• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Conroes in stock @ newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
$399 for a 6400 ......... W T F ....


They just lost out on my next 3,000 order. That's flat out wrong.





OMFG ... update, $389 for the 6300 ??? .... That is the WORSE price gouge I've ever seen.

People, write these guys and threaten them with no longer doing buisness. What BS.
 
ROFL

:eek:


$389 for an e6300, but dont worry guys! you can save $30 on the combo deal!

I really hope thats a typo, but something tells me its not.
 
I just emailed Newegg, I will not be spending my money with them anytime soon.

That's shows horrible disrespect to their customers.
 
That's over 100% markup on the e6300. Does newegg seriously think anyone is going to buy these?
 
Oh my god, and I thought the X2 price gouging was bad.

gg Newegg, you just lost my Conroe order.
 
If this price doesn't drop FAST, what are they thinking? They're this huge computer hardware site so they think that they're going ring out some extra money from their customers?
 
I'd say this is equivalent to the 9/11 gas price gouges. :(
 
I knew they'd be doing this when they had the X6800 selling for 1350$

This is alot worst, since its 90-100% profit, and obviously gouging the consumers.

ZZF all the way - they advertise great prices, and honestly dont have em in stock cause they get em' where we get em. They just arent available atm.
 
Friggin' WOW. I bet when they finally get the E6600 in, it's gonna be $599!

Un-frickin-believable.
 
This is the worse case yet seen by anyone.

You guys need to email newegg and let them know they are losing loyal paying customers.

If you don't, this kind of practice will only continue and get worse.

How could the Newegg we all love and cherish fall like this?

Great company, great service but, this pricing is really unexpected. Why couldn't they have fair pricing, sell out and just be done with it? Make everyone happy. Keep their customers happy. They already make millons a day.

What kind of message are they trying to send?
 
SixFootDuo said:
That's shows horrible disrespect to their customers.


Ok... how do you figure that shows disrespect? You aren't friends with newegg, the owner/stockholders? are NOT your buddies, they aren't you local "mom and pop" store... they are a business, a big one at that. Bottom line is that they will get that kind of money for those chips.... so it would be stupid if they lowered the price. I would actually think less of them if they didn't sell them for the most money that they can make. Supply and Demand people.... not that hard to figure out. the goal of ANY business is to make MONEY.... you don't make money by selling things for less than they are worth.
 
I was about to report this but I see I've been beaten to the punch.

Funny how Newegg ALWAYS has stuff listed for a while via the search function before they actually start listing it in their interface.

And yeah, those prices are fvcking retarded. Just another black mark on Newegg's record (which btw has been terrible lately)
 
Your an idiot. There is just no way you can honestly stand up for them. That's retarded. In fact, I am adding you to my ignore list. I could care less to even see one more word from you, period.

Ok done, that was easy.

But, like I was saying, great company, great range of products, great service but, this is a huge black mark and it does show a huge lack of disrespect to their loyal customers and new customers alike.

Newegg gets a lot of traffic from all the great feedback they get.

So, and this is a true story btw, when my friend who has been wanting a simple upgrade goes to newegg cause I told him to, that their prices would be very good ... and he sees the $400 price tag for the E6300 ... all of a sudden, I look like a dumb ass.

And what is really painful is, he was with me in KC at Microcenter and had the cash on hand to get a E6600 for under $400 dollars ... and now this? Jeeze.

That is exactly the point I am trying to make.

Sorry, but this is wrong and it's a little upsetting but, before I add that much more drama to this thread, I will stop with the ranting, but still.
 
Someone forward this to the newegg guy that posts on here, wonder if he'll say anything (probably not)
 
SixFootDuo said:
Your an idiot. There is just no way you can honestly stand up for them. That's retarded. In fact, I am adding you to my ignore list. I could care less to even see one more word from you, period.

LMAO... thanks for the add. :rolleyes: let me guess.... you are a socialist as well? Do you have any understanding of the way free market economies work? Capitalism?
 
Poncho said:
Ok... how do you figure that shows disrespect? You aren't friends with newegg, the owner/stockholders? are NOT your buddies, they aren't you local "mom and pop" store... they are a business, a big one at that. Bottom line is that they will get that kind of money for those chips.... so it would be stupid if they lowered the price. I would actually think less of them if they didn't sell them for the most money that they can make. Supply and Demand people.... not that hard to figure out. the goal of ANY business is to make MONEY.... you don't make money by selling things for less than they are worth.

