CoD: MW2 Lets Player Kill Civilians

I wonder how gamers will react if IW removes the content due to pressure from the media and soccer moms while ignoring the tens of thousands of PC gamers demanding dedicated servers.

If they have the balls to piss off their target audience, then why should they care about angering people that probably won't play the game anyway?

I will surprised if this nation makes it over the 500 year mark, I see this country inching closer to revolution daily. This nation has done nothing more than other military mights of the past have, aside for generating a larger body count. Cuba has better literacy rates than us, and the same life expectancy and health care...

When the banking institutions took control of our government we failed to protect this nation from what our forefathers had warned us of; "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

We must make a massive reform to return the land to the entire populace or risk the crumble of this bloated regime.

LOL

You do realize Jefferson never said that right?

From the Jefferson Encyclopedia:

The first part of the quotation ("If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered") has not been found anywhere in Thomas Jefferson's writings, to Albert Gallatin or otherwise. It is identified in Respectfully Quoted as spurious, and the editor further points out that the words "inflation" and "deflation" did not come into use until 1864 and 1920, respectively.

I wonder how gamers will react if IW removes the content due to pressure from the media and soccer moms while ignoring the tens of thousands of PC gamers demanding dedicated servers.

If they have the balls to piss off their target audience, then why should they care about angering people that probably won't play the game anyway?

Because a lot of the target audience gets the money to buy the game from their soccer moms.

I tried, really I did. But all I heard was Cod Mw2...........yawn. .....static. .........yawn.....more static......overpriced. ..........no dedicated servers. ...yawn....

Hiroshima and Nakasaki were targets of the A-Bombs because they had some significance as military targets.

The only reason both cities were bombed was because the military wanted to test the two different bomb types, the gun-type and the implosion type. Military targets had little to do with it. Do you think Japan didn't "get it" after the first one?

The only reason both cities were bombed was because the military wanted to test the two different bomb types, the gun-type and the implosion type. Military targets had little to do with it. Do you think Japan didn't "get it" after the first one?

Oh they surely got it after the second one, If it was just one, they could have continued the war. You under estimate the loyalty and determination of Japan.

Whats this have to do with the game anyway?

Both cities were bombed because Japan said nothing after Hiroshima, they were silent, so a second target was chosen. It wasn't to test Little Boy or Fat Man. They already knew the Uranium gun weapon would work, which is the reason it's design was never tested first. The base design for Fat Man was tested at Trinity with Gadet, so once again they already knew the design would work that wasn't in question.

Hiroshima was chosen because of it's port facilities, it being an Army depot, and a embarkation point for troops. Nakasaki was chosen because of it's major sea port and it had large wartime production facilities. Both cities had been on the conventional bombing list but were removed so that the effects of the A-Bombs could be properly studied.

understanding them does not make me agree with them
You say lack of character? i'm pretty sure if you read my earlier posts you will see that character is not something i lack.
The difference between a patriot and a terrorist is what side of the fence you stand on. I'm pretty sure if the American revolution was happening today the Brits would have labeled us as terrorists.
you are looking at this with fox-news blinders. open your eyes, there is more than one way to look at a situation. what we call a terrorist they call a freedom-fighter. what we call an insurgency they call a movement.

KNOW THINE ENEMY. if you pulled the flag from your eyes you might actually get somewhere and make some sense.

I will not dispute that a terrorist is a human. In the Army you are still bound to the geneva convention on the treatment of all personnel. It just has us deal with civilians/ terrorists alittle differently than we would an actual uniformed military person.

But here is the part I differ in my look upon terrorists and civilians. I will engage a terrorist with lethal prejudice, but a civilian with respect. I have been to the desert and am heading back soon. I dont care what those that have not or will not serve in our armed forces thing about the way I engage a civilian or a terrorist. Until they step into my shoes and have to deal with the sites we armed forces members have seen and dealt with, they have no real foot to stand on.

As far as violence in games goes, if you cant handle it, dont buy it. If your a parent, you should already know what is in a game before you buy it for your children. If you dont and discover it after the fact, than you are at fault for not researching what you let your children do. Hell, maybe parents should spend more time with their children and actually see what it is they are playing, watching, doing on their computers.

