CONTROL (Remedy)

Is this game selling well?

It looks cool to me, and I do like my RTX. But I honestly don't know anyone who plays this, And I do know more than 5 people...surprisingly..

Just doesnt seem to be much chatter around this title atm.

Yeah I'm afraid to buy this game since it's only on Epic really Q-BZ didn't think too much of it.
I checked out the bosses on youtube wasn't really impressed I mean I got a better vibe from the Max Payne series. I was more impressed with Quantum Break but I never really spent more then two hours in the game.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm afraid to buy this game since it's only on Epic really Q-BZ didn't think too much of it. wasn't really impressed I mean I got a better vibe from the Max Payne series. I was more impressed with Quantum Break but I never really spent more then two hours in the game.

I liked it overall. Don't take me as being too harsh.

There are some aspects of it that I thought were brilliant and some other aspects that were hit and miss. Some of the gameplay and gunplay could have been refined a little bit more, for example.

I see a lot of super gushing reviews and feedback out there that have this as practically the Second Coming of Gaming and I can't go with that. For me this was maybe an 7.5- 8/10 title at most. Youtube will definitely give you a very good idea of what you are in for.

I liked Quantum Break as well for what it was although it was another hit and miss game for me.

I would simply caution anyone going into Control that if they expecting "Max Payne meets the X-files" to temper those expectations.

I loved it, and I'd put it more as "twin peaks meets the X-Men" (well Jean Grey at least)

Thought the combat was really fun. The destruction of the areas you fight in really adds to it.

After a little less than two hours I went and asked for a refund. The game froze up on me twice which was frustrating. And there is no difficulty option in the game and I'm much more of a casual gamer so dying over and over was infuriating. And I also like to play most games with a controller but the developers didn't have enough sense to even include an auto aim option when using the controller. Oh well those two asinine decisions from them cost them a sale and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

It isn’t x-files, it’s twilight zone with a little max Payne DNA.

The VA is great, atmosphere is stellar, gun play is average, powers are good-great, the twilight zone aspects are great. The graphics are hit and miss, RTX looks great, without no so much. Enemies are too dark to get a good feel for their looks, but they die in an ink like explosion that does odd things with the environments and helps foster the amazing atmosphere.

It isn’t x-files, it’s twilight zone with a little max Payne DNA.

The VA is great, atmosphere is stellar, gun play is average, powers are good-great, the twilight zone aspects are great. The graphics are hit and miss, RTX looks great, without no so much. Enemies are too dark to get a good feel for their looks, but they die in an ink like explosion that does odd things with the environments and helps foster the amazing atmosphere.

Excellent shorthand summary.

Be patient in the early goings, folks. :)

Well getting a refund back from Epic is a huge pain in the ass. I followed their instructions and sent them an email and they reply back asking for information that was already given such as my name and my email. They then ask for any accounts that were connected to my Epic account which I don't see it what has to do with anything. Anyway I send them that information back and then the next day they actually want a screenshot of the purchase even though they have my account name, email address, and my actual name that the account is associated with. And then on top of that I will not get the $10 coupon back that I used since he said it was the one time use. That makes zero sense as that means I'm not actually getting a full refund since I could use that $10 coupon on another game since I'm returning this one. Really what a bunch of BS.

Well getting a refund back from Epic is a huge pain in the ass. I followed their instructions and sent them an email and they reply back asking for information that was already given such as my name and my email. They then ask for any accounts that were connected to my Epic account which I don't see it what has to do with anything. Anyway I send them that information back and then the next day they actually want a screenshot of the purchase even though they have my account name, email address, and my actual name that the account is associated with. And then on top of that I will not get the $10 coupon back that I used since he said it was the one time use. That makes zero sense as that means I'm not actually getting a full refund since I could use that $10 coupon on another game since I'm returning this one. Really what a bunch of BS.

Sounds crappy overall, but the coupon not being refundable is pretty common place on most online stores.

Too bad you didn't like the game though. I didn't find it that hard but I used a mouse as I will never use a controller for a shooter heavy game. If I recall, some areas you had to go around initially because of difficultly or blockages and then come back later. Maps are fairly open ended and I often would find places and explore them before the story missions took me there. Couple of areas I certainly did get lost a bit though it wasn't bad overall. If you can use mouse/keyboard, I suggest picking it up again next year when its bargain bin prices.

Hey guys. I managed to get 55-60+fps with 1440P MSAA 4x on 2080 ti. Just unchecked ALL RTX options,and checked used only 2: Reflections and diffuse lightning. Now its so awesome smooth and perfect looking.

Sounds crappy overall, but the coupon not being refundable is pretty common place on most online stores.

