Chimp Challenge : Official thread

Congratulations to the team for all the effort. We seem to have
recruited some new members to the team. Good stuff for the cause.

We have to stick it out until the end...the [H]ard way!

Fold on [H]ardApe!

Hey, I know there isn't much time left, but with the PS3 now going after digital asked, it's been going. I just now set up desktop to fold for it again (it hasn't seen much use in awhile), so I'll be running that 24/7 until it's over.

Thanks for coming on board. Its been a great coming together from all over [H]ardOCP.

Congratulations to the team for all the effort. We seem to have
recruited some new members to the team. Good stuff for the cause.

We have to stick it out until the end...the [H]ard way!

Fold on [H]ardApe!

x2

I want to thanks again all the new people, who have never folded before, that came to the [H]orde's aid. We are happy to have you battling diseases with us.:) Dont forget to stop in a nd say hi once in a while!

For the [H]orde!!!! I just know some how we will eventually win because we are [H]ard lol.

I've always folded, just haven't after I moved. Well, I guess that wouldn't mean always huh?

I've done it for a couple years, folded for another forum before joining here. But, I figured I'd help for the challenge!!

The PS3 really eats up power when folding, about $20 a month I noticed. So I stopped folding because of that.

Yep - aside from some of the internal bickering this was fun and it was nice to see new members come on board and to hear and interact a bit with the other top teams. I have a question though.....

2nd, 3rd, and 4th place positions. Are they determined immediately when one team hits 5 mil? I think all teams should be required to hit the 5 mil goal to determine the final positions. We do still have a close race going although I doubt we will hit first place. If by some crazy chance we can pull it off this late and this far behind it will be sweet though. I think it would be cool though to continue the race to the end. I mean, take a car race for example, when the first guy crosses the finish line, they do not snapshot where every other car is and the race is over, you want your position you gonna have to cross the finish line as well to earn your position in the challenge. Regardless congrats to all teams, we are all winners.

Actually I may be writing all this for nothing. This may already have been decided and I'm just too slack to read everything to see. ;) :p

Yep - aside from some of the internal bickering this was fun and it was nice to see new members come on board and to hear and interact a bit with the other top teams. I have a question though.....

2nd, 3rd, and 4th place positions. Are they determined immediately when one team hits 5 mil? I think all teams should be required to hit the 5 mil goal to determine the final positions. We do still have a close race going although I doubt we will hit first place. If by some crazy chance we can pull it off this late and this far behind it will be sweet though. I think it would be cool though to continue the race to the end. I mean, take a car race for example, when the first guy crosses the finish line, they do not snapshot where every other car is and the race is over, you want your position you gonna have to cross the finish line as well to earn your position in the challenge. Regardless congrats to all teams, we are all winners.

Actually I may be writing all this for nothing. This may already have been decided and I'm just too slack to read everything to see. ;) :p

Well, from what I understood, it's the first who reach 5 millions who win. by that time, everything is settled.

I see it more of a challenge to do 5M points. So do 5M points we shall. Even if we are last, we don't care, the beer just gets colder.

Been a nice TEAM ramp in any case, Bye Bye OC.com from the threats list, MPC to shortly be dispatched.

Told you we were bringing it.

The general consensus is for each team to complete 5 million regardless of who crosses the finish line first, or last, but it's a team decision and not part of the original challenge.

0600 Update

1. MPC 329,962 remaining
  2. [H] 626,318 remaining
  3. OCF 702,592 remaining
  4. OCAU 1,338,328 remaining

The general consensus is for each team to complete 5 million regardless of who crosses the finish line first, or last, but it's a team decision and not part of the original challenge.

0600 Update

1. MPC 329,962 remaining
  2. [H] 626,318 remaining
  3. OCF 702,592 remaining
  4. OCAU 1,338,328 remaining

Exactly. The actual challenge is "who reach 5 millions first win. Rest doesn't matter" but often, those slow racers will often like to complete the circuit no matter what. That translate to us reaching 5 millions.

Even if the contest ends and "we" pull out rigs off Ape, there will still be a few borgs and run away machines that will be folding under that name for months to come :p

That said:

5 mil or bust!

Even if the contest ends and "we" pull out rigs off Ape, there will still be a few borgs and run away machines that will be folding under that name for months to come :p

That said:

5 mil or bust!

Expect me to join the [H]Mowed|Over club if that happen :p

Eekers:eek: I never thought about whether the rules were to finish the race to 5 mil for each team or the Chimp Challenge ends with the first team to reach 5 mil pernts.