Your trivializing of the subject amazes me.

I will not dispute that a terrorist is a human. In the Army you are still bound to the geneva convention on the treatment of all personnel. It just has us deal with civilians/ terrorists alittle differently than we would an actual uniformed military person.

But here is the part I differ in my look upon terrorists and civilians. I will engage a terrorist with lethal prejudice, but a civilian with respect. I have been to the desert and am heading back soon. I dont care what those that have not or will not serve in our armed forces thing about the way I engage a civilian or a terrorist. Until they step into my shoes and have to deal with the sites we armed forces members have seen and dealt with, they have no real foot to stand on.

As far as violence in games goes, if you cant handle it, dont buy it. If your a parent, you should already know what is in a game before you buy it for your children. If you dont and discover it after the fact, than you are at fault for not researching what you let your children do. Hell, maybe parents should spend more time with their children and actually see what it is they are playing, watching, doing on their computers.

Truth.
...From someone who has earned your right to express your opinions.

Your trivializing of the subject amazes me.

Definitely. And no, Japan actually DID NOT "get it" after the 1st one. Truman basically said, now we've shown you what we have, give up or be obliterated, but Hirohito still ignored the Potsdam declaration. It wasn't until we dropped on Nagasaki that they threw in the towel.

And my grandfather was a gunner on an LST in the pacific. They were actually planning an invasion of mainland Japan prior to the bombings, and he was told in in their briefings that "the first few waves of troops can expect near 100% casualties." Truman saved my grandfather's life (and MANY of yours) by dropping those bombs. And Japan finally capitulated.

The end.

Can anyone tell me how many people died in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombing? Now can anyone tell me that it is justified to kill all those people in the two cities?

Can anyone tell me how many people died in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombing? Now can anyone tell me that it is justified to kill all those people in the two cities?

Due to several reasons there aren't good numbers. The Manhattan Engineer District's estimates put it around 100,000 dead.

And I'll tell you it is justified.

Definitely. And no, Japan actually DID NOT "get it" after the 1st one. Truman basically said, now we've shown you what we have, give up or be obliterated, but Hirohito still ignored the Potsdam declaration. It wasn't until we dropped on Nagasaki that they threw in the towel.

And my grandfather was a gunner on an LST in the pacific. They were actually planning an invasion of mainland Japan prior to the bombings, and he was told in in their briefings that "the first few waves of troops can expect near 100% casualties." Truman saved my grandfather's life (and MANY of yours) by dropping those bombs. And Japan finally capitulated.

The end.

My Grandfater was a Mechanics mate first class on a LST, he had 2 shot out from under him, lived and was awarded 3 purple hearts, best man i have ever known. He was at the D-Day landings in France and probably would have been transfered to the pacific for a Japan invasion.

Approx 220,000 instantly, vs over a million projected US lives if we invaded japan, yes it was worth it to end the war. Sorry if you don't agree

So, it's ok to kill thousands of civilians lives to save the lives of US soldiers? Thanks for making that clear.

So, it's ok to kill thousands of civilians lives to save the lives of US soldiers? Thanks for making that clear.

Your projecting todays views on a 1945 world, your views don't apply and you can't change history,

back then, simply being a citizen of that country made you the enemy.

Back on topic, A game killing civilians is just bad taste, but a real world potential

Umm, news flash. US soldiers at the time were innocent male US citizens that were drafted into service. They were just as innocent as the civilians of Japan. Infact they were more innocent as it was their country that was attacked by the Japanese.

Umm, news flash. US soldiers at the time were innocent male US citizens that were drafted into service. They were just as innocent as the civilians of Japan. Infact they were more innocent as it was their country that was attacked by the Japanese.
Yeah right, those who were drafted into service, were more innocent than those japanese who were at home with their family in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. All of those japanese who died in the bombing must be the one who attacked the country right?

Back on topic, I don't know how the scenario was presented in the game but I hope that people will realise the reality of a war and that way, people would take meaning of world peace more seriosly.

Yeah right, those who were drafted into service, were more innocent than those japanese who were at home with their family in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. All of those japanese who died in the bombing must be the one who attacked the country right?