Too bad you didn't like the game though. I didn't find it that hard but I used a mouse as I will never use a controller for a shooter heavy game. If I recall, some areas you had to go around initially because of difficultly or blockages and then come back later. Maps are fairly open ended and I often would find places and explore them before the story missions took me there. Couple of areas I certainly did get lost a bit though it wasn't bad overall. If you can use mouse/keyboard, I suggest picking it up again next year when its bargain bin prices.
Well the thing about the coupon is as I look at it as sort of a store credit if you were buying something somewhere and you would get that back so you could use it on something else. A full refund is a full refund and part of what I used to purchase the game was a coupon which again is essentially store credit. That coupon was not supposed to expire until May of next year so I should be able to use it on another game if I get a refund on this one.

And once I saw there was no auto aim option in the game I did try to use the mouse and keyboard. I still found the combat to be a bit too hard for me. And if I'm having trouble already at the beginning of the game on easy enemies then I can't even imagine how frustrating it will be later on. It is ridiculous not to offer different levels of difficulty for those that want an easier or harder experience. One size does not fit all when it comes to game difficulty.

And also as I said the game had froze up on me a couple times so there was also that to deal with.

Well the thing about the coupon is as I look at it as sort of a store credit if you were buying something somewhere and you would get that back so you could use it on something else. A full refund is a full refund and part of what I used to purchase the game was a coupon which again is essentially store credit. That coupon was not supposed to expire until May of next year so I should be able to use it on another game if I get a refund on this one.

And once I saw there was no auto aim option in the game I did try to use the mouse and keyboard. I still found the combat to be a bit too hard for me. And if I'm having trouble already at the beginning of the game on easy enemies then I can't even imagine how frustrating it will be later on. It is ridiculous not to offer different levels of difficulty for those that want an easier or harder experience. One size does not fit all when it comes to game difficulty.

And also as I said the game had froze up on me a couple times so there was also that to deal with.

I'd certainly look into it again next year. Maybe they'll add those options. They just did some free DLC and have paid DLC in the works so maybe there will be version with all the DLC next year along with those changes with a lower price. Not the best game but I'd still say it was one of the more interesting ones I've played recently. I'd certainly give it an 8 or 8.5 or so out of 10. Didn't have crashing issues on my end luckily. Maybe one or two but nothing noteworthy and I did most of the side content and bosses.

there are no coupons. they are giving $10 off on every game purchase as you get "new" coupon after each buy of games > $15. They did the same for summer, but it was phrased as a "discount" so many gaming companies took offense.

there are no coupons. they are giving $10 off on every game purchase as you get "new" coupon after each buy of games > $15. They did the same for summer, but it was phrased as a "discount" so many gaming companies took offense.
Sorry you are mistaken as it most certainly was a coupon. And once I used it it now says it was claimed right there in my account and customer service says they can't reinstate it since and will not give me a $10 credit towards another game. Yes you can get $10 off of a game if you buy another qualifying product first but that is not the same exact thing I'm talking about.

Last edited:
What product are you trying to buy that does not include a $10 discount? The discount does not appear to apply to preorders, everything else I pull up includes an $10 discount in addition to stated discounts. I have picked up 6 games during their sale, all included an $10 discount.
Hell, you could get RDR2 for $38.

What product are you trying to buy that does not include a $10 discount? The discount does not appear to apply to preorders, everything else I pull up includes an $10 discount in addition to stated discounts. I have picked up 6 games during their sale, all included an $10 discount.
Hell, you could get RDR2 for $38.
Okay my bad I had misunderstood what was going on with the "coupon". I did try to get the Metro Exodus expansion pass and it did not get applied there but yeah you are right it gets applied to nearly all games. Pretty ridiculous that you can buy the Metro Exodus Gold Edition which includes the expansion pass for only $4 more than the expansion pass by itself since it's not on sale at all.

Control hard? It’s easy, almost laughably so as long as you don’t try to play it like a cover shooter (it isn’t). Just run and gun and forget about taking cover, the faster your moving the better and the closer to the enemy as well. they drop health in the form of little blue cubes, which is about the only way to heal in the game so Pac-Man that up.

The alert missions can be a real pain, at least until you have a good power load out.

After a little less than two hours I went and asked for a refund. The game froze up on me twice which was frustrating. And there is no difficulty option in the game and I'm much more of a casual gamer so dying over and over was infuriating. And I also like to play most games with a controller but the developers didn't have enough sense to even include an auto aim option when using the controller. Oh well those two asinine decisions from them cost them a sale and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Control has separate aim assist options for both mouse and keyboard. And in general, lets you tweak how the controls behave, a lot more than most games.

Difficulty has some dynamic qualities to it. The game adjusts certain encounters depending upon various factors.

Control has separate aim assist options for both mouse and keyboard. And in general, lets you tweak how the controls behave, a lot more than most games.

Difficulty has some dynamic qualities to it. The game adjusts certain encounters depending upon various factors.
Well I guess I'm blind then as I didn't notice that. I know for sure they do not have any kind of aim assist for the controller because even when I Googled it people were complaining about that.

