Cities:Skylines Reveal trailer

I thought that I read somewhere tunnels were due in the update which would be really great.

Tunnels!

SKgCjgkl.png

Last edited:
It's live Bishes and Bishettes!
http://steamcommunity.com/games/255710/announcements/detail/249166664611991380

European Buildings and Tunnels are here!

Important note for users with modded games: Please use "--noWorkshop" and "--disableMods" as launch options when running 1.1.0 for the first time to ensure there are no conflicts. Several of your favorite mods will need to be updated before working properly with this version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings my dear Chirpies!

Today we are proud and excited to bring you our first large content update: Cities: Skylines 1.1.0 - European Buildings. This update is, as promised, totally free to all our players - current and future.

So what are you getting today?
Over 50 European style buildings
Wall-to-wall buildings enabling players to build those European streets and neighbourhoods
Three new starter maps
Tunnels, one of the community’s most requested features
A number of Asset Editor additions including the ability to import custom vehicles
A multitude of smaller cosmetic additions and bug fixes.
Please note:
The European style buildings are a map theme, meaning you will need to play a map in the European biome in order to see them.
Many mods and (some) custom assets will not work with 1.1.0 and will need updating by their author. We have worked hard to cause as few conflicts as possible with popular mods, yet this is a substantial update and with the code & functionality changes some issues have been impossible to avoid. Going forward we aim to find a solution where we can work with our core modders pre-launch to give them ample time to adjust their creations before the public have access.
Our brand manager (the handsome guy you've seen in several videos) has the following to say about the expansion plans for Cities: Skylines.

“Cities: Skylines will continue to follow the traditions set by other recent Paradox releases such as Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV of paid expansions combined with large updates of free content ensuring that all players, whether they choose to purchase the expansions or not, will have plenty of new features to look forward to. One of the major differences, however, between those titles and Cities: Skylines will be that minor DLC updates will be uncommon. The majority of content updates will be significant upgrades and additions.

Going forward, we will focus on giving away the main features for free and improving the modding tools, while also selling major expansions around new mechanics. But we will also continue to offer free content such as new buildings and road types.”

Full patch notes for Cities: Skylines 1.0.7 - 1.1.0

Features & New
New: European theme added
New: 72 European buildings in the European theme
New: Support for corner and adjacent buildings in the European theme
New: 3 maps added with European theme (Cliffside Bay, Foggy Hills and Grand River)
New: Tunnels for roads and rail added
New: Metro tunnels can be built at different levels
Options: V sync option added
Options: Invert Y mouse axis added

Editor & Modding
Launch options: added -noWorkshop to disable Steam workshop
Asset editor: Increased limit for bridge pillar count
Asset editor: Hedge added to residential props
Asset editor: Added custom vehicle importing
Asset editor: Added the ability to set custom thumbnails and tooltip images for all types of assets (in the save panel)
Asset editor: New editable properties exposed
Asset editor: Added ability to inherit building unlock milestone from template
Asset editor: vehicles have a Steam tag "Vehicle"
Asset editor: Fixed cut off text and missing spaces in the Properties box
Asset editor: Water Service buildings can now have proper pipe connections
Asset editor: Custom harbors and cargo harbors are now usable in-game
Asset editor: Custom airports now get visited by planes, like an actual airport
Asset editor: Fixed issue where some custom assets could not be loaded in-game after editing
Asset editor: Fixed missing texture for landfills
Asset Editor: Fixed a rare issue where holding and releasing the mouse button would not be recognized
Content manager: Introduced a new layout
Modding API: Added OnEnabled/OnDisabled support for IUserMod. Called everytime a mod is becoming active or inactive
Map editor: Fixed issue where users could place a water source outside the map area
Map editor: Fixed free camera hotkey not working