Have you done ANY research on what the world was like in 1945?

Not to mention all the Jews the US and allies saved that could have been killed by the Nazi party. Germany killed over 6 MILLION of them by the time it was over.

Your view of what the world is, and what the world was are skewed and don't apply

Hmm sounds kind of like the US Invasion of the middle east, cough

Lets get back to the simple fact:

If you don't like it, then don't buy it.

It has been said many times in these forums, if you don't like something speak with your wallet. Don't worry if little Mary or Bobby might or might not get the game. You are not their parents. If you have children do what you feel right for them. It is up to you on how you raise them, but do not push your ideology off on others to make the world how you want it.

Have you done ANY research on what the world was like in 1945?

Your view of what the world is, and what the world was are skewed and don't apply

This I will agree with, it was a different world back then.

Not to mention all the Jews the US and allies saved that could have been killed by the Nazi party. Germany killed over 6 MILLION of them by the time it was over.

This I can not agree with though, your trying to support your argument by placing focus of a different country entirely, same war, different country...

It was quite obvious that we were going to be going to war with Japan prior to Pearl Harbor, we were putting restrictions on their ability to get imports. They struck first but that doesn't make the death of their civilians vs. our soldiers and more or less tragic...

The situation is different than the Middle East scenario that we face today but I still will never subscribe to the logic that a life lost in any country that wasn't displaying pure evil or malicious intent was a life worth less than the life of another human being.

You can thank the Japanese for Pearl Harbor, if it wasn't for that we may had never gained such "Lets get them back!" public attitude nor the same amount of people who filled in the jobs to put us into the industrial state that we entered into during that war.

Up until that point war with the Japanese was imminent but public was shaky on the idea of expanding the war at that time... Regardless we were going to be fighting with them either way so the logic that they struck us first through militaristic means has little regard on the fact that we were already putting diplomatic sanctions on them and had engaged them already with that alone.

This I can not agree with though, your trying to support your argument by placing focus of a different country entirely, same war, different country...

The topic is the same, innocent people die which is why i brought it up. The fact is, war is nasty as hell. You may not agree with why we are at war, you may not agree the way we fight a war, but understand the difference in time. You can judge Iraq and the Afgan wars because they are happening today, in our world. Don't judge what our grandfathers did, their world was vastly different than ours. Kinda a rant, not directed at you so don't take it personally.

It was quite obvious that we were going to be going to war with Japan prior to Pearl Harbor, we were putting restrictions on their ability to get imports. They struck first but that doesn't make the death of their civilians vs. our soldiers and more or less tragic...

Sooner or later the US and Japan would have fought, weather by direct attack or through allies, just so happened direct attack was the final straw. The whole damn war was tragic, but what needed to be done to end it was done. That was the mentality

I think games getting to the realistic point where true war is simply a simulation on a screen is a bad thing, the real feel of ware should not be on our computers or on our TV's it distorts minds into thinking its an every day thing and is normal.

I for one would play the game if someone gave it to me, but i'm not going to buy it, not because of the civilian killing, just because i don't like FPS's lol

So since we're doing the A-Bomb tract of this conversation.. what i haven't seen is someone post the reasons that the Japanese attacked pearl harbor to begin with. It was about oil and steel.. (shocking huh? ) we were forcing an embargo upon the japanese empire and their economy was near collapse. Basically the only way that they could preserve their nation was to create a war economy. We were fighting the Japanese in China prior to the attack on Pearl harbor. (see fighting tigers) and knew full well that the pressures we were putting on them would lead to tragedy.
History is written by the victors.. but the lessons should be learned from all sides.
The US was NOT attacked unprovoked. and there is plenty of resources for you to find that out.

and yes they did learn their lessons after the first bomb fell on Hiroshima. the surrender notice was not delivered by whom it was supposed to be and a near military coup was about to happen there before the second one fell.

damn the ignorance of my country amazes me daily. It is funny how people think that we are the saviors of the world and never consider that we got ourselves into the messes we've had to cope with over the years. When you play dirty expect the other guy to play as dirty.

Who really cares? I mean shooting things in games has been around a long time. I have an App for the Iphone with women and children.. You lose points to shoot them, but you can.

and yes they did learn their lessons after the first bomb fell on Hiroshima. the surrender notice was not delivered by whom it was supposed to be and a near military coup was about to happen there before the second one fell.

Now that you mention that, i do recall reading something about this. i just can't remember the entire subject.

bigger story is the No Mods, No Servers, Client based server aspect of game. This means most games will be limited to 4, on a braodband connection maybe 8, or HUGE lag. Also the host will have Zero ping. No Mods or custom maps.

All I have to say is that unless you have been there and seen what our soldiers have, you have no right to judge them. You need to thank a US soldier for you having the right to type your opinion in this forum.

Freedom is not free, somebody pays a price.

A few random thoughts:

Once a country full on enters a war economy where the civilians are busily making bullets/suicide vests, they're becomming fair game. Killing random people in an airport is douchbaggery, but if you want to read about it... I mean play a video game about it, that's fine by me. How many books/movies feature first person perspectives on a murder? Not my bag of tea, but I'm not going to censor it from other adults either. I am a snowflake. "What terrorists?" The ones blowing up police stations in Iraq. There is no empire. Benjamin Franklin didn't wear a suicide vest into a random English pub.

The ends always justify the means, that's how we make decisions. Should I go to Burger King? Well in the end I'll be full and happy, guess I'll use some gasoline and spend 5$, but it's worth it. Now it's time to grab my SKS and get back to some lighthearted GI killing in Battlefield Vietnam.

In Japan they understand the dropping of the Atomic Bombs. It caused the deaths of over 200,000 people in the next few years, but likely saved 100x that many Japanese and 5x that many American lives. Women and children were being armed for a last stand, The Emperor after Hiroshima said Japan would fight to the last man, woman and child on a public radio address. Doesn't sound like surrender to me.

Japanese understand, most do not hold it against us, and many have thanked the crews for dropping the bombs. The biggest problem was the Japanese government didn't send out anything about Radiation so tens of thousands died needlessly going into the 'hot zone'.

So since we're doing the A-Bomb tract of this conversation.. what i haven't seen is someone post the reasons that the Japanese attacked pearl harbor to begin with. It was about oil and steel.. (shocking huh? ) we were forcing an embargo upon the japanese empire and their economy was near collapse. Basically the only way that they could preserve their nation was to create a war economy. We were fighting the Japanese in China prior to the attack on Pearl harbor. (see fighting tigers) and knew full well that the pressures we were putting on them would lead to tragedy.
History is written by the victors.. but the lessons should be learned from all sides.
The US was NOT attacked unprovoked. and there is plenty of resources for you to find that out.

So we're required to sell oil and steel to Japan.... to support thier unfettered empire war-expansion into China? They already had a war economy. You've got some funny ideas fella. I guess if North Korea nuked us, you would think it's justified?

at the risk of sounding like a "redneck" from southpark, rumpleforeskin, if you don't like it, you can geeeeet out.

seriously if our horrible fascist empire bothers you that much on a daily basis, go find a little slice of heaven somewhere and live there. take your 30 years of violent gaming, your military history and your kid and revoke your citizenship so you can hate us like everyone else on earth does.

i'm sorry but the issue here was the shooting of digital civilians and we're getting half assed history lessons about WW2 and fox news bashing. end this, now.

yes you are sounding like a redneck.. listen little boy, I EARNED the right to have my opinions..
how dare you make such a dipshit statement like revoke my citizenship.. my citizenship was earned with blood sweat and tears. what have you done to earn yours?

it's funny how it's usually those who don't have the balls to strap a uniform on will so quickly dismiss the service of others..
man up and back up your tough guy statement

We were not required to supply oil and steel to the Japanese but when you poke the tiger be prepared to deal with the teeth.
I LOVE MY COUNTRY BUT FEAR MY GOVERNMENT. and I know first fucking hand what it is capable of.

you can't meddle in the affairs of other countries for DECADES and not expect it to come and bite you in the ass at one point.

open your eyes.. use that fucking brain in your head and formulate a thought on your own and stop believing what you were told to believe.

Back