Clash of Clans

Okay so I'm ready to upgrade to TH8. Any tips for keeping my stockpile of gold safe? I need 2 million!

I'm in a bit of a catch 22 situation - need to attack to gain gold in any meaningful amount, but if I keep attacking I can't keep a shield up which means every once in a while (more often than tolerable!) someone comes along and kops 150k gold.

Okay so I'm ready to upgrade to TH8. Any tips for keeping my stockpile of gold safe? I need 2 million!

I'm in a bit of a catch 22 situation - need to attack to gain gold in any meaningful amount, but if I keep attacking I can't keep a shield up which means every once in a while (more often than tolerable!) someone comes along and kops 150k gold.

You need to keep your TH outside your base so trophy hunters will just hit that for an easy bonus and give you a shield for 12 hours. That's how I'm able to keep all of my resources while I'm saving. I pretty much keep a shield throughout the week until I decide to raid a bit. Also, look up farming bases online and find a good one to protect your resources and preferably one that has your clan castle in the center so it's hard to lure troops out. Usually if someone sees that they can't easily lure your CC and there's an easy town hall to take for trophies outside the base, your likeliness of being full-on attacked is much lower when you don't have an active shield.

I've had a TH9 farming base as described above for over a month now and I've only been attacked hard (with higher tier troops) like 3-4 times. I still drop my shield to attack a lot and 90%+ of the time someone will take my TH soon after I log off and I have another shield with no lost resources.

You need to keep your TH outside your base so trophy hunters will just hit that for an easy bonus and give you a shield for 12 hours. That's how I'm able to keep all of my resources while I'm saving. I pretty much keep a shield throughout the week until I decide to raid a bit. Also, look up farming bases online and find a good one to protect your resources and preferably one that has your clan castle in the center so it's hard to lure troops out. Usually if someone sees that they can't easily lure your CC and there's an easy town hall to take for trophies outside the base, your likeliness of being full-on attacked is much lower when you don't have an active shield.

I've had a TH9 farming base as described above for over a month now and I've only been attacked hard (with higher tier troops) like 3-4 times. I still drop my shield to attack a lot and 90%+ of the time someone will take my TH soon after I log off and I have another shield with no lost resources.

Thanks for the tip! Has worked most awesomely.

If anybody is interested in joining a very active clan, my buddy started one and we war constantly. There's a good group of ~15 players, and about 15-20 newbies who fluctuate.

"Waxed Ghosts" if anybody is interested.

My game status: i have been playing since end of july im up to town hall 8 for about 2 weeks now. got my 4th builder about 3 weeks ago.

My personal status: this "game" is no longer a game to me. I now feel an obligation to play it and raid (farm) constantly to keep my builders busy at any point and time. A game should be fun and require no obligation in playing it.

Honest thoughts: If it wasn't for the time i already have sunk into this i would quit. if i could sell it i would do it in a heatbeat.

My game status: i have been playing since end of july im up to town hall 8 for about 2 weeks now. got my 4th builder about 3 weeks ago.

My personal status: this "game" is no longer a game to me. I now feel an obligation to play it and raid (farm) constantly to keep my builders busy at any point and time. A game should be fun and require no obligation in playing it.

Honest thoughts: If it wasn't for the time i already have sunk into this i would quit. if i could sell it i would do it in a heatbeat.

Hahaha, yeah it hooks you good, right?

I'm the same way, but I still have a lot of fun playing it even if I feel obligated to check in several times a day to do a random raid and clear my collectors. I've been playing it a little over a year now and am a somewhat fresh TH9. I was the same way with the builders (keeping all of them busy at all time) all the way up to TH9 and with everything costing 4.5+ mil to upgrade, it's hard to keep more than 2-3 builders busy now even if upgrades take about a week or two.

It took me a little over 6 months to completely max everything as a TH8, so I'm sure I'll be a TH9 for the next 9 months at least, esp. if I try to max my walls.

If you need a clan, feel free to join ours: Ballzack / tag #9LVVC290! Just be ready to attack in war 1-2 times a week (normally Fridays and sometimes Tuesdays).

Hahaha, yeah it hooks you good, right?

I'm the same way, but I still have a lot of fun playing it even if I feel obligated to check in several times a day to do a random raid and clear my collectors. I've been playing it a little over a year now and am a somewhat fresh TH9. I was the same way with the builders (keeping all of them busy at all time) all the way up to TH9 and with everything costing 4.5+ mil to upgrade, it's hard to keep more than 2-3 builders busy now even if upgrades take about a week or two.