So that means you were all for gas at $5 or $6 a gallon in Lousianna after hurrican Katrina. Supply and demand right?
 
there are other e-shop that are big (maybe not as big as Newegg) that are not disrespecting their customers like this. Even Outpost/Frys has them for much cheaper.
 
wheels2040 said:
So that means you were all for gas at $5 or $6 a gallon in Lousianna after hurrican Katrina. Supply and demand right?


Yea actually... when you figure all the damage that occurred to the oil rigs in the gulf, not to mention the ports being shutdown, it's really not that surprising. Happens all the time when shit goes wrong in oil countries overseas... why should we be any different? Hell.... our gas is still cheaper than any other country in the world. But really... you are comparing apples to oranges here. IIRC there are laws in place to prevent price gouging in the case of disasters... and I don't quite think that Conroe not being available everywhere counts as a disaster. LOL
 
Sabrewulf165 said:
I was about to report this but I see I've been beaten to the punch.

Funny how Newegg ALWAYS has stuff listed for a while via the search function before they actually start listing it in their interface.

And yeah, those prices are fvcking retarded. Just another black mark on Newegg's record (which btw has been terrible lately)

I agree with ya' this time 100%.

As the other guys said it is a clear sign of disrespect to its customers. It shows they are looking for suckers LOL!

After saying that watch the ding bats flock there pay these greedy bastards these inflated prices. We saw that happen with the X6800 :rolleyes:
 
TDub said:
there are other e-shop that are big (maybe not as big as Newegg) that are not disrespecting their customers like this. Even Outpost/Frys has them for much cheaper.

You got that right!
 
TDub said:
there are other e-shop that are big (maybe not as big as Newegg) that are not disrespecting their customers like this. Even Outpost/Frys has them for much cheaper.

Hell, even ebay isnt as high.
 
I just came here to post about this!

I cannot believe the prices - that is insane!

I really hope it's some sort of mistake but who knows maybe they are hoping to make a quick buck.
 
"This message is hidden because Poncho is on your ignore list"

haha, I bet he is spewing more pro-newegg-diatrab but I will never know lol.

Anyways, I will give it a rest guys. Sorry, but after spending $25,000 grand over the last few years and telling countless people about Newegg, how great they are, and now this ...

Oh jeeze. How the mighty have fallen.

Rape, pure and simple.

I just had two friends call me about the pricing. This news is spreading like wild fire.
 
It looks like it's some sort of combo deal. Buy it for that price and get some free Vaseline!

:D

Meh, I still love NewEgg. Thank god I have some patience and still haven't ordered anything for my new Conroe build.
 
They should add this combo with every conroe sold
When you buy a Conroe Chip You Get a Free Bonus Item!!
One Free Gallon of Lube!!
 
Poncho said:
Ok... how do you figure that shows disrespect? You aren't friends with newegg, the owner/stockholders? are NOT your buddies, they aren't you local "mom and pop" store... they are a business, a big one at that. Bottom line is that they will get that kind of money for those chips.... so it would be stupid if they lowered the price. I would actually think less of them if they didn't sell them for the most money that they can make. Supply and Demand people.... not that hard to figure out. the goal of ANY business is to make MONEY.... you don't make money by selling things for less than they are worth.
You are a grouchy s.o.b. aren't you? Yet another quality post :rolleyes:
 
The people that will order 6300's and 6400's from them will be people that have followed many
of the threads where people can't get their hands on a Conroe, and just want to get one from a reliable vendor that will actually have one in stock. Newegg will deliver them one reliably, just at close to twice the market value.

Andrew


Donnie27 said:
...After saying that watch the ding bats flock there pay these greedy bastards these inflated prices. We saw that happen with the X6800 :rolleyes:
 
oC|-TiTaN said:
You are a grouchy s.o.b. aren't you? Yet another quality post :rolleyes:

Not grouchy at all... just astounded at the lack of logic around here sometimes. I swear... some people seem to think that a business should sell things at a loss so they can get the parts for virtually free and NOT what they are worth. Just a general lack of reality around here...

Are those prices high? Of course they are... it's day 1 of the launch and other places don't have their inventory and/or their product listed yet. Laugh at the prices being high... hell, make fun of the people that buy them at that.... but to say that newegg "disrespected" you? WTF? they didn't fuck your girlfriend... they are making money, legally. Deal with it...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top