Bugfixes & Misc
Linux: support for JPG workshop previews added
Linux: users can now use numpad-Enter in-game
Linux: Fixed rare issue where users crashed due to a faulty asset
Fixed issue with 1x1 buildings "disappearing" when zoomed out too far
Fixed several localization issues
devInfo.txt is no longer needed
Achievements are now properly localized
Small contrast changes in some information windows to improve colorblind accessibility
Fixed issue where some elevated roads became immune to interaction
Metro and train lines now properly update when changed
Cruise ships no longer travel over land :’(
The 2x2 OreCrusher now has a purpose in life
Ireland is properly represented on the Union Jack
Cursor no longer disappears when you press Esc whilst rotating the camera
Adjusted upkeep cost of some roads to the one displayed in their tooltip
People no longer die when your city is at 0 population
Fixed an issue where right clicking a button would highlight it incorrectly
Fixed an issue where free camera mode was not enabled after viewing milestones
Fixed an issue where changing language in-game would not change language for some menus
Fixed an issue with mouse button key bindings
Fixed an issue where the options menu would not be closed properly by hitting the esc key
Fixed an issue where temporary save files would sometimes be visible
Fixed an issue where roads would snap to inaccessible sections of hydro dams
Fixed a graphics issue where text would sometimes be corrupted at the bottom of save and load menus
Trees in terrain heights view should now have the proper colors for their elevation
Fixed an issue where users could elevate the height of gravel paths, even though they could not place them
Fixed a minor graphical issue in the content manager
Fixed some text alignment problems
Text references to left and right mouse buttons now take left-handed mouse settings into account
Added confirmation prompt for Reset Unique Buildings
UtICBXdl.jpg

aLZ9YCzl.jpg

gBImI3zl.jpg

vDX4OADl.jpg

AbGdhoOl.jpg

Cheers,
The Cities: Skylines Team

Last edited:
Now to figure out how to shrink the images when they aren't being posted from my account on Imgur. Any ideas?

Sweet!! Cant say I like the look of this euro stuff, but I'm a murican so I guess it makes sense. Had no idea I wanted tunnels, but holy shit would that make so many road layouts easier.

Sweet!! Cant say I like the look of this euro stuff, but I'm a murican so I guess it makes sense. Had no idea I wanted tunnels, but holy shit would that make so many road layouts easier.

Many older cities and dense cities in America are wall to wall. Will be nice once buildings are made reflecting this. Mid 19th century through mid 20th century in America was cities with cores built wall to wall.

Update broke my game. Get an error on startup and can't load anything.

It's almost certainly because of a mod, but finding out which one is going to be a massive pain in the ass. With a game this mod-heavy, CO probably should go about patching in a different way. Have an opt-in beta patch (which Steam makes very easy to do). Gives modders a chance to ensure their content works with the new update, as well as giving players the option to roll back if the update breaks something (or at the very least, gives people less of a reason to complain about problems having opted-in instead of being auto patched)

I'm getting instant crash on startup too. I have completely unmodded game, never ever even tried any.

In event log (this is the cause, always):
Faulting application name: Cities.exe, version: 5.0.1.41926, time stamp: 0x5549707b
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x54504002
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000048e5

It works if I run it in OpenGL mode.

Important note for users with modded games: Please use "--noWorkshop" and "--disableMods" as launch options when running 1.1.0 for the first time to ensure there are no conflicts. Several of your favorite mods will need to be updated before working properly with this version.

I guess the modders will update their mods soon. Would be nice to have the old version of the game as an opt in beta.

I like the Euro stuff, I may have to look into that when my second city gets boring (will be a while lol) my first one died to corruption at the end of April and I'm just now almost back to the population I had back then.

As soon as I heard tunnels were coming I planned a highway that would work perfectly. Soon as the update came out I re ran the highway and then put a nice underground roundabout interchange on it allowing cars to get on / off the highway onto a 6 lane road which exits a side tunnel connecting to the road. Saved me a ton of space and works amazingly well. I cant wait to play more with this.

Only think with that I wish / hope they add some models for it, I enjoy the FPV tracking view and seeing the skybox is a bit sad vs a cool tunnel.

The only thing that broke on mine was the display resolution. It was set to 1980 x 1200 as the default and it properly read my eyefinity set up and displayed gray on the side to screens with the game in the middle, worked well. Now it stretches that resolution way out and looks horrid. No 16x9 support for full 5760 x 1200 so i just went to windowed and everything works again.

In case anyone is having trouble like me, I found a small list of mods known to not work with the new patch...

- Fine road heights [CRASH]
- Improved Asset panel [CRASH]
- Improved Mods Panel [CRASH]
- Mod Tools [NOT WORKING/BUGGY]
- Road Protractor [CRASH]

I was using improved asset and mod panels, both of which are no longer necessary anyway as CO significantly overhauled the content manager. I was also using road protractor, which is great, but there is a similar mod called precision engineering that actually is a little better and works with the new patch.

