Chimp Challenge : Official thread

Ahh..., am I missin' something here :confused: or are the people that are favorable with the pernts their team is making post yay!, alright ! or yippee !, and not "Boo"? :confused:

Please excuse me if I'm wrong about this, maybe it's a cultural thing :confused:

GO to it [H]ardApe, Yay....!

Have two of the servers folding, and have RDP up on the third so it can be running as soon as I config the VPN and get connected.

I added another C2D SMP. That brings me up to about 5000+ PPD. Better than my 500 PPD before the Challenge! Partially thanks to Stanford for releasing some much better GPU WU's! The 3870 is now doing 2100 PPD!:)

Only able to swap my desktop over (others are borg), but that should get about 2500ppd.

Hey Nephelim, thanks for swapping over. As close as this race looks and as special as folding is every pernt counts. Whether it be 2500 pernts (which sure ain't bad) or, as I've read on this forum, only 1 pernt :eek:.

Hell, with me fubaring mobos (H2O leaks are killin' me, only kiddin' :p) and reloading OS's and then deciding to reload a different OS then the one I just installed (winders to Ubuntu and then Ubuntu to winders:rolleyes:). I'll be lucky to get 2500 pernts with the three machines I have availiable to fold :(.

All I can say is I'm tryin' to squeeze every pernt out I can for the [H]orde and lately I've been goin' backward :mad:.

Brought my gaming pc up to SMP. I guess the 250 PPD needed a boost. This is gonna kill my TF2 and CoD4 time.

You guys sure are bringing some heat back to the race, looks like it'll be too little too late though, as this race will be over in about 4 days...

T32 is also breathing down your necks, so you guys will be fighting [H]ard just for second banana.

-Dread
T11108

Ahh..., I don't know what fantasy world you live in, but our "Chimp Challenge" race ain't over "till the heavy set broad sings" (no offense to women or to heavy set persons) :p

Whop em' good [H]orde folding team 33 the best on the "Net". :D

Finally got my quad back online and folding for [H]ardApe. The RAID took a hit at a lan party a few weeks ago thanks to some people that couldn't follow instructions and I didn't have a chance to get it sorted until this weekend. I had switched the PS3 and my other clients over when the contest started but they aren't worth much.

Brought my gaming pc up to SMP. I guess the 250 PPD needed a boost. This is gonna kill my TF2 and CoD4 time.

Actually your TF2 and CoD4 time are going to kill your folding times :p FaH is very good at releasing cpu cycles the instant you need them. You should see your avg frame time go from 12-15 mins to about an hour per frame. It's all good though and thanks for contributing to the challenge!

I just got the Radeon HD 3870 video card, and am using the GPU client, this should greatly help us out.

Blah, I was eying my wifes macbook, so she put a password lock on it. :D

Damn :eek: The onlyist thing I can say is just "wiggle your eye brows" and use the ole' "silver tongue" technique. ;)

It may or may not work, it's worth a try though.:confused:

Passwords = no good for "borging" team 33 folders :D

Go [H]orde :p

Damn :eek: The onlyist thing I can say is just "wiggle your eye brows" and use the ole' "silver tongue" technique. ;)

It may or may not work, it's worth a try though.:confused:

Passwords = no good for "borging" team 33 folders :D

Go [H]orde :p

Psh, smash the shit out of it and tell her that if you can't use it for folding, then NO ONE can use it. You might want to start crusing the dating sites now though.

Ahh..., I don't know what fantasy world you live in, but our "Chimp Challenge" race ain't over "till the heavy set broad sings" (no offense to women or to heavy set persons) :p

My fantasy world involves imaginary female neighbors and retards who defend them
for no reason whatsoever.

What does you fantasy world involve?

Even with a crappy 0600 hrs update, we're ahead by 282,557 points this morning.
You guys are gonna have to pour it on heavy just to stay in second place cuz
T32 is really beefing up their production.

-Dread
T11108

I know I'm missing what the hell "pernts" are. :confused:

I thought it was pretty self explanatory, but if it isn't to you it's a humorous adaptation of the word points. (sorry to post such difficult to understand humorous adaptations in a pretty much "smack" thread") :eek:

And here I thought we were on the same team :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, to the individual telling me his/her fantasy must certainly be better than my fantasy world of "it ain't over till' the fat lady sings" must not read the news in his/her fantasy world because many, many would be winning teams/persons have been beaten in the final minutes, (quarters, rounds, etc. of any game/sport) ;)

Go [H]ardApe !

It is self explanatory. I just don't understand why you'd type pernts instead of points or why it would be funny. Sorry.

BTW, I dare you to respond in under 25 words. :D

Doh! why didn't I think about calling out in the Intel/AMD/Console gaming forums... Another thing to note for next year's challenge :p

why not some of the other forums also - motherboards, display, etc? I would post something, but I have to head over my mom's house for m-day.

btw, just added my work lappy - 2.0 C2D. No way to overclock, and I don't have admin privledges, so can't do smp. But have two console clients loaded up on a thumbdrive.

L_Intel-PODPMT60X180.jpg

Welp, I just added another ATM open on the floor E6600 to the fold. :D

Needs mo' powa' :p

Go [H]orde

We reduced MPC's lead by 10.8k at the 12pm update and put another 6.8k between us and OC.com.

I just did some math and if the trends of the last 18 hours continue, we will beat MPC by ~3hrs. :D

We reduced MPC's lead by 10.8k at the 12pm update and put another 6.8k between us and OC.com.

I just did some math and if the trends of the last 18 hours continue, we will beat MPC by ~3hrs. :D

Now thats more like it. But its still a bit too close for comfort. Keep it up!

Just put a thread up in the console sub forum.... hopefully we can get a few PS3 owners to join in the fun..... So close......must keep increasing ppd!!!

Back