• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Compromised Accounts

Love the badge. I'm planning to sell a few things soon for the first time in years, and I want their to be no doubts about my account.
 
Me looking at accounts without badges:

44b0483a-2956-42d5-b994-7b18dd496d70_text.gif
 
I like the red badge for now - but I sure wouldn't mind seeing it a ton smaller and more subtle in the future, once the fun wears off.
 
My original provider email was nuked eons ago. Even if i wanted to enable 2FA, I can't. I do purchase things from here, but I don't sell.
 
I fully support both requiring 2FA to trade, and the new badges, even if they look fully ripped out of 2003 web design!
 
I was under the impression only ISP provided email was accepted?
Any non free domain should work. I actually am on a Hotmail account since that's what I signed up with which is my main email to this day :eek:.

EDIT: FrgMstr posted below.
 
Ahh. I do remember when I signed up that other emails were not accepted for security purposes, otherwise i would have used my gmail. Thx
There have been some issues with certain providers blocking emails silently iirc, but gmail should be fine.
 
Dudes this is awesome...a few of us have been harping on the 2FA thing for a while now, but if people didn't see the threads where those discussions took place (as many didn't) then they were probably none the wiser.

The badge is very visible and is a wonderful measure for FS/T where thousands of dollars are exchanged every week.
 
Aw heck, why not?

Everything else at work all but demands 2FA, so when I have to order supplies, cryogens, access the Oracle admin system, or even check my e-mail, I have to go through 2FA.

It's a bit annoying, but not as annoying as my academic institution insisting that I change my 22+ character password that has a combination of lower case letters, upper case letters, numbers, and symbols, in a nonsensical arrangement, every two months.

Hell, I already have it enabled on my Yahoo and GMail, so to me, this is like the guy who has to take 4+ prescription medicines every night, and his doctor says "it's just one more pill."

(That's me, by the way)
 
Back
Top