Chimp Challenge : Official thread

So has this contest been decided as yet ?

Will two quads @ 3Ghz and a X2 4400 help at this point in the game ?

Sure, if they can finish work units before 6:00 PM EST tomorrow or so they'll help. We're in a close battle for 2nd.

I'm just disappointed that this didn't run during the week of the 19th instead. Would've been easy to run (22) 3.4GHz P4 and (22) 2.4GHz C2D 24/7 for that week.

I'm just disappointed that this didn't run during the week of the 19th instead. Would've been easy to run (22) 3.4GHz P4 and (22) 2.4GHz C2D 24/7 for that week.

No sweat brotherman (zeplar) just warm em' up for next years crunch contest ;)

It is never too late to fold in order to find the cure! Fold for Team 33! Just fold! :)

Alright everyone, remember after we hit the big 5mil to switch your user name back to Crazy_Larry....
*waves hand*
Back to Crazy_Larry...
*waves hand*
These aren't the droids you're looking for...
*waves hand*
:p:D

All of you that might be tuning in a little late, just because the Chimp Challenge is close to over it doesn't mean we don't need your help. This is just a quick blip in the radar but we need plenty of new recruits to continue to be the top ranked team in the world.

Please find your way back to your client configs and create your own user names (and make sure its team 33) and join us on the journey to the cure. I assure you, its gonna be a fun ride around here :)

And just because we dont come in first, we still need to cross the line to claim second. Keep on keeping on!

Alright everyone, remember after we hit the big 5mil to switch your user name back to Crazy_Larry....
*waves hand*
Back to Crazy_Larry...
*waves hand*
These aren't the droids you're looking for...
*waves hand*
:p:D

your Jedi tricks don't work on me. The force in you is not strong enough young padawan! :cool:

your Jedi tricks don't work on me. The force in you is not strong enough young padawan! :cool:

Trying to use mind trick on a woman, HA!

That will be the day.

Now I have to go change my folding systems........

C-R-A-Z..............

You guys (as well as OCF and OCAU) have been great sports during this year's CC.
I'm watching the points fall in anticipation of the various teams placement crossing the finish line.

We over at MPC are also missing a few of our power folders; that will hopefully
join in on the fun next year with us. Either way, next years challenge will be a lot of fun and excitement for all. I'm already looking forward to it (come on 5 May 09!).

-Dread
T11108 MPC

You guys (as well as OCF and OCAU) have been great sports during this year's CC.
I'm watching the points fall in anticipation of the various teams placement crossing the finish line.

We over at MPC are also missing a few of our power folders; that will hopefully
join in on the fun next year with us. Either way, next years challenge will be a lot of fun and excitement for all. I'm already looking forward to it (come on 5 May 09!).

-Dread
T11108 MPC

We'll be there and better prepared. But don't be a stranger until then. :D

I'm curious, did all the points MPC put on the board prior to everyone else's count towards this challenge?

I just was looking at the stats, and saw they had points prior to say, the [H]orde's joining.

I'm curious, did all the points MPC put on the board prior to everyone else's count towards this challenge?

I just was looking at the stats, and saw they had points prior to say, the [H]orde's joining.

The count is what each team gained since the 12pm update on 5/5.

I won't be up to watch the teams cross the finish line later on tonight, so I've already made my rounds to give congrats. I highly encourage everyone to do the same, especially those who have spent time smack talking on the other boards. :D

We'll get them next year. And heres my last time flashing the [H]ardApe badge for this year.

And don't change over until we cross the line. We can't have OCF sneaking past us and grabbing 2nd. :D

And don't change over until we cross the line. We can't have OCF sneaking past us and grabbing 2nd. :D

I'm not going to switch back until tomorrow... just to be safe;)

Now let's talk about that beer!

Fold On and Fold [H]ard!!!!

Oh...and made my rounds as well:)

Yep, congrats to the MaxPCers... now it's time to ensure [H] comes in second...
we'll be the best of the rest if that happens. ;-)

It's actually a tighter race for second place than it was for first.

Yep, congrats to the MaxPCers... now it's time to ensure [H] comes in second...
we'll be the best of the rest if that happens. ;-)

It's actually a tighter race for second place than it was for first.

+1

Fold till the end!

Keeps going and going and going!

Changing boxes over tonight to ensure my full support... Then the Sunin Steamroller gets fired up again!

FOLD ON!

Congratulation MPC for a great start and great team :)

Yes, fold on because OCF is now packing some serious punch in terms of PPD but it's just 2-3pdates before we reach the line ;)

Yup - grats MPC !!! Helluva good challenge. I switched this box back just now since it just got new work and they are not going to finish until late tomorrow. I'll be checking other boxen and if they are going to submit in the next 12 hours they will stay on the challenge for sure.

In all seriousness I kinda' wish the heavy set broad was singin' a contrallo for the [H]orde folding team 33, but alas, it's just not in the cards this year (sounds like a defeated politician, no new taxes, etc :rolleyes:)

So without further procrastination

Congratulations Maximum PC for winning the "Chimp Challenge" of 2008 ! :p

and a heartfelt congratulations for every folder from every team for your participation in one of the IMO finest DC programs out there. ;)

Please don't fold (pun intended) your cards just yet, as far as I know the "Chimp Challenge" is still up and runnin' to see who's gonna' win 2nd, 3rd and 4th places. (of course IMO all folders are #1) ;)

I've always believed "talk was cheap" and threats even cheaper, so the only thing I can say is, "we's gonna' get cha' next year" (no threat, but a stone cold promise) :mad:

OBTW: As unbelievable as it sounds even to me I tried to register with Maximum PC's forum for the express purpose of posting this message over there. I guess it worked, but only time and email will tell if it did. If it did great, if it didn't, I posted my heartfelt congratulations in this thread. :)

Edit: Without any animosity (well, maybe a little) you at Maximum PC, as with OC.com and OCAU, are some fine challengers. Always remember "it's human to make errors, but it's devine to forget loosing the CC" (err.. I mean forgive or something like that :rolleyes:)

OCAU are proud to say a big WELL DONE! to MPC for a very well planned and executed challenge.

OCAU is even prouder to say WE JUST KNOCKED MPC OFF OUR THREATS LIST...! Now we have no threats to our team.

Grats to everyone that participated this was one helluva a challenge. Amazing and in the end all for a great cause!

There is a very high probability that we could lose 2nd place as it appears some people have switched back prematurely. That would be a shame to get this far and lose a position and come in 3rd...

I just finished another SMP WU for the Ape!

Fold [H]!

Congrats to MPC. Great Challenge!

Back