done at a faster rate comparatively. The faster the GPU finishes rendering a frame, the longer it will have to wait on the CPU.
I tested now on 12900K and 3090 ti and no drops ,usage 98% and getting there 120 fps.

Few days ago and today when i was playing Control, the same area,scene i was getting stable 98% usage and 120fps. Today i run game again and had in the same area,place 80-90% usage with 100fps.It was tested exactly in the same spot, with the same enemies.Weird optimization.

Last edited:
Few days ago and today when i was playing Control, the same area,scene i was getting stable 98% usage and 120fps. Today i run game again and had in the same area,place 80-90% usage with 100fps.It was tested exactly in the same spot, with the same enemies.Weird optimization.
It wasn't the same though. That is why playing a game and capturing a single data point is not a benchmark. There are a lot of other factors at play even in the same scene in a game. Benchmarks are scripted to be a control (hehe) in a test so that it can be repeated to view changes.

You would want to at least record fps graphed out for a whole duration of playing to get somewhat of an idea but still messy enough of data to not be of much value.

Play the games and try to have fun before you ruin the entire hobby for yourself looking for perfection.

I dont know why but i am gettin weird stuttering during combat. No fps drops but stutter for 1ms. Chitching or something. Dont know if this is game related or 12900K? Maybe ram in gear 1 3600mhz xmp?

I dont know why but i am gettin weird stuttering during combat. No fps drops but stutter for 1ms. Chitching or something. Dont know if this is game related or 12900K? Maybe ram in gear 1 3600mhz xmp?
VRR. ? Freesync or Gsync turned on?

Playing this now

I just got to the Black Rock Quarry, major Half-Life Xen vibes 😀

Alan's Half Awake Life

I haven't played the Alan Wake DLC yet, playing the Foundation DLC now to see if it gives me more of an ending..........probably not.

Really what a shit ending, because there really is no ending at all. Not even in an ambiguous way. It's just 'OK, we're done now, bye!' ................. wtf

Are you reading the various notes and whatnot? The story is not spoon-fed at all, but by the end of the DLC you should have a good idea where things stand. It's not wrapped up with a bow, both because that's not the kind of story this is, and because it leaves a sequel as a possibility.

Are you reading the various notes and whatnot? The story is not spoon-fed at all, but by the end of the DLC you should have a good idea where things stand. It's not wrapped up with a bow, both because that's not the kind of story this is, and because it leaves a sequel as a possibility.

Yes, reading and collecting was fun, kept me going.

Still a shit ending.

Strange, I actually thought the story was too spoon fed, to the point of being annoying.

I should reinstall it I liked it but just so distracted.

It's a fun world like I said just don't expect a story in that you get an ending - just beat the foundation - still no real ending - that did sour the experience for me but otherwise was fun enough to keep me playing even after no ending :/

Fired up this game which I got for Free on Epic like two years ago on my LG Oled this game looks Amazing. I had to increase the brightness a few notches from where I had it though.
If you do full brightness with the LG it looks too bright in game not washed out just too bright. I would of took screenshot but X-Box game bar is broken currently.

There isn't a hard ending but I feel that's in keeping with the whole vibe of the game. Hiss defeated (more like contained), your childhood friend and brother both gone, FBC in disarray and you are going to have to clean it up quickly. In other words, normal operation for the FBC on an year over year basis.

Fired up this game which I got for Free on Epic like two years ago on my LG Oled this game looks Amazing. I had to increase the brightness a few notches from where I had it though.
If you do full brightness with the LG it looks too bright in game not washed out just too bright. I would of took screenshot but X-Box game bar is broken currently.
Dude, me too - I honestly wasn't that interested in this game after seeing gameplay vids because it looked like you were doing the same thing over and over (throw objects at, or lift, enemies... shoot them, repeat). And you basically are. But it hasn't stopped being fun. There's just enough paranormal creepiness / weird factor to keep a sort of dark or sinister theme going. The inanimate Objects of Power are pretty creepy and interesting. Missions are fun. Destroying the Hiss is fun. Level design is quite good. Lots of narrative here, both through cutscenes/conversations and the notes that you collect. It's a banger of a free game, and knowing what I know now I would've happily paid $30 for it (that's not a knock on the game; Steam sales and Humble Bundles have killed almost any desire for me to pay $59.99+ for any game outside of rare exceptions).

Right!? I can't see paying $60 for a game that will be half that in six months. But Control is worth whatever I paid for it. The Oldest House is amazing, the Gameplay is great, the eye candy is worth RTX...

Couldn't get into Quantum Break too many and too long cutscenes

Only Kojima can pull that off, because I spend the entire time trying to figure out WTF they're talking about

I got this for free during one of those Epic Store giveaways...still haven't played it yet...with the new patch it seems the game is even better now from a visual/RT standpoint
I loved it, weird af story but very cool gun play with powers, thinking about giving it another go since I now have the Ultimate edition.

Since it was an actual Remedy developer who created this mod there must be a reason Remedy didn’t just patch it into the game themselves… but I can’t fathom why?

Since it was an actual Remedy developer who created this mod there must be a reason Remedy didn’t just patch it into the game themselves… but I can’t fathom why?

Yeah, dumb

Maybe let him dev + beta test for free in his free time then when done issue as official patch

Or they don't wanna spend $1 on support for it ever so that's why this way

Back