I just took for granted, like everything else successful in life, that every team goes the distance (5 mil). :confused:

Its less than a day difference not like that is a huge deal.. so I swamp my machines tomorrow versus tonight... oh noes...

For clarification, the finish line is considered 5 million points. The order of the finish is when each respective team crosses the "finish line".

For clarification, the finish line is considered 5 million points. The order of the finish is when each respective team crosses the "finish line".

Great... Let's crush the mushroom and don't let OCF reach our ass :D

I see it more of a challenge to do 5M points. So do 5M points we shall. Even if we are last, we don't care, the beer just gets colder.

Told you we were bringing it.

I agree wholeheartedly about the brew getting colder if we all stretch to 5 mil, but "what's joo's takin' about freakin' last place ?" (I know what you mean, it don't mean jack and that ain't no humility either.) :rolleyes: ?

Here you guys are like 2nd place of the whole fu*king world out of like more than 50,000 teams (I think) and your takin' about friggin' last place. (give ma a break, only kiddin. ;))

In the gist of the whole matter who really gives a sh*t ? Other than the fun of competition something about a "monkey paw" and friggin' sheeps, it's really all in fun and the real winners, as I've heard so many times before, are the poor unfortunate people that, ATM, suffer from un-fu*king-curable diseases. :p

Hey, you've heard that song by Kenny Rogers about knowing when to fold em' ? What they left out is you fold all the time in Folding Home and, if you can, stay away from card games. :cool:

OBTW Sorry about the vulgarness, I hope the "grammar police" don't delete this post :(

Quoted and made a bit more visible! :p Also what site is the official points count? I'm so confused the one I am using said it was not accurate... So is [H] the official points?

From the OP said:
5. In the event of a close race, the Stanford site will be considered the official source for points information.
As per the rules in the OP....

I agree wholeheartedly about the brew getting colder if we all stretch to 5 mil, but "what's joo's takin' about freakin' last place ?" (I know what you mean, it don't mean jack and that ain't no humility either.) :rolleyes: ?
We know we are in last place. We don't care, the beer is cold, the beer is flowing. We had fun, and that is really all that matters to us. We actually feel quite honoured to be offered a place in the stoush as you guys should also be.

While we are slightly disappointed that we didn't make a slightly better showing of ourselves and make the race a bit tighter, we take other comfort from the race.

A month ago, we were struggling for 880K/day as a team. We are now doing 1.2M+ per day. Someone did a calculation on our January Average compared to just a few days ago, and the increase was 46%. Any of you guys done that sort of output growth lately?

We've cracked back over a million points per day, and set new daily output records for the team - one that I personally believed impossible to achieve now just over a month later.

Our active members are up (heading down again for the challenge as many are folding their 1-2 boxen under Monkey_Bollocks), our average points per unit is heading skywards, and we have removed OC.com off our threat list. They were down to just under 2 years for the overtake at one stage. MPC has blown out to quite a few years now - EOC has been down and I have not been watching.

Here you guys are like 2nd place of the whole fu*king world out of like more than 50,000 teams (I think) and your takin' about friggin' last place. (give ma a break, only kiddin. ;))
Only talking about last place for the challenge. If we had our time over, I would have done things differently, probably the major one would have to be making sure Blair (our FLECOM equivalent) was running in the challenge about a week prior. He had fallen off production about 2-3 weeks prior to the start with expired clients. We made our Million points per day WITHOUT his output of 80-85Kppd (remember, struggling for 800Kppd team total with his output just 5 weeks ago).

Assman was not running, but one of the MPC boys pissed him off with a "2-for-1" boxen pledge. So he fired up his 16x B3 quads and told them to match it. :eek:
I love that guy (and not in that way either!!)

In the gist of the whole matter who really gives a sh*t ? Other than the fun of competition something about a "monkey paw" and friggin' sheeps, it's really all in fun and the real winners, as I've heard so many times before, are the poor unfortunate people that, ATM, suffer from un-fu*king-curable diseases. :p
That's all we are here for. I've said it before, but we (OCAU) love you guys, we hate you guys, we stand together united when it counts.

Hey, you've heard that song by Kenny Rogers about knowing when to fold em' ? What they left out is you fold all the time in Folding Home and, if you can, stay away from card games. :cool:
Mate, do not put that song into my head. Pandemonium shall ensue if you do......

.....That's all we are here for. I've said it before, but we (OCAU) love you guys, we hate you guys, we stand together united when it counts.