I can't play the game at all, crashes on startup. It works in OpenGL mode but the performance sucks.

DLC talk already? Isn't the game not even finished yet or did it sneak out of early access when I didn't notice?

Did anyone else notice a 327 ish MB update for this came pooped up this last night/ this morning?

Patch notes are here.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/255710/announcements/detail/79160220726386345

Greetings my dearest Chirpies!

Today we are very happy to bring you a bug-fixing oriented patch aimed to address some of the most common issues and points of feedback. Of course, as with any patch, not every problem has been solved - yet we're satisfied with the list of fixes that has been achieved.

Once again we would like to give you all our most heartfelt thanks for the amazing amount of feedback, bug reports and support you've been giving us. It helps us greatly not only with information but also motivation.

Mod compatibility in 1.1.1b
Due to some improvements with how mod-specific options are displayed in-game a fair amount of popular mods will be incompatible with 1.1.1b. We recommend using the steam launch options "-disableMods" and "-noWorkshop" until the mod creators have done the necessary, albeit very small, changes. More info on what needs to be done by our modders can be found here[forum.paradoxplaza.com].

Meanwhile we'll be doing our best to list the known incompatible popular mods below.
Traffic++ (mod creators are notified)

Patch notes
Added 30 new buildings (growables)
Added tunnels for Pedestrian path
Improved error handling for when a mod does unholy operations
Added "unsubscribe all" button in the Steam Workshop category in Content Manager
Fixed De-zoning areas sometimes results in zoned tiles reappearing
Fixed trains stuck to map borders
Important note: This takes a few minutes to go into effect on old saves experiencing this issue. Please let it work its magic!
New option panel layout
Auto-save option added for games
Graphics: visual glitches with pavement on steep slopes fixed
Fixed polish UI audio volume not fitting the Options panel
Fixed the keymapping in all languages not fitting to fit on 2 lines
Fixed missing info tooltips for markers (smoke, large smoke, info tooltip shot, invisible parking space and steam)
Fixed the "-noWorkshop" toggle to completely disable the Steam workshop integration
Fixed mouse wheel to scroll the build toolbar
Added shutter sound to snapshots in map editor
Fixed left and right mouse button references in all languages
Ability to reset keybindings to default without losing all other settings
Installing multiple workshop items at once should not freeze the game anymore
Dedicated options space for mod settings (IUserMod.OnSettingsUI(), added checkbox, button, slider and dropdown support) - http://www.skylineswiki.com/Mod_Options_Panel
Asset editor: Added new thumbshot and infoshot tools for capturing thumbnail and infotooltip images, respectively
Asset editor: Automatic snapshot, thumbshot, and infoshot are taken when opening the save panel for an asset (unless the user already took them)
Asset editor: Save asset panel now has the ability to select which to use of available thumbnails and infotooltips
Asset editor: Trailer and LOD colors show correctly in the editor when editing color variations
Asset editor: Removed color variation property from trees since it is not used by the game
Asset editor: Optimizations on saving/loading custom assets
Asset editor: Fixed a bug where creating several new assets during the same session would get the same ID, resulting in e.g. snapshots going to the same folder
Asset editor: Fixed additional polygons sometimes appearing in the models when scaling and/or rotating models
Asset editor: Scaling the model larger no longer makes it vanish from the preview camera
Asset editor: Overriding only some of the lod textures (e.g. assetname_lod_d) now works again without having to override any of the others
Asset Editor: Railtracks now available in Intersection editor
Asset Editor: Loading an asset does not reset the previously entered description
Asset Editor: Level 2 specialized industrial buildings can now be imported and edited
Design: Now possible to see what all future milestones unlock
RUS/GER: Fixed the "View on steam workshop" text cut-off in Content Manager.
Fixed trucks stop and wait outside cargo train station, blocking traffic
Added population info in the load panel for new save games
As per usual, please let us know if you experience any new issues with this patch.

Regards,
Your friends at CO and Paradox

DLC talk already? Isn't the game not even finished yet or did it sneak out of early access when I didn't notice?

Game has been out since March.
You did not notice.