I decided to keep the game so I'll look back in the settings menu when I get home. I was just having a whole lot of trouble getting used to the combat as the last couple of games I played we're just completely different. And also I haven't had the game freeze up at all since playing a couple hours in dx11 so dx12 was causing a problem for me.

Hey guys. Whats the deal of DLSS 960P? Image looks pretty low res comparing to render resolution 1080P MSAA 4x. I prefer playing on 1080P with MSAA 4x,image looks sharper ,not pixelated and smooth.
My monitor is 1440P 144HZ and Aorus 2080 ti Waterforce.

Monitor is GSYNC but 35-50fps its not smooth for me when playing on 1440P MSAA 4x with RTX HIGH ofc.

Hope the 2nd one comes out soon. Will just play them back to back. Looks like the 2nd will tie into Alan Wake, I just replayed those games as well.

https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/13/control-remedy-foundation-expansion-release-date/

The second expansion is called AWE (Altered World Events). The "Alan Wak" tie-in is just speculation from the community due to the acronym.

URL unfurling was also disabled some time ago, even if it is explicitly set to true in the BB code. Embedding is also gone for Bitchute, Streamable, Facebook, Kickstarter and Steam. Was thinking about posting about it in Help & Feedback.

The second expansion is called AWE (Altered World Events). The "Alan Wak" tie-in is just speculation from the community due to the acronym...

I think it's more then just speculation...it's pretty much confirmed...looking at the upcoming Control DLC roadmap poster from back in September you can see the top half of AWE's lettering is comprised of the iconic Alan Wake box art that sees the protagonist shining a flash light at viewers in the midst of a foggy forest...

AWE.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's more then just speculation...it's pretty much confirmed...looking at the upcoming Control DLC roadmap poster from back in September you can see the top half of AWE's lettering is comprised of the iconic Alan Wake box art that sees the protagonist shining a flash light at viewers in the midst of a foggy forest...

View attachment 229790
I see what you mean, but it isn't confirmed until the developer explicitly says so. Regardless, I can totally see both stories being intertwined.

One of those games I'm afraid to buy. I mean you cant even buy toliet paper at Walmart so it's going to have to wait

The game is pretty easy overall, I've died a few times from being overly aggressive but if you play it smart you'll almost never die:

One of those games I'm afraid to buy. I mean you cant even buy toliet paper at Walmart so it's going to have to wait

this game seems best with an RTX card...if you don't have one then I would wait...the ray-tracing features built into the gameplay are what make it unique

Control With RTX and DLSS 2.0

DLSS 2.0 Quick compassion difference with little quality change.

Resolution 3840 x 2160 DLSS 2.0 Performance(1920x1080)
49708521718_fe5fe98ef6_o.jpgControl_DX12Performance by gerard fraser, on Flickr

Resolution 3840 x 2160 DLSS 2.0 Balanced(2227x1252)
49709057136_85bb4e7615_o.jpgControl_DX12Balanced by gerard fraser, on Flickr

Resolution 3840 x 2160 DLSS 2.0 Quality(2560x1440)
49709377767_11f2477483_o.jpgControl_DX12Quality by gerard fraser, on Flickr

Resolution 3840 x 2160 DLSS 2.0 Performance(1920x1080)
49709499872_d4fe939856_o.jpgControl_DX12Performance by gerard fraser, on Flickr

Resolution 3840 x 2160 DLSS 2.0 Balanced(2227x1252)
49708643163_50642d74ec_o.jpgControl_DX12Balance by gerard fraser, on Flickr

Resolution 3840 x 2160 DLSS 2.0 Quality(2560x1440)
49708642933_b42a2a0ee5_o.jpgControl_DX12Quality by gerard fraser, on Flickr

hard to tell anything from a screen shot, in my experience with DLSS original still frame look fine, in motion it becomes a hot mess.

hard to tell anything from a screen shot, in my experience with DLSS original still frame look fine, in motion it becomes a hot mess.
I should have mentioned that in the screenshots about the hot mess.
I think that DLSS 2.0 Nvidia did an awesome job in this game and the DLSS 2.0 has reduced almost all problems related to shimmering blurry objects while moving,especially small objects and things like broom handles sticks,grates ,fences not perfect but very acceptable.

Control Resolution 3840 x 2160 DLSS 2.0 Quality(2560x1440) . Trying To Use A Controller I Suck and DLSS 2.0 is not a problem anymore.

Fast question. Did that game have a crash folder? I mean if game crash it will record file to folder?

DLSS 2.0 is amazing, i've tried it out in both Mechwarrior 5 and now Control - It resolves the motion issues from before. Now DLSS lives up to the marketing hype from the original version.

Hoping they update Metro Exodus with it, and BFV. Now that DLSS 2.0 doesn't detract visually we can actually run raytracing features without the visual loss.

Anybody have crashing when playing with pressing ESC go to menu and back again ? In some try it crash with black screen with mouse arrow to desktop. Weird. In game no problems. Also its not display driver crash just app crash. Faulty module:CoherentGTJ.dll

Back