Well said, and worth a good quote! :cool: I think you've spoken for all of us as well. Thank you.

That was a dynamite post Mitsimonsta, I especially liked the "love, hate" thing. It reminds me of my brief time in Nam' (unfortunately I wasn't even close to bein' the onlyist one :(). We all argued when we in the ville' or on R&R, but when the "sh*t hit the fan we all stood together". I'm talkin' Brits, Aussies, Koreans, etc. in the field. :)

Someone did a calculation on our January Average compared to just a few days ago, and the increase was 46%. Any of you guys done that sort of output growth lately?

Actually, yes, we did. :D We've gone from under 1 mil PPD to 1.5 in a very short time.

Great post, misti. While it's a bit disappointing to not have the expected outcome we wished, the overall impact of the challenge is tremendous for all 4 teams as you outlined by your own team production. We also raised the production over the mythical 1,5 millions PPD mark and we probably recruited a lot of new members that way.

It's also a great thing to help with the inter-teams spirit where all 4 teams is exchanging words, poo, chops, beer and anything you can name ;)

For those that want some inspiration: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=669120
I'd appreciate leaving it for OCAU guys to post in, but by all means, read it. Idea shamelessly nicked from OC.com... they inspired me, just as I hope it inspires you.

Anyone that folds is welcome to drop in for a beer or a dozen if they are ever in my part of the world. You never know, you might find yourself wanting to stay over this side of the pond!
You would have to fold for 24 and that could be more than you could bear.

Actually, yes, we did. :D We've gone from under 1 mil PPD to 1.5 in a very short time.
Great! I was not aware. We aren't that far behind now.... so keep going!

Great post, misti. While it's a bit disappointing to not have the expected outcome we wished, the overall impact of the challenge is tremendous for all 4 teams as you outlined by your own team production. We also raised the production over the mythical 1,5 millions PPD mark and we probably recruited a lot of new members that way.
I think the comp has been good for us in that we can attribute the vast majority of our improvement to recruiting new members, encouraging former members (pre SMP days, they cannot believe the points they generate now), and also gaining a number of what I call 'baseline' producers who just keep pushing out the units.

Our new member Derb is one such character, reminds me very much of myself about 16 months ago. He has brought nearly 20K/day with him - you always hope one of those guys walks in the door every day.

We have advertised, we are looking at really firing up down here. Things are happening. Spirits are high - the job now is to maintain the enthusiasm and build on the foundation we have created. I know most of you would be worried in the same way after a quick increase in PPD, it's very hard to hold that increase long term.

My boxen shall remain with the Ape until we cross the 5 million mark.

Once that happens, I propose a party of un-matched proportions, where the beers will be bottomless and the tamales piled high.

It's been a good run brothers and sisters, and its been fun. My hat's off to the [H]orde and the [H] as a whole. I am still overwhelmed by the willings to help and the true community effort we have seen from our fellow [H] members, the Intel, AMD, PS3 owners and the [H]ardest Overclockers in the world, everyone who is helping us race to the finish, you are are all amazing, and thank you so much for your help.

And that being said, I hope some of you choose to stick around and keep folding with us:)

Fold On and Fold [H]ard!!!

Yeah, just found that. Things like that leave less room for beer or other brewed or distilled beverage. Don't be so shocked.. we're Aussies and we don't have a bunch of Mexican's banging on our doors. :cool:

That said, they do look mighty tasty.

Yeah, just found that. Things like that leave less room for beer or other brewed or distilled beverage. Don't be so shocked.. we're Aussies and we don't have a bunch of Mexican's banging on our doors. :cool:

Me neither, it's mostly mooses who bang on our door :D They make some damn fine moose meat on the BBQ like you do with the roo meat ;)

Yeah, just found that.

Things like that leave less room for beer or other brewed or distilled beverage.

Don't be so shocked.. we're Aussies :cool:

No...nononono....A nice warm green chili tamale complements a delicious cold barley beverage, it sweetens the taste and enhances the entire imbibing experience...makes it an "event" rather than a simple activity...

That, and they're dirt cheap and a semi-healthy form of sustenance.....so more money for new boxens;)

If it didn't so fricken long to ship down under, I'd send a dozen or so....you gotta try one someday...

Say what you want about our neighbors to the south, but they make some damn fine food.

So has this contest been decided as yet ?

Will two quads @ 3Ghz and a X2 4400 help at this point in the game ?

Back