Just started to notice this. I have changed drivers so many times its hard to know where it began. Not sure if I had the issue with a single card or not but im getting major FPS drops during air strike scenes.. drops into the 50s @ 1920x1200 rest of game settings maxed. My GTX280 would do the same but expected better out of a pair of 5870s. I am thinking of putting my 2nd crossfire bridge back on to see if it changes.
Here is what Fraps is showing for a couple min of playing. The big actions scenes make it dip.
Frames
8623
Time (ms)
61739
Min
53
Max
267
Avg
139.669
Here is a COD4 bench with Fraps.... its weird I never saw the 45fps dip.. not sure I ever saw it drop below 200.
Frames
16745
Time (ms)
44272
Min
45
Max
659
Avg
378.23
Here is what Fraps is showing for a couple min of playing. The big actions scenes make it dip.
Frames
8623
Time (ms)
61739
Min
53
Max
267
Avg
139.669
Here is a COD4 bench with Fraps.... its weird I never saw the 45fps dip.. not sure I ever saw it drop below 200.
Frames
16745
Time (ms)
44272
Min
45
Max
659
Avg
378.23
Last edited: