CoD: MW2 Lets Player Kill Civilians

"Little Timmy" is not an axe murderer because of the games he played, he is one because of not having good parental figures, maybe a brain disorder and a society which reinforces the value of human life is next to nothing anyhow.

As the developers stated, it is a dramatic element meant to reinforce how evil the bad guy is. Why is that not alright but killing a pregnant woman in Watchmen is? Tons of people think Watchmen was an awesome movie (myself included) and very few people, I recall, complained about that scene. So why the outcry over a game? Come on people, get over it.

How about spending a little time with "little Timmy" instead of expecting the TV, Movies and Games to be his babysitter. Spend some time as a parent (and yes, I am one) teaching your kids good values and respect for human life. I guarantee the time you spend with your children and what you say and do around them is going to be more impactful than ANY game or movie he or she will see in their childhood.

War is HELL. People die. "Innocent" civilians and soldiers alike. War is a reality and sadly a necessity from time to time. If we wish to make documentaries and movies about the atrocities of war, I would expect that games (which are becoming more like movies every day) should logically be allowed the same freedoms. Exercise your power as a consumer; If you do not like it, do not buy it. What your neighbors buy for themselves or their children and how the raise said children is none of your business and it's none of the government's either for that matter.

Frankly there is NO documentary, no matter how gruesome or close to reality, which can capture the realities of war nor the atrocities committed during one. People are people and contrary to popular belief, war is never as black and white as politicians promise or desire. That is because it is HELL and people, even otherwise good people, will do horrible things in horrible circumstances, sometimes for themselves and sometimes for what they believe in or what they believe they are protecting.

Meh. End of Line.

Anyhow, my post above was not a reply to anyone in particular. Let's get back to talking about the game and take the debate to the Soapbox if it really must continue. =)

Honestly, are people really this thin skinned or are they just looking for shit to complain about?

I say kudos for putting out a game about WAR (you know, where people get blown up and shot....kinda the whole point of the thing) and including something that actually happens in WAR

yes you are sounding like a redneck.. listen little boy, I EARNED the right to have my opinions..
how dare you make such a dipshit statement like revoke my citizenship.. my citizenship was earned with blood sweat and tears. what have you done to earn yours?

it's funny how it's usually those who don't have the balls to strap a uniform on will so quickly dismiss the service of others..
man up and back up your tough guy statement

We were not required to supply oil and steel to the Japanese but when you poke the tiger be prepared to deal with the teeth.
I LOVE MY COUNTRY BUT FEAR MY GOVERNMENT. and I know first fucking hand what it is capable of.

you can't meddle in the affairs of other countries for DECADES and not expect it to come and bite you in the ass at one point.

open your eyes.. use that fucking brain in your head and formulate a thought on your own and stop believing what you were told to believe.

Jesus man, let me try to find a 200 foot ladder to help you off your high horse.

It's one thing to be informed and pass that information to others. It's another to act like a complete cocksucker doing it. Which you are.

Happy painting and God bless :)

yes you are sounding like a redneck.. listen little boy, I EARNED the right to have my opinions..
how dare you make such a dipshit statement like revoke my citizenship.. my citizenship was earned with blood sweat and tears. what have you done to earn yours?

it's funny how it's usually those who don't have the balls to strap a uniform on will so quickly dismiss the service of others..
man up and back up your tough guy statement

We were not required to supply oil and steel to the Japanese but when you poke the tiger be prepared to deal with the teeth.
I LOVE MY COUNTRY BUT FEAR MY GOVERNMENT. and I know first fucking hand what it is capable of.

you can't meddle in the affairs of other countries for DECADES and not expect it to come and bite you in the ass at one point.

open your eyes.. use that fucking brain in your head and formulate a thought on your own and stop believing what you were told to believe.

listen "old man" , i'm 23. my right to my opinion is one of the blessings of living in the united states. odds are your citizenship was established long before you supposedly went to war, just like the majority of many other soldiers who serve. it's not like if you wouldn't have completed your mission they would have deported you. you're confusing fighting for citizenship with whatever it is you actually did when you were "at war".

i feel i earn my citizenship by paying taxes, voting, being born in the united states to legal parents who were both citizens, etc. etc.

and how dare YOU dismiss my single post on the topic of CODMW2, which turned into a shitfest, as a complete dismissal of the service of others. i have friends in iraq and afghanistan serving right now and i support them fully. i support them for having the stones to actually join the military during wartime.

your arguments against seemingly the entire lot of people in this thread range from criticizing theories on why and how japan entered world war 2, use of atomic bombs, hyper-patriotism based solely on the fact that one served in the military, and so on.

you tell me to "stop believing what you were told to believe." I believe very little of what I'm told but i don't think fox news is out to take over the world. i don't have "blinders" of any kind on and i don't think that just because you get your news from BBC or whatever international source it automatically makes you some kind of genius on a pedestal amongst the unwashed masses of other supposedly unintelligent us citizens.

this is my first ever "argument" on hardforum... i try to stay out of this but good lord.

Honestly, are people really this thin skinned or are they just looking for shit to complain about?

I say kudos for putting out a game about WAR (you know, where people get blown up and shot....kinda the whole point of the thing) and including something that actually happens in WAR
Here here. Besides it's a frickin computer game. I would love to play as the villains for once.

shooting innocents is not exactly new in gaming.

who cares? im still not buying the game because of no dedicated servers

Its rated M anyway? So whats the problem? If they were nekkid i could see some controversy.

Ive shot plenty of civilians in America's Army.

If the game was truly realistic, I could wound a civilian so they would make a great distraction, to sucker the enemy.

Anyway, until they have more realistic blood and guts, etc I'm not gonna worry about any of these games being "too bloody or violent".

I saw the video. Shocking, No. Great marketing tool, Yes.
IW knows what they are doing.

The Nuke scene in the first Modern Warfare was more shocking than this.

I would post the link to the video but Activision may tell the host to erase it.

Back