It took me a little over 6 months to completely max everything as a TH8, so I'm sure I'll be a TH9 for the next 9 months at least, esp. if I try to max my walls.

If you need a clan, feel free to join ours: Ballzack / tag #9LVVC290! Just be ready to attack in war 1-2 times a week (normally Fridays and sometimes Tuesdays).

Thanks for the offer. im currently in a "chill zone" clan no war ever. we just have members that push or farm.

I finally made an account on Hard after couple years of lurking since they seem to allow gmail now. So i needed to post after my crack addiction (coc). Im currently well in TH7 but still have quite a bit to do untill TH8. still need to get my barb king( i have around 5k Dark) and max other building but nothing is really trailing behind.

My current clan is ok but they wars CONSTANTLY like wars finish and 2 min after we are looking for war haha. I actually love wars but 2 time a week sounds better I think.

Im eyeing your clan t4rd but ill wait till you say its ok first.

I finally made an account on Hard after couple years of lurking since they seem to allow gmail now. So i needed to post after my crack addiction (coc). Im currently well in TH7 but still have quite a bit to do untill TH8. still need to get my barb king( i have around 5k Dark) and max other building but nothing is really trailing behind.

My current clan is ok but they wars CONSTANTLY like wars finish and 2 min after we are looking for war haha. I actually love wars but 2 time a week sounds better I think.

Im eyeing your clan t4rd but ill wait till you say its ok first.

Sure, come on in man! Clan tag #9LVVC290.

We war every Friday and sometimes twice a week on Tuesday & Friday.

I just did a little cleansing of of inactive members in our clan, so we're down to 15 members. Current trophy requirement is 1300, but I'll drop it down for you if need be. The only thing that we care about is war participation. Not attacking in war = kicked. ;)

Just say you're from [H] when you send the request so we don't think you're some random person and reject you (happens kinda often).

sounds good T4rd !

you dont have to worry ahbout attacking in wars. I always use both attack and like I said my clan currently attack non stop so if I only need to attack 1-2 time a week i would actually be sad to miss it.

Im currently around 1150 trophy I think but I can easily make 1300 I just keep it around that number because it seem to be a good spot right now for farming. Im just gonna wait till this wars finish since I just used my 2 attack and I want my war bonus :p

Ill mention im from Hard and my nickname is the same as in here.

Sure, come on in man! Clan tag #9LVVC290.

We war every Friday and sometimes twice a week on Tuesday & Friday.

I just did a little cleansing of of inactive members in our clan, so we're down to 15 members. Current trophy requirement is 1300, but I'll drop it down for you if need be. The only thing that we care about is war participation. Not attacking in war = kicked. ;)

Just say you're from [H] when you send the request so we don't think you're some random person and reject you (happens kinda often).

Sorry to OT a bit but it would also be super helpful if everyone could put in at least a little thought when attacking during war..

Hum i just searched the clan and it did not come up in the search but i remember searching it before and I found it...

I don't see myself upgrading past TH8. It will be too much resource farming just to prepare for wars. 8 is perfect imo from a time invested to fun ratio aspect.

Sorry to OT a bit but it would also be super helpful if everyone could put in at least a little thought when attacking during war..

Hah, indeed. The best I can do is kick inactive players. I've tried to coach the weaker guys the best I can and although they listen, they still forget or miss something while attacking and suck hard, hah. I know I do the same thing sometimes, so I don't want to kick them just because they suck at attacking, hah.. plus most of the clan are my friends IRL.

I don't see myself upgrading past TH8. It will be too much resource farming just to prepare for wars. 8 is perfect imo from a time invested to fun ratio aspect.

I kinda agree having been a TH8 for over almost 9 months before completely maxing absolutely everything out (besides all my walls, only got maybe 1/3 of them to lvl 8 before TH9). But with maxed collectors and farming collector bases, you can still keep upgrades going at a decent pace as a TH9, at least I've been able to. My research lab has been glowing since I've been a TH9 for the past few months and could probably keep my builders busy on defense upgrades if I wasn't focusing on getting the rest of my walls up to lvl 8 still. I've been dropping 500k/piece on these things at least a few times a day for a while now and am just over half way done so far. I figure once I max all my elixir troop/building upgrades, I'll switch over to using elixir for my walls and use gold for my defenses. Because it seems that if I keep one of my resources depleted for walls, no one will attack my base that hard. Every since I've done this, no one has tried to take more than one of my storages, but 95% of my defense log is a few troops taking my exposed TH and surrendering immediately.