Yay they added AUTO SAVE!!!!
Now I dont have to press F1 every few minutes. (Which makes a new file everytime too, so I have like 200 tmp save files now....)

The only one that I got was ~1.5Meg, but that was overnight, might have just automatically cleared one yesterday and not payed attention to it.

edit: derp.. didn't read the last page when I attempted to reply. nevermind.....

Last edited:
For those who haven't heard, a new expansion is coming, along with a day/night cycle. The day/night cycle will be patched in free for everyone, and the DLC adds new stuff to better take advantage of the nightlife in your cities.

http://www.pcgamer.com/cities-skylines-getting-nocturnal-after-dark-expansion/

Cant wait, I finally ran out of objects for my initial city and started another one with the lessons learned. I need some better in game multi station support for trains / Subway with bidirectional stations. Either way still enjoying this game a lot.

Does anyone know if you can cause traffic accidents? I finally figured out that all my roundabouts had traffic lights on them... Upgraded the roads to highways, and it flows like butter now! Except i definitely see cars bumping into each other because of the sudden speed difference. Do traffic accidents occur in this game? I can't find any info on it.

Cant wait, I finally ran out of objects for my initial city and started another one with the lessons learned. I need some better in game multi station support for trains / Subway with bidirectional stations. Either way still enjoying this game a lot.

Ran out of objects? What do you mean?

@Ripskin.....what do you mean by biodirectional stations? All the subway stops do that.

Does anyone know if you can cause traffic accidents? I finally figured out that all my roundabouts had traffic lights on them... Upgraded the roads to highways, and it flows like butter now! Except i definitely see cars bumping into each other because of the sudden speed difference. Do traffic accidents occur in this game? I can't find any info on it.

Ran out of objects? What do you mean?

No, there are no traffic incidents. Cars will often drive through each other if their paths colide in intersections.

By ran out of objects, he likely means he hit the object limit.

Also, don't forget, the expansion comes out today! It's supposed to drop in ~2 hours.

Heres a mod compatibility guide for the After Dark update
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=520741974

In this guide you'll find a few lists of Mods that have been tested during and after BETA for After Dark(Paid DLC Version) compatibility.
The guide is split into parts, with a list of working mods, partially working, not working and new mods that were released on or after the expansion launched on the 24th.

So is after dark save game compatible? I read that current owners get it as a free update but I haven't received it. Is that right?

So is after dark save game compatible? I read that current owners get it as a free update but I haven't received it. Is that right?

You are half right. The latest patch introduces a day/night cycle (along with a few other things) for everyone, for free. But you aren't actually getting the DLC. There is still content that you have to pay to get.

Save games are compatible. If you're using mods, that could be another story. I believe any custom assets are going to be a problem since they were never built to work at night. I don't know if it's to the extent that it breaks your game, causes graphical oddities, or what? After the patch, my game broke, but I had a lot of mods and hundreds of assets. I decided it was a good time for a purge and did a clean install. Most of the mods I had I've re-downloaded, leaving me to believe the assets were causing the problem.

Is there a good breakdown anywhere of what content is free in the patch and what new content is added by the DLC? Even the DLC ad page makes it seem like the day/night cycle is paid content, which I'm aware is not the case. Are the transportation improvements free or do we need to pay for those?

Is there a good breakdown anywhere of what content is free in the patch and what new content is added by the DLC? Even the DLC ad page makes it seem like the day/night cycle is paid content, which I'm aware is not the case. Are the transportation improvements free or do we need to pay for those?

Yea they didn't do a very good job explaining what is included where, or at all, really.

You are half right. The latest patch introduces a day/night cycle (along with a few other things) for everyone, for free. But you aren't actually getting the DLC. There is still content that you have to pay to get.

Save games are compatible. If you're using mods, that could be another story. I believe any custom assets are going to be a problem since they were never built to work at night. I don't know if it's to the extent that it breaks your game, causes graphical oddities, or what? After the patch, my game broke, but I had a lot of mods and hundreds of assets. I decided it was a good time for a purge and did a clean install. Most of the mods I had I've re-downloaded, leaving me to believe the assets were causing the problem.
Thanks! I had loaded my save then went to post.. When I went back ot was nighttime lol

I dont use many mods but I haven't noticed any problems with the couple I had on.

Maybe my gamma is too low but its pretty much impossible to build during the night time, looks great though.

Back