I've tried to tell people that there is a strategy, and that high level players should never attack targets greater than ~2 places below their recommended target. Doesn't always happen. As a result, we've lost wars because lower level players with attacks to use have no targets that they could possibly star.

I've tried to tell people that there is a strategy, and that high level players should never attack targets greater than ~2 places below their recommended target. Doesn't always happen. As a result, we've lost wars because lower level players with attacks to use have no targets that they could possibly star.

I know what you mean. I've tried to make up for it by attacking upwards, all dragons can go pretty far.

I didn't think that was an issue anymore in the last few wars though, right? I think I like the idea of everyone attacking their equivalent number like that one clan did recently against us.

I know what you mean. I've tried to make up for it by attacking upwards, all dragons can go pretty far.

A lot of times you can 1 star a base just by sniping all the outside buildings with barbs and archers. I would do this sometimes if I hadn't attacked right before the war ended and we were guaranteed to win so I can get a higher loot bonus.

yea lets war !!

finished my war base and I guess Meanslean liked it cause he copied my base :p

I like the idea of attacking the corresponding number at leat for 1st attack cause if a couple higher ppl take easy target for 3 stars then weaker ppl have 0 target wich mean 0 stars so its not in our favor to do that.

People attacking lower because they can not pull their weight in wars. We tell everyone to upgrade their troops before base at TH8 helps alot.

Started playing this game early Summer of this year, already at level 95 lol. Good fun game to play with friends who are active.

Started playing this game early Summer of this year, already at level 95 lol. Good fun game to play with friends who are active.

Holy balls, I started playing last October when it launched on Android and am at level 99 now and I raid almost daily! That's insane! :eek:

Holy balls, I started playing last October when it launched on Android and am at level 99 now and I raid almost daily! That's insane! :eek:

yeah I used to average 120+ attack wins per season so prob 140+ attacks per season until 3 weeks ago. haven't had much time since then to raid. 5 builders helped a lot when i first started

stolen 291.14 million gold and 246.9 million elixirs so far. Trying to max out town hall 9 but everything is so expensive now lol

yeah I used to average 120+ attack wins per season so prob 140+ attacks per season until 3 weeks ago. haven't had much time since then to raid. 5 builders helped a lot when i first started

stolen 291.14 million gold and 246.9 million elixirs so far. Trying to max out town hall 9 but everything is so expensive now lol

Nice.. I prolly average about 40-50 attack/wins per season, sometimes a lot more and sometimes barely any depending on my work/school load.

Yeah, it has been hard to keep most of my builders busy now that everything is so expensive. Here lately though I've been focusing on getting all of my walls up to lvl 8 at least though (about 3/4 of the way there now). I've maxed most of my normal troops, spells, and hogs as a TH9 already though.

I'm staying around 1800 trophies and occasionally finding some good collector bases or loaded TH8s that I can reach all storages. I'm wondering if I should drop down a couple hundred more to find more neglected bases to loot. Orc seems to be finding plenty in Silver 1. Even with the loot penalty as a TH9, I think it might be worth it if I find more bases to barch collectors.

Is it Free 2 Play or Pay 2 Win?

Some people will argue that it's pay 2 win, but I don't agree with that at all. We had a clan member that had to have dropped over $200 in gems (in-game currency) on this game and wasn't any stronger than most people who have played for a year or so. If you're frugal with your gems and earn most of the in-game achievements, you can buy all of your builders for free and still use gems to boost things occasionally.

I personally think it's much more fun to raid bases for resources and only use gems occasionally to boost my troops/spells training times. Paying for gems/resources only shortens the amount of time you have to play/earn your upgrades. It in no way gives you an advantage over anyone else other than getting upgrades (that aren't difficult to earn, just a bit time consuming depending on how you play) sooner.

Some people will argue that it's pay 2 win, but I don't agree with that at all. We had a clan member that had to have dropped over $200 in gems (in-game currency) on this game and wasn't any stronger than most people who have played for a year or so. If you're frugal with your gems and earn most of the in-game achievements, you can buy all of your builders for free and still use gems to boost things occasionally.

I personally think it's much more fun to raid bases for resources and only use gems occasionally to boost my troops/spells training times. Paying for gems/resources only shortens the amount of time you have to play/earn your upgrades. It in no way gives you an advantage over anyone else other than getting upgrades (that aren't difficult to earn, just a bit time consuming depending on how you play) sooner.

I pay to save time. What does that count as? I could farm every 20 minutes for 8 hours and get what I need, but quite often if I forget to keep to the schedule I'll get raided for 200k gold and 200k elixir, so sometimes if I know I'm close to what I need for an upgrade I'll use gems to fill my storages so I don't need to hang on for another hour or two and risk the possibility of being raided.

Nice.. I prolly average about 40-50 attack/wins per season, sometimes a lot more and sometimes barely any depending on my work/school load.

Yeah, it has been hard to keep most of my builders busy now that everything is so expensive. Here lately though I've been focusing on getting all of my walls up to lvl 8 at least though (about 3/4 of the way there now). I've maxed most of my normal troops, spells, and hogs as a TH9 already though.

I'm staying around 1800 trophies and occasionally finding some good collector bases or loaded TH8s that I can reach all storages. I'm wondering if I should drop down a couple hundred more to find more neglected bases to loot. Orc seems to be finding plenty in Silver 1. Even with the loot penalty as a TH9, I think it might be worth it if I find more bases to barch collectors.

Yeah I had my walls all at lvl 8 right before i upgraded to town hall 9. It was a lot easier getting loots at town hall 8. I keep my trophy between 13-1500, mainly for attacking inactive players with lots of loot in containers. I use barching to save elixirs.

Yeah I had my walls all at lvl 8 right before i upgraded to town hall 9. It was a lot easier getting loots at town hall 8. I keep my trophy between 13-1500, mainly for attacking inactive players with lots of loot in containers. I use barching to save elixirs.

Walls were the only thing I didn't max completely as a TH8, but I definitely would have if they released that update where you could use elixir on walls. I didn't want to wait to finish my walls because I literally had nothing to spend elixir on anymore and donating dragons to everyone constantly still left me with maxed storages, hah. So I figured it was a waste to sit on all that elixir constantly. Then the week after I upgrade to TH9, they release that update :mad:.

Might drop down to that range then. You see a lot of neglected/collector bases there then?

I have more luck at the 1200 range. Once you get 1300 and above, barches usually get killed to fast to get much loot. 1200 range you still run into smaller villages with low level walls. I'm near maxed TH8. Little over half my walls left to get skulled and a little research.

Anyone try sub-200 raiding lately?

Walls were the only thing I didn't max completely as a TH8, but I definitely would have if they released that update where you could use elixir on walls. I didn't want to wait to finish my walls because I literally had nothing to spend elixir on anymore and donating dragons to everyone constantly still left me with maxed storages, hah. So I figured it was a waste to sit on all that elixir constantly. Then the week after I upgrade to TH9, they release that update :mad:.

Might drop down to that range then. You see a lot of neglected/collector bases there then?

It's pretty random, I've seen more deserted bases between 12-1500, some above 1500 as well. Yeah the new update killed the elixir upgrade for level 8 walls too. I had actually upgraded my walls to 8 mainly using gold as most were done before they had the elixir update.

Only thing that sucks is farming for DE, as you'll need to be above 2000 to constantly see those.

Yeah only available to upgrade walls to level 9 and above. Good thing I was able to have all lvl 8 walls before this update rolled out.

It's pretty random, I've seen more deserted bases between 12-1500, some above 1500 as well. Yeah the new update killed the elixir upgrade for level 8 walls too. I had actually upgraded my walls to 8 mainly using gold as most were done before they had the elixir update.

Only thing that sucks is farming for DE, as you'll need to be above 2000 to constantly see those.

I'll prolly drop down to 1500 or so then. I have two maxed drills giving me 4800 dark/day, so by the time I upgrade a dark troop or hero, they've usually given me enough to start on my next upgrade, esp. if I've gotten a few decent scores from raiding.

If you ever want to try another clan though, hit us up! ;) I'd like another built TH9 with us, as I'm the strongest TH9 in the clan by a decent margin.

UGH. Why would they kill elixir-for-walls?!

I'm glad they did actually because it made farming for elixir a lot harder since every TH7+ was dumping all of their elixir into the walls, making it harder to sustain raiding and saving for elixir-based upgrades. I noticed a LOT less available in raiding after they dropped that first update for it. Now that I have most of my walls at lvl 8, I can still use it for my lvl 9 walls as I'm almost done with all my elixir upgrades already and can start dumping it into walls soon.

Back